Hopefull

Hopefull: Suffering from PGAD

Hopefull
5 hours ago, tjdeepthinker said:

Hello Hopeful,

(I will never get tired of writing that). 

I just made another micro withdrawal after a 90 day hold. Down to... 9.75mg on the Dratted Seroquel. Smalls are big steps. One day I will never have to read the words 'Seroquel', ever again. Thinking of you tonight! 

-TJ

Hi TJ,

It is always great to hear from you. 

I just cheered you on your thread! :)

Well done. Keep going!

Hopefully I will never have to read the words  "SolTab Avanza" again!

I dread thinking about taking it every night and thinking if I have taken the corect dose.

Nearly there. Cheers to that. :)

tjdeepthinker
On 5/22/2018 at 3:48 AM, Hopefull said:

Hi TJ,

It is always great to hear from you. 

I just cheered you on your thread! :)

Well done. Keep going!

Hopefully I will never have to read the words  "SolTab Avanza" again!

I dread thinking about taking it every night and thinking if I have taken the corect dose.

Nearly there. Cheers to that. :)

Haha! Yes I can't wait for the day I never have to hear the words 'Seroquel' or any of the other stupid drugs and all that again! Ha! 

That will be a great day! Your hard work is paying off! 

-TJ

Hopefull
On 5/24/2018 at 10:48 AM, tjdeepthinker said:

Haha! Yes I can't wait for the day I never have to hear the words 'Seroquel' or any of the other stupid drugs and all that again! Ha! 

That will be a great day! Your hard work is paying off! 

-TJ

Hi TJ,

I hope so . We will have a virtual drink to celebrate when that day arrives. 

Take care,  Hopefull. :)

Hopefull

I am ready to make a drop tonight, from 0.25 mg to 0.175 mg.

The question is what is the best way to do it? 

Currently, I am dissolving 15mg tablet into 30mls of water, and drawring out 0.5mls with the syringe.

I want to continue to draw out 0.5mg as I find it easier this way. I brought a 3mls syringe from the pharmacy today, and it has 0.5 clearly marked out on the syrange. 

So do I  now dissolve 15mg tablet in 60mls of water, draw 0.5mg and it will half the amount of 0.25mg?

I really appreciate anyone's help in regards to this matter as one pharmacist was confused and could not work it out,  and the other pharmacist told me to just keep doubling up water amount.  I want to confirm this before I go ahead. Please keep in mind that I want to continue to draw out 0.5mg with the syrange, as I find this method easier for me. 

Thank you. 

Shebon

Hi Hopefull:

Congrats on getting down to .25 mg. remeron!!  You've done amazingly well!!

Sorry, I can't answer your question on the math part for you...I have figured out my taper with a couple of different syringes as I go down. 

I am on nite 8 of a reduction from 3.75 mg. to 3.5 mg.  I will step down by .25 mg. every 5 weeks or so.   It will take time but I figure it will be worth it to go gently into the nite. 

Hopefully, someone will come along and give you the clear answer.

Best to you!

Shebon

ChessieCat

Please double check my calculations.

Doubling the amount of water (ie 60mL) the dose of 0.5mL would be 0.125mg dose but you want 0.175mg.

Using your current figures:

15mg : 30mL

Divide both sides by 30:

0.5mg : 1mL

Divide both sides by 2: 

0.25mg : 0.5mL

Now we use this method but reverse it because we know what you want to end up with:

0.175mg : 0.5mL

15mg : ?mL

We know your tablet is 15mg so:

we need to divide 15mg by 0.175mg = 85.72

So we now have to multiply 0.5mL by 85.72 = 42.86mL

15mg : 42.86mL

To double check reverse the calculations:  multiply 0.175mg by 85.72 and divide 42.86mL by 85.72

So you will need 42.86mL of water and dissolve 15mg tablet.  You will then take 0.5mL to get a dose of 0.175mg.

Hopefull
57 minutes ago, Shebon said:

Hi Hopefull:

Congrats on getting down to .25 mg. remeron!!  You've done amazingly well!!

Sorry, I can't answer your question on the math part for you...I have figured out my taper with a couple of different syringes as I go down. 

I am on nite 8 of a reduction from 3.75 mg. to 3.5 mg.  I will step down by .25 mg. every 5 weeks or so.   It will take time but I figure it will be worth it to go gently into the nite. 

Hopefully, someone will come along and give you the clear answer.

Best to you!

Shebon

Thank you so much Shebon, I really appreciate your support. :)

Congratulations on your tapper too.

You are slowly getting there too.

It gets a bit confusing as the dose gets lower.

But thank goodness for this sight, as ChassieCat, has answered my question. 

The pharmacists I have spoken to yesterday,  one of them gave me the wrong answer,and the other one was too dumb to help me. "Sorry I can't help you,  speak with the pharmsist you have previously spoken too", " It is too confusing ". "This is not part of our guidelines ".  I was furious to say the least! They always ask me, "Who has told you to follow this procedure"? "Why are you taking such a small amount"? One pharmsist even told me,  "According to Science, the brain does not register such small amount", "Why are you taking such a small amount"? 

I told him straight out, " I am your science and your guinea pig,  and I have been for the last 4 years". He just shut up.  Sorry to bang on about this. But the ignorance coming from doctors and pharmsists, in regards to tappering and how to properly get off these drugs, makes me really angry.

They are so stupid, and they look at you like you are stupid. 

Sorry about my rant! I'mlooking forward not having to explain my self once I get off Mitrazapine. Have a great day.  Take care,  Hopefull.

:)

Hopefull
48 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Please double check my calculations.

Doubling the amount of water (ie 60mL) the dose of 0.5mL would be 0.125mg dose but you want 0.175mg.

Using your current figures:

15mg : 30mL

Divide both sides by 30:

0.5mg : 1mL

Divide both sides by 2: 

0.25mg : 0.5mL

Now we use this method but reverse it because we know what you want to end up with:

15mg : ?mL

We know your tablet is 15mg so:

we need to divide 15mg by 0.175mg = 85.72

So we now have to multiply 0.5mL by 85.72 = 42.86mL

15mg : 42.86mL

To double check reverse the calculations:  multiply 0.175mg by 85.72 and divide 42.86mL by 85.72

So you will need 42.86mL of water and dissolve 15mg tablet.  You will then take 0.5mL to get a dose of 0.175mg.

Thank you Chessie Cat, I really appreciate your help. I will do that.  :)

frasier23
On 6/20/2018 at 3:53 AM, Hopefull said:

Thank you so much Shebon, I really appreciate your support. :)

Congratulations on your tapper too.

You are slowly getting there too.

It gets a bit confusing as the dose gets lower.

But thank goodness for this sight, as ChassieCat, has answered my question. 

The pharmacists I have spoken to yesterday,  one of them gave me the wrong answer,and the other one was too dumb to help me. "Sorry I can't help you,  speak with the pharmsist you have previously spoken too", " It is too confusing ". "This is not part of our guidelines ".  I was furious to say the least! They always ask me, "Who has told you to follow this procedure"? "Why are you taking such a small amount"? One pharmsist even told me,  "According to Science, the brain does not register such small amount", "Why are you taking such a small amount"? 

I told him straight out, " I am your science and your guinea pig,  and I have been for the last 4 years". He just shut up.  Sorry to bang on about this. But the ignorance coming from doctors and pharmsists, in regards to tappering and how to properly get off these drugs, makes me really angry.

They are so stupid, and they look at you like you are stupid. 

Sorry about my rant! I'mlooking forward not having to explain my self once I get off Mitrazapine. Have a great day.  Take care,  Hopefull.

:)

Like you attitude Hopefull, just watch out having it towards People with powers(EG doctors) they can make psych patients into ******* in matter of seconds. Hope you get fully recovered and off whatever bullsh*t drug /medicine youve been on. 

Hopefull
20 hours ago, frasier23 said:

Like you attitude Hopefull, just watch out having it towards People with powers(EG doctors) they can make psych patients into ******* in matter of seconds. Hope you get fully recovered and off whatever bullsh*t drug /medicine youve been on. 

Hi Frazer23,

Thank you for your support.  I really appreciate it. 

As for the doctors,  I have not seen a PDOC, since November 2016.  I get scripts for mitrazapine from my local GP clinic. But I know what you mean. I still feel angry about everything that has happened to me. 

I was  screwed up majorly by my GP of 10 years, when she prescribed Setraline to me.  Then a PDOC prescribed Mitrazapine to me , in hopes to counteract adverse reaction to Setraline, and I have spent almost 4 years tappering off Mitrazapine. 

The end is in sight, and I hope that I will completely recover. 

I wish you all the best too.

Hopefull. 

Shebon

Hi Hopefull:

You are sooooo very close to your mirt end date!!  You've done it!!  A big contgrats!!

I have another failed taper under my belt.  I crushed a 15 mg. tablet and added in the 15 ml of Oral Suspension liquid, drew out 3.50 mg.  Keep in mind, I am trying to taper off 3.75 mg. of Remeron.   I crashed on nite 11 of the taper.  I slept only 1 hour, had diarrhea beginning at 6:30 a.m. and an achy lower back all day.  I had to cook and entertain some guests that nite...Yowser.  Anyway, I threw out the remaining batch of Oral liquid suspension stuff, made a new batch with 15 mg. crushed and added 15 ml of maple syrup.  Ok for a few nites then another crash.  Threw out that batch too. 

May I ask how you started your taper?  Did you crush 15 mg. and mix with??  My next taper (to begin 1/1/19) I will only crush a 3.75 mg. tablet and mix with water only of 3.75 ml to see if I can stabilize on the same dose using the water solution.  I am thinking the crushed mirt does not dissolve well...?

What are your thoughts on this?  My only other option is to order compounded liquid mirt from a compounding pharmacy (but that is very pricey). 

Thanks for your help!! 

Hopefull
On 7/6/2018 at 8:22 AM, Shebon said:

Hi Hopefull:

You are sooooo very close to your mirt end date!!  You've done it!!  A big contgrats!!

I have another failed taper under my belt.  I crushed a 15 mg. tablet and added in the 15 ml of Oral Suspension liquid, drew out 3.50 mg.  Keep in mind, I am trying to taper off 3.75 mg. of Remeron.   I crashed on nite 11 of the taper.  I slept only 1 hour, had diarrhea beginning at 6:30 a.m. and an achy lower back all day.  I had to cook and entertain some guests that nite...Yowser.  Anyway, I threw out the remaining batch of Oral liquid suspension stuff, made a new batch with 15 mg. crushed and added 15 ml of maple syrup.  Ok for a few nites then another crash.  Threw out that batch too. 

May I ask how you started your taper?  Did you crush 15 mg. and mix with??  My next taper (to begin 1/1/19) I will only crush a 3.75 mg. tablet and mix with water only of 3.75 ml to see if I can stabilize on the same dose using the water solution.  I am thinking the crushed mirt does not dissolve well...?

What are your thoughts on this?  My only other option is to order compounded liquid mirt from a compounding pharmacy (but that is very pricey). 

Thanks for your help!! 

Hi Shebon, 

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your words of encouragement.  I really appreciate positive vibes being sent my way.  I wish you well too. 

I use Avanza Soltab 15mg tablets, to tapper of Mitrazapine.

At the beginning I used to dissolve 15mg tablet into 15mls of water and draw out what I need.

For the last 5 months, I would dissolve 15mg tablet inyo 30mls of water and draw out 0.5mls with the syrange, which equals to 0.25 mg.

Tonight I made my drop to 0.125 by dissolving 15mg tablet into 60mls of water and drawing out 0.5mls with a syringe.

I always discard the rest, because I am extra sensitive. 

Using Soltab has been the easiest and the cheapest way for me to tapper off Mitrazapine. 

Would you consider tappering this way?

marie123

Hi Hopefull. Nice going for getting down so low.

Did you notice a big difference switching to the Soltab? I wonder if the regular Mirt tab will dissolve sufficiently in water.

Keep up the good work. You will be done soon.

Marie

Hopefull
19 hours ago, marie123 said:

Hi Hopefull. Nice going for getting down so low.

Did you notice a big difference switching to the Soltab? I wonder if the regular Mirt tab will dissolve sufficiently in water.

Keep up the good work. You will be done soon.

Marie

Hi Marie,

Thank you for your encouraging words.

I really appreciate it. 

I personally found SolTab to be much better for me,  then dissolving a regular Mirt tablet.  I have tried dissolving a regular Mirt tablet, and it doesn't disolve propley.  

I personally find it much easier this way.

Are you coming off Mitrazapine too?

marie123

I haven't started the Mirt taper yet. I am taking 7.5 mg.

I'm at the tail end of my Trazodone taper, and I am down to .25 mg. Trazodone has some similarities to Mirt. It also has more s/e's I find. Trazodone balanced the Mirt so I did not gain weight, but once I lowered Traz significantly, the Mirt weight gain happened. That's the only positive thing I can say about Traz.

I'm finishing out the last bits of Traz. I have to go slow or I get significant w/d. My tinnitus is having some spikes too, so I must be careful. I will start Mirt taper in the new year.

Have you noticed any tinnitus during your Mirt taper? I know my tinnitus increased when I first started Mirt, but I needed sleep desperately.

Good luck.

Marie

Hopefull
On 7/12/2018 at 11:09 PM, marie123 said:

I haven't started the Mirt taper yet. I am taking 7.5 mg.

I'm at the tail end of my Trazodone taper, and I am down to .25 mg. Trazodone has some similarities to Mirt. It also has more s/e's I find. Trazodone balanced the Mirt so I did not gain weight, but once I lowered Traz significantly, the Mirt weight gain happened. That's the only positive thing I can say about Traz.

I'm finishing out the last bits of Traz. I have to go slow or I get significant w/d. My tinnitus is having some spikes too, so I must be careful. I will start Mirt taper in the new year.

Have you noticed any tinnitus during your Mirt taper? I know my tinnitus increased when I first started Mirt, but I needed sleep desperately.

Good luck.

Marie

Hi Marie,

Congratulations on getting down to 0.25mg of Trazadone.

I don't have tinnitus,  but more like a head hoise, when it is quite. I also experience ear fulness from time to time. Do you get this too?

It lasts for couple of seconds. 

How do you cope with tinnitus? Do you listen to the misic before bed time?

I have gained weight from Mitrazapine too. That is why I can't wait to get off this crap.

Good luck with Mitrazapine taper.

Tappering is not easy and it tests your patience,  but you get there in the end. 

marie123

Hi Hopefull. I sleep with the television on low on a timer. I'm used to the tinnitus. That is why on went on sleep meds. I was getting zero sleep! By the way, head noise when it's quiet is very low tinnitus. Maybe when you are off Mirt it will go away. Yes I do get the ear fullness. These drugs mess with your ears. Take care.

Marie

Hopefull
20 minutes ago, marie123 said:

Hi Hopefull. I sleep with the television on low on a timer. I'm used to the tinnitus. That is why on went on sleep meds. I was getting zero sleep! By the way, head noise when it's quiet is very low tinnitus. Maybe when you are off Mirt it will go away. Yes I do get the ear fullness. These drugs mess with your ears. Take care.

Marie

Hi Marie,

Maybe it is. I just hear  head noise at night, but my ears are not ringing. 

I have read that some people get head noise, when coming off these drugs.

Hopefully it will go away when I get off Mitrazapine.

Take care, Hopefull. 

Shebon

Hi Hopefull:

Thank you, thank you for your response to how you are tapering. 

I have tried crushing the regular 15 mg. mirt tablet before adding the suspension liquid, but I think both the crushing and the suspension liquid may affect the strength of dosage.  ...at this point, just my personal guess.

When I start the taper again, I will switch to the Soltab as my doctor has already she would give me an RX for this.  Since I am only on 3.75 mg. (1/4 of a 15 mg. tablet), I thought I would try adding the 3.75 mg. to 3.75 ml water and drink the whole dose; do this for a full 6 weeks to ensure my body will adapt to the changeup in tablets.  I like the idea of not having to crush the tablet but let the tablet dissolve on its own in the water before drinking. 

You may be our in-house pro with tapering off Mirt!!  I've ready so many different ways to taper that it can spin one's head completely around!!

I just want to remain functional and not out of commission while I taper, as I'm sure you did too.  On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your taper thus far?  ...with 10 being the most difficult...

Thanks for your assistance!!  It is not easy finding another remeron taperer succeeding!!

Best regards,

Shebon

Hopefull
16 hours ago, Shebon said:

Hi Hopefull:

Thank you, thank you for your response to how you are tapering. 

I have tried crushing the regular 15 mg. mirt tablet before adding the suspension liquid, but I think both the crushing and the suspension liquid may affect the strength of dosage.  ...at this point, just my personal guess.

When I start the taper again, I will switch to the Soltab as my doctor has already she would give me an RX for this.  Since I am only on 3.75 mg. (1/4 of a 15 mg. tablet), I thought I would try adding the 3.75 mg. to 3.75 ml water and drink the whole dose; do this for a full 6 weeks to ensure my body will adapt to the changeup in tablets.  I like the idea of not having to crush the tablet but let the tablet dissolve on its own in the water before drinking. 

You may be our in-house pro with tapering off Mirt!!  I've ready so many different ways to taper that it can spin one's head completely around!!

I just want to remain functional and not out of commission while I taper, as I'm sure you did too.  On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your taper thus far?  ...with 10 being the most difficult...

Thanks for your assistance!!  It is not easy finding another remeron taperer succeeding!!

Best regards,

Shebon

Hi Shebon,

You are most welcome. 

You really made me laugh with your "in-house-pro", comment!  Lol! :)

It is good that you have a good sense of humor.  

It is good that your doctor has agreed to prescribe, SolTab, as it makes the whole tappering process easier. I don't see any harm in quartering the tablet and dissolving it in the equal amount of water. 

Stick to SolTab taper and you will be fine.

I would rate the first 3 years of tappering 10, being the most difficult,  and the last 1 1/2 years at around 5, 6,7. It is hard to rate it. I  don't get as terrible waves as before,  but I still get it every now and then.  To be honest,  I still worry about getting completely off Mitrazapine. What happens when you get off? I am hoping for the best.  

How are you doing so far? How are you coping with everything? 

All the best with your tapper.

Take it easy and you will get there in the end. It is better to be functional then a basket case.

Shebon

Hi Hopefull:

From your history, you tapered off quite a dosage -- 37.5 mg. to 4 mg. in 11 months time.  Were you able to work in the early stages of your taper?  You are one mirt warrior!!

You were very wise to slow it down when you resumed again in Feb. 2016.  You wouldn't think it would take long to get off the last 5 mg. but symptoms that come on and life stuff really discourage the desire to get off quickly.  I had tried many other times by cutting the dose to 1/2 (1/8 of 15 mg.) but would always updose due to symptoms. 

You have come a long way in your journey....did you have to switch over to the dissolvable Soltab from the generic remeron?  The generic rem is what I have been on for 5 years now. 

I am gearing up for another "go" at it...I so appreciate your responses and your willingness to conquer the mirt beast!!  I went through a benzo taper 7 years ago and never wanted to repeat that, but I want to get off this stuff for good!

How is life for you now on the low, low micro dose?  Able to engage in all the stuff you plan?  I think the critical time after no mirt is the 2-3 month range.  If you get past that, it will be clear skies ahead!

Go Hopefull!!  Be free!!

Thanks,

Shebon