Hopefull: suffering from PGAD

Hopefull

On 9/13/2018 at 7:38 PM, Carmie said:

Hi Hopefull, 

Just checking in to see how you are. I hope you manage to get some sleep despite your noisy water heater. 

Sending hugs🤗

Hi Carmie,

The water heater had a faulty pump, that is why it was making a loud noise.

I am feeling lousy today, my anxiety is through the roof.

I could not sit still at the hairdresser today. I must have PTSD, because old feelings subconsciously emerged, and I was reading a magazine. I was not thinking about any thing. It used to happen to me at the beginning of this journey. 

I felt horrible anxiety,  like I needed to escape and get some fresh air.

My brain is doing weird things again,  and I know that I am going through WDS.

I feel flat and not myself. 

I am waiting for it to pass. 

It is a real bummer. 

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

Hopeful, did you already jump from the drugs? Or are you still taking these miniscule amounts?

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

3 hours ago, Martina23 said:

Hopeful, did you already jump from the drugs? Or are you still taking these miniscule amounts?

Hi Martina,

How are you? 

I am still taking half of 0.25mg, (0.125mg). I have cut the dose 2 months ago.  The last 2 weeks or more have been a bit shaky.

Anxiety comes and goes and I am experiencing unexpected triggers. 

I am finding it hard to settle down and drift off to sleep. 

I am not sure if my brain is rejecting the drug and is building up in my system and I need to drop the dose,  or I need to hold for a while? 

It is such a small amount. 

Sometimes I just want to jump off, then I feel scared to do so.

We will see how I go. Thanks for dropping by my thread. 

DRUG HISTORY:

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

Hi Hopefull,

Just dropping in to day “hi.” I’m in a bad wave right now with terribly disturbing ocd with suicidal ocd and intense emotion. It’s very frustrating, so just trying to keep myself occupied so I don’t make things worse. Very discouraging to be dealing with 2 and a half years into this healing process. Not fun to type all of that, but keeping myself honest with people that understand helps. My husband has been so sweet to help me through. I’m off of work today, so that doesn’t help. I do so much better at school when I’m distracted with by my students. 

Anyways, I just read your post above. I hope you’re feeling better soon. 

Thanks again for for always encouraging me. I’ve read back through your encouragement today and it helps. 💕

mFrustrated

Celexa- 2 days (February 2016)

Paxil- 5 days (February 2016)

Zoloft- 11 days (February 2016)

BuSpar-2 days (June 2016)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 3:18 AM, mFrustrated said:

Hi Hopefull,

Just dropping in to day “hi.” I’m in a bad wave right now with terribly disturbing ocd with suicidal ocd and intense emotion. It’s very frustrating, so just trying to keep myself occupied so I don’t make things worse. Very discouraging to be dealing with 2 and a half years into this healing process. Not fun to type all of that, but keeping myself honest with people that understand helps. My husband has been so sweet to help me through. I’m off of work today, so that doesn’t help. I do so much better at school when I’m distracted with by my students. 

Anyways, I just read your post above. I hope you’re feeling better soon. 

Thanks again for for always encouraging me. I’ve read back through your encouragement today and it helps. 💕

It does get better.  It really is a waiting game. 

I am glad that I made you feel better. 

I am feeling  better than before. 

Take care,  Hopeful.  :)

DRUG HISTORY:

It looks like at the end of November, after 4 years of tappering, my tappering journey will come to an end. 

SolTab is being discontinued by the manufacturer. I rang at least 10 pharmacies last night, only 1 pharmacy had the last box og 15mg SolTab. 

The only other option is to dissolve a regular Avanza tablet, but I have tried this in the past, and it never agreed with me. 

So it looks like I might have to stop at 0.125, even though I really want to get to 0.06 before I stop.

I have been holding 0.125mg for the last 3 months. 

Lets see how we go.

I am scared to stop, but it looks like I don't really have a choice.

I am not sure if this is a blessing in disguise or a sure ticket to a discontinuation hell.

Let's wait and see.

DRUG HISTORY:

Hi Hopeful-- if you've been holding at .125 for three months and there really isn't any chance of getting more SolTab there wouldn't be much to lose if you were to go ahead and drop to .06 until your meds run out.  Even a short run at the lower dose would buffer the final jump to "0".  Just an idea it all depends on how you're feeling.  Making the final jump is almost as frightening as starting a taper,but for many who have done a long slow taper it ends up being just like any other drop.  Some slight symptoms for a few days and then steady improvement.  Please don't add any secondary anxiety to the process, you'll be fine.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

This is a blessing that there is no SolTab. You dont have to be really afraid to jump, you have already discontinuation syndrom behind you. Now starts the life!

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hopefull, 

Just wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you. Yes, it must be scary making that last jump. It’s a blessing though that you’ve managed to get so low before they discontinued your meds. 

Wishing you all the best with this last drop. Are you going to do what brassmonkey said n go to 0.06mg with this last box of meds you have?

Sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

6 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

Hi Hopeful-- if you've been holding at .125 for three months and there really isn't any chance of getting more SolTab there wouldn't be much to lose if you were to go ahead and drop to .06 until your meds run out.  Even a short run at the lower dose would buffer the final jump to "0".  Just an idea it all depends on how you're feeling.  Making the final jump is almost as frightening as starting a taper,but for many who have done a long slow taper it ends up being just like any other drop.  Some slight symptoms for a few days and then steady improvement.  Please don't add any secondary anxiety to the process, you'll be fine.

Thank you brassmonkey.  I know I should not jump the gun.  But I will do as you have suggested. 

Next week I will make the cut, and hold 0.06mg, until meds run out.

Hopefully I will not experience any major issues. 

Thank you for your advice. I really appreciate it.  

DRUG HISTORY:

2 hours ago, Martina23 said:

This is a blessing that there is no SolTab. You dont have to be really afraid to jump, you have already discontinuation syndrom behind you. Now starts the life!

Thank you Martina. I really hope so. I hope that DS is behind me, or if I do experience some symptoms,  it will be mild. I guess I am still not quite ready to jump off. But I will have to.  

How are you doing these days? 

Thank you for stopping by.  :)

DRUG HISTORY:

2 hours ago, Carmie said:

Hi Hopefull, 

Just wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you. Yes, it must be scary making that last jump. It’s a blessing though that you’ve managed to get so low before they discontinued your meds. 

Wishing you all the best with this last drop. Are you going to do what brassmonkey said n go to 0.06mg with this last box of meds you have?

Sending hugs🤗

Hi Carmie,

Thank you for thinking of me.

I will do as Brassmonkey suggested, unless I somehow get a hold of another box,  which I very much doubt it. 

I don't know why SolTab is being discontinued here in Australia. 

It is the most easiest way to get off Mitrazapine.But at the same time,  this will force me to get off. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise. 

I just get worried.  I always think the worst.  

How are you doing?

Thank you for your support.  :) Hopefull.💜

DRUG HISTORY:

• Moderator Emeritus
9 hours ago, Hopefull said:

Hi Carmie,

Thank you for thinking of me.

I will do as Brassmonkey suggested, unless I somehow get a hold of another box,  which I very much doubt it. 

I don't know why SolTab is being discontinued here in Australia. 

It is the most easiest way to get off Mitrazapine.But at the same time,  this will force me to get off. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise. 

I just get worried.  I always think the worst.  

How are you doing?

Thank you for your support.  :) Hopefull.💜

Hi Hopefull, 

Hope it all goes well. I wonder if you can ring around to different chemists right around Australia n see if they have one more box. They could send it to you.

Yes, in withdrawals we tend to think the worst, it’s a scary process n because we’ve gone through such severe waves we are scared of them. That’s totally understandable. People that haven’t been through withdrawals have absolutely no idea.

Take care n keep us posted as to how you go💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

4 hours ago, Carmie said:

Hi Hopefull, 

Hope it all goes well. I wonder if you can ring around to different chemists right around Australia n see if they have one more box. They could send it to you.

Yes, in withdrawals we tend to think the worst, it’s a scary process n because we’ve gone through such severe waves we are scared of them. That’s totally understandable. People that haven’t been through withdrawals have absolutely no idea.

Take care n keep us posted as to how you go💚

Thank you Carmie. I will do that.  I have to get a script from the doctor and I will try to find at least one more box somewhere.  That way I have a bit more time to stabilize,  before I stop.

People don't understand how bad WDS can get,  unless they have gone through it them selves.

I will keep you posted,  hopefully things will work out in the end. 

Take care, 💜 Hopefull. :)

DRUG HISTORY:

• Moderator Emeritus
20 hours ago, Hopefull said:

Thank you Carmie. I will do that.  I have to get a script from the doctor and I will try to find at least one more box somewhere.  That way I have a bit more time to stabilize,  before I stop.

People don't understand how bad WDS can get,  unless they have gone through it them selves.

I will keep you posted,  hopefully things will work out in the end. 

Take care, 💜 Hopefull. :)

Hope you find that last box Hopefull,

Maybe you can find two, you never know. I really hope it all works out for you, and yes, this journey is definitely scary. 

Wishing you all the best💚

• ChessieCat changed the title to Hopefull: suffering from PGAD
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2018 at 8:36 AM, Carmie said:

Hope you find that last box Hopefull,

Maybe you can find two, you never know. I really hope it all works out for you, and yes, this journey is definitely scary. 

Wishing you all the best💚

Thank you,  wishing you all.the best too. :)

DRUG HISTORY:

Hi Hopefull, how has your PGAD been? I'm 6 months off citolapram and I'm getting all the symptoms of PGAD without the actual arousal part although very infrequently I will feel it. I hope it's ok to ask but what are your symptoms exactly now or when you had PGAD if you don't now? :) I'm worried that PGAD gets worse, or does it get better?

Mine has been developing so slowly for the 6 months. First discomfort after peeing, then discharge, then hypersensitivy to touch and now I'm getting where it I press on there it'll feel aroused and throbbing. I'm also getting random short waves of mild arousal when anxious. It seems to be still developing and getting worse so I'm hoping you can give me some hope haha :) Hope you're doing well!

16.4.14 - 25.4.15 Took Paxil (??mg) - cold turkey. Had random pgad symptoms around this time but not sure when exactly.

?.5.14: Started Citalopram (10mg) / 17.5.14: Quickly upped to 20mg  / 9?.15: upped to 30mg. 

8.16: Tapered off Citalopram in less than 2 weeks / 9.16: straight back on 20mg for just a week then stopped cold turkey. 11.16 Very mild pgad, PN symptoms and other withdrawals started.

7.12.16: Took Amitriptyline 10mg for just 2 days then stopped cold turkey.

14.12.16: reinstated 5mg of Citalopram / 1?.16: 10mg Citalopram / ?.16: 20mg Citalopram. 3.17 (6 months since withdrawing) pgad hit.

8.2.18: 15mg Citalopram / 8.3.18: 10mg / 8.4.18: 5mg / 12?.5.18: 2.5mg / 19.5.18: 0mg. pgad worsened almost instantly from first tapper, all sorts of PN symptoms, earworm, tinnitus, other things, coming and going until late 9.18 (4 months since 0mg) where it all got SO MUCH worse for 1.11 years (with windows and waves).

1.9.20: 99% healed ❤️

31.5.21: Smoked weed 5 out of 9 days. Pgad and other old withdrawals came back, plus developed akathesia & fibromyalgia.

7.22: Steadily recovering again ❤

2.23: Acute withdrawals coming back, no apparent reason.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hopefull, 

Just checking in to see if you managed to get another box or two of your meds.

Sending hugs🤗

On 10/19/2018 at 12:04 PM, Carmie said:

Hi Hopefull, 

Just checking in to see if you managed to get another box or two of your meds.

Sending hugs🤗

Hi Carmie,

How are you? 

I managed to get one more box of SolTab, yesterday.

I have rang so many pharmacies and everyone is out of stock, apart from that one pharmacy that had the last box. I will have a supply until end of December.  I am still holding on to 0.125mg and I will make a cut in early November. 

We are going away for 3 days and I am still not ready to make that cut.

I am getting conflicting information in regards to weather the Avanza is being discontinued or not. 

Either way,  it is extremely hard to find. 

I am going to ring around again and try to find another box somewhere.  

The end of taper is in sight. It has been 4 years since I have started tappering and I can't believe how fast the time has flown. 

Take care,  Hopefull. :)

DRUG HISTORY:

• Moderator Emeritus
11 hours ago, Hopefull said:

Hi Carmie,

How are you? 

I managed to get one more box of SolTab, yesterday.

I have rang so many pharmacies and everyone is out of stock, apart from that one pharmacy that had the last box. I will have a supply until end of December.  I am still holding on to 0.125mg and I will make a cut in early November. 

We are going away for 3 days and I am still not ready to make that cut.

I am getting conflicting information in regards to weather the Avanza is being discontinued or not. 

Either way,  it is extremely hard to find. 

I am going to ring around again and try to find another box somewhere.  

The end of taper is in sight. It has been 4 years since I have started tappering and I can't believe how fast the time has flown. 

Take care,  Hopefull. :)

Hi Hopefull, 

Im so glad you managed to get another box, that must be a load off your mind. Don’t give up though, you may still find another box somewhere, you never know. 

I hope you enjoy your time away. Yes, it’s definitely a good idea not to taper when you have something coming up. I do the same thing when I have a holiday coming up.

Im so happy that the end of your tapering is in sight. Woohoo!!

Sending hugs🤗💚

On 10/25/2018 at 10:12 AM, Carmie said:

Hi Hopefull, 

Im so glad you managed to get another box, that must be a load off your mind. Don’t give up though, you may still find another box somewhere, you never know. 

I hope you enjoy your time away. Yes, it’s definitely a good idea not to taper when you have something coming up. I do the same thing when I have a holiday coming up.

Im so happy that the end of your tapering is in sight. Woohoo!!

Sending hugs🤗💚

Thank you so much Carmie for your on going support. 

I feel better knowing that I have another box. Hopefully I will manage to find another one. 

I am looking forward to a mini holiday. 

Hopefully the weather will be nice.

You know how Melbourne weather can get. Lol! :)

Sending you hugs too.  😙

DRUG HISTORY:

• 4 weeks later...

Tonight, I accidentally dissolved a 15mg tablet into 40mls of water instead of 60mls! I withdrew 0.5mls with the syringe. How many mgs have I taken?

I am so angry with my self, that I made this stupid mistake. 

I have been taking 0.125mg for the last 4 1/2 months and I have been thinking of cutting back.

Couple of days ago I managed to find another box of Rameron SolTab, ( exactly the same as Avanza, made by the same company ).

Avanza and Rameron SolTab is definitely discounted here in Australia,  in case anyone is interested.  I rang the manufacturer. 

I hope that this does not set me back. 

I tried to induce vomiting,  but could not bring it up. 

I drank a lot of water straight away,   hoping it will dilute the dose.

Can I still cut down tomorrow as planned,  or should I wait and see what happens? 

Either way,  I have a supply of Rameron until December and possibly until January.  There is another pharmacy that has another box left,  I am planning on going that too.

I hope, it works out. 

DRUG HISTORY:

1.3mgai would be the dose in 0.5mL at that concentration.

It looks like your signature is way out of date, would you please update it when you get a chance.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Hi Hopeful. I've done this too. The things we go through during withdrawal. I've done the "fingers down the throat" a few times. One time was successful lol. I would wait a day or two to see how it settles.

You're close. You'll know when to jump.

I'm at .08 trazodone. I'm waiting until the new year with one or two cuts.

Good luck.

Marie

10/13--10/14 Ambien. Started tapering 1/14  Jumped 10/14.  Done.                                                                              

3/14        7.5 Remeron  still taking this.                              

2/14         75 Trazodone   -    Tapered by dry cutting all the way down.

1/16        4 mg Trazodone  -  Jumped. Bad mistake. Got hit with late withdrawal 6 weeks later. Reinstated.

4/16        Reinstated 1 mg, updose to 2 mg Trazodone

2/19        .04 Trazodone. Walked off.  Done.

10/3/19  Started 7.5 Mirtazapine taper cut to .073 gram weight, pill weighs .076

4/5/20    New Mirtazapine Taper - Compound Liquid 7.35 mg April '20, 7.25 mg May, 7.05 mg June, 6.99 mg June, 6.78 mg July, 6.57 mg Aug, Sept 6.35 mg, Sept 6.24 mg, Sept 6.21 mg, Oct 5.99 mg, Oct 5.90 mg, Oct 5.70 mg.

1/11/21 6.05 mg Messed up taper due to syringe change. Must remember the 1 ml syringe contains 1.5mg! 1/16/21 5.99 mg

2/21 5.75 mg, 3/21 5.6 mg, 4/7 5.45, 4/14 5.30, 5/12 5.15, 5/25/21 4.99 mg, 6/29 4.87 mg, 7/14/21 4.74 mg, 8/5 4.62 mg 8/17 4.5 mg, 8/30 4.38 mg,9/16 4.26 mg,10/9 4.14 mg, 10/23 4.05 mg, 11/6 3.96 mg,11/17 3.87mg.***Jan 22 Liquid was changed/couldn't tolerate***Changed back to pills. Feb 22/3.9 mg, 2/17/22 3.8 mg, 3/23 3.7 mg, 4/7 3.6 mg, 5/10 3.5mg,6/10/22 3.4 mg, 7/4 3.3 mg, 7/25 3.2 mg, 8/20/22 3.1 mg, 9/15 3 mg, 10/8/22 2.9 mg., 12/15 2.8 mg, 1/6/23 2.7 mg, 2/16/23 2.6 mg, 3/9 2.5 mg, 4/4 2.4 mg, 4/29/23 2.3 mg, 5/26 2.2 mg, 6/22/23 2.1 mg, 10/14 2 mg, 11/12 1.9 mg, 11/28 1.8 mg , 12/14/23 1.7, 12/31/23 1.6 mg, 1/20 1.5 mg, 2/6/24 1.4 mg, 2/12 updose 1.5 mg, 3/27/24 1.4 mg. Taking multi-vitamin, vit. D, cholestoff, psyllium husk, and fish oil.

5 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

1.3mgai would be the dose in 0.5mL at that concentration.

It looks like your signature is way out of date, would you please update it when you get a chance.

Sorry about my signature. 

I will update it tonight. I can't update it from my phone. I rarely use the laptop.

I will probably cut the dose in 2 days time. I will wait and see. 

Nothing bad happened as of yet. 

I feel fine this morning.

Hopefully it will stay that way. 

I did drink a lot of water straight away. 

Thank you, Brassmonkey.  

DRUG HISTORY:

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally made a final cut 2 days ago,  after 4 1/2 months holding.

I have dropped to 0.0625mg.

I dissolve 15mg tablet into 120mls of water and withdrawal 0.5mls with the syrange.

By March I should be free of Mitrazapine.

Fingers crossed everything goes well. 

DRUG HISTORY:

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 12:34 AM, tjdeepthinker said:

Hi Hopeful! 

Looks like you have had a couple of scares under your belt since I last dropped in. Well done for getting through that. I had a scare that the pharmacy discontinued one of my drug concoction early in my withdrawal history. I went into full on panic and luckily they were just changing the dosage. Not totally getting rid of the drug. I had to get used to a new bigger size. Really annoying to cut down on, but I started collecting that one as a result. I have a year's worth stocked. A bit overboard maybe but it scared me so much. And I've missed nights sometimes or accidentally taken the drugs in the morning (luckily I was able to spit them out as I noticed before I swallowed, just!). The works! There are some things that never really get easier but you grow resigned to them. I'll probably be life long withdrawer. With all the horrors that go along with it as you well know. But I consider myself a success story.

How are you doing? The I'm off to my feed to write an update there. Just wanted to write this first! 

TJ❤️

Hi TJ,

Nice to hear from you.  I am glad that you are doing well. 

I am doing well for the most part. 

I'm down to my last leg of tappering.

I should be off by February.  I thought that I have a supply until March, but I miscalculated the amount. 

Avanza SolTab/,Rameron SolTab is discontinued.  I managed to get Rameron SolTab, which is exactly the same thing as Avanza SolTab made by the same company, but I had to ring around. 

I got 30mg , which I am going to split in half, and I will get 2 month supply out of that. After February,  no more. 

I am looking forward to getting off this crap.

Take care,  Hopefull. :)

DRUG HISTORY:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hopefull, 

Nice to hear you’re down to your last leg of tapering. Woohoo!🎉🎉

Could you please put that in your signature. Thanks. 

Again, I’m very happy for you. You’ll have to write a success story to encourage everyone one day. 

sending hugs🤗

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi hopefull, 

How have you been doing?💚

• 1 month later...

After 4 years and 4 months,  I have finally jumped off 0.06mg of Mitrazapine!

My last dose was on Saturday night.

I didn't sleep that well last night,  because I felt really anxious about what might lie ahead.

In a weird way,  that poison became a security blanket,  that in reality did absolutely nothing for me,  appart from prolonging my Zoloft misery.

I really thought that I would feel joyous once my long tapper off Mitrazapine became a reality,  but instead I feel uneasy. 

My hope is that I would feel good for the most part in couple of months time with minimal WDS. 

I just have to get used to not having to think about taking Mitrazapine, and not having to hunt down the last box of SolTab Avanza, in God forsaken hours, (when I have realized in the last minute that I have run out of medication).

I am not yet a success story, and I still have a while to go, but I do want to thank Alto for creating this support site.

I would like to thank the moderators and all the members who helped guide me through the most harrowing experience of my life.

When I came across this site searching for answers,  I was in a such bad way.

I knew absolutely nothing about Antidepressants. I have learned so much along the way. 

I just hope and pray that God will look my way and I can continue on my path to welness and happiness. 

For the members that are going through the tough times at the moment,  please never give up. 

Keep pushing through and try to be patient.  We will all heal at the end,  unfortunately it does take time.

Thank you everyone for your continous support. 

Hopefull XO :)

DRUG HISTORY:

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hopefull, 

Thanks for the update. You’ve done well to get off your meds. Yes, it must be really scary when we jump off at the end. I’ve still got a really long way to go.

Stressing yourself over what might happen in the next few months will only ramp up your symptoms even more, I know it’s scary though, but you will eventually totally heal even if there are some bumps after getting off the meds. 

How are your symptoms at the moment? I know you didn’t sleep well the other night because of worry, but how are you sleeping generally? Are all your symptoms fairly minimal now?

Wishing you all the best with your continued healing💚

Congrats Hopeful, you did it!  You persevered through a lot.  It will only get better from here on out.  

All the best for a drug free life.

PAST

Gabapentin:  about 6 months in 2015, 300-900 mg, cold turkeyed Sept 2015 (at same time dc'd Klonopin)

Klonopin: June 2014- Sept 2015; 1mg tapered over 6 mths, dc'd at 0.25mg, withdrawal hellish (perhaps because of concurrent dc of gabapentin)

Mirtazepine: Jumped off at 2.4 mg. (stable in 8 months).

Seroquel:  June 14 - July 24, 2016, 25 mg alternate nights; smaller doses for shorter periods. Total use about 3 months 

Lamictal: March 19, 2018 - 1 mg; March 23 - 1.25 mg; April 6 - 2mg. Discontinued at 2 mgJuly 1, 2018 due to Steven Johnson Syndrome.

CURRENT

Supplements: Vit D, turmeric

Naturethroid: 65 mcg for hypothyroidism

Trazodone: Oct 2015 - June 2016; 75 mg tapered over 2 mths, intense w/d after 3 weeks. Reinstatement: 07/25/16 - 25 mg; updosed 08/03/16 - 50 mg;  10/01/16-  62mg; 03/24/17 dropped to 50 mg (stable in 2.5 months)

Current psych meds: Trazodone 50 mg

Great job, Hopeful!!!   You've been doing it right.   God bless you in this next chapter!

2010:  Escitalopram (Lexapro) 10 mg.   Mirtazapine (Remeron) 15 mg. 

2011:    Tapered Mirtazapine: 5 month successful taper.  Then tapered Lexapro:  4 month successful taper

May 2011 to August 2017:   No medications, full recovery

September 6, 2017:  started Mirtazapine (Remeron) 15 mg  - due to severe sudden insomnia (I believe caused by statin use)

November 16, 2017:   started Escitalopram (Lexapro) 10 mg

January 1, 2018 to October 30. 2020 -- 34 month taper off of Mirtazapine 15 mg to 0.00 mg

June 16, 2018:  Started slow taper of 10 mg Escitalopram (Lexapro)

Current (mgai):    0.23 mg  Escitalopram

Supplements:  Fish Oil, Curcumin, bio active B vitamins, zinc, magnesium glycinate, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, saffron, citrus bergamot, ashwagandha

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."  Matthew 6:34

You did it!  How wonderful for you. You put in the hard work and now complete healing begins.

I jumped from my med too. Good riddance!

Did you notice any of the mirt weight gain come off as you were tapering?

Marie

10/13--10/14 Ambien. Started tapering 1/14  Jumped 10/14.  Done.                                                                              

3/14        7.5 Remeron  still taking this.                              

2/14         75 Trazodone   -    Tapered by dry cutting all the way down.

1/16        4 mg Trazodone  -  Jumped. Bad mistake. Got hit with late withdrawal 6 weeks later. Reinstated.

4/16        Reinstated 1 mg, updose to 2 mg Trazodone

2/19        .04 Trazodone. Walked off.  Done.

10/3/19  Started 7.5 Mirtazapine taper cut to .073 gram weight, pill weighs .076

4/5/20    New Mirtazapine Taper - Compound Liquid 7.35 mg April '20, 7.25 mg May, 7.05 mg June, 6.99 mg June, 6.78 mg July, 6.57 mg Aug, Sept 6.35 mg, Sept 6.24 mg, Sept 6.21 mg, Oct 5.99 mg, Oct 5.90 mg, Oct 5.70 mg.

1/11/21 6.05 mg Messed up taper due to syringe change. Must remember the 1 ml syringe contains 1.5mg! 1/16/21 5.99 mg

2/21 5.75 mg, 3/21 5.6 mg, 4/7 5.45, 4/14 5.30, 5/12 5.15, 5/25/21 4.99 mg, 6/29 4.87 mg, 7/14/21 4.74 mg, 8/5 4.62 mg 8/17 4.5 mg, 8/30 4.38 mg,9/16 4.26 mg,10/9 4.14 mg, 10/23 4.05 mg, 11/6 3.96 mg,11/17 3.87mg.***Jan 22 Liquid was changed/couldn't tolerate***Changed back to pills. Feb 22/3.9 mg, 2/17/22 3.8 mg, 3/23 3.7 mg, 4/7 3.6 mg, 5/10 3.5mg,6/10/22 3.4 mg, 7/4 3.3 mg, 7/25 3.2 mg, 8/20/22 3.1 mg, 9/15 3 mg, 10/8/22 2.9 mg., 12/15 2.8 mg, 1/6/23 2.7 mg, 2/16/23 2.6 mg, 3/9 2.5 mg, 4/4 2.4 mg, 4/29/23 2.3 mg, 5/26 2.2 mg, 6/22/23 2.1 mg, 10/14 2 mg, 11/12 1.9 mg, 11/28 1.8 mg , 12/14/23 1.7, 12/31/23 1.6 mg, 1/20 1.5 mg, 2/6/24 1.4 mg, 2/12 updose 1.5 mg, 3/27/24 1.4 mg. Taking multi-vitamin, vit. D, cholestoff, psyllium husk, and fish oil.

12 hours ago, Carmie said:

Hi Hopefull, 

Thanks for the update. You’ve done well to get off your meds. Yes, it must be really scary when we jump off at the end. I’ve still got a really long way to go.

Stressing yourself over what might happen in the next few months will only ramp up your symptoms even more, I know it’s scary though, but you will eventually totally heal even if there are some bumps after getting off the meds. 

How are your symptoms at the moment? I know you didn’t sleep well the other night because of worry, but how are you sleeping generally? Are all your symptoms fairly minimal now?

Wishing you all the best with your continued healing💚

Hi Carmie,

Thank you for your support and kind words.

My symptoms are good, still have mild symptoms, here and there. My sleep has been good, appart for the last 2 days,  since I have jumped off Mitrzapine.I am not sleeping well at night. I am obviously feeling anxious from jumping off the meds, and after so many years focusing on not missing a dose,  it is like my brain is subconsciously sabotaging me.

I am fine during the day,  but at night I am finding it hard to settle down. 

It is an adjustment and I know it will get better. 

It is only natural that I might have reservations and worry about the symptoms reoccurring. 

I don't expect miracles,  but I know that things will get better. 

Take care,  Hopefull.  💜

DRUG HISTORY:

6 hours ago, Survivor1 said:

Congrats Hopeful, you did it!  You persevered through a lot.  It will only get better from here on out.  

All the best for a drug free life.

Thank you so much Survivor1! I wish you all the best too! :)

DRUG HISTORY: