SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ lobster: fight or flight

lobster

• Moderator Emeritus

These look interesting, something to check out  :) I'm seriously wondering If I should go back on a little lexapro . my last dosage was 0.10 MG I think very small . I'm not sure if that would help me or not . 

Remind me, Lobster.  When was your last Lexapro?

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

These look interesting, something to check out  :) I'm seriously wondering If I should go back on a little lexapro . my last dosage was 0.10 MG I think very small . I'm not sure if that would help me or not . 

Remind me, Lobster.  When was your last Lexapro?

October 8th was my last dose 

Lexapro 1 1/8 mg and 10 mg Propranolol. I jumped down to 2.5 mg lexapro from 5 mg on oct 2 where I had been for 7 months and went from 2.5 mg to 1 1/8 mg not sure when maybe around nov 2 went back up to 2.5 mg December 30 . May 13 small cut lexapro 2.5 mg down to 2.4 mg 9/4/14 dropped 8.33% to 2.2 mg 10/13/14 dropped to 2mg lexapro. Back up to 2.2 mg 10/15/14. Dropped to 2 mg lexapro 11/26/14. Dropped 10% to 1.8 mg lexapro 1/11/15. 2/23/15 . Cut of 5%.

3/11/15 cut of 5% 5/3/15 cut of 5% 6/3/15 cut of 5% 7/19/15 cut of 5%. Continued small cuts of 5% every six weeks or so untill October 8th 2016 ,last dose . Last dose was 0.8mg. Currently taking 10 mg propranolol in the afternoon. 1400mg fish oil. 250 mg magnesium, 250 mg L-Taurine, 500 mg Tumeric. 40 mg Zocore simvistatin.

• Moderator Emeritus

So, that puts you squarely into the "hard to say" camp.  We usually recommend a reinstatement for up to 3 months after someone has gotten off the drug.  After 6 months it would be rare to suggest it although I've certainly seen it work.  In the 3-6 month range where you are now it's something of a "crapshoot".  I've seen people greatly helped and others who reacted badly.  Nobody can tell you what to do in this case, unfortunately.  My gut tells me that you are showing meaningful signs of improvement without adding the Lex back so I'd be inclined to "stick to my knitting" if I were you, but that is just one man's opinion.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

So, that puts you squarely into the "hard to say" camp.  We usually recommend a reinstatement for up to 3 months after someone has gotten off the drug.  After 6 months it would be rare to suggest it although I've certainly seen it work.  In the 3-6 month range where you are now it's something of a "crapshoot".  I've seen people greatly helped and others who reacted badly.  Nobody can tell you what to do in this case, unfortunately.  My gut tells me that you are showing meaningful signs of improvement without adding the Lex back so I'd be inclined to "stick to my knitting" if I were you, but that is just one man's opinion.

Best,

Andy

Thanks Andy .  That gives me some courage that I will recover . I'm afraid of being like this for ever . I know that's not very positive and I'm sorry about that ,I need to work on those things . What would you say the Meaningful signs are ? I'm having a hard time seeing any right now . I have had some rough patches since December but this last couple weeks have been almost unbearable. I'm realy afraid of making my sleep worse If I go back on the lexapro and afraid Of it the way it is now . It's like six ways one way and half a dozen the other lol 

Lexapro 1 1/8 mg and 10 mg Propranolol. I jumped down to 2.5 mg lexapro from 5 mg on oct 2 where I had been for 7 months and went from 2.5 mg to 1 1/8 mg not sure when maybe around nov 2 went back up to 2.5 mg December 30 . May 13 small cut lexapro 2.5 mg down to 2.4 mg 9/4/14 dropped 8.33% to 2.2 mg 10/13/14 dropped to 2mg lexapro. Back up to 2.2 mg 10/15/14. Dropped to 2 mg lexapro 11/26/14. Dropped 10% to 1.8 mg lexapro 1/11/15. 2/23/15 . Cut of 5%.

3/11/15 cut of 5% 5/3/15 cut of 5% 6/3/15 cut of 5% 7/19/15 cut of 5%. Continued small cuts of 5% every six weeks or so untill October 8th 2016 ,last dose . Last dose was 0.8mg. Currently taking 10 mg propranolol in the afternoon. 1400mg fish oil. 250 mg magnesium, 250 mg L-Taurine, 500 mg Tumeric. 40 mg Zocore simvistatin.

• Moderator Emeritus

Lobster,

I will best refer you to the "Success Stories" to see how people have found recovery.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/28-success-stories-recovery-from-withdrawal/

For what it's worth, I am in the same boat you are in.  I've been in a protracted wave and have trouble seeing the way out of the forest.  I fall into the "those who can't do teach" category.  I'm telling you to do what I say -- not what I do.

I go back and read success stories when I am in this place and suggest you do the same.  People heal -- even if it doesn't feel like it when you are in the throes of it.

Best,

Andy

Lobster,

I will best refer you to the "Success Stories" to see how people have found recovery.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/28-success-stories-recovery-from-withdrawal/

For what it's worth, I am in the same boat you are in.  I've been in a protracted wave and have trouble seeing the way out of the forest.  I fall into the "those who can't do teach" category.  I'm telling you to do what I say -- not what I do.

I go back and read success stories when I am in this place and suggest you do the same.  People heal -- even if it doesn't feel like it when you are in the throes of it.

Best,

Andy

Thanks Andy . I read some of them  :) I noticed yesterday I was a little hungry and my mouth was finally salivating . Today my anxiety hasn't been good but I have managed . I wasn't very hungry but have eaten today and I once again noticed I could eat OK and my mouth wasn't dry and The thought of food didn't make me sick, so I think that might be a positive sign.  I'm really hoping This is just a very bad wave brought on by more then normal stress and it will pass soon . I'm coming up on 6 months off completely . We got out today and went for a walk on the beach and listened to the sea gulls and enjoyed nature for a little while .  

Good morning every one . Probably got 5 hours of sleep maybe a little more  :) I'm slowly learning I will sleep when I least expect it . I didn't think I was going to because of panic and jumpiness. It seems one minuet I can't sleep and give up on it and the next I'm awaken from a dream by the dog having to go out in the middle of the night . I did get back to sleep some after that. I guess this wave seems bad because things had been pretty decent for a long time and Being hit with this now, I wasn't ready for it and have been knocked off my feet. This to shall pass, It's just going to take time . I'm almost 6 month's off Lexapro one day at a time . Have a good day  :)

• Mentor

yessssssss!! so good to hear this!

Oh I agree, it does seem harder to have a wave after things have been going well. it seems so unfair.  It sets you back into thinking that things will never get better, when in fact, they just WERE better and we have just have to remember that they will be back to good soon.

I think our brains are fine tuning the healing as we go along. I had read that a lot of healing probably continues long after we're off the drug, so when we do have symptoms, I like to think that it's our brain tidying things up and making things work more efficiently, so that when the wave is over, we'll be in any even better place than we were before it.

have a great day!!

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

yessssssss!! so good to hear this!

Oh I agree, it does seem harder to have a wave after things have been going well. it seems so unfair.  It sets you back into thinking that things will never get better, when in fact, they just WERE better and we have just have to remember that they will be back to good soon.

I think our brains are fine tuning the healing as we go along. I had read that a lot of healing probably continues long after we're off the drug, so when we do have symptoms, I like to think that it's our brain tidying things up and making things work more efficiently, so that when the wave is over, we'll be in any even better place than we were before it.

have a great day!!

Thanks  :) you could be right I'm sure . I'm in a very weird place right at the moment . The biggest fear I have had for the last five years was about sleep . I am starting to see, I have had a very big misconception about sleep, it's all seeming very different and kind of scary right at the moment. It's almost like I'm in between just letting my body do what ever and not questioning it. Almost like how a cut heals, it just does and although we don't see all the workings that make it heal it does and we trust out body and don't think about it. I kind of see that last night when one minute I said nope no sleep tonight then waking from a dream , I don't know how long I had been asleep but that's not really the point . My body did what it does with out my brain's input. I have been 5 years fighting my self over something I have known how to do since my beginning. It's like I have put so much pressure on it That when I fall asleep easily with out knowing it, I'm like I haven't slept because there has to be more to it then that lol . Some times I do feel that parts of My brain are turned off and that could be because of the healing and then when It's done it will be put back online lol. You have a good day to :)  

Oh yes, omg you are right, I am also very very frustrated and I feel like life is so unfair when I am back in a wave after a nice long window :))) 

2005-2006: Cipralex 5 mg

2009-2010: Cipralex 5 mg

2012-2015: Cipralex 5mg, 10mg 

tapered 10mg-7.5mg-5mg-2,5-0 (I always waited for a few weeks on the current dosage until I felt stable. Steps were too big I realized too late)

Completely drug free since August 2015

Oh yes, omg you are right, I am also very very frustrated and I feel like life is so unfair when I am back in a wave after a nice long window :))) 

It's very disturbing for sure . I'm also dealing with feeling very numb . No real sensations , I'm not sure if this is normal or not . I cant really feel pleasure or pain, is't as if my body is like I said numb . I have no sense of any thing , appetite and I'm loosing quite a bit of weight I'm trying to eat so I wont loose to much some is a good thing though :)  at the moment I'm having a little bit of anxiety hot flashes but very small . I really  don't know how I feel lol. I need to get back into other things though because This is starting to consume me . 

• Mentor

what you are feeling is very normal.

I went thru about a week of feeling the same way, numb, no pleasure in anything, no appetite at all, almost like my body had shut down.

It was disturbing but I knew it would end, because this had happened to me earlier on and it didn't last. I still have short periods of not being in touch with my body, but recently I got my appetite back in  a big way!!
I am having to stop myself from overeating, it's odd because I was barely able to eat enough before. I would even eat foods not on my "diet" to help keep me from losing wt too fast.

don't worry, the weird way you are feeling now will NOT last. It will be over soon enough.

I hurt my knee the other day and was ALMOST wishing I could go back to that "not feeling anything" period LOL but not really. It's much better to be able to feel things, the good and the bad.

Try to get your mind on other things, ok?
did you get any of the books that were mentioned? If you can read some, that is  a great distraction and believe me, some of these books seem to be speaking DIRECTLY to ppl going thru WD!

they touch on so many things that apply to us, and talk about ways we can help ourselves to heal and to have a much better life.

Remember that your thoughts are powerful things. Use them to go to happy, good places. places where you feel healed and whole.
Remember those times in your life when you felt esp good.

drink in those feelings and make them stronger.

do it for relaxation too, and the more you do it, the more calm and confident you will feel.

it takes a bit of effort at first, but it gets easier and the results are amazing.

;-)

•  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106

what you are feeling is very normal.

I went thru about a week of feeling the same way, numb, no pleasure in anything, no appetite at all, almost like my body had shut down.

It was disturbing but I knew it would end, because this had happened to me earlier on and it didn't last. I still have short periods of not being in touch with my body, but recently I got my appetite back in  a big way!!

I am having to stop myself from overeating, it's odd because I was barely able to eat enough before. I would even eat foods not on my "diet" to help keep me from losing wt too fast.

don't worry, the weird way you are feeling now will NOT last. It will be over soon enough.

I hurt my knee the other day and was ALMOST wishing I could go back to that "not feeling anything" period LOL but not really. It's much better to be able to feel things, the good and the bad.

Try to get your mind on other things, ok?

did you get any of the books that were mentioned? If you can read some, that is  a great distraction and believe me, some of these books seem to be speaking DIRECTLY to ppl going thru WD!

they touch on so many things that apply to us, and talk about ways we can help ourselves to heal and to have a much better life.

Remember that your thoughts are powerful things. Use them to go to happy, good places. places where you feel healed and whole.

Remember those times in your life when you felt esp good.

drink in those feelings and make them stronger.

do it for relaxation too, and the more you do it, the more calm and confident you will feel.

it takes a bit of effort at first, but it gets easier and the results are amazing.

;-)

Thank you I will  :) I just wish these sleeping issues would go away , I long for the day I will just be tired and sleep instead of just laying there and then be out, with out any warning . I'm not really sure how much I have been sleeping . I don't keep track of the time I would rather not know . I was looking into the CBD oil , I thought that might help . I really don't know much about that stuff , There didn't seem to be many results on here about it . Some people tried it, but not a lot of Information on how and if it helped . I need something to calm my nervous system, maybe the only thing that will is time  :) If I could gain confidence in the sleep I think I would be ok . With out it I panic and become almost out of my mind lol.  

Hello , I'm wondering if any one else has a sensitivity to salt? I haven't been eating much food lately and I can taste it very strong in things now. It's almost over powering with some things ,and kind of burning my mouth some . Maybe just the fact I'm not eating much and my tastes are all out of wack ? Thanks  :)

Good morning, Not a good night . Slept from probably 8.30 pm to 11 pm then was awake laying in bed until probably a little after 2am fell asleep until just after 3am and that's it . In two weeks I have gone from being ok and sleeping probably 7 or 8 hours and not having a sleeping issue in over two years to being a complete mess, Physically and mentally, feeling very broken :(   

• Moderator Emeritus

In two weeks I have gone from being ok and sleeping probably 7 or 8 hours and not having a sleeping issue in over two years to being a complete mess, Physically and mentally, feeling very broken :(   

Lobster,

At the risk of sounding harsh, you need to try to stop making negative statements that overstate where things are.  By this I mean, using the term "complete mess" denies the fact that you have had some much better days in the past 2 weeks.  Yes if you look back to where you were when things seemed fine, you are at a lower point, but if you look back to 2 weeks ago when you were getting zero sleep and think about the improvement you've had over that 2 week period you will see there is a gradual upward trend within that period.  Unfortunately, this is the "one step forward, two steps back, two steps forward one step back" nature of recovery.  

It sucks.  I get it.  Trust me -- I REALLY get it.  But it is not a "complete mess".  If you tell yourself it is then your mind will reinforce it as such and it will serve to slow your recovery.  Try to resist the temptation to jump on here and post when things strike you as bad.  Try to process them a little first and put them in context.  While the sympathy you get here may be comforting, it can also reaffirm a level of negativity that exceeds your true current state.

I hope that makes sense.  Not intending to be unsympathetic.  Just trying to help you manage your thought patterns.

Best,

Andy

In two weeks I have gone from being ok and sleeping probably 7 or 8 hours and not having a sleeping issue in over two years to being a complete mess, Physically and mentally, feeling very broken :(   

Lobster,

At the risk of sounding harsh, you need to try to stop making negative statements that overstate where things are.  By this I mean, using the term "complete mess" denies the fact that you have had some much better days in the past 2 weeks.  Yes if you look back to where you were when things seemed fine, you are at a lower point, but if you look back to 2 weeks ago when you were getting zero sleep and think about the improvement you've had over that 2 week period you will see there is a gradual upward trend within that period.  Unfortunately, this is the "one step forward, two steps back, two steps forward one step back" nature of recovery.  

It sucks.  I get it.  Trust me -- I REALLY get it.  But it is not a "complete mess".  If you tell yourself it is then your mind will reinforce it as such and it will serve to slow your recovery.  Try to resist the temptation to jump on here and post when things strike you as bad.  Try to process them a little first and put them in context.  While the sympathy you get here may be comforting, it can also reaffirm a level of negativity that exceeds your true current state.

I hope that makes sense.  Not intending to be unsympathetic.  Just trying to help you manage your thought patterns.

Best,

Andy

Thanks Andy . Some times I do fell like I need to be slapped up side the head and say snap out of it. I understand what your saying . 

Have had a very good day  :) Don't know why,not much anxiety at all, things seem very good at the moment and I'll take it for now . 

• Moderator Emeritus

Have had a very good day  :) Don't know why,not much anxiety at all, things seem very good at the moment and I'll take it for now . 

I'm SO NOT an "I told you so" kind of person, but this is the very reason it makes sense to let things unfold a little before claiming you are a "complete mess."  

I'm glad to hear you are doing well, Lobster!

Keep your post bookmarked so that you can find it the next time you think it's been all bad.

Best,

Andy

I'm SO NOT an "I told you so" kind of person, but this is the very reason it makes sense to let things unfold a little before claiming you are a "complete mess."  

I'm glad to hear you are doing well, Lobster!

Keep your post bookmarked so that you can find it the next time you think it's been all bad.

Best,

Andy

Thanks Andy  :) my arms and things are a little sore as I haven't done much the last couple weeks. I got out aboard the boat today , Spent time with my wife and father in law, Enjoyed the day . I hated to come home lol. I think I will watch a good movie  or tv this afternoon .  I did appreciate your post to me this morning , Thank you. 

Good Morning . Had a very good day yesterday and a good night last night . A few funky dreams but over all a good night :) I could have slept longer but got up my usual time any ways . I'm noticing for what ever reasons , When I have a couple bad nights and not much sleep the days get better . I have almost 0 anxiety and just feel good and then have a good or decent nights sleep, no idea why but I'll take it . It's starting to build my confidence. I'm wondering If I should push my self to do things right now that give me some anxiety , like sleeping other places ? or let things settle down for a while.  I feel like If I miss a night's sleep right now, It's not to big of a deal. Just wondering on others thoughts . Time to get the day started , Have a good day every one .

• Mentor

glad to hear things are getting better. do you see how your thinking about it, can affect how you feel? the more you see the connection, the easier it will become to stop and alter the way you think....til it becomes a good new habit.

I'm still working on it myself but I find it getting easier.

I don't know about pushing yourself at this point.
I have been feeling really good myself and went off my diet quite a bit, and then had a hard time sleeping last night.... not *sure* if that's why, but just in case, I'm ditching the treats (chips and candy, oh my, stuff I rarely eat!!) and getting back on the veggies and fruits etc

maybe you could do a small challenge test and see how that goes?  I think the recommendation is to keep things slow steady and stable, so you don't want to rock the boat TOO much, right?

I am so happy for you btw. I was sure things would turn around and was anxious for you to see that and believe it. I think a reinstatement this far out, ESP since you've done so well in the past, would have set you back.

:)

are you getting any of this icky snow storm today? we're expecting around a half a foot, ICK! so sick of snow!!

Thanks H2H :) I think your right about pushing my self to hard , I'll take things slow and easy for a while. I think your right about the jumping around . I don't think that would have helped me to much . I see at this moment, If I had taken any thing, this place I'm in right now, I would have been telling my self, it was from reinstatement . That's not the case at this point . I have to work on dealing with my feelings and stop running of to worse case scenario. I did eat better yesterday , Ham , potatoes and carrots things like that . I'm not sure if it helped but I kind of feel it did ,if not it was good any ways lol. I think we will miss the snow , Being on the coast I think all rain , thankfully . I'm sorry you had a rough night :unsure: Tonight will be better :)   

Edited by ChessieCat
changed member name

Good morning . I'm going to try and give and assessment to my situation since October 8th, when I had my last dose of lexapro .  I had been some what stable for quite some time prior , not great but managed. I had some anxiety issues between October and December but not to bad .

The first half of December I had a sleepless night , that was the first one in a couple years . I had a lot of anxiety the next night about sleeping but I slept well . At this point I could tell I was having more anxiety about things in general but still managing with out to much trouble . It's at this point I also was noticing my memory was getting worse . I had continued the sleepless night thing about every couple weeks , all the time my memory seemed to be deteriorating and my anxiety growing .

This went on until recently when some stress left me in a pretty bad place . I was having very little sleep, constant waking  and days with out any , No appetite at all ,Terrible anxiety , suicidal thoughts , that I would never do.

As of right now , this is my situation . I'm having less anxiety not great but better then it was . My memory and concentration seem to be pretty much mush lol. I do seem to have a sense of humor right now . I'm getting out and doing things even though I cant seem to remember much , Very fogy and out of it . My sleep still isn't the best. For example last night , I lay in bed and kind of drift ,I think ,just to be woken up soon after with dread and anxiety, not knowing what's real or going on . This seems to go on for a few hours , until I seem to drift off to sleep and and sleep for what I think is 5 hours but I cant be sure . I really don't  have the feeling of having slept but I know I must have, as the time is going by . This feeling of not sleeping But knowing I have is bothering me, I don't know what to really feel about it .  

Regardless, I do feel like I'm getting more sleep then I was a week ago,  that's good. I have not taken any thing for sleep since the 23rd of March . My days all seem to be running together . It seems the conclusion I have, is My sleep how ever weird and up setting, Seems to be improving . My Memory and concentration is worse , Maybe due to all the anxiety and stress as of late? My anxiety seems to be giving me longer windows , through out the day then just a week ago .  My appetite does seem to be a little better . My stomach growls now and I kind of want food so that is a positive thing . I really think my memory and concentration may be due to what I have been going threw , My brain is kind of shutting things down some, from over load. I do see some improvements :)     

I'm sorry if my righting isn't the greatest , It has never been my strong suit lol Thanks for listening . 

• Mentor

great update Lobster!!

try not to overthink the things that are still not quite the way you want them to be, if you can, ok??

the more you concentrate on those things that are going well, the more things WILL go well. You don't need to deny or ignore the things that you wish would be better, just don't spend time thinking about them, because it won't help, (it really won't!!)

you're going to be ok, and all of this will soon be a bad nightmare completely in the PAST.

your brain has done so much healing already, it's certainly not going to stop healing now that you've come so far, right?!? :)

I'm so happy for you. I know the rough spots are a PITA but they'll be over soon enough.

and really, even for ppl not going thru WD, there's rough patches, so, we just learn to accept them and go forward

;-)

great update Lobster!!

try not to overthink the things that are still not quite the way you want them to be, if you can, ok??

the more you concentrate on those things that are going well, the more things WILL go well. You don't need to deny or ignore the things that you wish would be better, just don't spend time thinking about them, because it won't help, (it really won't!!)

you're going to be ok, and all of this will soon be a bad nightmare completely in the PAST.

your brain has done so much healing already, it's certainly not going to stop healing now that you've come so far, right?!? :)

I'm so happy for you. I know the rough spots are a PITA but they'll be over soon enough.

and really, even for ppl not going thru WD, there's rough patches, so, we just learn to accept them and go forward

;-)

Thank you  :) I am working on it . I do feel like I'm making progress . I did an exercise yesterday, Full body scan . observe your body and feel the sensations but do nothing , move on to another part and observe that, all the time not focusing to intently on one thing but just observe. when you get to another part of the body the previous  sensations you had are forgotten, I'm trying to implement this into my daily life . All in all, I'm feeling a little more calm and hopeful .

Good morning  :) I'm wondering if The statin I'm taking Zocore 40mg might be contributing to The brain fog and memory issues I've had over the years? I started taking them just before my run with antidepressants 5 years ago . I see some people have issues with that . I was kind of wondering if with drawl might make the problem a little worse . Just curious if any one here might have something to say , thanks :)   

• Moderator Emeritus

Statins frequently have the bonus effect of causing cognitive issues. A few years ago the FDA required that the patient information pamphlets carry a warning about the increased risk of memory loss and confusion.

One of the suspected reasons for this is that the way that statins block cholesterol production also blocks the body's production of Coenzyme Q10. You may want to read up on the CoQ10 and statins to decide for yourself.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Thank you Scallywag. I'm not sure if that is the problem or not but my memory is deteriorating. I went in the store today and I know the check out person and have for years . I called her name , I got it right but had to think after if that was really her name . I'm trying not to pay to close attention to the problem but it's bothering me . I'm only 36 and feel to young to have these kind of issues . It could be due to the fact I'm having very bad dissasociation right now to because of this wave . This problem seems to be and has been getting worse since December. I'm sure after a while I'll come out of it. I'm not sure I could get off the statin if I wanted to because of my cholesterol, heart disease is in my family . I was put on it at age 30,a few months before the antidepressants. Thanks for taKing the time to answer me ,I appreciate it..

Good morning  :) The last couple of days My sleep has been improving . I'm still waking up three times a night at the exact same time, but I'm able to go back to sleep  :)  I'm thinking of trying to add a few things, coQ10, I  see that That might help with a few things and that it might be a good idea where I take Statin? I'm also thinking of adding Vitamin B12 . I take daily, Magnesium 250mg, L-Taurine 250mg, Turmeric 500mg Fish Oil 1400mg .  Thanks for listening , Have a good day . 

• Mentor

Good morning  :) The last couple of days My sleep has been improving . I'm still waking up three times a night at the exact same time, but I'm able to go back to sleep  :)

I can't help with the supplement question but I'm just curious what times you wake up? I am trying not to watch the clock, as I'm afraid it will just make me anxious about not getting enough sleep, but 4 am is definitely one time I usually wake up and only a few times have I been able to get back to sleep after that.

The other times I wake up are earlier, the first time is usually 1/2 to 1 1/2 hrs after falling asleep, the next time is, I think, around 2 am, based on nights I've had the TV on and figured out the time by the shows that were on LOL

I am glad you're having better nights, it makes the days so much better, eh? :)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Mentor

Good morning  :) The last couple of days My sleep has been improving . I'm still waking up three times a night at the exact same time, but I'm able to go back to sleep  :)

I can't help with the supplement question but I'm just curious what times you wake up? I am trying not to watch the clock, as I'm afraid it will just make me anxious about not getting enough sleep, but 4 am is definitely one time I usually wake up and only a few times have I been able to get back to sleep after that.

The other times I wake up are earlier, the first time is usually 1/2 to 1 1/2 hrs after falling asleep, the next time is, I think, around 2 am, based on nights I've had the TV on and figured out the time by the shows that were on LOL

I am glad you're having better nights, it makes the days so much better, eh? :)

I Usually go to sleep early as I get up very early for my fishing job . I'm in bed by 8pm, I know I act like an old person lol . Right now I'm waking up  at  11pm, 2am and then around 4am the last couple nights I haven't had an issue getting back to sleep  . Before this last episode I would go to sleep at 8 and if I were going to wake up it would always be 2am and 4am . It's like clock work and it's usually with in the minute. I have never needed an alarm clock , I could tell my self a time to wake up and I would, with in minutes of my set time in my head lol . My sleep is imporoving because last week I was waking every hour on the hour . The last two nights I have laid down with the wife to watch tv and fallen asleep for half an hour watching tv around 7.30 .    But the last couple days I have also been out side in the sun shine doing things to , I think that has helped me . Yesterday wasn't a great day for anxiety but today seems pretty good so far  :)

It's great that you are still working and getting some sunshine as well as sleep.  Ultimately in the long run it would pay to eventually get off the Statin drugs as they are somewhat debilitating in the long term. The same effect can be attained through diet and exercise even though the doctors won't tell you that. 

It's just something to think about down the track but right now it's more important to maintain stability. Would you mind updating your signature to reflect your current status.  Thanks in advance.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014