lobster

☼ lobster: fight or flight

lobster
29 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Very happy this worked!

Yes, your nervous system needs to hear the music for reassurance. The music keeps it a little bit awake, preventing you from sliding into the deepest sleep, but it will get used to your sleeping and over time, allow you to sleep more deeply. Eventually, it won't need the music to be reassured you're still alive, it will reset to a less sensitive level.

Thank you very much for your help! I'm really hoping this is the beginning of better things to come 🙂 I'll let you know tomorrow how I make out tonight , I will say I have more faith tonight then I did yesterday afternoon and that is a good thing , thanks again for everything  🙂

lobster

Good morning Alto , another successful night with the soft music and no issues . I didn't sleep quite as long , but that's not unusual for me 🙂 I'll sleep longer tonight . I'm wondering if I should do something different with my cholesterol med ,since I changed it to morning,  as I understand most cholesterol is made at night . The half life of zocore is fairly short , there are types that are better as I understand and don't disturb sleep.  Or maybe it won't make much difference being switched to morning.  Thank you for everything  🙂

Altostrata

Really pleased the music is helping, lobster.

They say statins are more effective taken at night, but it's okay to take them in the morning. You might look this up for your drug.

You might switch to another statin or review your reasons for taking one at all.

lobster
1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

They say statins are more effective taken at night, but it's okay to take them in the morning. You might look this up for your drug.

You might switch to another statin or review your reasons for taking one at all.

Good morning Alto 🙂 the music is still working. I still can't fall asleep yet with out jumping, in other places ,  but I think it's night #4 sleeping in my own bed ,with the music and having no problems. My confidence is growing. The only issue I'm having is , I'm playing it on my phone and if it happens to stop while I'm sleeping I wake up. After it starts again I go back to sleep though.  I have a Dr appointment on Tuesday,  I'll bring up the statin issue to see what can be done.  I'm 38 and have been on Zocor statin since I was 30. Reason being,  my cholesterol was high and wouldn't come down . Family history of heart disease on both sides , my grandfather was 42 when he had his 1st heart attack,  so this was more preventative.  I have been off lexapro for 28 months and in that time I've lost over 70 lbs, when I was taking lexapro it was impossible to loose any weight . I'm back down to what I weighed before my dad passed away and before I had all my problems 🙂 thanks again Alto..

ChessieCat
On 2/9/2019 at 5:01 AM, lobster said:

Hello Giak  🙂 I've been looking into the stellate ganglion block for hyperarousal and anxiety issues.  I've suffered for many years and thought this might be a help . Alto told me you had the procedure done at one point,  I didn't know if you would mind giving me your opinion on the matter?   Sorry this is off topic , but I wasn't sure how to contact you , I'm not very good with forum things lol. Thanks for your time . 

2 hours ago, GiaK said:

It backfired like anything can when we're hypersensitive 

Stellate ganglion block https://beyondmeds.com/2012/02/09/2yranniversary/stellate-ganglion-block/ via @wordpressdotcom

I've moved these posts to the relevant topic.

lobster
On 2/9/2019 at 2:08 AM, Altostrata said:

Good Morning Alto . I'm still listening to the soft music at night , the only issue I'm having is waking up when the music stops periodically through the night . I'm not sure if it's my phone or what . I've also noticed I'm not dreaming any more ,or not remembering any and that is different.  I'm wondering if it has to do with switching the time of my statin to morning. I think I'll change what I'm listening to alittle, because it seems to be making me alittle irritable in the morning,  maybe it's not the music ,but for some reason I feel it might be . Have a good day 🙂

Altostrata

Yes, you need that endless loop music.

lobster
27 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Yes, you need that endless loop music.

Thanks Alto , this has been a rough day . I had to put my cat down early this morning, I've had him since he was a kitten, he was 17 😢  Do you have any suggestion on what I could try to listen to ? I don't have much experience with soft music.  I had good luck with the Marconi, weightless. It's a 10 hour loop on YouTube, but for some reason it stops a couple times in the night . When I have woken up it's stopped,  I start it again and fall back asleep.  I'm not sure if I'm waking up because it stops ,or if I'm just waking up and it has stopped.  I know the feeling of the music is sticking with me and making me feel different during the day. I'm not sure what to make of that , other then my subconscious must be picking up on it lol. I think I put it on last night and was asleep in a very short time.  Thanks Alto .

Altostrata

Very sorry about your losing your cat friend.

I don't know much about endless loop music, how about asking in Music for self-care: Calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

At least you're getting back to sleep! It could be worse. (Can you download the music to your phone instead? Sounds like the streaming is interrupted via wifi or whatever.)

lobster
21 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Very sorry about your losing your cat friend.

I don't know much about endless loop music, how about asking in Music for self-care: Calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

At least you're getting back to sleep! It could be worse. (Can you download the music to your phone instead? Sounds like the streaming is interrupted via wifi or whatever.)

Thank you Alto , I'll see what I can do . My son is better at this stuff then I'm.  I'm not sure what to listen to for music ,but I'll look through things and see what I can find ..

lobster

Things went good last night Alto , I didn't have any music playing, for some reason it was irritating me . I got to sleep after a little while ,no problems woke up once and then back to sleep.  I had a dr appointment today , every thing came back good ,except mildly elevated liver and kidney levels.  They want me to stop my statin for a month . I was wondering if the cbd oil ,mixed with the statin put it up. I'm alittle nervous of wd from the statin,  I guess I'm nervous of that stuff after all the wd from lexapro 🙂

lobster

Good morning everyone. Does anyone else find they have nightmares or crazy dreams while taking L-theanine? I just started taking it yesterday and last night I had terrible dreams,  I'm wondering if there is a connection,  thanks.  

lobster

Thanks ChessieCat, I read through it . No mention of nightmares or bad dreams.  I took it this morning,  maybe that will make the difference.