HennyPenny68: Intro

hennypenny68

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi hennypenny,

Good, good.......and I'm glad that you accessed drugs.com and interaction checker.  Even better if you want to make a copy of your current medications/interactions and post it here in your journal/introduction.    If it's too difficult and you are game.......I can try and do that for you as I have been trying to master that skill myself.  B)

Nice update on the signature too.  On that 12 line thing.  I'm wondering if it's something with our latest software.  I do see that mine is about 14 lines.....and a big space too.  Could be that it changed last June/July of 2017 with the software change.  So that might explain the longer signatures........??  So......no, you probably can't expand it too much more......other than horizontally.  I think it looks good, your signature........it gives us easy access at a glance, and has the most pertinent stuff there as well.   Ooops, you did your signature in 2014?  So.....I don't know what is up with that then.   I'll let you know if you can get a few more lines somehow.

Thanks for answering my questions so well too.  So possibly more fear/anxious mental stuff than cognitive fog?  Just judging on your ability to answer questions and focus and all.

So......are you thinking of coming off the Paxil/paroxetine?  I think you are in the right place, if so.  Most often we will have you taper the benzo drug last, in the case of multiple medications/drugs.  I did see you chose to do it differently.  And finished your benzo taper on January 13th of this year.  So you are 5 weeks out now.  Here's what my esteemed colleague/comod  brassmonkey had to say on January 24th:

On 1/24/2018 at 1:16 PM, brassmonkey said:

We usually recommend that a person wait several months after stopping a drug, before they start a new taper.  Their body needs the additional time to stabilize and adjust before starting to make more changes.  Are your symptoms tolerable?  I suspect that you will see an improvement in them over the next several weeks as your body adjusts and it really would be best if you could wait before starting to taper the paxil.

However, it's never to soon to start getting prepared, especially with some of the non drug coping techniques, so you will be able to deal more effectively with W/D symptoms.

Yes, great.  I'll be watching for an update after your procedure and we can go from there.

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth,

manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing