LuvJosh07...Viibryd wd

luvjosh07

So I was lucky enough to try the very new Viibryd. I metabolized it best according to a genetic test done by the psych office. I titrTed up according to the sample pack they give you. Was on 40 mg for one day because of the severe increase in anxiety. Went down to 10 rather quickly. And then the dr told me if its not helping to just stop the 10 mg. Because it was only 10 mg. I didnt know what was happening to me. Id always stopped prozac no big deal. I was so anxious, agitated, hopeless, etc. I was given ativan to help. I also deal with depersonalization which has only got worse since dropping the Viibryd.

Thanks for reading

Forgot to add. Psychiatrist told me to take 5mg of ths Viibryd for a week, then 2.5 mg every other day. Thats all I have but definitely seems too fast. Told me if I was still having trouble we coukd add Prozac.

Panic Disorder

Lithium 300 mg - 150 mg

Temazepan 30 mg - 0

Xanax XR 2 mg - Ativan 1 mg 3x day to help with withdrawl from...

Viibryd Titrated up to 40 for one day, went down to 10 mg then cold turkey to 0.

Hello and welcome

I am not familiar with Vibryd but you can do a search on this site which is helpful.

Id always stopped prozac no big deal. I was so anxious, agitated, hopeless, etc. I was given ativan to help. I also deal with depersonalization which has only got worse since dropping the Viibryd.

Some people are lucky to be able to stop meds and feel okay.  What I get out of it is after taking one of two meds it then becomes difficult to stop without WD symptoms.  Out systems become so highly sensitized that we have WD and your description  are WD symptoms.  Sadly doctors are still unaware of how they can hurt patients by suggesting Cold Turkey.  I just took a med that added to anxiety, now i have to get off of it, but I have to do it slowly.

There will be alot of other along shortly:)

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Administrator

Welcome, Luvjosh.

Please do not alternate doses to go off Viibryd. This makes discontinuation symptoms worse. See our tips for tapering Viibryd http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4318-tips-for-tapering-off-viibryd-vilazodone/

I suspected those "personalized medicine" tests might be nonsense.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Im already on the 2.5 mg starting two days ago. Yesterday I was very irritated, depressed and weepy. Suggestions? Go back to 5 mg and taper from there?

Panic Disorder

Lithium 300 mg - 150 mg

Temazepan 30 mg - 0

Viibryd Titrated up to 40 for one day, went down to 10 mg then cold turkey to 0.

• Administrator

You're taking 2.5mg every day? Give it some time; it takes at least 4 days to reach steady-state. If it's working, your symptoms will gradually go away.

Please keep us posted about how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Yes I'm taking 2.5 mg everyday.

Panic Disorder

Lithium 300 mg - 150 mg

Temazepan 30 mg - 0

I feel hopeless. The internet is great for information but right now it iskilling me. Withdrawl can take weeks, months? Antidepressents can cause permanent damage. Tardive dysphoria. I dontknow how to help myself. I have so many selfhelpbooks for anxiety and a few fordepersonalization. But I don't know how to help myself anymore. I don't feel like myself. My threeyear old calls me mom and it just feels weird. Like is he really talking to me. I'm terrified but the 3 mg of ativan a day at least keeps me from having panic attacks for the most part. This site is great and all butdepressing as hell I feel hopeless. Like I will never get the normal me back.

Panic Disorder

Lithium 300 mg - 150 mg

Temazepan 30 mg - 0

• Administrator

What's happening to many people with psychiatric drugs isn't a pretty picture. Doctors do not know enough about these drugs to prescribe them safely, and they definitely do not know how to help people go off the drugs.

It's possible you will feel better once your reinstatement kicks in.

Day 7 of 2.5 mg.....I was doingbetter these past couple days but today I'm extremely anxious, depersonalized, agitated, confused as to why I'm feeling so bad now. Again, just hopeless like when I started out at 5 mg. TMI....but my period is due soon. Any input?

Panic Disorder

Lithium 300 mg - 150 mg

Temazepan 30 mg - 0

• Moderator Emeritus

Day 7 of 2.5 mg.....I was doingbetter these past couple days but today I'm extremely anxious, depersonalized, agitated, confused as to why I'm feeling so bad now. Again, just hopeless like when I started out at 5 mg. TMI....but my period is due soon. Any input?

It's still early days,and hormones will be playing a part too. I would hang in there and see oif things improve when you have your period.

It is very scary and depressing what happens to us but you are not alone. I can assure you that it does get better. There will be good days

and bad but the good will outnumber the bad more and more.  I hope you feel better soon. Keep us posted. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thank you so much for your encouraging words.

Panic Disorder

Lithium 300 mg - 150 mg

Temazepan 30 mg - 0

Its too fast and I need advice. I took 10 mg fot a week then 20 for a week and then 40 for one day. Went back to 10 mgs I believe for a frw days. Quit cold turkey. A coupledays later I found out I was going through ssri withdrawl. Went on 5 mg for a week then 2.5 mgs and now I'm doing

2.5 mg every other day. This was the psychs plan. I'm in hell. Any advice? Should I start back at 5 or ten mg? Tia

Panic Disorder

Lithium 300 mg - 150 mg

Temazepan 30 mg - 0

• Administrator

Do not ever skip doses to taper.

Please continue to take 2.5mg every day until you feel better. Please keep in touch here and let us know how you're doing. You may need to take more, but you will need to take it EVERY DAY.

I thought the evry other day was a weird plan. Thank you I am definitely taking it everyday.

Panic Disorder

Lithium 300 mg - 150 mg

Temazepan 30 mg - 0

• 2 years later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi LuvJosh,

You are doing the best thing for your brain by taking your dose every day.  Don't forget that it should be at roughly the same time of day too. (Just realised after posting that Josh's last post date was January 2014)

SA recommends a 10% taper with a 4-6 week holding period to allow the brain to get used to not receiving as much of the drug.  Some people (I am one of them) have found that a 10% drop is too much and so they reduce the drop % to what is suitable for them.  (I have been dropping roughly 2/3 of 10% every 3 weeks but recently I have had to change to roughly 2/3 of 10% every 4 weeks because I started getting uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms.)  Some people do micro tapers.  It is up to the individual to find what works for them based on their knowledge and suggestions made here on SA.

BUT whatever % a person decides is best for them it is strongly recommended to Keep it Simple, Slow and Stable

Edited by Fresh
ccbd's post moved to Intro thread

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management