Zibius: Stopping antidepressant (cipralex) with the help of homeopathy

zibius

For the first time in 2 weeks my hyper sensitive skin got better. But I also got a good dose of stress from one particular event the same day.

So I think i'm paying the price 2 days later. And it's impressive how our emotions have more amplitude; more sad, more angry, more preoccupied than we should really be.

2016 Back to cipralex 10 mg

2018 March From 10 mg to 5 mg cipralex

2018 april 15, stopped 5 mg cipralex

2018 May 16 Hypersensitive skin as withdrawal

2018 May 19 to 23 took 5 mg cipralex but skin was more painful so stopped cipralex

2018 May 30, skin is feeling better

2018 June 28, very stressful event

2018 July 3, Skin is more painful

2018 July 8, started .5 mg cipralex 

2018 July 12 skin is even worst

Supplements Omega 3, Magnesium

• Moderator Emeritus

On 5/31/2018 at 10:44 PM, zibius said:

For the first time in 2 weeks my hyper sensitive skin got better. But I also got a good dose of stress from one particular event the same day.

So I think i'm paying the price 2 days later. And it's impressive how our emotions have more amplitude; more sad, more angry, more preoccupied than we should really be.

Hi Zibius, I am sorry I didn't get to reply to your questions. Life gets in the way sometimes.  Stress always made my symptoms much worse, and I have learned to avoid unnecessary stressful situations and people. 

What you are experiencing are neuro emotions, everything is amplified in withdrawal! 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/14397-neuro-emotions/

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2018 at 4:40 PM, mammaP said:

Hi Zibius, I am sorry I didn't get to reply to your questions. Life gets in the way sometimes.  Stress always made my symptoms much worse, and I have learned to avoid unnecessary stressful situations and people. 

What you are experiencing are neuro emotions, everything is amplified in withdrawal! 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/14397-neuro-emotions/

Well talk about a system made to fail. I'm about ready to give up and restart my medication. I'm tired of trying to stay calm and everytime I get emotional symptoms get worse.

If only I could have a guarantee that restart cipralex would remove the symptoms...I could try stopping it again in a few years...

So, does restarting take away the symptoms ???

2018 May 19 to 23 took 5 mg cipralex but skin was more painful so stopped cipralex

• Moderator Emeritus

There are no guarantees that a drug will work. You could try reinstating 0.5 as Alto suggested when you first quit. When people have been off for some time the body becomes sensitive to the drug. That is what happened when you reinstated 5mg, it was far too much and your body reacted to it. 

Cipralex is available in liquid, 1drop =1mg. You can dilute it with water to get 0.5.

It takes a few days to reach a steady level in the blood, then takes time to stabilise.  You need to be patient and not keep changing things. 

If you read through your topic there are all the links that we posted before for you. Go through them again to refresh your memory. 

How are you now? Are things much worse, are you taking any supplements or have you taken eny other medications? 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

9 hours ago, mammaP said:

There are no guarantees that a drug will work. You could try reinstating 0.5 as Alto suggested when you first quit. When people have been off for some time the body becomes sensitive to the drug. That is what happened when you reinstated 5mg, it was far too much and your body reacted to it. 

Cipralex is available in liquid, 1drop =1mg. You can dilute it with water to get 0.5.

It takes a few days to reach a steady level in the blood, then takes time to stabilise.  You need to be patient and not keep changing things. 

If you read through your topic there are all the links that we posted before for you. Go through them again to refresh your memory. 

How are you now? Are things much worse, are you taking any supplements or have you taken eny other medications? 

I have been taking omega 3 and magnesium for the last 2 months. The only sympthom I have is my skin that goes from uncomfortable to feeling like a sunburn.

I noticed that stressful events can make it worst for a few weeks. So to help me stay calm I was thinking about l-theanine. But would that be like 5 htp and mess with my fragile nervous system ?

And I did spend a faire amount of time on this site today and realised that only time will fix my brain and restarting anu SSRI med seam so much like a step backwards...

Well I decided to try .5 mg of cipralex and after 5 days I can say that my skin is hurting more.

I also started L-theanine to try and calm my anxiety about the pain and discomfort I'm going through.

So i'm taking omega 3, L-theanine, magnisium and .5 cipralex

I might keep going for a few days but i don't like the feeling so far.

I'm now reading about waves and window. I'm almost certain that my skin was better 2 weeks ago, before it got worst.

• Administrator
On 5/23/2018 at 2:54 PM, zibius said:

I have taken 5 mg for 4 days and symptoms seam worst. My skin was more uncomfortable than the last days.

So i was thinking of doing like you said 0.5 mg

On 5/31/2018 at 2:44 PM, zibius said:

1 hour ago, zibius said:

Well I decided to try .5 mg of cipralex and after 5 days I can say that my skin is hurting more.

I'm now reading about waves and window. I'm almost certain that my skin was better 2 weeks ago, before it got worst.

My guess is your system is sensitized to Cipralex. Citalopram, a gentler drug, is a sibling of Cipralex. You may wish to take 0.5mg citalopram instead. You might be able to get the prescription liquid.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

My guess is your system is sensitized to Cipralex. Citalopram, a gentler drug, is a sibling of Cipralex. You may wish to take 0.5mg citalopram instead. You might be able to get the prescription liquid.

After reading all I could find on waves and windows it got me some will power to maybe try to do the best going through the waves thinking that a window might be coming.

And try my best to manage my stress in between. People seem to manage their symptoms better when they think it's part of the healing process.

I already have 3 months done and even if it could last a couple more (maybe years) I think I would like to try without going back on meds...or is that just wishful thinking

• Administrator
On 5/23/2018 at 2:54 PM, zibius said:

I have taken 5 mg for 4 days and symptoms seam worst. My skin was more uncomfortable than the last days.

So i was thinking of doing like you said 0.5 mg

On 5/24/2018 at 5:06 AM, zibius said:

I will go with 2.5 or even lower based on your previous comments. I really don't want to make things worst by overdoing it.

Will let you know how it goes. 

On 5/31/2018 at 2:44 PM, zibius said:

^ How much Cipralex were you taking on 5/31?

3 hours ago, zibius said:

^What are the dosage changes, with their dates, you made after 5/31?

What dosage were you taking before your latest Cipralex change 5 days ago?

Please update your signature with your Cipralex dosages and dates.

Do not arbitrarily change your dosage. Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

29 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

^ How much Cipralex were you taking on 5/31?

^What are the dosage changes, with their dates, you made after 5/31?

What dosage were you taking before your latest Cipralex change 5 days ago?

Please update your signature with your Cipralex dosages and dates.

Do not arbitrarily change your dosage. Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages.

So I updated my signature with the latest info

On may 31, I was not taking any medication. Only supplements

• Administrator

On May 23, you said you were taking 5mg. On May 24, you said you were going to reduce the dosage.

What are all the dosage changes you made since May 23?

Your signature does not indicate when you stopped 5mg Cipralex.

4 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

On May 23, you said you were taking 5mg. On May 24, you said you were going to reduce the dosage.

What are all the dosage changes you made since May 23?

Your signature does not indicate when you stopped 5mg Cipralex.

I never went to 2.5 mg on may 24. I just stopped th 5 mg.

So from may 24 to july 8 I was not taking my cipralex

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

3 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Is your post missing some info are your are just restating your previous comment ?

• Administrator

Restating.

• 3 weeks later...

So I quit my Lexapro 4 months ago and only took 2 month to do it. It think it was to fast cause 1 month after quitting my skin started to be super sensitive. I had some better days and i'm currently in a bad phase where even my cloth are painful.

So after 4 months off, anything I can do to bring down that symptom? Don't really like the idea of re-instating (i think it's too late anyway)

Supplements ? or is only time that can help me?

I'm tired of hurting but afraid of making things worst.

Idea? Thanks