3rd leading cause of death: WESTERN MEDICINE http://wp.me/p5nnb-amu

GiaK

From NEW SCIENTIST and article from a few days ago:

WHAT is the third leading cause of death in the developed world? Given that cancer and heart disease top the list, you might hazard a guess at diabetes, stroke or car accidents. You’d be wrong. 
The answer is “iatrogenic” deaths – those caused by medical errors, adverse drug reactions or hospital-acquired infections.

For all modern medicine’s ability to alleviate suffering and prevent premature deaths, it also causes plenty of both. Many medical interventions turn out to have unintended and negative consequences that often emerge as a result of research into better treatments. While many are obvious, we are now starting to uncover more insidious effects. 

first-do-no-harm-graphic-e1390833751301.
Ah, yes…many of the readers of this blog know this only too well. When these treatments don’t cause death they often cause disability. We have been harmed. I have been harmed. And yet, we are largely considered hysterical hypochondriacs who are mentally ill. Protracted withdrawal issues from psychiatric drugs that cause severe disability are widely denied and we’re left to fend for ourselves and each other.

Let us share this news in any way we know how with anyone who might listen that the carnage might stop.

More: IATROGENIC INJURY

Pages with collections:

Please do not attempt to discontinue psych drugs without first very carefully educating yourself on the risks involved so that you might minimize the chances of developing grave iatrogenic illness if you decide to withdraw: Psychiatric drug withdrawal and protracted withdrawal syndrome round-up

Original post: http://wp.me/p5nnb-amu

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

• Administrator

Makes sense to me.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

And yet, we are largely considered hysterical hypochondriacs who are mentally ill

It will be interesting to see what happens when I request a consult with anesthesia before my surgery.   I am sure I am going to labeled in that manner.  Tough Sh-t as it is my life that is in their hands.

I am not waiting until the day of it to meet my anesthesiologist for a consult.   And even though I will have it, gotta make sure that the person driving me knows what the deal is in case I get someone different who may have not read the file.

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy