Olivia: Zoloft Taper after Xanax Taper

Olivia

Good Afternoon

Was recommended to this site since I have to taper 100mg of Zoloft in the future.

I completed a 17 month taper off of 3mg of Xanax in November 2013,Started 05/12

Tapering Xanax with complex dose reduction issues. Tried the current modality of Psych Dr

.25mg cut(s) every 10 days, ending in a seizure in 06/12. Switched to .25mg every 14-21 days

being bedridden from 6/12-10/12. Ending at 1 mg of X, holding for two months.

Taper began a new in 01/13, with dose reductions of .0625mg regular X pills. Too much variation.

Switch to .0625mg compounded Xanax Capsules. I was then able to finish my Xanax taper

using these compounded caps with more control over the entire tapering process.

Require advice, direction in regards to the Zoloft taper. Questions are great, as I have 

zero understanding of how to go about tapering an antidepressant. 

Olivia 

100mg Zoloft

Tapered 3 mg of Xanax to 2mg @.25mg cuts. 5/12-10/12  Seizure 6/12

1mg X tapered to 0 1/13-11/28/13 .0625mg compound caps

100mg Zoloft to Taper

Hi Olivia.

I'm glad you're here. It's so great you managed to get off your benzo. Xanax can be a tough one as many here can talk about.

How long were you on Xanax?

Well, I'm actually on klonopin with no ADs, but just wanted to welcome you here to this forum.

I'm not in anyway as knowledgable about ADs or Zoloft as most of the forum members here are, and unable to give you tapering advice. But you've come to the right place for that.

So I'm hoping some of that advice will be forthcoming.

Marie

On Xanax 10 years for anxiety, 2 mgs, night only. Attempted my own taper w/o understanding the dependency issues.

Researched and then understood the need for longer half life med. Doctor crossed me from X to klonopin 4 times in 6 months. Last time on X, she up dosed me to 3 mgs X.

On last cross attempt, ended up in ER with profound w/d sx from X. Got new doctor. Final cross to K, structured, slow was completed 6/5/12-12/5/12.

Attempting liquid micro taper from K. Difficulty with micro cuts; significant w/d sx requiring several weeks of holding after each cut. Also concerned if it's possible to use pill/liquid combo for dosing.

Hope I Meet Other Benzo Taperers Here! I have tried ADs in past. Could not tolerate them, gave up trying, none for over 12 years.

Thanks for your welcome and reply to my intro.

I was on Xanax for 17 years. Zoloft was added to "help" with the

depression I may have had along with the "advice" that an AD

would benefit me while tapering. Question about that.

How are you doing on the Klonopin?

Looking forward to hearing back from you and others.

Olivia

100mg Zoloft

100mg Zoloft to Taper

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Olivia,

I'm happy for you that you have come to such a good place in preparation for your taper. I'm delighted with teh level of knowledge and support on this site.

Before one of the moderators welcomes you, I'm just attaching you the link to tapering zoloft below. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1441-tips-for-tapering-off-zoloft-sertraline/

I find it very useful to read stories of other members and also other extermely useful advice on symptoms and sef-care and tapering section of this forum. There you will find topics such as why reduce by 10 % (to avoid the hell you went through while tapering Xanax, congrats on that!!!), waves and windows pattern of recovery, etc.

Once again, welcome.

bubble

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Olivia, welcome to SA. It's great that you came here before you started your taper, most of

us arrived here suffering with withdrawal symptoms from going too fast or cold turkey   :( .

As you were on xanax for such a long time and only stopped about 8 weeks ago

I would hold off staring to taper zoloft a while longer to let  your nervous system settle.

You have done great tapering after such a bad start it would be a shame to start another

taper too soon. I don't know anything about benzo withdrawal but if you did get some delayed

withdrawal symptoms it would be hard to tell where they are coming from if you are tapering

the zoloft.  Bubble has given you the link to tapering zoloft, read through it and you will be

prepared for starting your taper.  :) 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Hi Olivia.

MammaP answered the question I myself wondered about. And that was whether a taper on Zoloft should start sooner rather than waiting for your CNS to settle down from your benzo taper.

And I thought it might be so as she advised, but being a "benzo person" here and taking no ADs, I will always hesitate to make any recommendations about ADs.

Thank you mammaP for answering that question as it surely makes sense.

Right now, Olivia, I am doing a lengthy hold on the klonopin I am taking in order to settle my CNS due to too many disruptions with benzos to answer your previous question.

Well, once again, I know you're in the right place here on this forum, as these people know this subject with great acumen, and I'm just glad you're here.

Marie

On Xanax 10 years for anxiety, 2 mgs, night only. Attempted my own taper w/o understanding the dependency issues.

Researched and then understood the need for longer half life med. Doctor crossed me from X to klonopin 4 times in 6 months. Last time on X, she up dosed me to 3 mgs X.

On last cross attempt, ended up in ER with profound w/d sx from X. Got new doctor. Final cross to K, structured, slow was completed 6/5/12-12/5/12.

Attempting liquid micro taper from K. Difficulty with micro cuts; significant w/d sx requiring several weeks of holding after each cut. Also concerned if it's possible to use pill/liquid combo for dosing.

Hope I Meet Other Benzo Taperers Here! I have tried ADs in past. Could not tolerate them, gave up trying, none for over 12 years.

Bubble and MammaP

Thank you for your timely response(s). The information you have provided has definitely shown that I do need to wait a while before

tapering any Zoloft. This site has excellent resource information. Tapering any type of Benzo puts one on "high alert" to tapering any

further brain altering medications. I am sure an A/D taper would be the same. Xanax taper was a learning experience, one I do not want

to repeat ever. I am easily "rattled", emotional, strange "quirks" that only I had are still appearing/disappearing randomly etc. I appreciate

the insight you have given MammP, in regards to "holding" off a while. Eight weeks is a short time, after 17 month taper off of X. I will let

my CNS settle.

Thank you  Marie for your follow up comment in regards to this, as you have prior experience with this process of Benzo Tapering.

Reading your signature line, I cannot help but admire you for even trying to taper off the Klonopin.

I need to start reading and educating myself before any further attempts at tapering Zoloft, as Bubble has indicated a good thread to start~

Olivia

100mg Zoloft

100mg Zoloft to Taper

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome, Olivia!

I agree that you should wait for a good length of time before starting another taper of any sort. I'd be sure those "strange quirks" you've been experiencing have resolved first. You've accomplished a major discontinuation in a relatively, short period of time. Congratulations! Now be very gentle with your CNS and give it plenty of time to heal

While you are waiting to begin your AD taper, please, browse the forums here. You will find more valuable information here than you will find in any one place, elsewhere, IMHO!

We are glad you are here but sorry you needed to be.

Do you have any lingering, persistent WD symptoms?

Tezza:~

Thank you for your welcome. I just started to read the thread that MammP directed me too. A lot of info to absorb. I will NOT start any AD taper

now, for sure.

I am experiencing W/D symptoms from the Xanax Taper that I finished on Nov 28th. They tend to come on in a "cyclic" manner. As in feeling good

then sx's ramp up. The "quirks" that are representative in my taper from Xanax (I believe most have them, MOHO) and lingering.

Gritting ones teeth, which for me is odd.

Myclonic jerks, very infrequent, but did notice a "ramp" up when I "tried" the Dr.s suggestion of dose reduction of .25mg of Zoloft.

Depression: Odd since I am on an A/D.

Nervousness

Headaches: I do have a prior dx of TGN (Trigeminal Neuralgia), cluster headaches (not migraine). When these symptoms appear, its an indicator

to me that I am experiencing temporary Withdrawal(s). I have had 9 major facial surgeries, but that in itself is whole other story, and how I began on

Xanax, Zoloft, Wellbutrin(not taking).

This clearly shows me that my CNS is still in its "infancy" stage of healing.

Question: Waiting 6 months longer, I could start a Micro taper of not more than 10% of my current dose?

Olivia

100mg Zoloft

100mg Zoloft to Taper

• Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't put a time on it Olivia, you will know when your body is ready to start again but

I think that saying no sooner than 6 months is a good thing. Being on an anti depressant does not 

mean you won't get depressed unfortunately. A lot of the actually cause depression! 

Cluster headaches, I have those too but they started after I started taking effexor and I haven't had a 

bad attack for over a year, when I had reduced the dose considerably! That says a lot! 

Knowing what I know now, and experiencing tapering and withdrawal, if I had to start another taper I 

would do a micro mega slow taper of 5% to start with and see how things go. We do recommend no

more than 10% but the smaller cuts usually mean fewer withdrawal symptoms. It would probably take

just as long as a taper with bigger cuts because you would have to hold longer in between with a bigger

cut if that makes sense.

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't put a time on it Olivia, you will know when your body is ready to start again but

I think that saying no sooner than 6 months is a good thing. Being on an anti depressant does not 

mean you won't get depressed unfortunately.

Agree

Thank you for the valuable information you all have given me. Will take a while to educate myself with the knowledge that

is offered here.

Great Site, so glad I am here~

Peace~~

Oliva

100mg Zoloft

100mg Zoloft to Taper

Decided to hold off the A D taper. I'm not sure how I would

Like to taper though. Any suggestions? Reason for this is due to my

Xanax taper being done without prior stabilization.This is one thing I

am sure of. Xanax just took a lot out of me,my life. I'm tired. Can

anyone relate?

Olivia

100mg Zoloft

100mg Zoloft to Taper

Hi Olivia.

Please look at the link bubble gave you. That should give you plenty information on tapering Zoloft. I would wait until I`m stable before beginning.

At least don`t do what I did. Seriously.

Welcome. You have come to the right place to get information and support. 

08 Cipralex 10mg for about 6 months. 11-12 Cipralex 20mg. Unsuccesful WD. 12-13 Zoloft 100mg with Diazepam 10-20mg as needed for anxiety.
Fall 13 Tapering Zoloft 100->50->25->12,5->0 in 2,5 months and CT Diazepam. 12/24/13 RI Zoloft 12,5mg

1/21/14 11mg

3/18/14 9,9mg

2/18/14 8mg

4/22/14 7,6mg

5/5/14 7,2mg

5/12/14 -> cutting 0,5mg per week, holding when necessary.

8/18/14 -> cutting 0,25mg per week holding when necessary.

10/20/2014 -> cutting 0,1mg per week, holding when necessary.
12/28/2014 Jump!

What did you do MB? I read your thread and understand you are having great difficulty with sx. I know sx will just come out of the "blue" so to speak.

I will not just "drop" the Zoloft in .25mg increments. Glad I found this site.

Do hope you start feeling better, MB~

Peace ~

Olivia

100mg Zoloft

100mg Zoloft to Taper

I took 50% drops every few weeks. Basically a cold turkey finish.

08 Cipralex 10mg for about 6 months. 11-12 Cipralex 20mg. Unsuccesful WD. 12-13 Zoloft 100mg with Diazepam 10-20mg as needed for anxiety.
Fall 13 Tapering Zoloft 100->50->25->12,5->0 in 2,5 months and CT Diazepam. 12/24/13 RI Zoloft 12,5mg

1/21/14 11mg

3/18/14 9,9mg

2/18/14 8mg

4/22/14 7,6mg

5/5/14 7,2mg

5/12/14 -> cutting 0,5mg per week, holding when necessary.

8/18/14 -> cutting 0,25mg per week holding when necessary.

10/20/2014 -> cutting 0,1mg per week, holding when necessary.
12/28/2014 Jump!

• 2 months later...

Back with more questions regarding Tapering Zoloft

I was prescribed Zoloft as I was tapering Xanax in 2012. 25, 50,75, and 100mg . I had taken Zoloft prior to this misadventure.

Arrived at a point were I was agoraphobic, severe depression,  in bed due to a shift to a huge paradoxal reaction to Xanax: Ie, The more I took, the worst

my panic/anxiety was. I had to taper off of this drug. Tapered to zero in November 2013.

I was placed on Zoloft at the time of this episode, due to my depressive state.  I can say it helped, but I would not know otherwise.

I was in a precarious position at the time of my initial consult.

Reading this forum has opened my eyes, as to what I should have not done. Adding the Zoloft.  I cannot go back, but forward.

I am 4 + months out from my taper off of Xanax. Realizing that I need to be really stable OFF of Xanax at this point. I am still having w/d

symptoms. Getting much better.

My Dr. is versed in Benzo tapering, albeit the "standard" at first until he sees you are serious. Maybe a mind play, but the Dr. has helped me tremendously

as time has shown him how much I have learned, along with him being an advocate to tapering my pace. Even though at first it was horrendous. I know he

had to get me down in mg of Xanax before I could feel better. Which did happen the less and less Xanax I was ingesting.

Looks like I need to be tapering Zoloft in the near future with all I have read here. I just hope that I can do this WITHOUT adding any further medications to

the list. Worried about the withdrawal sx like sleep, etc since this is a "accelerator" drug.

Feel free to post any suggestions, concern, questions, as I am here to not only taper but learn.

Thank you, Alostrata and your team whom have done so much for those here.

Olivia

100mg Zoloft

100mg Zoloft to Taper

• Administrator

Thank you, Olivia.

Paradoxical reactions to benzos are a major under-recognized drawback of that drug class.

In the meantime, please look in our Symptoms and Self-care forum for ways to deal with withdrawal symptoms -- they apply to benzo withdrawal, too.

And -- welcome to our community!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Olivia, I think as long as you wait until you're stable from your Xanax withdrawal, you're going to find this Zoloft taper much more manageable than your fears are telling you. You will have control and you can take it as slowly as you need to. If you make a cut that's a bit too large, you'll realize it quickly and you can adjust as necessary. 

When the time comes, I recommend starting with extra small cuts and extra long holds, so you will be completely in control and you'll learn how your body is going to react. Once you have a sense of what your body's limits are, you can experiment with speeding up, to tolerance.

You'll find that doing a slow, careful taper, listening to your body, is going to be very different from when you got off the Xanax. I can certainly understand why you're a bit worried. I've had some pretty horrific experiences coming off meds too fast myself and I know that it can shake you to your core. But a slow, controlled taper is quite different. It's going to be better than you think.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Altostrata,

Thank you for the kind welcome. I agree with your statement concerning

the paradoxical reactions associated with this class of drugs. The majority

of individuals say it's "tolerance" but that is completely incorrect.

Yes, you can and will need "more of the drug" if your taking regularly.

You do get " tolerance" to the original dose. Paradoxical is completely

over looked. Thank you for recognizing this, Altostrata.

Rhi

Thank you for the kind words.

Your posts leaves me feeling better. It's just heck to have to

Taper resulting in a form of "stress syndrome". The good news is I am

reaching out and this site.

More later.

Olivia

100mg Zoloft

100mg Zoloft to Taper

Learning about tapering Zoloft before I actually proceed is my mission right now. I had a rough taper off of Xanax.

I definitely want to Taper off of Zoloft with as much information as possible.

My system picks up "miniscule" dose reductions, as the X taper went in that direction.

I compounded X into the exact amount of Xanax caps which I then finished my taper.

My dose schedule for Xanax was 8 times in 24 hours, dosing every 3 hours.

My concern here:

1) Currently taking Zoloft @ 7 am using 2 X 50mg tablets equates to 100mg. 1 Time a Day.

2) Should I change my dosage schedule to taking 1 50mg tablet in AM, then 1 50mg at noon?

Stabilize on the change first?

3)  If I decide to use liquid to taper the Zoloft, I would then need to stabilize on the above amounts in

the liquid solution First before I start decreasing my Zoloft?

I have read the information regarding tapering Zoloft, as well as how to prepare a liquid suspension.

Decided to taper this way, as my Dr. does not recognize AD withdrawal problems. Which leaves me

not needing his "interference" with the actual Taper off of the Zoloft. Surviving Antidepressants has

given me a profound hope that I can do this on my own.

Advice needed, before I start my taper.

Thank you~

Olivia

100mg Zoloft

100mg Zoloft to Taper

I'm also in the "prepping to taper" mode for Zoloft. I'm on 200mg. How long do you think it would take to stabilize if you switch from once a day to twice a day without changing dosage?

Currently on 200mg of Zoloft and wanting OFF!

Hi Babydust,

One could "hope" that it wouldn't take very long.

Looks like I need to find out on my own, here. Everyone is different as you know.

Wishing you lots of luck, Babydust.

Olivia

100mg Zoloft

100mg Zoloft to Taper

• Moderator Emeritus

Right, it's hard for anyone to say what is going to happen for you, you'll need to listen to your own body. Just make changes small and slow, so if you run into trouble you can correct easily.

I would say start with the change to twice a day dosing and get used to that, then switch to the liquid and get used to that, both before making any cuts. Once you're stable on the liquid twice a day then you can try a small reduction.

Interesting that you did your Xanax in eight shots, every three hours, that's how I do mine too.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Hi Rhi

Thank you for the sound advice. I will switch my times, stabilize. Then stabilize on the Liquid Zoloft before commencing.

I am still in the "learning" stages of this journey. I can tell I am in the right place, here.

Interesting to know you too  dose 8 times a day for Xanax. My husband actually came up with "dose" schedule for me.

He does "micro titration" for our farming operations for everything. The nutrients are slowly introduced into the crop

for optimal uptake. Ours is the reverse, the theory is the same. Looked at my Spread Sheet, found I dosed every 2 hours

at the beginning. Then spread the dose schedule out the lower I got, as symptoms would indicate that change.

My plan of "attack" as I like to call it looked like this: Starting Dose: 1 mg of X, using .0625mg compounded capsules.

Dosing hours (which is so important to keep on track): 6,8,10,12,2,4,6,8. Each time had a two dose tier, as I utilized

.125mg / 2 = .0625mg each dose reduction. I started with the 6 am dose, reducing the .125mg by .0625mg which still

left a .0625mg there, then I would alternate to afternoon, back and forth. Worked well for my body.

When I got down to .50mg I went to every three hours, including setting my alarm to take Xanax in the middle of the night.

I was NOT prescribed Xanax for sleep, but PRN, which caused a huge problem for me at the beginning. 

Really noticed changes if the dose(s) reductions, amounts and times were NOT adhered to. It was a very structured taper

schedule. I cannot emphasize the importance of keeping on track. No matter what you taper.

What does your taper look like? How do you taper multiple medications?

Olivia

100mg Zoloft

100mg Zoloft to Taper

• Administrator

Olivia, I merged the Zoloft-Xanax dosing conversation here because it became very particular to your situation.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you Altostrata

Olivia

100mg Zoloft

100mg Zoloft to Taper