SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Muddles

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm so sorry the shrink was such a**insert word of choice, can't think of a single one that is bad enough**

I can't say I am surprised because they know NOTHING about the drugs they are peddling, and he knows

he knows nothing! He probably felt stupid because you know more than he does  :angry: .

Where are you at with the medication? It would be great if you could put your dosages in your signature for us

then we can see at a glance where you are, when you have cut and when you are holding. Few people actually

realise just how helpful that is. Go to your name at the top right of the page, click settings, then signature.

We are allowed 12 lines.  

Show your husband this site, even your thread if you feel you can share it. If he sees what is going on here he  

can understand what is happening to you. Telling you that you can't go on like this is lack of understanding,

You don't WANT to go on like this and you haven't brought it on yourself, it is NOT your fault and you need

support and your family around you, 

Congratulations on making the assembly, it must have been a challenge but you did it and got through it.

It was a huge achievement for you.  :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thank you.

He also gave me a week supply of 5mg of benzo's. he said to take them every dy to build up in my system as they can only prescribe 2 weeks. I've been thinking about this. I had valium in my cupboard from a couple of years ago. I had took a few after my dad died - before and just after the funeral. I felt it touch my cns instantly and am now wondering if that's what triggered the askthasia? I took a couple here and there thereafter too. This week I've had to have 2 a day to relax myself.

Can you build tolerance over this time? I didn't think they were that addictive. Would you suggest I cut down to just one a day from tomorrow for a couple of days? I'm so sensitive to drugs and don't fancy another drug withdrawel on top of this one!

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Hi Muddles - these doctors are clueless.  Do you know of anyone who has a doctor they like?  In answer to your question on poop out.  I had tried to taper Lexapro a few times and went back up to my original dose.  After doing this a number of times when I was on a full dose I hit the infamous "poop out".  Full dose in and in WD mode with all of the gut wrenching symptoms.

I made the decision not to switch to something else and just taper.  It took two years and at the end I did take another drug.  I could not go on any longer with the WD anxiety.  Additionally, at the end of the Lexapro taper I lost my job, my ex husband lost his job and the economy tanked.  It was a very bad time in my life and I probably needed the medication which was Imipramine.

I did not want to take another ssri.  I wish I never heard of the word ssri :wacko:

I feel your frustration at having to deal with such idiots. You knew you were in poop out from you first post.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you.

He also gave me a week supply of 5mg of benzo's. he said to take them every dy to build up in my system as they can only prescribe 2 weeks. I've been thinking about this. I had valium in my cupboard from a couple of years ago. I had took a few after my dad died - before and just after the funeral. I felt it touch my cns instantly and am now wondering if that's what triggered the askthasia? I took a couple here and there thereafter too. This week I've had to have 2 a day to relax myself.

Can you build tolerance over this time? I didn't think they were that addictive. Would you suggest I cut down to just one a day from tomorrow for a couple of days? I'm so sensitive to drugs and don't fancy another drug withdrawel on top of this one!

Muddles, what kind of benzo are you taking now? And what dose?  If you take them on a regular basis you will become dependent and will need to taper. But if you take them irregularly, they can cause rebound interdose withdrawal (anxiety).  I can't remember what you are already taking or have taken.  Please would you put a short version of your drug and withdrawal history in your signature, it makes it easier to know your situation and offer suggestions.  Instructions for how to do that are here:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

It took two years and at the end I did take another drug.  I could not go on any longer with the WD anxiety.  Additionally, at the end of the Lexapro taper I lost my job, my ex husband lost his job and the economy tanked.  It was a very bad time in my life and I probably needed the medication which was Imipramine.

Nikki, I know you were having a rough time, but no one needs to take a drug to be able to solve difficult life problems.  All drugs do is suppress emotions and cause toxic effects in the body, they don't solve or cure anything.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you.

Benzos are VERY addictive, and quickly. And benzo withdrawal is hell. So if you are going to take a benzo, do so consciously and choicefully, and be prepared to taper when you're done.

Diazepam is long-acting and its breakdown products are also active benzos, so you can have benzo in your bloodstream for several days after taking a diazepam. So I recommend to people if they want to use diazepam for rescue, not to take it more than once or at most twice in a week. Even then there is risk of developing dependence, there are no guarantees with benzos or any psych drugs.

Benzos will calm you but they also cause depressive symptoms. 

If you feel you really need diazepam to get by, I would recommend either taking it on a regular schedule (not jumping around on doses from day to day) OR only taking it once a week, at most twice, and not twice every week.

Be careful with this one!

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

I'm done with this crap

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Please don't despair Muddles.  Rhi is talking a lot of sense about benzos, A few people 

take diazepam several times a day in tiny doses and it seems to help with withdrawal.

Then it has to be tapered after the AD taper.  Check out the benzo forum here and 

see how people there cope with tapering them. I am actually gobsmacked that your 

doctor is prepared to give you 2 weeks supply then cut them dead, how is that supposed

to help?  Stay with us Muddles, it honestly will get better. 

Mamma hugs. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

I can't mammaP. It's not normal depression. It actually feels like I'm on a bad LSD trip or something....the worst case of depression I ever thought was possible. I can't take another minute let alone another day. I don't want to die but at the same time cannot live.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• Administrator

Where are you with the mirtazapine dosage?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

13.5mg Mirtazapine.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• Administrator

How long have you been taking the benzos?

Yes, it's very possible when you took a Valium here and there, you had a paradoxical reaction to it and that destabilized your nervous system.

Can you see David Healy in North Wales? He sees people out of catchment.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I've tried to update my drug history but it says click on name at the top right hand corner. I don't see it?

Taken the odd valium here and there over the last couple of months. This week was told to take 3 x 2mg a day. Only took 1 yesterday and today.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

I will look into this doc. Thank you.

I'm not quite sure what to do about the valium? Shall I just leave it off? Think I'm depending on it a bit already. Helps me eat something and get through the mornings.

Thanks again for the info.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Ok, so couldn't sleep without the valium last night.

This week I've had - 3 Monday, 3 Tuuesday, 2 Wednesday, 2 Thursday & 2 Friday & 2 yesterday. Shall I just have 1 tonight? I can feel addiction to this already and upset that the CPN said I would be ok for 2 week use.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Ok, so couldn't sleep without the valium last night.

This week I've had - 3 Monday, 3 Tuuesday, 2 Wednesday, 2 Thursday & 2 Friday & 2 yesterday. Shall I just have 1 tonight? I can feel addiction to this already and upset that the CPN said I would be ok for 2 week use.

Hi Muddles, although it's possible to become physically addicted to a benzo that fast, it's very unlikely.  Sounds like you may be having a little rebound insomnia.  You should be fine in another day or two.  You could try taking .5 mgs tonight (quarter the tablet, .5 more if you don't sleep) so you are more likely to get some zzzs, but you have taken valium for 6 days now, so try to get off as soon as you can. 

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Moderator Emeritus

Muddles... it is possible to get addicted in a week, but you should be able to ease off as opposed to doing a real taper regardless..  Really, no need to panic.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Hi everyone!

Update - still stuck really. Bloody suicidal thoughts are constant. My friend really upset me earlier - agreeing I'm in withdrawel putting suicidle thoughts down to losing my dad.

Drug induced depression is different....I know this from how I felt when I came on the drug.

I wish you could meet my lovely family....I was such a good mother and wife. They were very happy and I had such good plans for the future. Instead I am here - kind if greiving for the person I was. I'm looking into maybe moving away. I don't want my family to see me like this any longer. They deserve much better and I know that children are very vulnerable and it's effecting them too much. Of course they need their mum, but not like this.

It's like a big nightmare and I want it to stop.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• Administrator

Did you get in touch with Dr. Healy?

Do you really think he could help me?

In what way?

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Hi Muddles- Sorry that you are having such a rotten time of it. Will say some prayers for you. I'm sure you are still a very good person -just going through a really rotten time! Hang in there!!

Jan. 1994 Pamelor

2000 switched to Zoloft 

2011 Zoloft pooped out- Dr. switched me directly to Lexapro15mg -had a horrible 6mths

2013 upped Lexapro to 20 mgs-pooped out

June 2013 Dr. added 150 Wellbutrin to Lexapro.

July 2013 Switched back to Zoloft 100mgs.Was still taking Wellbutrin. Lots of anxiety from the Wellbutrin

July 2013 Started to wean Wellbutrin- off by Sept.

Oct. 2013 added 400 mgs of Neurotin to the Zoloft

Jan 2014 Tapered off of the Zoloft and onto Prozac 30 mgs. Also still taking 400 mgs Neurotin

Feb 2014 Reduced Prozac to 13 mgs. Still taking 400 mgs Neurotin

Aug. 2014 Prozac 13 mgs. Finished with Neurotin. .7 Risperadol

• Administrator

He can help you taper and make decisions about your drugs.

Thank you. I will ring tomorrow. And thank you Zoe. It's good to know you guys are on my side.

Crisis team still want me to up my dose! If it doesn't work they have lots of different drugs they can try! Withdraw me off very slowly....over a six week period. I told them not to come tomorrow.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Would anyone know of Dr Healy's number please? Can only find a number for the college/university.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Muddles, here is the contact form for Dr Healey. If you email him on this form he will get back to you. 

http://davidhealy.org/contact-us

Here is his number, probably not his personal number but you should be able to contact him here. 

Hergest Unit Ysbyty Gwynedd Tel:  01248 384883

I'm sure that he will be able to help you, he is an expert on withdrawal syndrome and understands

everything about these drugs. 

2002  effexor. 

Thank you MammaP.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Hi there!

Could anyone help me with a valium question?

I took a few here and there about 3 weeks ago.

Cpn put me on 3 a day from last Tuesday.

Been slowly cutting down every day.

I took a quarter this morning.

Should I stop now?

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi there!

Could anyone help me with a valium question?

I took a few here and there about 3 weeks ago.

Cpn put me on 3 a day from last Tuesday.

Been slowly cutting down every day.

I took a quarter this morning.

Should I stop now?

Muddles... if you need to ask more benzo questions, please start a thread in the benzo sub forum.

You need to go by how your body feels... I suggested .5 mgs at bedtime for one or two nights a few posts back.

Skyler

I haven't had any valium for over a week now as I didn't want an another drug problem on top of this one.

Thing is I'm getting desperate again.

That horrible internal - kind if in the chest restless-ness surges are back . This is hard, especially on top of everything else. I don't seem to be getting a break and it scares me.

Can anybody recommend anything that may help with this please?

Wish I could cut, hold and stabilise like most of you guys. Not getting a break from this is hell.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Muddles, i cannot offer nothing but compassion. Thinking of you.

Put on trazadone for 8 weeks. Psychic akathisia started on 100 mg. Not a single doctor believed me telling me it is all anxiety in my head. Terrible suicidal urges. Got voluntary hospitalised. Acknoledged adverse reaction, put me off cold turkey. Instalated mirtazapine to block the reaction of trazadone. 5 weeks on mirtazapine.acathisia worsened, suicidal, homicidal urges. Nobody believed. Finally they stopped mirtazapine cold turkey. My heighest dose of trazadone was 200 mg, of mirtazapine 30 mg. Since the c/t, suicidal, acathisia continuing.

tried promethazine for sleep. Tried atarax. Currently taking klonopin for 10 days. Good for sleep, but my condition worsening. Unable to tell if it is klonopin or a bad wave.

In the former hospital i took twice gabapentin. It should be all my medication.

i was offered promethazin for sleep 25 mg and also small amount of quetiapine. Both are antipsychotics, even if ptomethszin very weak. Terribly afraid.

• Moderator Emeritus

Muddles, I have just read over your entire thread. 

Early in the thread you were asked, did you take an antibiotic or any other drug before you started having these bad symptoms (after your dad died), and you said no. Much later you then revealed that you took some valium after your dad died.  This is the kind of thing we were trying to find out.

I suspect the combination of the benzo and the stress may be what triggered the dysregulation that started at that time. But I am wondering if you may have taken something else--an antihistamine, an antibiotic, Benadryl for sleep, ANYthing. Please think back carefully and see if there is anything else that might have slipped your mind.

I think your best bet is to get support from Dr. Healy. I also think the Valium usage and withdrawal is probably causing you problems. But I have no suggestions beyond the ones I have already made.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Thank you - Been thinking of you Wolfhound. Really comforting to here from you.

I see your original problem came from a bad reaction to a particular antibiotic. How strange that I am too allergic to that category of antibiotic. Sensitive soles we are.

I'm sending you a ((hug)).

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Thank you Rhi, but no I didn't take anything.

I know over the counter drugs can effect - I realised this a couple of years ago when I took something for a cold. I near enough had a breakdown!!

I had a really nice man from crisis team come out to me the other day. He actually experienced the same on mirtazapine and said it happened after a big stressor in his life. He recognised it after I told him about the 10 minutes of clarity I felt just before I experienced dreadful poop-out. That 10 minutes of clarity was the weirdest thing ever. I cried....I felt like i was like the person before the drug and made me realise just how bad I had been for the past 4 years.

Sorry for rambling on...I don't really talk to anyone anymore. I really appreciate you taking your time to reply.

I don't think valium helped but was desperate.

I know it has a long half life so probably experiencing some kind if withdrawal from that!

I can't go on curled up in distressed ball all day and night. Doctor wants me on another antidepressant - I can't tolerate them...full stop.

They should take pictures of the hell we suffer and put them on the packets of antidepressant's like they do cigarettes!!

God - I sound like a 90 year old...not a 'nearly' 35 year old.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• Moderator Emeritus

God - I sound like a 90 year old...not a 'nearly' 35 year old.

You don't sound old to me... only wise. :-) By the way, there are a number of us here who have a few years on you and think are but a 'young thing', count me among them!

Glad to hear you are staying clear of diazepam.. nasty stuff. Any residual issues you are having from it should remit soon.

Rhi's sweetie isn't she?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Muddles, well done for giving up the valium.  I know we keep repeating the same thing

but this will pass. Hard to believe I know, but it will. 

Also again I would urge you to contact Dr Healey and ask how you can get to see him.

He sees patients from outside his area and is on the NHS.  He is an expert on withdrawal and 

the effects of anti depressants. 

Hugs from Mamma P

2002  effexor. 

Thank you MammaP. Hope you are ok.

I have emailed Dr Healey.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg