SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Muddles

Thank you - Been thinking of you Wolfhound. Really comforting to here from you.

I see your original problem came from a bad reaction to a particular antibiotic. How strange that I am too allergic to that category of antibiotic. Sensitive soles we are.

I'm sending you a ((hug)).

hi muddles,

in fact, i did not know it. I have been a healthy woman all my life, except for cfs, and i have never raken antibiotics prior to the kidney infection.

hugs

Put on trazadone for 8 weeks. Psychic akathisia started on 100 mg. Not a single doctor believed me telling me it is all anxiety in my head. Terrible suicidal urges. Got voluntary hospitalised. Acknoledged adverse reaction, put me off cold turkey. Instalated mirtazapine to block the reaction of trazadone. 5 weeks on mirtazapine.acathisia worsened, suicidal, homicidal urges. Nobody believed. Finally they stopped mirtazapine cold turkey. My heighest dose of trazadone was 200 mg, of mirtazapine 30 mg. Since the c/t, suicidal, acathisia continuing.

tried promethazine for sleep. Tried atarax. Currently taking klonopin for 10 days. Good for sleep, but my condition worsening. Unable to tell if it is klonopin or a bad wave.

In the former hospital i took twice gabapentin. It should be all my medication.

i was offered promethazin for sleep 25 mg and also small amount of quetiapine. Both are antipsychotics, even if ptomethszin very weak. Terribly afraid.

I envy you -sort of-that you can ask for healys advice. Wish we had a doctor like him in my country

Put on trazadone for 8 weeks. Psychic akathisia started on 100 mg. Not a single doctor believed me telling me it is all anxiety in my head. Terrible suicidal urges. Got voluntary hospitalised. Acknoledged adverse reaction, put me off cold turkey. Instalated mirtazapine to block the reaction of trazadone. 5 weeks on mirtazapine.acathisia worsened, suicidal, homicidal urges. Nobody believed. Finally they stopped mirtazapine cold turkey. My heighest dose of trazadone was 200 mg, of mirtazapine 30 mg. Since the c/t, suicidal, acathisia continuing.

tried promethazine for sleep. Tried atarax. Currently taking klonopin for 10 days. Good for sleep, but my condition worsening. Unable to tell if it is klonopin or a bad wave.

i was offered promethazin for sleep 25 mg and also small amount of quetiapine. Both are antipsychotics, even if ptomethszin very weak. Terribly afraid.

Really - no antibiotics till then! You are the probably the first I know of not to have have had antibiotics till adult-hood...you mother must have fed you very well!

I believe Dr Healy will probably just give similar advise as the guys on here. I do hope he can do something...a new brain would be good.

It's nice to hear from you. I still pray for us every night.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Yes, muddles, i was quite a healthy child. Only some colds and flus, but no penicioin, no antibiotics. The fact is we had a large garden and my parents prefered our own vegetables and fruits.

but who knows, i fed my children with care as well and all of them suffer immensely of ear infections due to inherited physical features of husbands ears...

Well, the only thing i would like to know from healy is what to do with this terrible suicidal urges in withdrawal.

And me Wolfhound. I can't bare being this way.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

What symptoms do yoz have?

Mostly suicidal thoughts/urges. Goes over and over in my head.

Deep terrible depression which I can't put into words. Lots of head and visual symptoms and no pleasure, interest or feelings for anything. Twitching and night terrors - when I'm able to get some sleep. Internal restlessness / not comfortable in my own skin. Internal shaking and

Anxiety - especially in the morning.

How are you? Have you had any relief at all recently or are things pretty much the same?

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Well, if you be so kind as to let me know what dr. Healey says/writes you, i would be really really grateful. I think i have similar symptoms. Last weekend was the worst, i was planning my suicide and could not stop. I am desperate.

• Moderator Emeritus

I feel so much for you!

Can't believe these unbearable urges are continuing for so long without relief ;(

I pray this Dr. Healey has some answers. One of the worst thing is that everyone seems so helpless and have no clue what to do ;(

I feel it in my heart of heart that it will pass but have no idea why it is taking so awfully long.

Despite all the horrors, I firmly believe in the two of you beating this evil.

Sending big hugs!

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

Thank you bubble.

i wish dr.healey had some solution but alas, i dont believe it but we will see what sort of reply muddles gets.

for me, its unbearable

Thanks Bubble. I hope we will find answers Wolfhound but it seems these drugs have changed or destroyed something in our brains.

I'm hoping it can be repaired.

I still have to take the poison every night. I'm not stable to make another cut but then again I'm not stable full stop.

What the hell have I done to myself and my poor fAmily! My kids need a mother for god sake!

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Muddles, I feel for you so much. I had an adverse reaction to an ssri, and it was severe. I have experienced everything you are going through. I have 2 young children and wanted so bad to leave and stay somewhere else but I didnt. I was very suicidal and had no love for them either. I was hospitalized for 6 weeks. It was torture. I can say this will pass. I still struggle but not as bad as it once was. I promise things get better. Have faith and know there is hope. To have kids in this state of mind is atrocious. But they will be the ones that save you. If you want to chat I am here.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2895-antoinette-lexapro-withdrawal/page__p__31234__hl__antoinette__fromsearch__1#entry31234

Lexapro for 10 years

Cold turkeyed in April 2012

Reinstated and had severe adverse reaction in may of 2012

Antoinette - thank you. I've been reading through your posts and sounds like you're going through hell too. We just keep needing to say to ourselves - "it's the drugs". Very hard - I would take anything over this!

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Yes my family. Its the worst. My family was always so important.and now i am planning to kill myself. I am crying. I would lije to stop all the suicidal things but its impossible. Wish this could be done with something. It is destroying all the love i had. All that has been so important in my life. My children were the love of my life.

I know - and it's tragic. I am feeling your pain and suffering. We do not deserve this. Our beautiful children need us back so we must go on....if not for a while longer...hold on.

I am thinking of you a lot and you are not on your own. You are still that loving mother, just lost for a while....no fault of your own. We are grieving in a way...grieving for that person we once were.

I admire your strength. You are fighting the hardest battle you will ever fight and you are winning. You are still here - you still love your husband and children....your mind may have been altered for a while but your heart is still there...that has not been damaged. It is beating and it is beating because of your children and your family. They hold a big place in your heart. You may not feel the love and I totally get that....that is the worst feeling. But it is there...tucked away in your beating heart waiting to be released. It will come. We have to believe it. When it does - the thoughts and urges will fade bit by bit.

It's hard to read this and believe it. I am not very good at believing and being positive myself. I will look at this when I get that horrible urge....and have no choice but to believe it.

I hope I am making some sense. My brain is not at it's best and I am feeling a bit detached and not really with it.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Too tired for real response tonight but know that you are thought of. Hang in there. 

Current:

Lorazapam2mg: 4/9/152mg - 1.5mg: already sick/nothing noticed. No changes in sleep noted after illness.  

Lamictal: 7/27/13 - 8/6/13: 400mg - 500mg(dr order) mouth sores, headache, cognitive/balance, heart palp...8/7/13 - 8/23/13: 500mg - 400mg; symptoms↓...10/10/13: 350mg; fever/flu-like <2-weeks...12/30/13: 325mg; fever/flu-like symptoms <1-week...2/10/17: 300mg; no significant changes noted. 

Discontinued:

Omeprazole: 09/2103 40mg...5/1/14: 20mg... 8/21/14 = 0

Wellbutrin: 11/22/13: 300mg – 225mg...12/6/13 delayed reaction- mood swings, weight↓, heart palp/chest pain, alerting...12/14/13: 187mg; physical symptoms↓, neuro emotions ↑, weight stable...12/20/13: 225mg; physical symptoms return, emotions stable <1-week, weight↓...4/21/14: 187mg; weight↑...5/17/14 (neurologist ordered discontinue asap):168mg; headache, mood swings, ↑weight, sleep flux...5/24/14: 150mg; headache, mood swings, ↓cognitive/balance...6/2/14: 112mg; see above, weight stable, <3-weeks... 6/28/14: 100mg; moody...7/25/14: 87.5mg; family troubles... 8/4/14: 75mg; headaches; moody... 8/9/1450mg headaches... 8/12/14: 37.5mg; 8/17/14: 25mg...8/26/14 = 0

Hydroxyzine; 10mg: 5/20/15 *prn 4/5 times then dc'd. Mood changes/rage 

Buspirone: 7.5mg: 5/20/15 *prn 4/5 times then dc'd. No changes.

So guys, things have not improved.

If I'm in so called poop-out - whats the point in tapering slowly? I am thinking about just stopping.

Don't think I could possibly feel any worse.

I would even consider tapering off and going on to something else for a while feel my brain has had it....feel totally brain dead.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Muddles please don't just stop it can actually get worse.  When switching or crossing over to another med it has to be done carefully so you don't end up with too much serotonin.

I wish there was an answer for all of this so we did not have to suffer.....

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

How are you feeling muddles?i was thinking about you a lot. I am not an expert but everybody recommends tapering, so i think you should taper for not feeling as bad as i do after cold turkey. If only i had known about tapering before....but docs told me that i can stop without problems....if only i could talk with rr. Healey...now i cannot do anything, its too late.i hope i feel better before years.

Thanks Niki - i just keep beating myself up about how i have carried on taking this poison for years when all its given me is grief since day one! I hope you are ok.

hi wolfhound!

I'm still waiting to hear from Dr. Healy. I've cried all morning - it's hard to explain to anyone around me how this feels. I am still in deep depression and thinking of suicide. I look at my kids and husband and think of how this would totally destroy them. And it's not just them...my mum, my sisters and brothers and my friends. They all love me deeply and I can see that and feel bad for them having to worry over me. I feel like a huge burden!

How are you? I think of you a lot also. Do you see your children?

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

I wonder if anyone could explain this horrible symtom - it's like a have a brick in my head - pushing down over my eyes....sometimes causing headaches. I know antidepressants can cause frontal brain damage and as this antidepressant has pooped-out, do you think it's got something to do with my brain not being able to produce what it's supposed to? I find myself pushing up at my head...it's not a nice feeling and it's what comes along with the horrible adenioa and sometimes violent headaches.

Sounds weird I know but terrifying when you can kind of feel these brain symtoms.

Do you think a scan would show anything?

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Oh muddles.

i can relate to it. I was so suicidal but i know how it would affect my family, my parents, my brothers and how about my children, my children were always the most important to me its horrible what a chemical reaction can destroy in your brain...i would like to survive,, but i dont know how long it can take. I would take anything that would allow me to stop feeling suicidal. In my country, theres no dr. Healy so i envy you a little bit maybe he will tell you what to do....

i am thinking of you, one soul from the central europe is thinking of you and your children...i do t know if it helps just a little bit

• Moderator Emeritus

I don't think it will. I remember when I had such horrid headaches that even a psychiatrist ordered a CT scan. It showed nothing, of course...

I can imagine how awful it must be for you :( but reminding yourself it's a withdrawal might help...

MoodyBlues just gave a beautiful advice to himself and us: don't add fear to fear. It's very hard not to but we can at least remind each other of that.

ADs mess us our brains badly but I really on't think they cause any brain damage, only physical trauma or physical illness can cause damage. I would rather post that beautiful post Rhi wrote once about the kind of damage ADs cause:

A lot of people, including healthcare practitioners; in fact, I guess, most people-- are operating from entirely the wrong paradigm, or way of thinking, about these meds. They're thinking of them like aspirin--as something that has an effect when it's in your system, and then when it gets out of your system the effect goes away.

That's not what happens with medications that alter neurotransmitter function, we are learning.

What happens when you change the chemistry of the brain is, the brain adjusts its chemistry and structure to try to return to homeostasis, or biochemical and functional balance. It tries to restabilize the chemistry. 

For example: SSRI antidepressants work as "serotonin reuptake inhibitors." That is, they cause serotonin to remain in the space between neurons, rather than being taken back up into the cells to be re-used, like it would be in a normal healthy nondrugged brain.

So the brain, which wants to re-establish normal signaling and function, adapts to the higher level of serotonin between neurons (in the "synapse", the space between neurons where signals get passed along). It does this by removing serotonin receptors, so that the signal is reduced and changed to something closer to normal. It also decreases the amount of serotonin it produces overall. 

To do that, genes have to be turned on and off; new proteins have to be made; whole cascades of chemical reactions have to be changed, which means turning on and off OTHER genes; cells are destroyed, new cells are made; in other words, a complex physiologic remodeling takes place. This takes place over time. The brain does not grow and change rapidly. 

This is a vast oversimplification of the amount of adaptation that takes place in the brain when we change its normal chemistry, but that's the principle.

When we stop taking the drug, we have a brain that has designed itself so that it works in the presence of the drug; now it can't work properly without the drug because it's designed itself so that the drug is part of its chemistry and structure. It's like a plant that has grown on a trellis; you can't just yank out the trellis and expect the plant to be okay.

When the drug is removed, the remodeling process has to take place in reverse.

SO--it's not a matter of just getting the drug out of your system and moving on. If it were that simple, none of us would be here. 

It's a matter of, as I describe it, having to grow a new brain. 

I believe this growing-a-new-brain happens throughout the taper process if the taper is slow enough. (If it's too fast, then there's not a lot of time for actually rebalancing things, and basically the brain is just pedaling fast trying to keep us alive.) It also continues to happen, probably for longer than the symptoms actually last, throughout the time of recovery after we are completely off the drug, which is why recovery takes so long. 

With multiple drugs and a history of drug changes and cold turkeys, all of this becomes even more complicated. And if a person is started on these kinds of drugs at an early age before the brain has ever completely established normal mature functioning--well, it can't be good. (All of which is why I recommend an extremely slow taper particularly to anyone with a multiple drug history, a history of many years on meds, a history of past cold turkeys or frequent med changes, and a history of being put on drugs at a young age.)

This isn't intended to scare people, but hopefully to give you some idea of what's happening, and to help you respect and understand the process so you can work with it; ALSO, because you are likely to encounter many, many people who still believe these drugs work kind of like aspirin, or a glass of wine, and all you need to do is stop and get it out of your system. 

Now you can explain to them that no, getting it out of your system is not the issue; the issue is, you need to regrow or at least remodel your brain. This is a long, slow, very poorly understood process, and it needs to be respected. 

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

Thank you Wolfhound....it helps a lot and wish for anything for us to be well and back to being ourselves again. I get scared I may do something - like i nearly did a few weeks ago. I was not in control at all that day and I haven't really been left alone for long since then. Feel like I'm on watch!

Bubble - thank you. I tell myself all of the time that its the drug..it's too powerful most of the time though and struggle to control my thoughts and feelings. If I wasn't in poop-out and could stabilise this would give me hope. These windows that people mention - I just want one for a while.

You are strong bubble - I can tell by your posts. You give great support here and I am very grateful for your replies.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Bubbles no one has said it better than you and I agree.  It's not like getting aspirin out of our systems.  Muddles bad headaches and a sense of pressure is a symptom of these drugs and trying to get off of them.

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Muddles, I hope you are feeling a little better today. Even the teesiest bit better is a huge step forward. 

What is your dose now and when did you last make a cut? 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Hi mammaP. I have felt a little better thank you. I just wish my head would stop thinking so negatively. I wish someone could say that the further I reduce the less suicidle I would feel. Lack of sleep plays a big part too.

I'm still on 13.5mg mirtazapine. Scared to cut as depression is too deep at the moment.

Congratulations on the new house! Exciting times for you ahead. Hope it all goes smoothly!

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Muddles, have you felt anything better recently?

I am terribly afraid of everything. I have huge problems with acceptance. I know I should accept I dont feel well, I should accept that I am thinking negatively, that I suffer from withdrawal depression, but its so hard on me, I feel like my life has ended and will never return to the point before I took any meds. I wont be able to just be with my children the way we used to be, the way we used to enjoy our time together....omg I just dont know how to accept the fact I am a wreck of the person I used to be...

I feel for you so much....

I know what you mean - it's a terrible feeling that you don't feel like the same person. It's like I changed overnight although looking back I don't think I was the same since going on mirtazapine.

I do feel slightly better sometimes but then it just hits me like a ton of bricks. Im not even off the mirtazapine yet! My daughter starts high school in September. I had so many plans for us as she was growing up but just can't see me being here - and that's just awful!

I don't want them growing up with a mentally ill mother - although I was never mentally ill before.

I think now you are off all drugs - it's just a matter of time before you start seeing some kind of improvement, I really believe that.

I really feel for you. It's the toughest most awful thing anyone should have to endure!

Wish I could help you.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Why oh why did I carry on taking mirtazapine when it made me ill from the start! It's my own fault...I have wrecked my family's life.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Oh Muddles....I feel so sorry for you ...

yes, I am off but I was cold turkeyed which is not good. And I dont see much better, yes I had few better days, but immediately followed by much worse days. In the begining I thought that I could feel better quickly when I was on meds only for 3 months but I understood now that this does not count much. You can be on meds few weeks and then you will suffer from withdrawal years...that´s what scares the hell off me.

It's totally un-fair for you to have to suffer after only being on it for such a short time. I really thought that it was more difficult for people who had been on medication for a long period of time.

I doubt for a minute you will be this bad for years. It will be slow but you will see changes.

Hold on for one more day - that song keeps going around my head all of the time.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Well, I have been reading recovery stories and it could be like this. If I remember well the story of Charlie, he was recovering for 7 years after taking ADs for 4 months. And he is not the only one...

I completely understand what you feel towards your family. I  had many many plans for this winter, for example. Nothing happened. And I dont like to think about this summer since I am afraid I wont be able to do anything with children....

Yep, and I wanted to tell you that when I was in hospital here in my country, I made friends with a British citizen there:-) He was in hospital here so I was really pleased to meet him and to be able to talk with him in English...

Are you from the UK originally? English is supposed to be one of the hardest languages to learn. My father was originally from Latvia and travelled and lived in a lot of different countries. He could speak many languages but said that English was the hardest.

This is the trouble when we are depressed - we think the worst but you may very well be different.

If you think about it - even 7 years...your kids will have you back for their teenage years and for when they get married and have kids. But I doubt it will be 7 years. You're in protracted withdrawal but you are ahead of a lot of people on here. You are off the poison and can only heal from now on.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg