Designgirl732

Interesting site I found..look at all the positive responses!

alexjuice

Don't you think people under the influence of the drug (and also under the influence of sickness caused by the drug) should be depricated in their reviews?

I wouldn't ask a drunk guy to tell me whether vodka is a good thing, nor would I ask the same question to a vomiting alcoholic at a medical detox.

There needs to be some objective standard for measuring efficacy and since there isn't -- asking drunk people how they feel is not objective-- I throw reports into the questionable bin.

Designgirl732

excellent point..!! I also noticed most of these people it's their first month on them.

mammaP

I remember when I was telling everyone how great my anti depressant was!

It was great, I was high as a kite and it was not real, then it soon pooped out and I was 

housebound for years.  I like Alex's point that he wouldn't ask a drunk if vodka is good  :D

I love this video by Peter Breggin. 

Altostrata

You can find enthusiastic posts about antidepressants anywhere you care to look on the Web.

They are psychoactive drugs. Some people enjoy the effects.

Designgirl732

I like this video. thank you for sharing. While he does give extreme examples, I believe that what i've been feeling (good and bad) is all the drug-it's not 'me' and THAT is what I don't like. 

btdt

I have two family member stuck on effexor cause I thought it was the bomb when I was first on it.  Commonly called the honeymoon period but it ended with a very bad tragic divorce.  Like Mamma high as a kite and never realized it.                                                                         

Designgirl732

Oh I agree..it's definitely like being 'high as a kite' - the wost part is I thought once I got on meds, i'd 'get my life back' - but before I was on meds, even with my depression and anxiety..i still could leave the house just fine and get things done!! Now (well it's getting better) but in the beginning with both effexor and celexa I felt agoraphobic and like crawling out of my skin..WTF is that!??

When I see my psych in a few weeks i'm going to ask him for liquid celexa and wean gradually and then i'm done. Then I have to work on the 5mg of diazepam he perscribed me to take every night before bed for the past few months. One battle at a time I suppose. I'm so glad I found you guys.

btdt

Oh I agree..it's definitely like being 'high as a kite' - the wost part is I thought once I got on meds, i'd 'get my life back' - but before I was on meds, even with my depression and anxiety..i still could leave the house just fine and get things done!! Now (well it's getting better) but in the beginning with both effexor and celexa I felt agoraphobic and like crawling out of my skin..WTF is that!??

When I see my psych in a few weeks i'm going to ask him for liquid celexa and wean gradually and then i'm done. Then I have to work on the 5mg of diazepam he perscribed me to take every night before bed for the past few months. One battle at a time I suppose. I'm so glad I found you guys.

Vit D Vit B12 B complex how long have you been taking all of these supplements?  Just curious.

Designgirl732

Hey! I've been taking Vitamin D on and off for 2 years (it's now 34) and Vitamin B12 just the past few months

alex

Effexor spellbinding.....yes!!

In the last year on Effexor, I wasted thousands of Dollars, in the most stupid way....

Now I realize what happend.

Very sad;but at least today I'm Drug free, and improving, no doubt about it.

Thank you for the video mammaP.

Hugs, A.

btdt

Effexor spellbinding.....yes!!

In the last year on Effexor, I wasted thousands of Dollars, in the most stupid way....

Now I realize what happend.

Very sad;but at least today I'm Drug free, and improving, no doubt about it.

Thank you for the video mammaP.

Hugs, A.

I pissed away a life saving on E know you pain. 

btdt

Hey! I've been taking Vitamin D on and off for 2 years (it's now 34) and Vitamin B12 just the past few months

Just curious I still can't seem to tolerate either one.