ssrienlightened: new here posting my story

ssrienlightened

Hi everyone. Ive been reading around these forums and like what i have been reading. For about 8 years i was in the dark about what all these drugs actually do to people. I first started with zoloft and was on that for 3 years. eventually I was diagnosed with bi polar and put on depakote. after six months it was then lithium. also while i was on these anti pyhsc drugs i was on prozac 60mg. anyways I wash then also put on abilify. right away something didnt feel right. I now know this to  restless legs. weirdly though i only get restless arms. so after being tried on more anti physc lets see serequel,geodon, and lamictal. well it was good cause everytime i stopped the meds the restless arms went away, except for the last one. When i was put on lamictal I told the doc i keep getting these restless arms and cant even sleep. he kept saying just keep taking it, it will go away. he kept raising the dose as well. finally i just took myself off the med myself after about 2 months as i was not sleeping from the restless arms. unfortunately after stopping the lamictal the restless arms never went away, and it has been that way now for about 3 years. I have been put on gabapentin for it and it somewhat takes it away, but not nearly enough. anyways this forum is a good place. thanks for reading and let me know what you think of my story.

ssri drugs 2007 zoloft 100mg for 2 years. 2009 switched to 60mg prozac and diagnosed with "bi polar". put on abilify ambien and serequel. other meds ive been on for 6 months and then stopped. lithium, depakote, geodon, lamictal, trazadone, nortryptalyne, amityrptyline. current and most recent and only meds I take on a per need dexedrine, and ativan. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi enlightened, welcome to SA. You've had quite a ride with all the drugs thrown at you!

I am constantly aghast at how many doctors are throwing multiple meds at people with

no regard to how they may be affected by them. 

Are you only on gabapentin now? How long have you been taking it? 

It would be good if you could put your most recent drugs history in you signature line.

Here is how to do that   http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

In case you are thinking of tapering the gabapentin, here is the topic to help with that.  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2309-tips-on-tapering-neurontin-gabapentin/?hl=gabapentin

Many of us find magnesium helps with restless legs, maybe it could help with arms too.

I haven't heard of that before so it will be interesting to learn about that side effect.

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Administrator

Welcome, ssrienlightened.

What drugs and dosages are you taking now?

What makes you think you're bipolar?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Welcome, ssrienlightened.

What drugs and dosages are you taking now?

What makes you think you're bipolar?

I dont think I am bi polar now. I got tricked into the "well i was diagnosed" idea. I tapered myself off the gabapentin. it was not that bad. Yes I cant believe these doctors these days. I went to therapy for a while and kind of put the pieces together as to why it appeared my moods would go back and forth. I would constantly go in bouts of depression and then feelings of happiness. I would just assume oh its the disease, but i just started not believing it and thats when I looked into it all. I wish others were given a shot at seeing the truth. In my opinion what it comes down to is people trust these doctors and will just take their word as truth no matter what. All the diagnosis are completely exxagerated. yes of course people can be depressed, but i dont think Ive ever seen someone that wasnt depressed for a reason. thats the problem is people almost take an easy way out. Instead of put work in to figure out their issues they like to hear its an imbalance and theres nothing you can do about it. I used to not work and just feel bad for myself. Im glad it finally clicked. I cant just stay in my room and feel bad for myself thinking im special. I have hard days still but I just have to get through it like everyone one. I dont know if this thinking seems too mean. again though this is just my opinion. The last meds I was prescribed were dexedrine and 1mg 3x a day ativan, Ya nice cocktail. Anyways I knew before getting those that I would only take those as a per need basis and thats still what I do which almost helps me have a safety blanket. I would never take benzos daily. pointless to me and worst withdrawal I have ever been through. I will update med list. thank you for listening and the welcome.

ssri drugs 2007 zoloft 100mg for 2 years. 2009 switched to 60mg prozac and diagnosed with "bi polar". put on abilify ambien and serequel. other meds ive been on for 6 months and then stopped. lithium, depakote, geodon, lamictal, trazadone, nortryptalyne, amityrptyline. current and most recent and only meds I take on a per need dexedrine, and ativan. 

• Administrator

Good insights! A lot of people need that kind of advice, please share all you want.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.