SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ trouper prolonged Zoloft / sertraline withdrawal

trouper

• Moderator Emeritus

Wow, Trouper, way to get better!! Your description of your recovery & symptom pattern is excellent and very interesting to read.

Thank you for sharing. Congrats on your return to work and overall improvement!! You are an inspiration...

RU :)

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

thank you so much everyone. :)

today i had a huge breakthrough — this morning i was remembering warm summer nights when i would sit outside on a blanket, listen to crickets and watch shooting stars. instead of just remembering doing it and remembering that i loved those nights, i actually felt the emotions of enjoyment, love, and peace i associated with it and i got the motivation to want to plan to do it again. it sounds so trivial but it was huge.

I've felt meh for a long time now but I've still been able to enjoy moments, get excited about yummy food, laugh and joke around but i felt something was missing and i couldn't put my finger on it. it wasn't until this morning that i felt what it was and now i am hopeful that i can get that part of me back.

on 37.5 - 50mg zoloft/sertraline for GAD from 3/1996 to 4/2013 (17 years) 

too fast taper from 1/13-4/13

• Moderator Emeritus

Trouper,

That is awesome!  Hopefully, it is the start of an opening of all of those emotions for you.

I wonder if, by chance, there was any kind of sensory trigger involved, in particular was there a smell that might have triggered this?  I've long been a believer that smell and touch are the keys to transporting you back to other times and places and allowing you to feel "in the moment".

In any event, glad to hear that you've had this breakthrough.

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• Moderator Emeritus

but i felt something was missing and i couldn't put my finger on it. it wasn't until this morning that i felt what it was and now i am hopeful that i can get that part of me back.

Yep!!! I totally get that!!! This is HUGE!!!!! Isn't it grand?!!!! 

It will come back and for longer and longer amounts of time. Congratulations trouper!! 

And just remember... just REMEMBER!!!!

RU :)

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

andy and RU,

i use how i feel about traveling as my mental health gauge — it has always been a strong passion of mine but almost 2 years ago when severe wd started it went away and i was left with distaste at the thought. the past few weeks I've felt inklings of wanting to go places again. i had anhedonia so severely about a year and a half ago that when the severity lifted, the mild stuff seemed like nothing and i just got used to it. i think for the past few weeks this mild layer of anhedonia has been lifting slowly. what made yesterday morning's breakthrough even more monumental was because it was in the morning! usually i don't get pleasant feelings until the afternoon and evening.

i wish you all continued healing as well. :)

• Moderator Emeritus

All good stuff, Trouper.  All signs that you are turning a corner and healing!

Good on you.

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Trouper congratulations and may your healing continue!

20+ years of Zoloft 50-100 mg CT 03/2014 for 5 months
Back on Prozac 20 mg for 4 months CT since 11/2014
Found this forum the last day of 2014
The secret is to keep going!  Time will heal.

Hello Trouper good to hear you are getting there , do you still have aches and pains all over , do you get a vibration feeling in your chest and stomach ?

thank you, pug. i appreciate it. to you as well!

mikey, yes i do get aches and pains, still and i do sometimes still get the internal vibration feeling in my chest. i haven't really noticed it in my stomach though. i still get new symptoms so maybe it's coming.

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator

Hello, trouper, how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

hello!

I'm now a little over 32 months (2 years, 8 months) off zoloft. i am continuing to heal and have seen good improvement since i last updated. i've been having longer stretches of feeling almost normal. a lot of the anxiety, anhedonia, depression, etc are barely there most of the time and the low or anxious moods have been much easier to manage. i now have much better control of my emotions again, thanks goodness. i still get hit with periods of being irritable, emotional, or having low moods but they definitely aren't as severe as they were. my motivation has improved as i am enjoying things again but i hope it does get a little better as it is still hard to want to get off my butt. because I'm feeling better emotionally, now i feel i can finally start to pick up and get my life back on track after this 2+ year hiatus. it's not easy but i'm doing the best i can. i still have issues with emotions i don't use that often, like feeling taken advantage of or being nervous. these actually hurt and cause me a physical pain that i have a hard time describing. i actually wonder if i should avoid feeling them to heal them, or be exposed to them to heal them. i feel no repercussions when i get anxious anymore so i wonder if it was the constant exposure.

physically i seem to be dealing mostly with sleep and autonomic issues. i still wake up with brain zaps in the middle of the night every night, although my sleep in general is slowly getting better. light exercise, excess sugar and decaf coffee can still send me into a icky spell and/or palpitation fits sometimes but they are slowly lightening up and not coming on as often. every few months i will still get a new whacky symptom which is always surprising. just when i think i got hit with everything i could, i get proven wrong.

i slowed my lamo taper down some when i got my latest new symptom so i'm only down to .325mg now. i still wonder if the lamo is causing my daily brain zaps but maybe i am just an anomaly that gets brain zaps this far out. i also still get frequent migraines but that may be hormonal. 

that is about it for now. i hope 2016 is filled with peace and good healing to you all!

Hi Trouper,

I'm so pleased to see you're healing. It never ceases to amaze me , what these drugs can do to us in such a negative way , and for such a prolonged period of time. However, the good news is that you are recovering. So happy to hear that.

How much sleep are you getting?    Do you find the Inositol helps?  What are you taking it for, as it has a broad range of effects. ( efficacy ).

Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

hi ali,

thank you for your kind words. i probably average around 6-8.5 total hours of sleep these days. i can sleep 6 hours straight about 1/4 of the time. i will always wake up between 2-4am with the tinnitus and brain zaps. at that point i may be able to fall back to sleep, or i can't. my sleep pattern changes about ever week or 2 and my mood is tied to them as well – heavier sleep leaves me with a low mood on waking, and the lighter sleep leaves me with more normal moods. i never had these patterns before wd so i assume the pendulum is swinging back and forth until it will hopefully settle in the middle ground of good sleep and mood..

my doctor put me on inositol around july '14 when i was having a big problem with irrational fear with ocd tendencies - the wonderful time when your  CNS is so sensitized that you can't be exposed to any negativity. it was pretty severe for me but luckily i think i'm passed it. my doctor wants me to stay on inositol because he feels it still soothes the nervous system. like the lamotrigine, i have no idea if it is doing anything because i tapered on it so slowly as i was healing anyway. i guess i will know when i get off. i just trust my doctor when he says both are helping to soothe the CNS.

You put a lot of trust in your doctor. I wonder why ? Maybe he is ok . Most are " clueless".

I'm glad that you can sleep. That goes a long way to recovery . You are lucky, in this. 

Ali  

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi Trooper

I am also 2 years 8 months off Zoloft....but this last stretch for a few months now have not let up and seem worse...I hope I get to where you are now eventually.  Gives us some hope.....I am very happy for you.....bless all of us who have and are suffering so much.

Keep us posted....sometimes I think I will never get better when there is hope when we read of successes like yours.

Love

Lee

xxxx

Zoloft started for 8 years - 150 mg capsules

Started tapering December 3, 2011,

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

While tapering WDS were tolerable

Off Zoloft debilitating WDS the worst starting around 6 months off

even worse after 18 months off

Now 35 months off - still in a terrible wave for months now.

• Administrator

Good to hear from you, trouper. Best of healing in the new year!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

ali,

yes, i really trust my doctor. he isn't the original one who got me into this mess but one that was recommended to me after i was almost a year into this mess. he's very knowledgeable and has worked with a lot of people in my situation so between him and alto here, i feel i am in good hands. yes, I'm very grateful that my sleep has healed as much as it has because i really got hit hard with just about every wd sleep issue. i was a mess and it has been torture these last few years so i guess i shouldn't be too surprised that i still have the brain zaps.

divalee,

you were lucky that you tapered. i had a horrible doctor who had me go too fast. i had issues early on but my wd didn't hit hard until my sleep broke 5 months after i was off zoloft. before that, i thought i was healing and heading in the right direction so never tried to reinstate and go slower. for me, wd slowly got worse over time with the worst being 1-2 years off, and since then it is slowly getting better. i really didn't get much relief until over 2 years passed but i will say after every bad long wave resolved, i felt that my baseline noticeably improved. hopefully you will feel considerably better once this bad wave is resolved. 

alto,

thanks for checking on me. may 2016 bring good healing for all of us!

So happy for you. It's great to know there are others recuperating and healing.

I too am grateful for this site, the moderators and Alto.

Started Effexor August 2012 Sept'12-150mg=extreme anxiety Oct'12 cut half-75mg severe wds

Feb 2013 68.5mg. Mar'13- 65mg. Apr'13-59mg. May'13-57mg. June '13-52mg Aug'13 49.75mg.

Sep'13-48.75. Nov'13-47mg Dec'13-45..5mg

May 2014 42mg. Jun'14 40mg (depressive mood started). Aug'14 -40mg/ started brintellix 2.5mg

Oct '14 -39 Nov'14 36.89 Dec'14 34.45

Jan 2015- 31 Feb'15 29mg. Mar'15 26.72. Apr'15 24.48. May'15 22.31mg. Jun'15 20.30mg

Aug'15-18.89. Oct'15 16.96. Nov/16- 16.10. Dec/15- 15mg

Jan 2016-14.22. May'16 11.45. Aug'16-9.60. Sep/16- 8.88mg. Oct/16- 8.39mg. Nov/16- 8.13. Dec/16- 7.89

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for staying in touch and for updating Trouper. Its good to hear you have improved so much and are continuing to get better.

I recently started taking inositol and am finding it helpful, but as you wrote, its a little hard to be sure because healing could be happening anyway. How much do you take and when do you take it?

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

thank you, petu! i've been in a wave for over a week now so of course i forget the progress i've made. 

my doctor had me slowly titrate inositol by taking 1/4 tsp (600mg) every 5 days. i didn't get to my desired dosage of 4.5 tsp for 3 months. i dropped down to 3 tsp about 3 months ago and that is where i've been. i take it before i go to bed.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Trouper, sorry you are in a wave, I know what you mean about them making you forget progress, it happens to me every time, I completely lose perspective. Its only when the wave passes I can look back and say "Oh! that was a wave"

I hope this one passes quickly.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

thank you, petu!

how is the inositol going for you? are you still taking l-theanine? i take l-theanine when needed. 

• 2 weeks later...

i thought that i should balance out my posts by writing when I'm in a wave. i had a bad migraine christmas eve which lingered for a few days and i've been in this long wave since. it hasn't been too severe but i've definitely been visited by symptoms that i haven't seen in awhile and had hoped were gone, plus i've been waking up with depression everyday again. the longer the wave goes on, the more the window fades away and i start to feel that this is the new norm. neuro-emotions still get to me, too. all of my insecurities and negative emotions are still exaggerated, which doesn't make anything easy. 

my bad migraine was caused by hormones. i had a lot of fluctuations in my hormones last month and I'm not sure if it's from healing, stopping birth control 7 months ago, or perimenopause. i haven't had symptoms from pm yet, but maybe this is it.

i reread my last update and i misspoke – my total sleep ranges from 4-8.5 hrs these days, but the average is about 6-7.. this isn't solid sleep and 4 and 8.5 hours are both rare.

• 2 months later...

i had my 3 year med free anniversary a few days ago. as it goes, i am slowly getting better in all areas. as i read back on my thread, i can see my sleep pattern seems to be about the same, but the severity has improved. i still get periods of fitful sleep and wakefulness, but they are happening less often. morning dread continues to lighten up to become "meh" mornings. i still get visits of higher adrenaline in the morning from time to time, but it's much better as well. i still get zaps every morning, but even those seem to be a bit lighter. physically, i still struggle with palpitations and feeling sick for a little bit if i eat too much sugar, sit in a warm area too long, or exercise a little too hard and sometimes for no reason. mentally i have been having better control over my emotions and feeling less like i have a mood disorder. i still get hiccups but it sure is nice to think more rationally again. i think i finally reached a place where my symptoms are more of a nuisance than debilitating. i hesitate to say that since as recent as january, i got a new difficult neuro-emotion i had to deal with for about a month. my pattern has been that i get hit with a new symptom (physical or mental) after i hit a good window.. kind of like my body is taking a breather before it starts on something new. I'm not sure how long this pattern will continue but i hope it lets up soon.

in recent improvements, my last wave lasted about 3 months and when it lifted a week ago, i was greeted with the desire to travel again. over the last 7 months or so the desire has been slowly increasing, but there was still this black cloud overhead filled with lingering apprehension and fear. the desire to travel left when wd started, so this is huge as my pre-wd self loved to travel. also, a few months ago my brain fog and other cognitive issues greatly improved as well. since the new year i have been able to take on a new hobby and feel my life slowly going back to normal. i still have a good amount of room for improvement in several areas but the lifting of the mental symptoms makes things so much more bearable.

I'm so glad you are sharing your progress. Good to hear people healing instead of the opposite. It helps the rest of strive and work harder to achieve what you have. Congrats

Started Effexor August 2012 Sept'12-150mg=extreme anxiety Oct'12 cut half-75mg severe wds

Feb 2013 68.5mg. Mar'13- 65mg. Apr'13-59mg. May'13-57mg. June '13-52mg Aug'13 49.75mg.

Sep'13-48.75. Nov'13-47mg Dec'13-45..5mg

May 2014 42mg. Jun'14 40mg (depressive mood started). Aug'14 -40mg/ started brintellix 2.5mg

Oct '14 -39 Nov'14 36.89 Dec'14 34.45

Jan 2015- 31 Feb'15 29mg. Mar'15 26.72. Apr'15 24.48. May'15 22.31mg. Jun'15 20.30mg

Aug'15-18.89. Oct'15 16.96. Nov/16- 16.10. Dec/15- 15mg

Jan 2016-14.22. May'16 11.45. Aug'16-9.60. Sep/16- 8.88mg. Oct/16- 8.39mg. Nov/16- 8.13. Dec/16- 7.89

thanks lexy! i am in a window, so my update is a bit more positive than it would have been a week ago, but i think it's good for me to note the good things so when i feel bad i can look back and see that i am improving. it seems my noticeable improvements have happened after i finish a bad or long wave. i try to remind myself this when I'm in the thick of it. i hope you are hanging in there and are having better days. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Good job, trouper!

• 4 years later...

hello! it has been over 4 years since i last updated and 7 years since i got off zoloft and started going through severe discontinuation syndrome. i can say that i now live a mostly normal and active life, have a full time job, have enjoyable moments, and i'm handling stressful situations normally again. sadly, i have residual symptoms that i'm starting to doubt will ever go away since it's now been over 7 years. i wish i had better news there but at 7 years, i'm used to it and just accept it as a part of my life now. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi trouper, that's great news.  Thanks for updating us on how you are.

It would be really helpful if you would create your drug signature so that members can see at a glance what drug/s you were on and how you got off it/them.  Thank you.

please-summarize-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

it's been over 7 years now and these are the symptoms i still have:

frequent headaches

brain fog: trouble finding my words, concentrating

feeling exhausted, crappy and having weird palpitations after i exercise, and sometimes for no reason

insomnia/waking with anxiety or dread

chronic dry eyes and dry mouth

waves of anxiety and depression

mood swings (weepiness/emotional, grumpy, etc)

brain zaps

lack of motivation

my waves have always been and still are 2.5 - 3 months long and then i will have a window for about 2 days where i feel practically normal. i get hopeful it will stick but then i go back into a wave. i was under the impression that i am still healing and things would still continue to get better but i am starting to feel that may not be the case. i read autonomic dysregulation in people with CFS is usually permanent with symptoms after 8 years. i'm wondering if there are success stories for long timers like me who continued to get better with similar symptoms after 7 years. i know alto healed later but wasn't sure of her symptoms. of course i'd love to feel hopeful again but also want to come to terms if this is permanent. i know only time will tell but i'd still like to hear how long timers are doing for more severe cases, either way. should i compare to CFS or Fibromyalgia or is what we have different?

i wanted to add that i feel like crap a lot but it is usually mild so life is still livable and i'm mostly used to it. i usually don't notice it if i'm distracted unless it is more severe. having windows and feeling "normal" again is bittersweet since it is amazing to feel good again, but it is also a tease since it doesn't stay long. i really hope one day i will have more than 10 days a year of feeling that way. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to ☼ trouper prolonged Zoloft / sertraline withdrawal
  • Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for adding your drug signature.  Could you please add the dose you last took?  Thanks.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

sorry, i don't have that information. i nor my psych at the time knew about discontinuation syndrome and i was just slicing pills until i was done and enduring the withdrawal thinking i was ripping off the bandage. i was hoping that i was slowing healing but my w/d got really bad 6 months later.  i found this site too late to make corrections.

• 3 years later...

@trouper, it’s been a few more years. I’m curious if you started traveling again. I hope you are well :)

Prozac: 2014: July 25, 10mg, 2021: September/October, 0
Lexapro: 2021: September/October, 10mg, June, 5mg, July, 0

Sertraline: 2021: June 17, 50mg, 2022: February 14, 25mg, April 6, 12.5mg, April, 16, 0, July 31-August 5, 25mg, August 6, 0

Buspar: 2022: February 22, 5mg, April 6, 0, August 6-9, 5mg, August 14, 5mg, August 15, 5mg, August 20-21, 5mg

Mitrazapine: 2022: August 1, 7.5, August 2, 7.5, August 3, 0

Trazodone: 2022, August 3, 50mg, August 4, 0

Seroquel: 2022, August 4, 50mg, August 6, 50mg, August 14, 25mg

Klonipin: 2022: August 5-11, 2022: August 11-Present

Celexa: 2022, August 10-14, 5mg, 2022: August 16, 2.5mg