Zoe

Let's pray for one another

ChessieCat

I don't have a direct response to johnson at this time, but when searching for something to post to this member I found a series on suffering which is well worth listening to and I pray that SA members might find it as helpful and edifying as I have:

making-sense-of-suffering-natural-disasters-part-1

making-sense-of-suffering-natural-disasters-part-2

making-sense-of-suffering-natural-disasters-part-3

johnson

Thanks Chessiecat. I’m not trying to insult anyone or their beliefs or start a conflict. I’m just trying to make sense of things. And am hoping for something constructive and positive. Thanks. 

ChessieCat

Hi johnson,

I could tell by the way you worded your original post that you are asking in a genuine way.  I do want to respond to you but want to compile it so as to give you a complete response.

ChessieCat
Posted (edited)

Hi Johnson, this is a link to an explanation:  https://bible.org/article/why-there-suffering

And this is how to become a Christian.  It's as simple as repenting, which is acknowledging that we are a sinner (born with a sin nature), and believing/having faith that Jesus, who was sinless, paid the penalty for our sin, the penalty which we rightly deserved.

On 11/13/2017 at 2:36 PM, ChessieCat said:

We have to remember that we live by faith, not feelings.  In withdrawal our feelings can be non existent or all over the place.

I searched for how do I know that I am saved on YouTube last night and found some bridge diagram videos.  I considered this one the best of what I watched because it includes lots of Biblical references and includes them on the screen.  I found that pausing to read them was better than not knowing how long it would remain on the screen and trying to read it too quickly but not thoroughly.

Edited by ChessieCat

johnson

Thanks for your reply chessiecat. But here is my problem with religion. I’ll use Christianity as an example to help you understand what I’m saying.  But all religions are at fault for the same flaw. So I am not Christian. I was not born into a Christian family. I had no choice what or who I was born into. Neither do the other 5 billion non Christians in this world. According to Christianity if I and the other 5 billion non Christians on this earth want to be ‘saved’ and go to heaven we all must be baptized in a church. Otherwise we won’t be ‘saved’ and won’t go to heaven. Does that make sense? Does that sound fair? Would a loving God do that to his people who were born non Christian and had no choice what religion they were born into? Does that mean we will go to hell for an eternity? Why would a loving God do that?

johnson

Chessie I just want to make it clear I’m not attacking you in anyway. These are just questions/thoughts I have. And they’ve gone unanswered. Thanks. 

ChessieCat
7 hours ago, johnson said:

Chessie I just want to make it clear I’m not attacking you in anyway. These are just questions/thoughts I have. And they’ve gone unanswered. Thanks. 

I am quite happy for you to ask questions. ☺️

On 9/13/2018 at 1:53 PM, johnson said:

According to Christianity if I and the other 5 billion non Christians on this earth want to be ‘saved’ and go to heaven we all must be baptized in a church. Otherwise we won’t be ‘saved’ and won’t go to heaven.

I think this is where your confusion is coming from.

This video will explain it much better than me trying to put it into words.  And this booklet may help:  

http://media.wretchedradio.com/downloads/Dont_Stub_Your_Toe.pdf

And if you still have questions, please feel free to ask them.

johnson

Thanks for your reply Chessie.

SummerRain

This provides another perspective:

https://cac.org/universal-restoration-2018-09-13/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2018-09-15%20DM&utm_content=2018-09-15%20DM+CID_abbc00ce78604a6a4e58617111af0a16&utm_source=Campaign%20Monitor%20Google%20Analytics&utm_term=Thursday

I believe God does love everyone regardless of faith or background. We each have our own individual journey to take and have something to offer others in their journey. I believe ultimately we will all find ourselves in the embrace of God, who loves unconditionally and eternally, to a degree that we cannot even (as humans) imagine. x

SummerRain

imagine the greatest love you could have for someone and multiply by infinity - that is God's love for all of us. If we would always want the best for those we truly love and be ready to forgive and protect them, imagine how much God wants the best for us and forgives and protects us.

ChessieCat
6 hours ago, SummerRain said:

I believe ultimately we will all find ourselves in the embrace of God, who loves unconditionally and eternally

If this is what you believe then your eternal life is at stake.  Please take a moment to read the following:

God is love, but he is also a just God.

Q:  Why should we think God has a less sense of justice than mankind?

God is loving, but that’s not all He is; He’s also a good judge.

Q:  Should a loving human judge allow criminals to go free?

Of course not.  If we, with our finite justice system, think it’s necessary to punish criminals in civil court, how much more should an infinite God judge our crimes, our sins against Him?

Ask yourself the million dollar question:

Q:  Will you go to Heaven when you die?

Here’s a quick test:

Q:  Have you ever told a lie, stolen anything, or used God’s name in vain (eg OMG)?

Q:  Have you looked with lust?  (Which is adultery of the heart in God’s eyes)

THE BAD NEWS:

If you’ve done these things you will stand before God as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart.  And no amount of good works can make up for past crimes.  The Bible warns that your punishment will be in a place called Hell.

THE GOOD NEWS:

However God is not willing that any should perish, which is why He sent His Son to suffer and die on the cross.  Sinners broke God’s Law, but Jesus paid their fine.  That means He can legally forgive your sins: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”  Then He rose from the dead and defeated death.

Tomorrow is not guaranteed.  Repent from sin today and trust in Jesus Christ alone for salvation, and God will forgive you and grant you the free gift of everlasting life.

Text thanks to:  https://www.livingwaters.com/

AND this video:  

SummerRain

Hi ChessieCat, I do believe we need to repent from our sins and that we are saved by faith. However, I also believe that God will help all of us to do this - some in a more roundabout way than others. God us just but also merciful.

AbbyElfie

From experience I too believe deeply that everyone will come to the direct experience of God, whether in this life or another. Our sense of time and space is only relative, we can't see beyond it but in reality we just need to realise we're already saved. There is nothing ultimately separate from God, all else is illusion. So he appears to everybody in different ways and through different gateways. 

I will pray for those here in meditation today. May I ask that you pray for me also, that I will have the strength, courage and wisdom to survive future waves. That my spirit guide me to my purpose in this life and move through me in the best possible way. And that I find the right people and conditions for healing, so that I can be of most service to others. Thank you x

Rezten

Hi,

I am a firm believer in the healing power of prayer.  I pray for everyone on this site daily.  I pray for healing, comfort and peace.  God Bless Everyone 

ChessieCat

I've just watched the new documentary called "American Gospel".  It is well worth watching.  It is available on Vimeo for a small rental fee (US $5, I think and $7 AUS) for 48 hour access.  They are hoping to make more documentaries.  There are some trailers on YouTube

Rezten

Thank you! God Bless you.