Let's pray for one another

Zoe

27 minutes ago, Pollyjay said:

Now it's my turn to need prayers. I just can't stop crying. I'm exhausted from it. Our son isn't feeling well - very down and depressed due to his epilepsy issues. I'm so worried that he'll end up on these medications. I'm just scared to death for him. I feel like my nerves will never recover.

Then today, I had to deal with some paperwork regarding my Dad's will and the probate/estate settlement back home in England.  It's such a long process and every time I have to think about it I break down and get so anxious. I don't know when I'll ever get strong enough to handle it all without falling apart. I miss my parents so much! 

Chlo, are you doing better with the crying. I just can't seem to get a grip at all.

Please pray that God will give me more strength to get through all this worry and grief. 

Thank you.

Oh Polly, I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time today. I am and have been praying for you. Yesterday and today have been hard for me as well. Worrying about our boys can trigger so much anxiety and fear. 

Our God is so much bigger than all our worries and problems. 

One of the Savior's most comforting promises is found in Matthew 11:28–30: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. “For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

It seems like you and I are going through a lot of the same worries. 

My son's girlfriend will be leaving for college this fall, which is 1600 miles from us and he is already depressed from losing his father. I pray this doesn't put him deeper into depression. 

He blames God for not saving his father. 

Also...I have been going through my desk getting rid of my father's paper work from when he passed 2 years ago, and now my husband's paperwork as well. Coming across both of their death certificates triggered me. 

I have such a hard time looking at and dealing with this kind of stuff. Yes, we have to deal with this kind of stuff to get passed it, but like you said, it puts out cns in a world wind. 

And....guess what, WE WILL RECOVER!!! We haven't come all this way for nothing. We are STRONGER than we think. FATHER, SON, AND HOLY SPIRIT is right beside and within us every step of the way. 

What plans God has in store for us!! And the testimony we will have!! 

I look forward to coming to visit you some day when we both are recovered. Wouldn't it be nice if all of us that support each other on the forum to have a weekend retreat in the future ❤ I love you, my friend! BIG HUGS!!

Chlo❤

•Celexa 40mg 1999-2021•COVID August 2021•Celexa stopped working•Zoloft 100mg Sept21'-Oct21'•Zoloft did not work •Lexapro 10mg Oct21'-Nov21'

•Lexapro did not work

•Lexapro 5mg Nov21'-1/17/22 switched to Lexapro liquid form 5mg 1/18/22•4.75mg 1/19•4.5mg 1/25•4.25mg 2/1•4.0mg 2/8

•3.75mg 3/28•3.5mg 5/23

•3.25mg 5/30•3.0mg 6/19

•2.75mg 6/26•2.50mg 7/10•2.45mg 7/18•2.40mg 7/25•2.35mg 8/1•2.33mg 8/26•2.27mg 9/15•2.21mg 9/23•2.16mg 9/30•2.10mg 10/14•2.04mg 10/24•1.99mg 11/18•1.95mg 1/02/23•1.90mg 1/09•1.80mg 1/27•1.75mg 2/21•1.70mg 3/6•1.65mg3/14•1.60mg 4/07•1.52mg 4/30•1.48mg 5/07•1.40mg 6/08•1.36mg 6/17•1.32mg 6/27•1.28mg 7/17•1.20mg 8/18•1.15mg 9/13•1.12mg 10/15•1.06mg 1/20/24•1.02mg 2/16•1mg 2/27•.98mg 3/02•.96mg3/20•D3•C•

•Magnesium Glycinate

Zinc•Omega3•Probiotic

•Mirtazapine 15mg

I don't know much, but 3 things I do. There is a God. His word is true. Stay close to Him and He will bring you through. Amen🙏

14 hours ago, Chlo said:

Oh Polly, I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time today. I am and have been praying for you. Yesterday and today have been hard for me as well. Worrying about our boys can trigger so much anxiety and fear. 

Our God is so much bigger than all our worries and problems. 

One of the Savior's most comforting promises is found in Matthew 11:28–30: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. “For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

It seems like you and I are going through a lot of the same worries. 

My son's girlfriend will be leaving for college this fall, which is 1600 miles from us and he is already depressed from losing his father. I pray this doesn't put him deeper into depression. 

He blames God for not saving his father. 

Also...I have been going through my desk getting rid of my father's paper work from when he passed 2 years ago, and now my husband's paperwork as well. Coming across both of their death certificates triggered me. 

I have such a hard time looking at and dealing with this kind of stuff. Yes, we have to deal with this kind of stuff to get passed it, but like you said, it puts out cns in a world wind. 

And....guess what, WE WILL RECOVER!!! We haven't come all this way for nothing. We are STRONGER than we think. FATHER, SON, AND HOLY SPIRIT is right beside and within us every step of the way. 

What plans God has in store for us!! And the testimony we will have!! 

I look forward to coming to visit you some day when we both are recovered. Wouldn't it be nice if all of us that support each other on the forum to have a weekend retreat in the future ❤ I love you, my friend! BIG HUGS!!

Thank you so much, Chlo. Yesterday was horrible. Today I'm a bit better. Gosh, you've had some terrible losses within such a short time. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not the only one. And that I'll eventually be able to get past it and live life normally again. I'm sorry that you're having a tough time too. I pray for your son and his girlfriend. I hope he's able to handle her leaving. It's going to be hard on him.

Yes, I wish we all could be closer and meet in person.  Maybe one day.

I love you too, and keep you in my prayers. 

(((Hugs)))

Pollyjay

65 y/o Female

Current meds:

Started:26 February, Propranolol 5 mg 8am and 8 pm

Started: 11 March 2022, Ativan : 0 .25mg 1pm and 9pm

Off Seroquel since early October 2022

Off Lunesta since early September 2022 

Other meds: Levothyroxine 50mcg with extra 25mcg Mon. Wed. Fri.

14 hours ago, Moonpie said:

@PollyjayPraying for you right now!!!

Thank you Moonpie! It's so much appreciated.

I hope you are doing well.

((hugs))) to you!

65 y/o Female

Current meds:

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I'm in a terrible way. Just distraught and can't stop crying. 

Our son was home for the first time since he moved out to start his job in Florida. We had a lovely weekend with him. It was so good to have him home. 

However, on Friday he had an appointment with his neurologist at Johns Hopkins due to having the seizure while driving last month. They did a brain scan but it was normal. There was no indication of any seizure activity. So they can't say for sure exactly what happened. -The hospital he was taken to at the time didn't do a scan. 

What I'm so upset about though is that our son is so scared that it will happen again he talked to the neurologist about medication - in his mind, he thinks it would be a safety net. As I wrote in earlier posts his epilepsy has been well controlled by diet for the last ten years. Anyway to cut a long story short, she prescribed Lamictal.  She advised him to take it for two years starting at 5 mg and working up to 100mg.  I had him come here and look at stories of people who are tapering Lamictal. It gave him pause but he said the doc also told him that he may not be able to get his license back unless he's on medication. If that's the case, then there's no other option.

The thought of him going on the med and all that comes with it  has sent me into a tailspin of panic and anxiety again.  -He doesn't know. I managed to hold together until he left this morning. I'm just beside myself.

I wish I knew how to let go put it in Gods hands.

Please pray that I can find some peace of mind. Was doing so much better but I'm a basket case right now.  

Thank you.

65 y/o Female

Current meds:

• Mentor
7 minutes ago, Pollyjay said:

Please pray that I can find some peace of mind. Was doing so much better but I'm a basket case right now.  

Prayers going out to you, Polly.  Remember, there's always a reason things happen they way they do.  Maybe the kernel you planted in your son's mind about the hazards of meds will grow and he'll find an alternative.  If he has to take it to restore his license, it may not be forever, and he'll have his independence back. Sending you and your son prayers!

Tim C

Started Paxil for GAD in 1999

Unsuccessful taper attempt in 2006

Paxilprogress helped with a successful taper completed in 2009

Using therapy and CBT to manage my anxiety

14 minutes ago, Pollyjay said:

Guys, I'm in a terrible way. Just distraught and can't stop crying. 

Our son was home for the first time since he moved out to start his job in Florida. We had a lovely weekend with him. It was so good to have him home. 

However, on Friday he had an appointment with his neurologist at Johns Hopkins due to having the seizure while driving last month. They did a brain scan but it was normal. There was no indication of any seizure activity. So they can't say for sure exactly what happened. -The hospital he was taken to at the time didn't do a scan. 

What I'm so upset about though is that our son is so scared that it will happen again he talked to the neurologist about medication - in his mind, he thinks it would be a safety net. As I wrote in earlier posts his epilepsy has been well controlled by diet for the last ten years. Anyway to cut a long story short, she prescribed Lamictal.  She advised him to take it for two years starting at 5 mg and working up to 100mg.  I had him come here and look at stories of people who are tapering Lamictal. It gave him pause but he said the doc also told him that he may not be able to get his license back unless he's on medication. If that's the case, then there's no other option.

The thought of him going on the med and all that comes with it  has sent me into a tailspin of panic and anxiety again.  -He doesn't know. I managed to hold together until he left this morning. I'm just beside myself.

I wish I knew how to let go put it in Gods hands.

Thank you.

I'm praying for you sweetheart. As hard as it seems, we have to hand it over to God. Just keep giving it to him throughout the day and night. And keep reminding yourself that this too shall pass. Love and hugs ❤

Chlo❤

•Celexa 40mg 1999-2021•COVID August 2021•Celexa stopped working•Zoloft 100mg Sept21'-Oct21'•Zoloft did not work •Lexapro 10mg Oct21'-Nov21'

•Lexapro did not work

•Lexapro 5mg Nov21'-1/17/22 switched to Lexapro liquid form 5mg 1/18/22•4.75mg 1/19•4.5mg 1/25•4.25mg 2/1•4.0mg 2/8

•3.75mg 3/28•3.5mg 5/23

•3.25mg 5/30•3.0mg 6/19

•2.75mg 6/26•2.50mg 7/10•2.45mg 7/18•2.40mg 7/25•2.35mg 8/1•2.33mg 8/26•2.27mg 9/15•2.21mg 9/23•2.16mg 9/30•2.10mg 10/14•2.04mg 10/24•1.99mg 11/18•1.95mg 1/02/23•1.90mg 1/09•1.80mg 1/27•1.75mg 2/21•1.70mg 3/6•1.65mg3/14•1.60mg 4/07•1.52mg 4/30•1.48mg 5/07•1.40mg 6/08•1.36mg 6/17•1.32mg 6/27•1.28mg 7/17•1.20mg 8/18•1.15mg 9/13•1.12mg 10/15•1.06mg 1/20/24•1.02mg 2/16•1mg 2/27•.98mg 3/02•.96mg3/20•D3•C•

•Magnesium Glycinate

Zinc•Omega3•Probiotic

•Mirtazapine 15mg

I don't know much, but 3 things I do. There is a God. His word is true. Stay close to Him and He will bring you through. Amen🙏

@Pollyjay

Off course will pray for your peace of mind PJ. 
But will also pray for wisdom from the medics. 
And peace for the lad. 
I have a Gp friend who has taken Lamactil for many years without any problems. 
That doesn’t mean I like seeing folk on psychotropic meds, but I took it in bereavement (not in my signature sorry)—-I had no adverse reaction or difficulty coming off it. 

OD 

My Intro topic.  Was Dickie in FB gabapentinoids 

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

2020 June Stopped Pregabalin 150 at night using Ashton Method Some holds. 

2021 December Stopped Mirtazipine 15 using Ashton Method. (Slower at end). 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Oxazepam 10mg.STOPPED 10th FEB 2022  “Rescue dose x 2 in 2 months. 

Buccastem 3mg less than 1 a month for nausea. 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

@Chlo @Pollyjay

Desr Heavenly Father, I’m lifting up in prayer Clo and Pollyjay. Lord, both are hurting in so many ways. I pray for ease of their suffering right now. I pray for calm in their hearts and minds. I ask the Holy Spirit to fill them with an abundance of hope. 
lord, watch over Pollyjay’s son. Wrap your mighty strength around him and protect him from the seizures that bind him. In your holy name we pray. 
amen. 

PREVIOUS

2018 Ativan 1mg Oct-Jan (CT), 2019 Effexor 75mg, Klonopin .25mg, Trazadone 75mg, Bridge to Prozac (?dose), 2020 Taper off all, 2021 Zoloft (?dose), Jan-May (CT @ Hospital), Remeron (?dose) Trazadone 75mg, Propanolol (?dose), Klonopin .50mg, Buspar (?dose),

2021 Prozac (?dose), Trazadone 75mg, Klonopin 2 times a day, 2021 August fast taper Trazadone  Prozac fast taper in August. August Lexapro 10mg

2022 January  Lexapro to 25mg, February FT to 10mg Lexapro over 6 weeks, Klonopin .25mg 2 times a day, May Effexor 35mg, June bridge from Effexor to 30mg Cymbalta. Held on Lexapro until November.

supplements  2023  Jan Probiotics stopped taking after two weeks ADR April 1k Iu Vitamin D W/ K stopped after a few days ADR. March 50mg Mag glycinate stopped after a week ADR

January 2023added an additional .25 mg Klonopin (.25 mg three times a day)

CURRENT

1/23-Present Klonopin .75mg divided into .25mg 3 times a day. 6:30am, 12:00pm, 6:30pm 

1/23Present Lexapro .101 mgpw - 8.08 mgai 8:00am

1/23-Present Estradiol .50mg 8:00am

1/23-Present 30mg Cymbalta 12:30pm

6/23 to present Holding no changes 7/4 reduced Lexapro to 7.92mg 7/31 7.84mg 8/7 7.76mg 7/14 7.60mg 10/1 7.44mg 10/28 7.36mg 2/1 7.12mg 2/14 7.04mg 3/5/24 6.88mg 3/12 6.80mg

57 minutes ago, OldDodgy said:

@Pollyjay

Off course will pray for your peace of mind PJ. 
But will also pray for wisdom from the medics. 
And peace for the lad. 
I have a Gp friend who has taken Lamactil for many years without any problems. 
That doesn’t mean I like seeing folk on psychotropic meds, but I took it in bereavement (not in my signature sorry)—-I had no adverse reaction or difficulty coming off it. 

OD 

Thank you so much, OldDodgy. I'm glad you and your friend had no problems with it. That helps.

It's only natural that he's so scared. Especially since it happened while driving. He also has a tendency toward depression to begin with so I know he struggles. I'm just afraid that going on medication will open a whole new can of worms. 

I think if my CNS wasn't already so fractured I wouldn't be in such a state.  Of course him having to leave again so soon isn't helping. 

Your prayers for us are so much appreciated.

65 y/o Female

Current meds:

2 hours ago, mstimc said:

Prayers going out to you, Polly.  Remember, there's always a reason things happen they way they do.  Maybe the kernel you planted in your son's mind about the hazards of meds will grow and he'll find an alternative.  If he has to take it to restore his license, it may not be forever, and he'll have his independence back. Sending you and your son prayers!

Thanks mstimc. He was put on meds when he was first diagnosed at 19yo. He was a zombie on them. A friend who's a chemist told me, "I helped make those medications, please try to find an alternative, I wouldn't want those drugs in my son's body!" That's when I discovered Johns Hopkins and the diet they've been using for over 100 years! I emailed them and they responded immediately inviting us to take him up there to be evaluated for it.  There's actually a very good movie about it: First Do No Harm starring Meryl Streep.  

I keep reminding him that the only time he's had seizures is when he's gone off the diet, once 5 years ago when they decided to have him increase the carbs and this time when he'd taken to eating out. What he thought was just plain chicken breast had 16g of carbs! They must marinate it in something sweet. But now he's worried that stress ( from the tornado ) is what caused it and maybe the diet won't hold up if he's under stress in the future.

I have to let it be his decision, but it's killing me.  

65 y/o Female

Current meds:

2 hours ago, Ninabird said:

@Chlo @Pollyjay

Desr Heavenly Father, I’m lifting up in prayer Clo and Pollyjay. Lord, both are hurting in so many ways. I pray for ease of their suffering right now. I pray for calm in their hearts and minds. I ask the Holy Spirit to fill them with an abundance of hope. 
lord, watch over Pollyjay’s son. Wrap your mighty strength around him and protect him from the seizures that bind him. In your holy name we pray. 
amen. 

I appreciate your prayer so much, Ninabird! Thank you! Chlo is going through so much too!

65 y/o Female

Current meds:

2 hours ago, Chlo said:

I'm praying for you sweetheart. As hard as it seems, we have to hand it over to God. Just keep giving it to him throughout the day and night. And keep reminding yourself that this too shall pass. Love and hugs ❤

Love and hugs to you too,Chlo! I've been laying here crying all day with the Bible on my chest. My MIL says that always helps her through bad times.

65 y/o Female

Current meds:

15 minutes ago, Pollyjay said:

I appreciate your prayer so much, Ninabird! Thank you! Chlo is going through so much too!

Chlo, 

Im praying hard for you as well. 🙏🏻
WD is an absolute beast. I’m trying so hard to accept what IS but as of this moment, I’m not doing so well. 
If WD was an object I’d smash it to a million pieces then I’d scatter the pieces to the wind and curse them as they flew away into oblivion. It’s so much easier imagining that scenario than accepting this storm raging in my head and mind. 
mom here for anyone who wants to vent or just to listen. I’m good at both. 

God himself will fight for you. Just be still. 
Ex 14:14

NB 

(Chrissy)

PREVIOUS

2018 Ativan 1mg Oct-Jan (CT), 2019 Effexor 75mg, Klonopin .25mg, Trazadone 75mg, Bridge to Prozac (?dose), 2020 Taper off all, 2021 Zoloft (?dose), Jan-May (CT @ Hospital), Remeron (?dose) Trazadone 75mg, Propanolol (?dose), Klonopin .50mg, Buspar (?dose),

2021 Prozac (?dose), Trazadone 75mg, Klonopin 2 times a day, 2021 August fast taper Trazadone  Prozac fast taper in August. August Lexapro 10mg

2022 January  Lexapro to 25mg, February FT to 10mg Lexapro over 6 weeks, Klonopin .25mg 2 times a day, May Effexor 35mg, June bridge from Effexor to 30mg Cymbalta. Held on Lexapro until November.

supplements  2023  Jan Probiotics stopped taking after two weeks ADR April 1k Iu Vitamin D W/ K stopped after a few days ADR. March 50mg Mag glycinate stopped after a week ADR

CURRENT

1/23-Present Klonopin .75mg divided into .25mg 3 times a day. 6:30am, 12:00pm, 6:30pm 

6/23 to present Holding no changes 7/4 reduced Lexapro to 7.92mg 7/31 7.84mg 8/7 7.76mg 7/14 7.60mg 10/1 7.44mg 10/28 7.36mg 2/1 7.12mg 2/14 7.04mg 3/5/24 6.88mg 3/12 6.80mg

1 hour ago, Ninabird said:

Chlo, 

Im praying hard for you as well. 🙏🏻
WD is an absolute beast. I’m trying so hard to accept what IS but as of this moment, I’m not doing so well. 
If WD was an object I’d smash it to a million pieces then I’d scatter the pieces to the wind and curse them as they flew away into oblivion. It’s so much easier imagining that scenario than accepting this storm raging in my head and mind. 
mom here for anyone who wants to vent or just to listen. I’m good at both. 

God himself will fight for you. Just be still. 
Ex 14:14

NB 

(Chrissy)

Oh Ninabird, I'm so sorry you are also going through a hard time. I just prayed for you. I wish we could all reach out and touch each other. 

I'm having to "just be still" . Today, every time I try to do something I fall apart. I go outside and my husband holds me tight while I bawl my eyes out then come back in and just lay here. I'm exhausted from crying. I hope tomorrow is better. Appetite is zilch again. 

65 y/o Female

Current meds:

50 minutes ago, Pollyjay said:

I wish we could all reach out and touch each other. 

I have no problem messaging you my phone number. We could pray via FaceTime. It’s up to you and I will not be offended if you would rather not. We all could use as much human connection as possible. 

Question for you, when you say “ just be still….” I think I know what you mean. This afternoon I’ve been zooming around my house doing a few loads of laundry, vacuuming, dusting and then I start to get this burning sensation in my head that symptom to me tells me to sit or else. The last few hours have been tolerable. My head is burning, slight headache, ears ringing, tummy feels tight, but what I’m having a difficult time putting into words is my other symptom… it feels like an anxiety hangover. I have this anxiety-like buzzing in my body. Like it’s on “simmer.” 
I’m so thankful that you have your husband to give you those tight hugs. You are loved. 

Wouldn’t it be great if there was a service like Grubhub or Doordash where instead of food you could order hugs. I’d have a frequent hugger punch card. There is nothing like a good hug. 

Tomorrow I take my dog to the vet. She has surgery to remove a non-cancerous lipoma from her hind leg. She’s my baby ( a 95lb Rottweiler) and I’m trying not to get myself too worried. 

can you drink a protein smoothie? I blend green smoothies every morning to get the good stuff in me. When I’m not hungry I force myself and chug it. Have you tried those? It’s so important to eat. Even if it’s little bites throughout the day. 

im going to

add you and chlo to my Bible study prayers. I hope that’s ok. 

May God hold you in HIS tight embrace. 

PREVIOUS

CURRENT

• Mentor
6 hours ago, Pollyjay said:

They did a brain scan but it was normal. There was no indication of any seizure activity

@Pollyjay I am so very sorry you are having such a horrible time.  As hard as it is to see right now, the test results are such a blessing.  Evidence that God is watching over him and working. Somehow when we are suffering so we see this but the emotions suck away the peace that is there. 

6 hours ago, Pollyjay said:

Anyway to cut a long story short, she prescribed Lamictal.  She advised him to take it for two years starting at 5 mg and working up to 100mg.

I know this is distressing. I have a teenage grandchild that was put on a medication and it scares us knowing what all of us have experienced.  Can he get a second opinion?  Is there a dr. that offers an alternative? He does he HAVE to work up to the larger dose? Maybe he won't need to. Just throwing thoughts out there. I hope that is okay.    Also he may be one of the ones that has no problems.  But should he ever decide to go off he has you and all of us here at SA to help him so his journey is easier. 

I am not a dr. but it sounds like going off the carb diet trigger his seizure.  

I know it is hard for you to see him leave.  When my daughter left to go back overseas I had not cried that hard in a long time.  But they crying eased my pain. 

As you write I can feel your pain and overwhelming anxiety.  I have been there as have others here.  In fact mine was last week.  

Something that helped me once when one of my children was across the US and was supposed to call me at a certain time.  (She was about the same age as your son)  I was so distraught. I couldn't sleep, I cried I prayed, and all at once the Lord touched my heart and said, "I see her. I know right where she is and I am watching over her."  

One of the hardest things for a parent to do sometime is to give their adult child to God.  Their safety, their choices, everything.  They are His anyway. But He loves and cares for them far more than we ever could (hard to imagine isn't it?).  He created them and had a plan for their life.  He can keep them safe far better than we could even if we kept them by our side 24/7.  This has always eased my distress about my children when they are so far away.   I hope it brings you some comfort. And yes without a doubt WD puts it up to a notch that isn't even on the charts. 

There are things I struggle giving to God not just my children.  Then I realize He already has it, it is just me holding on to a burden that I was never meant to carry and is far to heavy for me. That's why it is so painful even if we weren't in WD. And even if we don't FEEL like we are giving it to Him out of obedience we can say we are. Then as time goes on we will be able to let go.  I used to say I would lay it on the alter and give it to God then take it back with claw marks.  When ponder it how strange I think I can do anything about something that I have no power over. 

I did this last week.  One of my daughters told me about it and it did help. I lay in bed and played the audio Bible of the Psalms.  It was so comforting. It eased the intensity of the anxiety. And I find myself saying yes and nodding in agreement to the scriptures that were there for me and what I was facing.  

Praying for you.  HUGS    I sent you a PM

1. .025 Xanax 3 x daily  Start date 10-13-2013 through 8-13-2014.  Started tapering 6-2014 to 8-2014.  Some small discomfort. 25 mg Zoloft - Start date 5-1-2014.  50mg. 6-2014.  through 7-14-2014 .  Started tapering  7-14-2014, stopped tapering 10-2014.  I did 1/4 of the dose a month.  small discomfort.  These next 3 were prescribed when I made some seriously bad choices with my thyroid medication.  Was in ER twice for possible heart attack.  INTENSE anxiety, panic, fear.   Lost 30 pounds in 2 weeks.  Thyroid levels bounced to extremes for 8 months. Dr. prescribed Zoloft 50mg  9-2105.  After 2 doses had a bad reaction passed out in my bedroom. Also prescribed Xanax .025  at the same time. 3 times daily, 4 if needed.  Was only on it about 2 weeks.  Was not working.  Trip ER they gave me an Ativan IV and it worked and lasted.  switched to Ativan. 9-24-2016. 1.5 mg Ativan - .5 mg  three x daily -start date 9/24/16.  Attempted taper start 12-16-2016. Was shaving Pills and alternating tapering AM, PM and midday dose weekly.  Buspar .5mg  -2.5mg. am and 2. 5mg. pm start date 9-26-2016 .  Lexapro .10mg  start date  - 10-26-2016. Found SA and began 10/14/2017 tapering .001 by weight of pill  every 4 days Held longer if there were was WD.    Was very sensitive to Ativan. 3-15-2018 Off midday dose - 7-16-2018 Off PM dose - OFF ATIVAN! 11-17-2018 10 mg. Lexapro. PM - 5 mg start date 10/11/2016 increased to 10 mg 2/2/17. 1-1-2019 Began tapering Lexapro.  .001 gm every 4 days.  Held longer if there was WD.  Last doses some I held a month.  OFF LEXAPRO! 2-21 2021 5 mg. Buspar  divided into two, 2.5 mg doses AM and PM- Start date 9/26/2016 Cold turkey on Dr. direction, AM and Pm  doses.  Reinstated  9-22-16. Began Buspar taper 1-29-23, .001 mg by weight of pills.  N.P. Desiccated Thyroid.  1-2023 Labs okay but not where I feel best. 60 mg. daily now but adding 15 mg. more  twice weekly for a few months then check.  Bioidentical hormones. Bi-est/Prog cream, 1/4 tsp.  1 time daily

My intro: Moonpie:. Need help and supporting tapering off of Ativan

My benzo thread: Moonpie: Need help Ativan weight tapering

On 5/30/2022 at 6:47 PM, Ninabird said:

I have no problem messaging you my phone number. We could pray via FaceTime. It’s up to you and I will not be offended if you would rather not. We all could use as much human connection as possible. 

Question for you, when you say “ just be still….” I think I know what you mean. This afternoon I’ve been zooming around my house doing a few loads of laundry, vacuuming, dusting and then I start to get this burning sensation in my head that symptom to me tells me to sit or else. The last few hours have been tolerable. My head is burning, slight headache, ears ringing, tummy feels tight, but what I’m having a difficult time putting into words is my other symptom… it feels like an anxiety hangover. I have this anxiety-like buzzing in my body. Like it’s on “simmer.” 
I’m so thankful that you have your husband to give you those tight hugs. You are loved. 

Wouldn’t it be great if there was a service like Grubhub or Doordash where instead of food you could order hugs. I’d have a frequent hugger punch card. There is nothing like a good hug. 

Tomorrow I take my dog to the vet. She has surgery to remove a non-cancerous lipoma from her hind leg. She’s my baby ( a 95lb Rottweiler) and I’m trying not to get myself too worried. 

can you drink a protein smoothie? I blend green smoothies every morning to get the good stuff in me. When I’m not hungry I force myself and chug it. Have you tried those? It’s so important to eat. Even if it’s little bites throughout the day. 

im going to

add you and chlo to my Bible study prayers. I hope that’s ok. 

May God hold you in HIS tight embrace. 

Ninabird, it was your bible quote:" God himself will fight for you. Just be still. 
Ex 14:14"   I find that often times I just have to lay still and try to let go of everything.

Thank you for adding me to your bible study prayer list. I do appreciate it! I'm doing much better than I was on Monday. 

We talked with our son on Skype last evening. He didn't say anything about the meds. I think he's still undecided.  He was pretty upbeat for a change. He'd worked from home and is enjoying the tasking they've given him. He's been having a lot of pain in his hands due to all the computer programming. That's been another worry. Anyway, he set his keyboard to a lower position and it seems to be helping.  There's also a chance that he'll soon be able to work in a more hands on roll, building things. That's what he would rather be doing. I'm praying it happens.  

I would love to talk to you. I'll be sending you a PM

Hugs,

Pollyjay

65 y/o Female

Current meds:

On 5/30/2022 at 8:09 PM, Moonpie said:

@Pollyjay I am so very sorry you are having such a horrible time.  As hard as it is to see right now, the test results are such a blessing.  Evidence that God is watching over him and working. Somehow when we are suffering so we see this but the emotions suck away the peace that is there. 

I know this is distressing. I have a teenage grandchild that was put on a medication and it scares us knowing what all of us have experienced.  Can he get a second opinion?  Is there a dr. that offers an alternative? He does he HAVE to work up to the larger dose? Maybe he won't need to. Just throwing thoughts out there. I hope that is okay.    Also he may be one of the ones that has no problems.  But should he ever decide to go off he has you and all of us here at SA to help him so his journey is easier. 

I am not a dr. but it sounds like going off the carb diet trigger his seizure.  

I know it is hard for you to see him leave.  When my daughter left to go back overseas I had not cried that hard in a long time.  But they crying eased my pain. 

As you write I can feel your pain and overwhelming anxiety.  I have been there as have others here.  In fact mine was last week.  

Something that helped me once when one of my children was across the US and was supposed to call me at a certain time.  (She was about the same age as your son)  I was so distraught. I couldn't sleep, I cried I prayed, and all at once the Lord touched my heart and said, "I see her. I know right where she is and I am watching over her."  

One of the hardest things for a parent to do sometime is to give their adult child to God.  Their safety, their choices, everything.  They are His anyway. But He loves and cares for them far more than we ever could (hard to imagine isn't it?).  He created them and had a plan for their life.  He can keep them safe far better than we could even if we kept them by our side 24/7.  This has always eased my distress about my children when they are so far away.   I hope it brings you some comfort. And yes without a doubt WD puts it up to a notch that isn't even on the charts. 

There are things I struggle giving to God not just my children.  Then I realize He already has it, it is just me holding on to a burden that I was never meant to carry and is far to heavy for me. That's why it is so painful even if we weren't in WD. And even if we don't FEEL like we are giving it to Him out of obedience we can say we are. Then as time goes on we will be able to let go.  I used to say I would lay it on the alter and give it to God then take it back with claw marks.  When ponder it how strange I think I can do anything about something that I have no power over. 

I did this last week.  One of my daughters told me about it and it did help. I lay in bed and played the audio Bible of the Psalms.  It was so comforting. It eased the intensity of the anxiety. And I find myself saying yes and nodding in agreement to the scriptures that were there for me and what I was facing.  

Praying for you.  HUGS    I sent you a PM

You always have such wise words, Moonpie. Thank you so much!!!

65 y/o Female

Current meds:

On 5/30/2022 at 1:03 PM, Ninabird said:

@Chlo @Pollyjay

amen. 

Thank you so much! @Ninabird I did a taper Monday and am feeling the effects of it. The worst part is the fear especially every time I think about my children. The worry of them is so intense. It's like a trigger. Dear LORD please give our minds peace.

I know he is protecting them and I should hand my worries over to him. It just keeps popping up in my mind. I pray peace in our hearts and mind.

Love and hugs 💜

Chlo❤

•Lexapro did not work

•3.75mg 3/28•3.5mg 5/23

•3.25mg 5/30•3.0mg 6/19

•Magnesium Glycinate

Zinc•Omega3•Probiotic

•Mirtazapine 15mg

@Chlo

I’m sorry you are having such fear. Just know it’s the taper and not you. What can I do for you today that might bring you some comfort?

I just got back home from taking my dog on a short walk. She had surgery yesterday to remove a lipoma from her hind leg. The Vet said she can start walking right away. She loves her walks. We were only able to go 3 blocks before I turned her around. No need to go any further than that her first day post op. 
I am sending you positive thoughts and hugs. 

NB

PREVIOUS

CURRENT

19 minutes ago, Ninabird said:

@Chlo

I’m sorry you are having such fear. Just know it’s the taper and not you. What can I do for you today that might bring you some comfort?

I just got back home from taking my dog on a short walk. She had surgery yesterday to remove a lipoma from her hind leg. The Vet said she can start walking right away. She loves her walks. We were only able to go 3 blocks before I turned her around. No need to go any further than that her first day post op. 
I am sending you positive thoughts and hugs. 

NB

Just prayers please. Thank you. Love you!

Chlo❤

•Lexapro did not work

•3.75mg 3/28•3.5mg 5/23

•3.25mg 5/30•3.0mg 6/19

•Magnesium Glycinate

Zinc•Omega3•Probiotic

•Mirtazapine 15mg

@Chlo

Sweet Chlo. What are your symptoms today? 

dear Heavenly Father I lift up my dear Chlo to you this afternoon. She’s not doing very well. These symptoms are powerful but you are more powerful than any symptom we might have. I pray for recovery and peace. May you let her experience a window today Lord. In your sons name, amen. 

PREVIOUS

CURRENT

53 minutes ago, Ninabird said:

@Chlo

Sweet Chlo. What are your symptoms today? 

dear Heavenly Father I lift up my dear Chlo to you this afternoon. She’s not doing very well. These symptoms are powerful but you are more powerful than any symptom we might have. I pray for recovery and peace. May you let her experience a window today Lord. In your sons name, amen. 

I appreciate your prayers so much! I am having fearful thoughts, sadness, anxiety.  I wish all of us suffering could be physically closer to eachother where we could be in eachothers presence often. 

My heart is just aching today.

Chlo❤

•Lexapro did not work

•3.75mg 3/28•3.5mg 5/23

•3.25mg 5/30•3.0mg 6/19

•Magnesium Glycinate

Zinc•Omega3•Probiotic

•Mirtazapine 15mg

@Chlo

I’m sorry you are hurting today. 🌺🙏🏻🌺

Thst would be nice if we could be closer. I’m up for FaceTiming. Up to you. 

im having a tough patch myself lately. 🥺

PREVIOUS

CURRENT

2 hours ago, Ninabird said:

@Chlo

I’m sorry you are hurting today. 🌺🙏🏻🌺

Thst would be nice if we could be closer. I’m up for FaceTiming. Up to you. 

im having a tough patch myself lately. 🥺

I don't have FaceTime, only messenger. Do y'all have messenger?

Chlo❤

•Lexapro did not work

•3.75mg 3/28•3.5mg 5/23

•3.25mg 5/30•3.0mg 6/19

•Magnesium Glycinate

Zinc•Omega3•Probiotic

•Mirtazapine 15mg

I do

PREVIOUS

CURRENT

May I please ask for prayer.  I am going through unbearable w/d's and akathisia from a c/t w/d from Zoloft after 30 years on.  I had to c/t because of increasing akathisia and it continues 6 weeks after stopping.  I really don't know how to go on. 

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

6 minutes ago, SelmaLady said:

May I please ask for prayer.  I am going through unbearable w/d's and akathisia from a c/t w/d from Zoloft after 30 years on.  I had to c/t because of increasing akathisia and it continues 6 weeks after stopping.  I really don't know how to go on. 

Dear heavenly Father, I am lifting up this precious child of yours, asking for peace to cover her from the top of her head to the souls of her feet. Give her the comfort that only you can give. We say NO to the enemy, he will not have his way with her. NO Satan you flee now!! In the name of Jesus we declare victory. For Jesus has already paid the price and freed us from suffering. You say Lord where 2 or more in agreement that you are in the midst of us. 

We ask in Jesus mighty name,  Amen🤍

Chlo❤

•Lexapro did not work

•3.75mg 3/28•3.5mg 5/23

•3.25mg 5/30•3.0mg 6/19

•Magnesium Glycinate

Zinc•Omega3•Probiotic

•Mirtazapine 15mg

I wonder if you restarted a low dose of your Zoloft if it might help with the akathisia.  There is Info here on restarting a low dose, You can always go to the dr and tell them you are desperate and see if there is something low dose and intermittent  that can help you get through these next few weeks.  Do you still have your clonidine.?  For some people that helps akathisia symptoms. I have found propranolol helpful at times with my akathisia.   You could ask the dr.  For non drug solutions I have sometimes found a hit epsom salt bath and sitting in a rocking chair helpful.  Just said a prayer for you 

2010-2020 Ambien 2.5 0 5 mg occasionally -2 to 4 times a week

March3 2020 Akathisia from taking azithromycin and nausea meds .  Started propanolol 10 -40 mg a day and ambien 10 mg a day

May - August 2020 Akathisia treatments:  Klonopin 0.125 mg -0.25 mg x 6 wks

mirtazapine 7.5 mg , propranolol 10-20 mg,  lunesta 2-3 mg  Benztropine 0.5 

August 2020.  Started tapering Mirtazapine. February 2022:  Mirt down to 1.42  

March 2022.  Updosed to 1.46 mg.  Allowed compounded bottle of mirtazapine to get too concentrated.  Started having akathisia, shaking , tingling when I switched to new less concentrated bottle.  Went to Dr who told me to updose to 1.7 mg.  Updosed  approx. March 23.  Burning in arms and feet, akathisia 
April 2022. Mirtazapine 1.7 mg, Ambien 2.5 mg.  Occasional Propranolol 10-30 mg,  Rescue dose as needed Klonopin 0.125 mg.    Continued Akathisia 

Supplements:  milk peptides, tart cherry, fish oil. Calcium, magnesium and zinc, 

10 hours ago, SelmaLady said:

I've been thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers, SelmaLady. I had a short bout with akathisia when I started taking Mirtazapine. It's absolutely horrible. I only took it for a few days and couldn't stand it.  I'll be praying that you have relief soon. I hope you have supportive people there for you.  We are all here for you whenever you need us.  

I'm sending warm hugs and wish I could hold your hand as you go through this terrible time. Sometimes all we can do is breathe and take each minute as it comes. You'll come through this! You're going to get better!

Pollyjay

65 y/o Female

Current meds:

Dear SelmaLady,

I'm so sorry you are struggling.  Sending you a virtual hug from New Hampshire.🤗💗

Heavenly Father, please help SelmaLady with her health issues. Give her the hope and courage she needs today and every day. Comfort her pain, calm her fears, and surround her with Your peace. 

Lexapro: 2002-2006 (dose unknown)

Sertraline: 2006-April 2021 (50 mg/day) with exception of 2 failed discontinuation attempts in previous 5 years.

April - Aug 2021 (25 mg/day [half tablet]). Experienced flu-like symptoms in April. Also experienced insomnia and rage/irritability, which eventually subsided. Sept 2021 - Jan 2022 (12.5 mg/day [quarter tablet]). Feb 1-12, 2022 (~10 mg/day). Experienced depression and new onset acute anxiety. Discovered SA.org and realized I was tapering too fast. Feb 13, 2022, dose increased back to 12.5 mg/day to mitigate symptoms. April 2022 (~10 mg/day; switched to liquid formulation). May 2022 (~9 mg/day). Jun-Jul 2022 (~8 mg/day). Aug 2022 (~7 mg/day). Oct 2022 (~6.5 mg/day). Nov 2022 (~6 mg/day). Dec 2022 (~5 mg/day). Holding dose for at least 2-3 months due to crying spells and poor appetite/weight loss. Began taking Mg and fish oil supplements.  March 17, 2023 - increased dose to 6 mg/day. Feeling better. May 17, 2023 - decreased dose to 5.5 mg/day. July 22, 2023 - still haven't stabilized. Experiencing excruciating and unrelenting suffering.  July 28, 2023 - increased dose to 6/6.5 mg/day

August 2, 2023 - increased dose to 7 mg/day due to persistent dread and panic attacks.

October 2023 - increased dose to 10 mg/day.

January 2024 - Still feel bad despite 10 mg/day dose.

I need y'all prayers right now please.

I'm having so much fear and fright. I'm trying to breath into it. I'm so sad and scared. I know God is with me, I'm just having a hard time. Trying to redirect my thoughts, but it's so hard when you feel so bad. Wish I had someone to hold my hand like my husband did. 

So many thoughts of wishing God would just take us all now. I try to be strong day after day after day. Will I ever smile and laugh again...it's been 10 months..I'm afraid my emotions won't turn to happiness gain. They have been stuck in depression for so long. Dear God please help me and give be brighter days!!

Chlo❤

•Lexapro did not work

•3.75mg 3/28•3.5mg 5/23

•3.25mg 5/30•3.0mg 6/19

•Magnesium Glycinate

Zinc•Omega3•Probiotic

•Mirtazapine 15mg

@Chlo

Have you felt any joy at all in the last 10 months? 

When there is no-one physically there to hold your hand, grab a corner of a blanket and pretend you are holding Gods hand. The is what I have done and it does bring me comfort. 

Sweet Chlo, you will get through this. I can't imagine what you are going through but know I am a phone call or text away. YOU ARE NOT ALONE

Much love and a truckload of hugs to you.

NB

PREVIOUS

CURRENT

@Chlo

Hello

I am sorry you feel hopeless right now. 

I am also sorry I left the thread for a while- it was remiss of me. No excuse except fear of spinning into a dark hole. 

May He hold you tight especially as you miss the love of your life. 

Warm thoughts n prayers from the U.K. 

OD 

My Intro topic.  Was Dickie in FB gabapentinoids 

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

2020 June Stopped Pregabalin 150 at night using Ashton Method Some holds. 

2021 December Stopped Mirtazipine 15 using Ashton Method. (Slower at end). 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Oxazepam 10mg.STOPPED 10th FEB 2022  “Rescue dose x 2 in 2 months. 

Buccastem 3mg less than 1 a month for nausea. 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

3 hours ago, Chlo said:

I need y'all prayers right now please.

I'm having so much fear and fright. I'm trying to breath into it. I'm so sad and scared. I know God is with me, I'm just having a hard time. Trying to redirect my thoughts, but it's so hard when you feel so bad. Wish I had someone to hold my hand like my husband did. 

So many thoughts of wishing God would just take us all now. I try to be strong day after day after day. Will I ever smile and laugh again...it's been 10 months..I'm afraid my emotions won't turn to happiness gain. They have been stuck in depression for so long. Dear God please help me and give be brighter days!!

Oh Chlo, my heart goes out to you!!! I'm praying for you right now, honey!

My mother in law has had a very hard life and now many health problems. She tells me the thing that always get's her through the worst days  is to lay on the bed with the bible open on her chest.  She has me doing it now. I usually open it to the psalms and think about all that David went through and how God was with him all the time.

Love and hugs 

P.

65 y/o Female

Current meds:

Trust the Author

I dropped a glass the other day. It slipped right out of my hand, hit the wood floor, and shattered. As I bent down to pick up the broken pieces, I knelt amongst the fractured remains of the glass and I became overwhelmed. I leaned against a nearby cabinet and many suppressed emotions found their escape through my tears.

I have been living through a season of shattering. My life, once so reliable, secure, and predictable, was broken into pieces. All that I once knew so well, I no longer recognized. Like a gardener in autumn, God has cut back things in my life that overgrew their space, became dormant, or no longer produced healthy growth.

He was breaking me down, and it was painful.

Unlike the glass, however, God did not scoop up the pieces and throw me away. No! He took the pieces and he lovingly began to fasten them back together again. I am not who I was before and I am not yet fully mended, but I know he is working and rebuilding me. Piece-by-piece he is collecting me and not abandoning me.

My life may not look like I thought it would, but that doesn’t mean God isn’t working. It doesn’t mean God isn’t good.

If you are living in a “shattering” season, just know your story isn’t over. I know you see the scattered remains on the floor and wonder how you will ever be made whole again—this is where we must trust God’s timing and God’s way.

It is tempting to want to fix everything yourself, but I beg you to resist. His plan is ALWAYS better than ours. A book is never written in one version. It must be edited, re-edited, and edited again.; rewrite after rewrite until it is finished, until it is as good as it can be.

Let the Author and the Finisher of our faith continue to write your story. Let the Creator keep creating. Let the Potter keep molding. Let the Artist keep drawing. It may look broken to you, but God sees endless possibilities; clay ready to be shaped and molded, a blank canvas for his masterpiece, and an empty page for him to compose your story.

You will be whole again.

Chlo❤

•Lexapro did not work

•3.75mg 3/28•3.5mg 5/23

•3.25mg 5/30•3.0mg 6/19

•Magnesium Glycinate

Zinc•Omega3•Probiotic

•Mirtazapine 15mg

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy