gettingunstuck

Mindfulness and Acceptance

Erell

Hello everybody 

Mindfullness is quite a new practice for me, but I do think it can really help with intrusive thoughts and acceptance. 

Here are some simple exercices to discover this practice :

1. classic : Breath Don't think about your Breath, just Feel it. The air that comes in and out, the moves of your belly and your chest, feel your all body breathing.

If your attention goes away, it is perfectly normal. When you notice it, just go back To your breathing. 

2. Savor: just stop : To look at the  sky, listen To birds,  To drink your glass of water, To eat your fruit. Just for a moment, try To Feel and notice small pleasures, and be utterly présent To the feelings. 

3. With who do you take your shower ?

Under the shower, take a few seconds To ask yourself who has joined you..who are you thinking about ? Your boss, your family, your neighbors...?

Then, start To pay attention To your physical sensations : water flowing on your skin, temperature, soap lathering in your hand,...

4. Touch :

Choose an object. Close your eyes and focus attention on your hand, your fingers. 

slowly, move your hands To the object, and touch it with your fingers. Prétend You don't know what is the object. 

Take it in your hands and continue To discover it. You also can use your others senses. 

Everytime your thoughts take you away, just notice it and bring back your attention To your hands.

- I also agree with @Songbird about giving a name To your internal voice, your intrusive thoughts, To put a distance and not take it too seriously. Mine is called Bob 😉

Also have To add that it can be really hard at first : I advise all newbies To find audio-guided sessions To start.

Wish you all a delightful discover ❤

Altostrata
On 11/26/2019 at 3:06 AM, Erell said:

3. With who do you take your shower ?

Under the shower, take a few seconds To ask yourself who has joined you..who are you thinking about ? Your boss, your family, your neighbors...?

So true! Whoever is there with you in the shower -- that's what's troubling you. You can make a note of it and later work on a solution for your trouble so it doesn't keep on coming up when you're have an occasion to relax.

• Like 1

sunnysideup69

Here is a wonderful mindful body meditation by Jon Kabbat Zinn....I'm using this a lot for acceptance of uncomfortable bodily symptoms....