SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

weakness

lundeliz

Who else suffers from extreme weakness? I'm best when I get up

at 6am to take my granddaughters to school. I go back to bed

and wake up later feeling worse. By evening I'm usually so weak

I'm almost shakey. I don't mean muscle weakness. I mean an

overall weakness. Is this just a symptom of withdrawal? I am

pretty much nonfunctional because of this. I even feel weak just

lying on the bed. Just wondering if I'm alone with this.

2006-Cymbalta 60mg for lyme disease2009-Quit Cymbalta c/tFeb. 2010-Reinstated 60mg CymMar.2010 to May.2012 tapered Cym to 36mgMay 2012-Crossed over to 30mg CelexaMay 2012-Oct.2013 Tapered Celexa down to 2.5mgOct.2013-Switched to 30 beads CymbaltaDec.4,2013-Stopped Cymbalta at 17 beads<p>Akathisia hit at 6 wks off and continuesNow taking melatonin when needed for sleep.

You're definitely not alone. This has been one of my worst and most persistent problems. It comes with an overwhelming and sudden feeling of HAVING to lie down (but not dizziness).

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Thanks Barb, after reading around some, I think it is one of the symptoms of autonomic dysfunction?

I think many of my other symptoms are also, facial flushing, headaches, unstable blood pressure.

Am I right in thinking this?  What helps, anything other than time?

2006-Cymbalta 60mg for lyme disease2009-Quit Cymbalta c/tFeb. 2010-Reinstated 60mg CymMar.2010 to May.2012 tapered Cym to 36mgMay 2012-Crossed over to 30mg CelexaMay 2012-Oct.2013 Tapered Celexa down to 2.5mgOct.2013-Switched to 30 beads CymbaltaDec.4,2013-Stopped Cymbalta at 17 beads<p>Akathisia hit at 6 wks off and continuesNow taking melatonin when needed for sleep.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy