Scaredsusie

scaredsusie

• Administrator

When do you take the Buspar and when do you get the anxiety symptoms? Please keep good notes.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scaredsusie

• Altostrata

• Petunia

• Skyler

Top Posters In This Topic

I take the buspar at 830am and at 3pm. I got anxiety at 1030am yesterday but had it all night and woke up with it this morning. The buspar actually seemed to help subside it this morning. I have started a journal. Could melatonin help at night?

Zoloft 1998-2001

Fluoxetine 2001-Oct 2013.  Had a major panic attack first ever, so tried lexapro for 1 day, gave me another panic attack so switched to 

20mg Paxil, 1 week later went down to 10mg and did good Oct 2013-Feb 2014.  Weaned down to 5mg for 2 weeks and then every other day for a week and then switched to lexapro for 3 days and then zoloft for 6 days.  Withdrawal had started now.  Tried to reinstate 5mg of paxil but made it way worse.

Buspar Feb 26th to present 7.5X2 daily (tried 3 days at half and anxiety worse)

Reinstated Fluoxetine 10mg Mar 12th 

• Moderator Emeritus

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Magnesium in a multi vitamin I took a couple of years ago actually kept me awake, and fish oil gives me really bad acne. I'm not sure what to try. Any suggestions?

Zoloft 1998-2001

Fluoxetine 2001-Oct 2013.  Had a major panic attack first ever, so tried lexapro for 1 day, gave me another panic attack so switched to 

20mg Paxil, 1 week later went down to 10mg and did good Oct 2013-Feb 2014.  Weaned down to 5mg for 2 weeks and then every other day for a week and then switched to lexapro for 3 days and then zoloft for 6 days.  Withdrawal had started now.  Tried to reinstate 5mg of paxil but made it way worse.

• Administrator

There might have been something else in the multivitamin, such as B vitamins, that kept you awake. Try magnesium glycinate or citrate in a separate pill.

Please put your recent withdrawal history in your signature, instructions: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Edited by Altostrata
fixed link

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Alto when I hit on that link it takes me to something else about benzo's

Zoloft 1998-2001

• Administrator

I fixed it. Try again.

I feel like committing myself. I don't want to but this is so hard. I feel like I'm losing my mind again, I can't see properly, I'm super sad and don't see a way out. I was doing pretty good up until now too. I need this to end

Zoloft 1998-2001

• Moderator Emeritus

Susie, I don't know if this is true for you, but my experience with waves is they get worse just before the window kicks back in. For the life of me, I don't know why, and it's not something I've seen much discussion of on the forum, but I always felt like throwing the towel in (like there really was a choice), just before the wave subsided. About made me think I was going round the bend. Hold fast, your window will reappear!

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

It's not even anxiety. It seems to start from nothing looking right and I go into a deep depression because I don't want to keep going through this. Why is nothing helping

Zoloft 1998-2001

My cycle is due to start in 2 days, could this be adding to things?

Zoloft 1998-2001

• Moderator Emeritus

My cycle is due to start in 2 days, could this be adding to things?

Oh Gosh, yes, big time. Errr, not sure why you would think they would not? I can't imagine loading one on top of the other.. Merdre... but it does sound like you will feel better in another day or so.

Thanks for helping me skyler and talking me through this right now. I've calmed down a little but this is really scaring me

Zoloft 1998-2001

Does this really get better? I read an article tonight that says it can be permanent

Zoloft 1998-2001

• Moderator Emeritus

I don't believe its permanent and I know its not positive to think that.  Your cycle will definately disturb your system further and thus exacerbate symptoms.  It does for me.

Take care

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Susie, yes it does get better. I almost had myself admitted to the psych ward at one stage.

I just couldn't go on but thankfully I didn't. That is a certain path to heaps more drugs being thrown at a problem 

that is caused by drugs!  I sat in the doctor's office and just couldn't do it knowing that I would be given more drugs

so I told him about my painful shoulder instead!  It was the lovely folk here that made me think about what I would

be doing.  That time passed for me and it will pass for you too. Get through each day and grab at the good moments.

Hold them in your memory, so that you will remember that good moments do come and they will get longer and more

frequent.  I agree with Dalsaan that your cycle will absolutely be making things worse! 

I hope you get some relief soon. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thanks dalsaan and mamma p. The cycling of these moods really makes me think I'm crazy or do have some other disorder. Never have I experienced anything like it. I wish I could wins back time so badly

Zoloft 1998-2001

How do I know if buspar is helping cause the insomnia

Zoloft 1998-2001

• Administrator

If you reduce the Buspar and your symptoms get better, you know you're having a bad reaction to Buspar. If they get worse, the Buspar was helping something. You need to give each experiment at least 4 days.

If you're cycle is coming on, that makes interpreting the effects of Buspar very difficult. Many women have much worse symptoms at different points in their menstrual cycle.

My anxiety is quite a bit worse. I should probably take a full one again. It's been 3 days. Didn't change the sleep, but I heard you have to be off it totally for a few days to see that and I don't think that would be good.

Zoloft 1998-2001

After I took a full buspar again yesterday afternoon instead of half, the anxiety decreased quite a bit. My eyes were tired and the vision and focus was bothersome still but I had a fairly good window. I was tired and relaxed and went to bed at 10pm. I never got to sleep at all. I laid there all night. Not much anxiety at all but still no sleep. What can I do

Zoloft 1998-2001

• Administrator

It seems the Buspar is helping somewhat.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help Alto. Thank you

Zoloft 1998-2001

Can anyone tell me if they have experienced what I seem to be with my eyes. They feel strained and my vision is not clear. It almost feels like I've had them dilated but my pupils are normal size. It's really bothersome. I surrounded by lights and work at a computer screen, but I didn't have this before

Zoloft 1998-2001

• Moderator Emeritus

Do you have dry eyes? Did you try some saline drops?

They don't appear to be dry no. They actually water.

Zoloft 1998-2001

• Administrator

Scaredsusie, please summarize your drug situation in your signature, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Zoloft 1998-2001
Fluoxetine 2001-2013
Lexapro 2013 1day
Paxil oct 2013-feb 3rd
Lexapro 3 days
Zoloft 6 days
Paxil 6 days
Buspar now 15 days

Did you ever adjust the Prozac to 5mg, as we discussed below???

Welcome, Scaredsusie.

Now my dr wants to add fluoxetine back, saying the long half life will help withdrawal and it's only been 4 months since taking it as she says I should have responded to the 5 mg of paxil if it was this "so called" discontinuation. Ugh. Help please

Your doctor is wrong. It sounds very much to me like you have antidepressant withdrawal syndrome and not bipolar disorder. (I wouldn't expect much sense from her but she did suspect withdrawal syndrome, so points to her for that.)

However, going on Prozac at this point might work. I would try 5mg first for a week before going up to 10mg. It may take some weeks for this to reduce the neurological chaos, so give it a chance.

The reason I'd go with Prozac is, once you stabilize on it, it's easier to go off than Paxil. See http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/759-tips-for-tapering-off-prozac-fluoxetine/

Please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.

Thanks Petu and tezza. I'm actually taking 10mg because my dr can only get capsules with my insurance and that's the lowest they come. I had the worst anxiety about 5am this morning and the racing craziness, and I just kept trying to get through it. I'm just not able to sleep and it's awful. Then my vertigo hit. I haven't had that in 2 years or so. I think it's the buspar. Just don't know what to do. Feel better after getting up a little bit.

Alto, if I want to only take 5mg of prozac dr said to do the compound way. There is no real pattern to my symptoms. They just come and go.

Please keep notes on paper about your symptoms and when you take your drugs. This is important.

Prozac comes in a liquid, you can order it from a regular pharmacy. It may be less expensive than a compounded prescription.

Yes, if I were you, I'd reduce the Buspar by half and see if that helps your symptoms.

I'm still at 10mg because my prescription for liquid isn't done yet

Zoloft 1998-2001

I did do my signature like you said on my computer. I use my phone during the day.

Is it not showing. It allowed me to save it

Zoloft 1998-2001

It has been 6 days now on 10mg and I thought I've had some windows. Do you think I still need to go down?

Zoloft 1998-2001

• Administrator

What is the pattern of your current symptoms? Where are you in your menstrual cycle?

It started yesterday. This eye thing has been the very first symptom of withdrawal (I guess that's what it is) and it's been the most constant that I have it. Now it seems to get worse mid afternoon. Not sleeping at all. Wake up with slight anxiety and jittery. Today and yesterday got slight headache and dizziness about noon. Not too bad. But have started to feel more myself at times and less anxiety throughout the day

Zoloft 1998-2001

I believe I've read in Dr. Healy's writings of vision. I think the eyes are closely connected to serotonin, I read somewhere that the.retinas are the source of 5% of the body's serotonin supply. I hope you can find a stable place soon!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Will it go away. I'm scared

Zoloft 1998-2001

• Administrator

Scaredsusie, it's important to keep notes on paper about your symptoms and when you take your drugs.

What time of day do you take Prozac? What time of day do you take Buspar?

Do you spend a lot of time looking at a computer screen, a smartphone, a tablet, or a TV?

I take my buspar at 8am and 3pm and prozac at 11am. I keep a journal. I spend all day at work from 12 to 8 on a computer screen and florescent lights in break rooms

Zoloft 1998-2001