SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Urination and bladder issues (male and female)

liannep77

I was recently diagnosed with an atonic bladder (nonfunctioning).  It can be a side effect of antipsychotics.  I'm only 6 mos off meds.  I don't know how long this has been going on since I was so medicated that I didn't wake up at night with the urge to pee.  I did notice that I went a lot during the day. The last couple of months  I was getting up every hour to hour and a half during the night but peeing only a little.  I was diagnosed and told that I could self catheterize (which I discovered can cause 'significant morbidity'.  In other words, the catheter can cause significant problems to the urethra which can cause such damage that one needs to use a diaper.  Great, huh?  This I discovered because I did the research on the atonic bladder.  The urologist told me none of this.  Since that time, though, the longer I'm off the meds, the bladder seems to be improving and healing. I sometimes sleep 6 to 7 hours at a time.  I think that the bladder is healing.  The problem is caused by neurological damage caused by the drugs and I think that my central nervous system is healing the damage.  I feel that this is significant and it gives me hope.  Now if I can be relieved of the tinnitus and buzzing in my body,  I'll beeven more hopefull that my depression and anxiety can resolve! 

Hi,

Just thought I would share my review of the product D-mannose for urinary tract infections. As I am someone who suffers from them quite frequently and know that taking antibiotics frequently is not a good option I started using this product. I found it to be very helpful. I stared taking the preventative dose and didn't get one for a year. Then when I started to get symptoms, they disappeared after using it. I have found crandberry juice to be not as effective. They say it is a simple sugar naturally occurring in plants like cranberries. Apparently how it works is helps to stop bacteria sticking to the wall of the bladder.

note: it only works if the bacteria is ecoli which 99% of mine are from a culture.

I've only been able to purchase mine online in Australia.

[*]At 15 years was put on 50mg of Zoloft for generalized anxiety and panic disorder.

[*]2006 Tried to withdrawal from 50mg . Doctor told me I would have no trouble. I tampered over about a month (50mg-0) which left me with severe and debilitating withdrawal symptoms. Doctors put my dose up to 75mg mistaking my withdrawal symptoms as a relapse. Stayed on Zoloft 75mg since 2006.

March 2015- adverse reaction between Zoloft (75mg) an antibiotic and anti nausea drug resulting in debilitating symptoms/recovery identical to withdrawal. Have not altered or changed dose since 2006.

I am experiencing frequent urination too, third week of tapering off pristiq and the peeing started after the 10th day of tapering. Hoping it will settle when my restlessness settles, thinking they are both connected. Well hoping they are both connected and it is a phase that will pass.

Antidepressants for 14 years, Zoloft cymbalta, lexapro now pristiq for the past 3 months. All have given me different side effects therefore Fedup and currently in a good space to start tapering

• 4 weeks later...

Me too with D-Mannose --  I had a constant bacteria problem until I started taking it.  I take just 1/2 tsp in water every day and no more burning or pressure or any sign of a UTI.  My recent yearly U/A was clear of ANY bacteria for the first time in years!   Also, a warning about Cipro or Levaquin, especially in regards to psych meds.  These can cause permanent nerve damage in addition to emotional issues.  Best not to take them if they can be avoided at all.  I had a horrific set back just from taking penicillin so at this point I don't dare take any a/b's.

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

• 1 month later...

I would really appreciate a list of the kind of UTI symptoms people have been experiencing.

Not sure if mine has come back or not.....

Mine were:

Cloudy, smelly urine.

Frequent urination.

Thanks guys,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• 2 weeks later...

I have all the time a feeling like i have the urge to urinate even tough my bladder isn't full. Does anyone else have or have had this?

Citalopram 40mg from 2003-2015

Jan 2015 started tapering first dropped to 35mgFeb 30mg, March 25mgApril 20mg, May 17,5mg, June 15mgJuly 12,5mg, Aug 12,5mg,

Sep 0mg for 5 days because of stomac flu and after I raised to 7,5mg. All the symptoms of acute WD shaking, diarrhea, vomiting, barely could walk ect. Still didn't realize that it wasn't only stomac flu but I was also going through WD.

Oct 2,5mg and crashed again badly and quickly raised to 4mg. It was then when I knew my symptoms were due to WD.

Then in November after a month holding on 4mg raised to 5mg due to muscle weakness and had a VERY BAD reaction to reinstatement: akathisia(lasted for one or two weeks), insomnia, anhedonia... Drop quicly back to 4mg, Dec 3mg

Jan 2016 2,6mg( in the middle of Jan after I had been on 2,6mg for a week I tried to updose to 2,8mg and immediately had bad reaction to it: akathisia for a day, andehonia got worse. The next day dropped back to 2,6mg), Feb 2,4mg( a new symptom PGAD lasted 24/7 for 2 months after that on and off), March 2,4mg, April 2,3mg, May 2,2mg, June 2,1mg, July 2,0mg( Pgad almost nonexisting, sleeping pretty good, still some anhedonia but there has been a lot of gradual progress), Aug 1,97mg-1,89mg, Sep 1,88mg-1,49mg, Oct 1,48mg- 1,70mg,

Nov 0,65mg- current dose 0,5mg

I have all the time a feeling like i have the urge to urinate even tough my bladder isn't full. Does anyone else have or have had this?

Yes, I have it several times at night and it is better during the day.

Mid 2012 : aripiprazole for nothing (actually only 2 reasons : no job and lonely)>serotoninergic syndrome+seizure>psychiatrist denial> amisulpride 400mg +quetiapine 600mg +olanzapine 10mg +xanax 0,5 mg +alimemazine+lormétazepam+effexor+lorazepam during almost 2 years>

Saved by a pharmacologist from major seizure during the antipsychotics taper > switched to 16 mg diazepam taper since may 2014. Failed at 12mg in july.16 mg again in july 2014.1mg down every week.failed at 3,33 mg in november 2014,back to 5mg at slower taper rate
febr 2015 4mg  /march 2015 3mg  / may 2015 2mg / june 2015 1,66mg   /july 1,33mg  / aug end 0,66mg  / sept end 0,33mg  /  oct end 0,17mg   /   1st nov 0,14mg  /  10 dec 2015 JUMPED

Aged swollen face, huge wieght gain impossible to loose despite healthy diet and workout, belly,insomnia,gastrointestinal disorder,dry sagging skin,genital shrinkage, no libido, muscle+hair loss,wrecked maybe forever but not tortured by drugs anymore.

I have this too (frequent urination) but UTI tests come back either negative or an extremely low level bacterial count.

However, although I don't need to pee at night I find that I am paranoid about staying hydrated (having just returned from a very dry environment in the Rockies) where you constantly have to drink or you literally dessicate. I constantly check the colour of my urine and panic if it doesn't look pale enough.

I am still convinced that my kidneys don't work properly :0(

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

I have this too (frequent urination) but UTI tests come back either negative or an extremely low level bacterial count.

However, although I don't need to pee at night I find that I am paranoid about staying hydrated (having just returned from a very dry environment in the Rockies) where you constantly have to drink or you literally dessicate. I constantly check the colour of my urine and panic if it doesn't look pale enough.

I am still convinced that my kidneys don't work properly :0(

I had to get up and pee once last night and the night before - think it was because I downed a fair amount of liquid right before bed.

During the day I pee once every 40-50 mins depending on how much I am drinking. First pee of the morning I am always a bit de-hydrated.

Major Life Events: 

• 3 weeks later...

Now am on ABs for 3 days. Self-diagnosed Cystitis.

Horrible lower abdominal pains and frequent urination, painful bladder, and pubic area. Sometimes hardly any urine comes out. Have to make sure I can get to a loo as well.

Will see if it responds to the ABs. If not then will have to get some tests run :0(

Major Life Events: 

is it normal to lose bladder control when withdrawing from venlafaxine? Im really embarrassed as it keeps happening and am scared something else is wrong

YES!!!!!!!!!!

There is or was a colossal thread about this at effexor withdrawal topix if anybody knows how to find stuff thru way back... no better thread full of information and countless folks posting about it. I do not have the computer skills to find it. and I surely can't recall all it said way too much to recall.

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

For those who have gone and had ultrasounds done - was this done at the hospital or with the doc? Am assuming at the hospital.

Thx,

JC

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus

JC , that will depend on the health system , which is different in different countries and areas.  Most cities have  private

practitioners that specialize in ultrasounds that a doctor will refer a patient to.    You don't go near a hospital.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

I had most US done at a clinic some at a hosp nothing ever showed as being reason for bladder problems... I seen a specialist had more tests nothing ever showed last us there is something I guess unthreatening in my kidney... was mentioned by my gp as she read the results... likely a cyst I guess to one in my kidney and two in my liver... that is the count on cysts at the moment. for me I still have issues and it seems to come and go when it comes I use bladder control pads better then laundry.

Had a car accident in 85
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Here is another good place for my barley water recipe.

I used it to help my kidneys, and I can tell when my body is craving it.  THIS IS A COMPLEX RECIPE - for those of you in withdrawal, you might want to simplify the herbs and spices until you figure out what your body will tolerate.  I find it is good for all kinds of inflammation, and it helped me with "diabetes insipidus" which is a very similar symptom to "nocturia."

So - for all you nocturia sufferers - try 1 cup of barley water a day (I make a big batch and keep it chilled for up to 2 weeks!)

Jan's Barley Water tonic

1 cup pearl barley

1 cup adzuki beans

1 strip kombu seaweed

2 Tbsp himalayan salt

1 Tbsp grated turmeric

1 Tbsps grated ginger

Dash pepper

4 litres filtered water (roughly, quarts)

rind of 1 lemon

Rind of 1 lime

rind of 2 oranges

brown sugar to taste (about 2-4 tbsp)

juice of 2 lemons

Juice of 2 limes

Juice of 4 oranges 

(Citrus is interchangeable - I use whatever is on hand._

Rinse the barley, bring water to boil.  Add barley, adzuki, kombu, salt, turmeric, ginger, pepper to water, when boils, reduce and simmer 40 minutes.

Zest the citrus rind and set aside, juice the citrus and put in fridge.

When barley is boiled, strain, discard the barley & bean mixture (this goes out to the bird feeder for the critters, but could be nutritious with the right sauce - haven't figured it out yet.)

While liquid is still hot, add citrus rind and sugar, stir well.

Leave to cool. Then refrigerate.   When it's cool enough, stir in the citrus juice.  Strain again  to discard the rind and any messy pulp or seeds from the citrus.  Refrigerate.

Makes 3-4 litres.  I decant into tupperware pitchers and sports bottles so I can carry it with me.

Drink at least 1 cup a day.  Kidneys will thank you.

The basic recipe is just the barley and the citrus - and then I started adding the himalayan salt.

The complex recipe cascaded from there as my herbalist recommended adzuki beans to heal my kidneys, kombu for the natural iodine, and then - ginger would feel and taste good! and oh!  what about turmeric as an anti-inflammatory?  and pepper to activate the turmeric?

So this has evolved over time.  The basic ingredients are just the barley and the citrus.  It's tasty all by itself.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

I was started on this drug for it

http://www.rxlist.com/urispas-drug.htm

I don't think it worked but it was so long ago who knows 

Had a car accident in 85

I had a load of gut symptoms early in my mirtazapine taper. This included sore bladder, urge to urinate, and at one point, blood in my urine. No infection, kidney stone, or bladder problem (cyst or tumor) was found. It just went away after a month or two and it never occurred to me that it might have had to do with withdrawal. Old men often have urinary issues and I chalked it up to an enlarged prostate, which I definitely have. My urologist preferred to blame a kidney stone too small to show up on a scan which I must have passed. (I suppose it just killed him that all the tests--ultrasound, two different CT scans, cystoscope--turned up exactly nothing.)

I had other gut symptoms around the same time which I've described in my intro forum and my signature (flank pain, epic constipation, and atrial fibrillation). These were much more uncomfortable and distressing so I didn't think much about the urinary stuff. Happily, they all went away. (Knocking on wood.) Still, it was unpleasant and I wish all  of you the good fortune i had to get over it quickly.

Having experienced quackery first-hand I feel entitled to engage in some fanciful self-diagnosis. After reading on SA about the vagus nerve, I'm personally inclined to chalk up the simultaneous occurrence of all these symptome to this neural network. It makes sense in terms of serotonin and withdrawal. This assertion makes my doctors' eyes roll.

Diagnosed w/ ADD and minor depression in 1990. Fluoxetine 20 mg/day. Also methylphenidate, but hated it and quit after about a week. Quit fluoxetine cold turkey (ignorance) 18 January 2013. Experienced brain zaps, flu symptoms, heart palpitations. Nothing after August 2013. Mirtazapine 15 mg/day for sleep beginning around 1999. Began tapering August 2013.  As of March 2015 I'm off mirtazapine and antidepressant free. Don't sleep well after sunrise, feel anxious and sad some of the time, still have tinnitus. Still occasionally take lorazepam for anxiety but never more than 1 mg.  Prescribed metoprolol (beta blocker) for atrial fibrillation diagnosed June 2013. Medical  opinion (two cardiologists) is that it's not caused by fluoxetine w/drawal and is a dangerous, chronic condition requiring lifelong medication. As of Aug 2013 heart palpitations for the most part ceased. Tapered beta blocker and am off of it as of Jan 2015. No wd symptoms or recurring afib at all so far. Maybe it was wd after all, but doctors don't think so, surprise surprise. However, a small victory: the last doctor I related this to shrugged her shoulders. Getting lots of exercise, which has me physically pretty robust at age 71 in spite of persistence of mirt wd symptoms, mainly insomnia and anxiety, but also jaw-clenching annoyance at noises of a certain pitch and timbre. Incessant media fixation on the presidential campaign has ruined my disposition and my faith in the future. My Introduction.

Eyes rolling or not I am impressed you have a doctor who hears you and the ability to convey all this in real life both are very impressive. Sadly I still have times where this is an issue but as you say age takes over at some point and if treatment and withdrawal takes a life time then we have to shift the cause some eventually. At some point it no longer matters what the cause as it all just gets so old.  I find any symptoms that lasts for years is in some respect accepted as part of life even the symptoms that come ago are not such a big deal any longer as the lines between a real life and wd life blur into something that would have been no recognisable by the previous self. In other words we get use to this sort of existence I don't like it and I can see others even many older than myself living better lives.  I know it is not normal but there does not seem to be another choice so acceptance would be the best idea I wish I was better at accepting. 

Had a car accident in 85

Would really appreciate any more information/stories/recoveries(???) from people experiencing frequent urination/weak stream/constant urge to pee.

I'm almost a year off Effexor and these symptoms only seem to be getting worse (started when I was tapering and gradually got worse).

Blood/urine tests came back fine and the amount of urine left in my bladder after I pee is negligible (shown in ultrasound test)

I've been advised by a couple of urologists to consider pills like Toviaz or Flomax to treat this condition, which, needless to say, I am very hesitant about. 

2008 Cipralex

2009-2012 150mg Effexor

2013 60mg Cymbalta

MID 2013-2015 75mg Effexor

LATE 2017 1 MONTH SJW

I took one called urispas think it is the same as flowmax but I was still on Ads when I tried they did not help me one that seemed to help was suggested by a gp ornade an antidhistamine I think seemed to help for a time but they took it off the market.  I still have issues that come and go. I have not found an answers I have infections sometimes but not generally at this point before I stopped the Ad I had infections a lot utis... now they are rare. 

I don't have an answer sorry. The urispas did nothing for me. 

Had a car accident in 85

• 5 months later...

I've had a problem with incontinence ever since being put on Seroquel and hasn't gotten better with the withdrawal from Celexa.  I also have a problem emptiying my bladder completely leading to infections.  The urge to go is overpowering and I need to go about every hour and don't make it because of the strength of the urger.  The muscles down there also seem paralysed causing overflow.  It is difficult because I can't go anywhere unless I void before going and can't stay out very long.  Good thing I'm a stay at home person. :)

July Medications: Started taking antidepressants in 1981, also benzos off and on; antiphychotics , anti-seizure for years.   Trazodone, Lamotrigine, Klonopin for over 10 years   all at maximum dosages,:Disconcontinued Klonopin in month of February 2011,  discontinued Trazodone and Lamotrigine   in month of March 2011 while in hosptial.  Given Seroquel to "help" go off Klonopin  gradually increased to 600 mg ; doctor took me off 600 mg. Seroquel in two weeks, and switched to Resperidal  because of weight gain on Seroquel, went off Resperidal quickly,   then gradually reinstated  Seroquel to 600 mg. at my request.   Went off Seroquel by myself at 25mg. per month in 2014.     Last medication Seroquel completely off since May 2016. Also went off Morphine at the same time as last 25 mg. of Seroquel in May 2016. Started tapering Celexa 40mg. to 35mg.  on 11 Aug. 2016  ; 16 Oct. Celexa 32.5 mg.; 6 Nov. 2016:  30mg. , 50 mg abt. Feb 26 with occasional 30mg.  , : May 10, 2017 began tapering rapidly because of adverse reaction to Celexa;, 40 mg. Celexa;   May 24, 2017: 35mg Celexa.;  June 8, 2017, 30 mg. Celexa, June 22, 2017 25mg.Celexa,; July 6,2017 20mg. CELEXA, July 20: 15mg.; August 10: Sep 29 2017: 10mg. Celexa + 10mg. Prozac, 5 Oct, 2017:  5mg. Celexa + 10mg. Prozac.; Oct. 14 Celexa 0., Prozac 10mg.Took last Prozac on November 22, 2017, Jan. 31 30mg. Cymbalta........ May Cymbalta 90mg.

Supplements Cal/Mag , Potassium, , Multi Vitamin.  digestive aid, antioxidant

Medications presently taking:    Lyrica 150mg. 2x day  , Synthroid 175mcg, Nasonex 2 sprays each nostril, once a day ,     Tylenol  1,000 mg. 2x day., , Restasis eye drops 2x day,  Trazodone 100 mg, Cymbalta 90 mg. Arthrotec 50 mg., Plavix

• 4 weeks later...

I think I have "Interstitial Cystitis."

The last time I had almost the same symptoms was during my last wave earlier this year.  I am currently in a wave, so the IC is triggered by stress and one of the most unpleasant symptoms I have had to deal with.

This time I have ordered colloidal silver (per AliG's suggestion).  Will see if this helps.

Major Life Events: 

My heart goes out to each of you with these symptoms. Mine is burning in my lady areas and frequent urination. Had a uti that cleared up with a/b's, I just wish the burning would stop. Hi junglechicken. What does the colloidel silver help with? Let us know how you make out with it.

Marie

10/13--10/14 Ambien. Started tapering 1/14  Jumped 10/14.  Done.                                                                              

3/14        7.5 Remeron  still taking this.                              

2/14         75 Trazodone   -    Tapered by dry cutting all the way down.

1/16        4 mg Trazodone  -  Jumped. Bad mistake. Got hit with late withdrawal 6 weeks later. Reinstated.

4/16        Reinstated 1 mg, updose to 2 mg Trazodone

2/19        .04 Trazodone. Walked off.  Done.

10/3/19  Started 7.5 Mirtazapine taper cut to .073 gram weight, pill weighs .076

4/5/20    New Mirtazapine Taper - Compound Liquid 7.35 mg April '20, 7.25 mg May, 7.05 mg June, 6.99 mg June, 6.78 mg July, 6.57 mg Aug, Sept 6.35 mg, Sept 6.24 mg, Sept 6.21 mg, Oct 5.99 mg, Oct 5.90 mg, Oct 5.70 mg.

1/11/21 6.05 mg Messed up taper due to syringe change. Must remember the 1 ml syringe contains 1.5mg! 1/16/21 5.99 mg

2/21 5.75 mg, 3/21 5.6 mg, 4/7 5.45, 4/14 5.30, 5/12 5.15, 5/25/21 4.99 mg, 6/29 4.87 mg, 7/14/21 4.74 mg, 8/5 4.62 mg 8/17 4.5 mg, 8/30 4.38 mg,9/16 4.26 mg,10/9 4.14 mg, 10/23 4.05 mg, 11/6 3.96 mg,11/17 3.87mg.***Jan 22 Liquid was changed/couldn't tolerate***Changed back to pills. Feb 22/3.9 mg, 2/17/22 3.8 mg, 3/23 3.7 mg, 4/7 3.6 mg, 5/10 3.5mg,6/10/22 3.4 mg, 7/4 3.3 mg, 7/25 3.2 mg, 8/20/22 3.1 mg, 9/15 3 mg, 10/8/22 2.9 mg., 12/15 2.8 mg, 1/6/23 2.7 mg, 2/16/23 2.6 mg, 3/9 2.5 mg, 4/4 2.4 mg, 4/29/23 2.3 mg, 5/26 2.2 mg, 6/22/23 2.1 mg, 10/14 2 mg, 11/12 1.9 mg, 11/28 1.8 mg , 12/14/23 1.7, 12/31/23 1.6 mg, 1/20 1.5 mg, 2/6/24 1.4 mg, 2/12 updose 1.5 mg. Taking multi-vitamin, vit. D, cholestoff, psyllium husk, and fish oil.

Marie123 - colloidal silver acts like a natural AB.

I am going to try it out.....anything to avoid ABs which just disrupt our GI tract.

Will keep you guys posted, I should receive the pack today.

Major Life Events: 

BTW, how is interstitial cystitis diagnosed???

Major Life Events: 

• 1 month later...

I have been diagnosed with a partially prolapsed urethra. My memories of the last three years are vague, but having to force the urine out in the morning seems to have started after a year of cipro in 2013. UTI's stopped after diet change and probiotics and vitamins were instituted in 2014. Still have to force urine out upon waking but okay the rest of the day. My pcp said something about interstitial cystitis, but was vague about the diagnostic criteria.

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. Tapered off final cocktail 2013-2019. For Hashimotos and high blood pressure I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. Spironolactone. Hydrochlorothiazide. Losartan. B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

Which probiotics worked for you and what diet was it yeast related?  Do you think you had leaky gut ... I was looking at all this last wk and found a couple probiotics supposed to heal this..

"Bacteria also utilize epithelial cell signaling proteins involved in TJ regulation, including Rho family GTPases, PKC, and MAPK, to enhance barrier integrity. For example, the ability of the probiotics Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus acidophilus to preserve phosphorylation of occludin in EIEC-infected cells can be reduced by treating the cells with ROCK inhibitors (70), suggesting these bacteria employ Rho family GTPases to protect against EIEC-induced TJ disruption."

you had better look yourself I was smarter last wk than I am now...

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/141/5/769.full

I have bladder issue quite bad and other things going on ... been ramping up the probiotics like you would not believe better than taking a drug... 

Had a car accident in 85

http://nootriment.com/lactobacillus-bulgaricus-streptococcus-thermophilus/

this is not what I am taking but I am looking at trying it if the probiotics I am using now don't work or stop working when I stop taking them ... the one I am using has some l reuteri in it and if you have read about me and l reuteri you know I am already a fan.  I am taking a combination of probiotics at this point and believe it is helping the long standing issues with uti... and bladder problems and I am not sure if helping my gut is how it is helping the bladder and I don't care hope it is helping both. 

heal your gut heal your body... I think this may be true old gut brain connection

Some specific uses for common probiotic microorganisms are as follows:

Probiotics: A New Paradigm in UTI Health?

Probiotic balance is essential for good health. Supporting the healthy bacteria in your gut creates a strong defense that can help keep the bad guys from causing problems. [9]Studies have found that Lactobacillus plantarum and Lactobacillus paracasei (two strains of good bacteria) are helpful for supporting urinary tract health (just one of the many health benefits of probiotics). [10] [11]

first do no harm... keep that in mind

Had a car accident in 85

I use Klaire Labs Ther -Biotic complete. I used the neuro genetics company probiotic for women for a while when I first got started and yes I bought and used their supplements and wasted all a lot of money but there were some vitamins they had that I took. I was just getting my brain to function again and didn't have a clue really about anything so when the finances went south so did those vitamins. Believe it or not i didn't know I was taking vitamins that's how non functional I was. But after another horrible forced psych hospitalization in 2012 i started looking for a way out of the miasma of the past 20 years. Sorry I am getting into introductions territory. Anyway, I started eating lots of vegetables added more meat and fish was still eating non organic gmo and all grains and dairy. But started eating lots of foods with potassium and weaned myself off bp drugs didn't know anything about gut dysbiosis or that the ppi I was on had obliterated my digestive system as well as 30 years of the wrong hashimotos treatment or i should say basically tsh only testing. I didn't know any better. But just those changes stopped the uti outbreaks. Sadly though from being immobile for so many years and malnutrition akathisia etc etc my urethra partially collapsed in 2013 and I didn't even know it. I take designs for health Digestzymes and have progressive labs U-tract complete and other recommendations from my nd just in case. Not sure if all of it will clear up an active infection. I did have a stubborn uti and vaginitis in October come up and had to take ab. Now I am autoimmune paleo for now and have normal bm for the first time in decades. I just keep plugging away trying to restore my mind body spirit. Sorry for rambling. Hope this helps.

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. Tapered off final cocktail 2013-2019. For Hashimotos and high blood pressure I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. Spironolactone. Hydrochlorothiazide. Losartan. B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

• 1 month later...

Hi interesting topic,the irony with my constant urination is 6 years ago I went to my doctor about it and it was put down to stress so then given this poison.

I've got some days I actually feel incontinent and the stress it causes me is never ending.

It's definitely connected to the drugs and it's worse the last few years on this venlafaxine poison.

It's a big circle of anxiety very bad and probably triggering my urination and the cycle is never ending .

My first thought all these years were ever I am is weres the toilet ,as I write this I've to run! ???? I've got laugh.

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi interesting topic,the irony with my constant urination is 6 years ago I went to my doctor about it and it was put down to stress so then given this poison.

I've got some days I actually feel incontinent and the stress it causes me is never ending.

It's definitely connected to the drugs and it's worse the last few years on this venlafaxine poison.

It's a big circle of anxiety very bad and probably triggering my urination and the cycle is never ending .

My first thought all these years were ever I am is weres the toilet ,as I write this I've to run! I've got laugh.

Know this well.....I always know where the nearest toilet is!

I have also experienced incontinence when sneezing (that was during a very bad spell last year). Have also put this down to being in the peri-menopause.

Major Life Events: 

• 4 months later...

For the ladies going through peri-menopause, below is an NHS link showing recurring UTI's as a result of hormonal changes:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Menopause/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Major Life Events: 

• 6 months later...

Of the ladies on this forum, who has been diagnosed with "IC"?

Did the urologist explain what caused it?  Is it autoimmune?

I may well have to go for a cystoscopy soon as I have had many "false" results due to UTI and cystitis like symptoms.

Have also read, that "IC" is linked to other diseases like IBS, fibro.....

Fits exactly, as I have IBS and other bodily pains.

Major Life Events: 

Ive been through a rough wd period off fluoxetine and citalapram am now on venlafaxine and am having these issues I’m busting to go toilet all the time but it doesn’t feel like a constant stream almost blocked but not..

im on 75mg venlafaxine 

25mg quatiapine at night to sleep and 1mg of lorazepam in the morning could this be causing this ?? 

My urine tests are all clear ??

Fluoxetine 20mg January 2011-October 2017

The straight swap to citalapram 20mg October 2017

lorazepam 1mg October 2017

quatiapan 25mg June 2017 for sleep

straight swap from citalapram to venlafaxine December 5 at 37.5mg then upped to 75mg a week later

Stopped quetiapine may 28 2018 and changed to zopiclone 

Started venlafaxine December 5 at 37.5mg and upped dosage reaching 150mg

Reduced venlafaxine over a one month period and stopped around June 15 2018

also stoped the lorazepam June 15 2018

started 20mg fluoxetine 7th August 2018

witg 1mg lorazepam every morning and at around 1-2pm

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone ?

Fluoxetine 20mg January 2011-October 2017

The straight swap to citalapram 20mg October 2017

lorazepam 1mg October 2017

quatiapan 25mg June 2017 for sleep

straight swap from citalapram to venlafaxine December 5 at 37.5mg then upped to 75mg a week later

Stopped quetiapine may 28 2018 and changed to zopiclone 

Started venlafaxine December 5 at 37.5mg and upped dosage reaching 150mg

Reduced venlafaxine over a one month period and stopped around June 15 2018

also stoped the lorazepam June 15 2018

started 20mg fluoxetine 7th August 2018

witg 1mg lorazepam every morning and at around 1-2pm

• ChessieCat changed the title to Urination and bladder issues (male and female)
4 hours ago, Spice81 said:

Anyone ?

I have had a overactive bladder since beginning my taper over 1 and half years ago up until a couple of months ago when it seemed to basically clear up overnight, I have wrote about it in my thread, it was very frustrating and was worse at night, i would go to the toilet get in bed and then 10 mins later have to go again and then 10 mins later have to go again and then go again and again, I went to the doctors a number of time about it and kept having my blood checked etc as I was sure it was diabetes or something, I have since read somewhere that it is something to do with neurons giving off wrong signals or something, I cant remember exactly what it was but it was something like that

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy