SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ itslistmonster: having a rough time coming off my meds

itslistmonster

Hi, my names Anthony..... I have been going through bad withdraws. I was hospitalized on April  20th because of taking antidepressants on and off and smoking weed(ive been clean from weed for almost a year now).....

i was in the hospital for 2 and half months. when i went in they put me on on all types of drugs. i left the hospital 2 weeks after they had me on abilify and pristiq, the abilify had a bad effect on me (I AM REALLY REALLY med sensitive). so when i went home I had a bad side effect. I couldn't sit still, i had to keep moving, i was having panic attacks like crazy, it was so bad i thought i couldn't control myself and actions...

so i rushed back to the hospital cause i had no idea what was going.....when i got there 2 days later they transferred me to a different hospital where, i was in there for like a month and half, they put me on Pristiq, and Lamactal, in September i came off the Pristiq, my docotr told meto try lithium and stay on the lamactal, I came off the lithium because it made me really depressed. (mind you my doctor never told me to get a blood test when he put me on lithium, and i know your suppose to get on the first week oof being on it, i was on it for 2 months with no blood test) after i came off of the lithium, i was only on 300MG of lamactal (150mg in the morning, 150mg at night) I tapered off of 300mg of lamactal in just 15 days because thats what the doc told me to do.....

ever since all this ive been messed up. the day i came ff lamactal i vowed to myself to never take any meds again ive been med free for almost 3 months. Ive been having panic attacks, depression, some days im sensitive to nosie, muscle spasms, depersonalition, anxiety, emotionless, crying spells.....its been hard im still going through this....and it sucks cause it feels like im really going crazy and loosing my mind.....i also go to psychotherapy  for my PTSD, my therapist says its not the meds because ive been off them for 3 months and these meds dont do that to you....but i think im going throughsome type of withdraw?....its just really hard to deal with the way i been feeling.....i feel like i will never get better :,( can someone help me?

Edited by Altostrata
added paragraph breaks for readability

Been on medications since i was about 12 or 13. I have tried many meds through out my life so far. Even tho as a teenager. I never really took the meds I was giving. I didn't actually start taking antidepressants consistently until i was about 15 or 16. So i have had a multi drug history. I came off of 3 meds this year. And it was fast tapering because that is what the DR told me to do. I forget the MGs of the meds i came off of my memory isn't really that good. I was on pristiq and lamactal. In septemeber I came off of the pristiq....it was a fast taper. But then I was put on lithium. I was on lithium with lamactal for about a month. I hated the way lithium made me feel so i came off of it cold turkey in November or December i cant really remember.Then I decided to come off of lamactal, at the end of January is when i tapered it it was a 15 day taper because I listen to the DR and did what they told me to do. Which now i know was too fast of a taper. 

• Administrator

Welcome, itslistmonster.

You are describing a bad side effect here, it's called akathisia:

the abilify had a bad effect on me (I AM REALLY REALLY med sensitive). so when i went home I had a bad side effect. I couldn't sit still, i had to keep moving, i was having panic attacks like crazy, it was so bad i thought i couldn't control myself and actions...

It sounds like you had a number of adverse reactions, plus you were taken off various drugs too fast. Many people here have withdrawal symptoms from going on and off drugs. They can last weeks or months.

Was Lamictal the last drug you were on? When was the last time you took any Lamictal?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Yes lamactal was the last drug i was on....i cant tell you honestly exactly what date it was exactly when i came off. But i know its been only 2 an half months snice ive been off. Like i said im med sensitive.....i just hope this goes away......i know it will take time, im just really over whelmed....and consitly thinking that this "withdraw sydrome" is me an this really who I am.....plus being told by doctors that if i stop ill get sick again.....when i think about it...i kinda think the DR i was seeing told me to taper of the lamactal in 15 days just so i could get these withdraw symptoms.....and then go back because i wasnt feeling normal...its pretty messed up that they do this to people..

Been on medications since i was about 12 or 13. I have tried many meds through out my life so far. Even tho as a teenager. I never really took the meds I was giving. I didn't actually start taking antidepressants consistently until i was about 15 or 16. So i have had a multi drug history. I came off of 3 meds this year. And it was fast tapering because that is what the DR told me to do. I forget the MGs of the meds i came off of my memory isn't really that good. I was on pristiq and lamactal. In septemeber I came off of the pristiq....it was a fast taper. But then I was put on lithium. I was on lithium with lamactal for about a month. I hated the way lithium made me feel so i came off of it cold turkey in November or December i cant really remember.Then I decided to come off of lamactal, at the end of January is when i tapered it it was a 15 day taper because I listen to the DR and did what they told me to do. Which now i know was too fast of a taper. 

• Moderator Emeritus

What you're experiencing is exactly what I would expect from someone put on and yanked off so many psych drugs over such a short period of time. It's definitely withdrawal, combined with the effects of the drugs themselves, which can be very disruptive.

Is there any possibility that you could try reinstating a small amount of Lamictal, something like 25 mg? It could help stabilize your withdrawal symptoms, and then once you're settled down a bit and more stable, you can taper off it safely over a number of months.

I know you want to stay off meds, but most people who have a history like yours get so sick they just end up on more meds. Stabilizing on a very low dose can actually give you the chance to get control of your symptoms, and then you can taper successfully and get off the drugs forever.

It sounds like you were on Pristiq for a short time and off in September, then on lithium, and then (maybe overlapping) on Lamictal. And then you pretty much just quit the Lamictal (15 days isn't really a taper) about three months ago, from a high dose of 300 mg. Do I have that right?

Have you taken any other meds in the past year or so? If you can put your past drug history in your sig line it will help us advise you.  Here's more info about that: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

And here's a topic about reinstatement: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/3079-about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-stop-withdrawal-symptoms/

If I do have your history right, I would recommend trying a small reinstatement of Lamictal, maybe 25 mg, to see if that gives you some relief. 

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

I pretty much accepted that it will take time to heal....but there is no way id go back on any meds again. If i have to suffer so be it.....because in the long run i know ill get better. ..just takes some time i guess

• Administrator

From my experience, lamotrigine is one of the very few drugs that might help withdrawal symptoms. Even 5mg or 10mg might help. After you stabilize for a few months, you can taper off by very small amounts.

Do you have any left?

For information about titrating lamotrigine, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1122-tips-for-tapering-off-lamictal-lamotrigine/

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

No im all out of it.

• Administrator

Please think about it.

I will. I just hope im not going crazy.:(

• Administrator

Withdrawal syndrome can be very, very distressing. Many people think they're losing their minds, given the symptoms. They do foolish things. Please hang in there and keep in touch with us.

And do consider a small amount of lamotrigine -- not permanently and not for "mental illness," but to reduce withdrawal symptoms and give your nervous system time to recover from the big shock it's had from your going on and off so many drugs so fast.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Itslistmonster, I am so sorry to read of your experiences.  

I agree with Alto and Rhi, please reconsider reinstating a tiny amount. Your doctor probably wouldn't agree to

such a small amount because they do not believe in withdrawal syndrome, but is you can get any amount

you can take whatever dose you wish. I was like you and was suffering after a too fast taper. I reinstated a tiny

dose and felt better quite soon. Then, when you have stabilised and feel better you can start a slow taper off 

that tiny dose.  It can take many months or even years for withdrawal to settle for someone who has been on

as many meds as you so it makes sense to take a tiny bit just to stop the withdrawal. 

You deserve to feel better than this, you have been through a lot and it is terrible that doctors are not aware of

what they are doing to people with these drugs. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Hey guys....has anyone experienced sleep paralysis, during withdraw???? Ive been getting it a lot lately....and its starting to freak me out :(

Just wondering if there is any success stories of people who have recovered from cold turkey or someone who has tapered to fast?

most people who have protracted issues had a cold-turkey and/or tapered too fast somewhere in their histories...most of us here are in that boat...and I've seen 100s recover...yes...most people recover, absolutely.

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

Thanks Giak for the reply. I know insomnia is a withdraw symptom, but is waking up in a panic attack, and feeling confused a symptom too....I feel like I'm going through cycles where I'm calm and I feel good but then it all changes and I'm back to the same way......especially its so hard to fall asleep...cause I'm so terrified to sleep because when I wake up I get confused and panic.....I just hope I get better...and I don't suffer....I'm only 20 years and I feel so depressed because I should be starting my life...and going to college...I use to be excited and motivated when I was younger....now ever since I was on meds it all went away and I feel like I can't follow my dreams anymore......but there have been days where Im positive and have positive thoughts but then I turn right back to negative and tell myself negative thoughts......am I going to get better? Or am I stuck like this forever?

itslistmonster,

I am young as well (24). I probably tapered too fast from Prozac. I had severe withdrawal symptoms for about 3 months, and now I am feeling significantly better. The withdrawal symptoms are still there but are manageable. The most important thing to remember is that the symptoms will go away eventually. You are young, your mind is resilient, you will heal. Living a healthy lifestyle, both physically and mentally, will reduce the symptoms. Eat well, exercise daily, spend some time outside, do something you like. Don't just sit around all day in agony. I suffered from insomnia and then withdrawals so I can relate to how sh*tty you feel from sleep deprivation. The key is to stay active and stick to a set bed/wake time. If you sleep in too late, you will have a hard time falling asleep that night, which will make the next day worse and so on. 

July 2012: Started Lexapro 10mg for depression/insomnia
September 2012: 2 week taper, followed by 2 weeks of withdrawals (mostly brain zaps)
August 2013: Started Prozac 10mg for depression/insomnia
October 2013: Upped dosage to 20mg
January 2014: Decreased to 10mg
February 2014: Tapered, 10mg every other day, stopped after 30 days.
March 2014: Withdrawal symptoms: brain zaps, severe dry eye, dizziness, lethargy
April 2014: Withdrawal symptoms are better, but still there

Thanks Giak for the reply. I know insomnia is a withdraw symptom, but is waking up in a panic attack, and feeling confused a symptom too....I feel like I'm going through cycles where I'm calm and I feel good but then it all changes and I'm back to the same way......especially its so hard to fall asleep...cause I'm so terrified to sleep because when I wake up I get confused and panic.....I just hope I get better...and I don't suffer....I'm only 20 years and I feel so depressed because I should be starting my life...and going to college...I use to be excited and motivated when I was younger....now ever since I was on meds it all went away and I feel like I can't follow my dreams anymore......but there have been days where Im positive and have positive thoughts but then I turn right back to negative and tell myself negative thoughts......am I going to get better? Or am I stuck like this forever?

Hi, I KNOW how you feel, i used to have that alot in my early withdrawing. I fell asleep and woke up in total panic and had no clue were i were or what was happening, truly horrifying experience, my memory is much better now and i dont have so much panicattacks longer, and if i have them they last for a few days instead of months now! IT GETS BETTER I can promise you that, im much better and yes it does coming back, but it will come back less intense.. my pattern is this - first angry/stressed, then blackouts, then panics/insomnia/memory trouble then after a few days i get HUGE TIREDNESS and sadness, i cry for everything and nothing.. then this period disapear, and it coming back again i suppose before im better but it does get better..

2007 - 2013: was on citalopram (tried to quit a few times, never worked, always went back on. max dose 40mg)

2012-2013: was tapering my citalopram all down to 2,5 mg then quit.
2013/aug: Took  my last pill 

W/D hit me bad after a few weeks off my medicine.

2014/August: 12 months off (much improved)

2015/April: 20months off. ( much improved, still some symtoms comes in waves, but not so intense.)

2015/june: 22months off. FELT different than before, all shakings suddenly stopped, feel much better. a fantastic feeling!

2016/Feb : 2 years and 6 months off, END of my suffering. I feel perfectly fine and back to normal. 
2018/Oct: Iam still feeling great. It is hard to believe my own story when I read back, what I went through!

I hope it does get better. I so hard: ( i just feel like im not gonna ever get better its so hard: '(

What we feel in withdrawal is not real... much of the time withdrawal taints reality and makes it hard to believe in healing ...or that we can't heal it is a withdrawal lie to be expected in withdrawal...knowing this going in may help you over come the temptation to buy in and believe it... it is a lie. 

Don't drink or use illegal drugs do I have to say this maybe not but it is a good idea to avoid this sort of thing ... and I hope I did not need to say it. Stay away from as many drugs and additives as you can ... the cleaner you life and food the better you body can work at healing. 

I also stopped watching anything negative on tv went for peace all the way... I tried for zen... as I think this is the state in which our bodies heal best. I am not saying I was able to do it all the time but I tried... add more zen like things baths nice piano music candles or soft lighting anything I could think of or learn to push the relaxation I would try... some things worked some were a bust but I kept looking and found some things I liked.  Look for what sooths you your body and brain will thank you. 

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

Thanks Btdt, it just like one big mind trip. It freaks me out. It actually feels like your going insane.

I went cold turkey from 10 mg Paxil in 2007, after many failed attempts which already was withdrawal, although this was long before I learned about that on the internet.

It has become a horrific ride and almost the end of me, but after being terribly sick for almost 2 years, recovery started in a bizarre waves and windowd pattern and now 6.5 years on the run I am still recovering, but working again and feeling pretty normal most of the time. 

I will never ever recommend CT but yes, it is possible to recover, also when the first few years feel extremely bad. Recovery never stops and making big progress can still happen at 4-5-6 years off.

10 mg Paxil/Seroxat since 2002
several attempts to quit since 2004
Quit c/t again Oktober 2007, in protracted w/d since then
after 3.5 years slight improvement but still on the road

after 6 years pretty much recovered but still some nasty residual sypmtons
after 8.5 years working again on a 90% base and basically functioning normally again!

It sure is a mind trip.  Your lucky the information is available now tho I would be a lot of people don't find it in time... it is here.

Taper  a lot of years of bs and further damage... for many if only they learned of it in time. 

the mind trip part is just that ... add a chemical to you brain it will act badly and in this case it is a lesson nobody ever has to study again...once is enough... a good solid teacher. 

Taper is the key once your one the drugs.... not taking them would be the better choice if people knew ahead of time... sadly this does not get much airplay in any mainstream way... so the site will be need for a long time to come... tell some people if you can.  It does not mean they will listen in my experience they won't but tell them anyway... you never know it might work. 

I like to think that when the drugs turn on the people i have told they at least have a heads up that it is possible and hopefully they will find a site like this to steer them once that happens. 

peace. 

Had a car accident in 85
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

Does anyone know if muscle spasms are a withdraw side effect? They use to be strong and powerful spasms when i stopped taking the meds....i still have them but they aren't as like powerful as they were before....they last the same amount of time tho.

for sure! Me and many others have had and having muscle spasms, i know how scared you are in the middle of the bad withdrawal, ive been there too

now 8 ,5 months later im sooo much better even tho i have some small symtoms left

but can say my musclespasms are completly gone :D i was soo scared when i had them too

2007 - 2013: was on citalopram (tried to quit a few times, never worked, always went back on. max dose 40mg)

2015/April: 20months off. ( much improved, still some symtoms comes in waves, but not so intense.)

2015/june: 22months off. FELT different than before, all shakings suddenly stopped, feel much better. a fantastic feeling!

2016/Feb : 2 years and 6 months off, END of my suffering. I feel perfectly fine and back to normal. 
2018/Oct: Iam still feeling great. It is hard to believe my own story when I read back, what I went through!

Thanks. I was jw because i get them like everyday...plus my appitite isnt that good either: (

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes, Muscle Spasms/ Tremors are a common withdrawal symptom, its good they are decreasing, taking magnesium can sometimes help with muscle spasms.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Please would you put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature, it makes it easier for people to know your situation when replying to your posts.  Instructions are here:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Last night i felt like i couldnt control myself. I had to keep walking i ouldnt sit still. I was panicing out so bad:( i was in a really dark place lastnight.....having reocurring thoughts.....i started seeing spots like halluctions. And now its morning im calmer. But my body is still shaking....i feel so scared still: (

• Moderator Emeritus

itslistmonster,

I moved your post here from Symptoms because it's about you rather than a topic of general interest. This Intro topic is where you should post your comments and questions on your own experiences in withdrawal. Symptoms and Tapering are meant to be something like a set of reference books, topics where people can read factual matter or opinions on various withdrawal-related topics. No harm done, just wanted to let you know.

What you're experiencing has a name: akathisia.  Here's our topic on that:  Akathisia or agitation? It's a common symptom in withdrawal, so don't think that you're going crazy or that this is something peculiar to you.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

Last night i felt like i couldnt control myself. I had to keep walking i ouldnt sit still. I was panicing out so bad:( i was in a really dark place lastnight.....having reocurring thoughts.....i started seeing spots like halluctions. And now its morning im calmer. But my body is still shaking....i feel so scared still: (

Hang on this too shall pass. 

Had a car accident in 85

• Administrator

Withdrawal syndrome can be very, very distressing. Many people think they're losing their minds, given the symptoms. They do foolish things. Please hang in there and keep in touch with us.

And do consider a small amount of lamotrigine -- not permanently and not for "mental illness," but to reduce withdrawal symptoms and give your nervous system time to recover from the big shock it's had from your going on and off so many drugs so fast.

I also hallucinate, its ok i know how scary it is.. hallucinations disapeared long time ago now. They will go away.. i also woke up in extreme terror , i slept like 1hour then woke up in panic, my heart were beating so fast, i were dizzy, confused , rashes all over my body , in extreme panic.. running around thought i were going insane..

akathisia I had too , when i had this it was crazy i coudlnt sit still, i developed this first time after one reaction after going back on ssri after being off for 4months and i got it in withdrawal too.. it was terrior and scary

see the thread about it so you know what helps... 

I did a lot of walking or tromping as it was winter and the boots were big... 

I live in Canada so Jan hiking is a task.. more like tromping. thru the snow with conviction.

Had a car accident in 85

I am starting to have akathisia. But i tapered my meds to fast. Is it ever going to away someone plese help?

Hi itslistmonster,

I had severe akathisia before and yes, it does go away.  If you tapered too fast and haven't done so already you might want to check in with a mod as to what to do, as *possibly* you might be able to go back up a bit and it might clear.  I can't advise you one way or another as I don't know your history but they can. 

Whatever happens I hope it clears up for you soon.  But trust that it will, no matter how awful it is at the moment.

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

Its been 2 days. I feel like i have to just keep moving:( i had to take a a bendryl so i could sleep lastnight. But even then i kept waking up on and off.

• Administrator

Itslist, withdrawal syndrome can be very difficult and have many odd symptoms, including what's called visual distortions.

It sounds like that's what you had, rather than hallucinations.

Please stay calm during these events. You can make them worse with fear and worry. If you do your best to stay calm, you will see the bad times pass. This is what we call "waves and windows" -- see the topic in the Symptoms forum.

This can go on for quite a while, which is why we suggest reinstating a very small amount of the drug, which can help relieve withdrawal symptoms.