peggy

Burning skin, burning feet

Altostrata

Thanks, RS. It could also be that since you restricted your diet, you're not eating a food to which you have a sensitivity. Or, it could be sugar or carbs or increased folate from increased vegetable intake.

TryingToHoldOn

Does anyone else have a burning face?  My seems to extend down from the back of my head over my forehead to my chin.  The burning areas move from my nose to my cheeks and up to my forehead.  Sometimes all those areas are affected along with feeling extreme tightness and numbness.  Does anyone else have this?

Is this a sign of atypical Trigeminal neuralgia?  It is so intense and causes a lot of agitation in the face.  I just want to rip my face off!  Can anyone else relate?

RachelSusan

@Altostrata

I’ve been taking potassium for 30 days now and wanted to give my thoughts on whether it is helping with the burning skin. The answer is I think it is helping but I don’t know for sure.

I have had burning skin for over a year and it had been continuous. For the first part of the year it had gone from severe to moderate.   About a week prior to starting the potassium it had diminished yet again to the point where it was mild, but still continuous.  I started the potassium and it continued to decrease and about a week after starting the potassium it was mild but intermittent, and then the good news, it went to the point where I had nothing at all. No burning skin for a few days.  So the question is was that the potassium or was it just the continuation of the downward curve? I wish I had a definitive answer for this question.

I did a taper 22 days after starting the potassium and the burning skin returned however it was not as bad as prior tapers. I have burning skin now but it is mild and intermittent. I am ten days into this present taper so I’ll see what happens in the next week.

So to recap, I think it's helping but I don't know for sure. I bought a sixty-day supply of potassium so I will check in again in thirty more days.

Dabhob33

Thank you for the update.  Very good to hear you have found relief.  My burning is now mostly in  my feet.   Eating a banana a day.  My main symptoms now are agitation, toxic sleep (wake in panic) and depression.   

All the best to you.  

Dave

Dabhob33
5 minutes ago, RachelSusan said:

@Altostrata

I’ve been taking potassium for 30 days now and wanted to give my thoughts on whether it is helping with the burning skin. The answer is I think it is helping but I don’t know for sure.

I have had burning skin for over a year and it had been continuous. For the first part of the year it had gone from severe to moderate.   About a week prior to starting the potassium it had diminished yet again to the point where it was mild, but still continuous.  I started the potassium and it continued to decrease and about a week after starting the potassium it was mild but intermittent, and then the good news, it went to the point where I had nothing at all. No burning skin for a few days.  So the question is was that the potassium or was it just the continuation of the downward curve? I wish I had a definitive answer for this question.

I did a taper 22 days after starting the potassium and the burning skin returned however it was not as bad as prior tapers. I have burning skin now but it is mild and intermittent. I am ten days into this present taper so I’ll see what happens in the next week.

So to recap, I think it's helping but I don't know for sure. I bought a sixty-day supply of potassium so I will check in again in thirty more days.

Thank you for the update.  Very good to hear you have found relief.  My burning is now mostly in  my feet.   Eating a banana a day.  My main symptoms now are agitation, toxic sleep (wake in panic) and depression.   

All the best to you.  

Dave

Altostrata

Very interesting, RachelSusan and Dave. Well, at least the potassium doesn't seem to hurt.

littleball

Yeah, burning feet are totally annoying. They burn especially at night, when I put them into bed. I have had these burning sensations for over 9 months with no windows, when they stop, I will be well underway with recovery

LilyBlueRose

Hi I am wondering if anyone suffers from flushing/burning /stinging in the face /ears? I've had on and off redness. And burning in my right cheek and ear. Started around a year after WD and I'm three years off

India

Does anyone get cold burning? I get this feeling I can only describe as cold burning in my limbs and body. If you get it, you’ll know what I mean.

Lloyd
55 minutes ago, India said:

Does anyone get cold burning? I get this feeling I can only describe as cold burning in my limbs and body. If you get it, you’ll know what I mean.

I had burning skin & i get hot cold flushes in my body. Limbs seem to be most affected. The burning sensation died down after 6 or so months.

siwoue
On 3/27/2019 at 3:11 AM, India said:

Yeah, i do! Cold burning.. And hot burning, it switches but always constant over ALL my upper body. 

Frankgrimes

Do any of you have signs of the burning?  Are your hands or feet red?  I have burning from going off Paxil (but then reinstating) and then tapering zoloft (and then reinstating).  Also, have any of you reinstated with reduction in withdrawal symptoms??

Mirthazard

Does anyone got horrible feet pain after going off mirtazapine or other AD?  Trying gabapentin but its barelly helping.

Mirthazard

Its starting to help better after couple of days. Thank you

MRothbard

No. I do get restless leg or something like that where I feel like I have to flex my leg muscles

VincentV

On 5/15/2019 at 4:41 AM, MRothbard said:
On 5/15/2019 at 4:41 AM, MRothbard said:

No. I do get restless leg or something like that where I feel like I have to flex my leg muscles

Yeah i get that, I call it 'leg tension'. I find it really unpleasant, and often worry (probably unduly) that it'll turn into full blown akathisia. I seem to have some weeks where I get a lot and others where its not really there. How often do you get it? 

On 5/10/2019 at 8:14 PM, Mirthazard said:

Does anyone got horrible feet pain after going off mirtazapine or other AD?  Trying gabapentin but its barelly helping.

I used to get what i called boiling 'water foot' where it felt like my right foot (always only my right) was being filled up with hot water. Ive not had it for 5 months or so though. 

MRothbard
22 hours ago, VincentV said:

Yeah i get that, I call it 'leg tension'. I find it really unpleasant, and often worry (probably unduly) that it'll turn into full blown akathisia. I seem to have some weeks where I get a lot and others where its not really there. How often do you get it? 

Not too much lately. about once a week for 10 minutes or so.

Daisygirlsk
On 5/10/2019 at 1:14 PM, Mirthazard said:

Yes really badly

On 5/6/2019 at 11:37 AM, thecowisback said:

what is si?

hang on in there - we will all recover one day, i'm sure xxxx

Mirthazard
On 5/20/2019 at 9:46 PM, Daisygirlsk said:

Yes really badly

Daisy you were on mirtazapine?

Mirthazard

Not sure if its restless legs, the pain and pin and needles sensation is in my feet only, altough i have jerks in my whole body, legs to, while asleep.

armide

Since gradually tapering amitryptilline I was on it for migraine since January 2019 from 25 mg to 2.5 mg ... a burning sensation over my right forearm  which did not let me sleep that day it was 2 April I said I am gonna stop since I am on 2.5 mg....I had some melatonin so I can be able to sleep ... little I know I opened the door to hell the very next night I reinstated amitryptilline to10 mg then I was fine for a month  but I thought that burning feeling was because of the melatonin and then I after a month I was again at 2.5 mg I cutting the 10 mg pill in 4 small pieces it so I guess it was not really 2.5 mg since some of those were less or more ... since May 15 I was gone into swirl of symptoms from burning feet burning skin burning trunk and back itchy scalp and severe anxiety and incapacitating insomnia  I went though a battery of test from mri ultrasound Nerve conduction test all kind of autoimmune test let alone got problems and fast weightloss... but the problem of burning skin tingling stinging doesn’t seem to go away it lessened ain’t but I comes in waves days worse than others I wonder for how long what’s is the best treatment to alllievatr all this .//:I can not wear shoes anymore thin socks and flip flops.  And  the skin of my palms and soles became thin dry and super red my whole body skin backs flaky itchy tender to touch 

any similar experience 

direstraits
On 5/29/2019 at 3:28 AM, armide said:

Since gradually tapering amitryptilline I was on it for migraine since January 2019 from 25 mg to 2.5 mg ... a burning sensation over my right forearm  which did not let me sleep that day it was 2 April I said I am gonna stop since I am on 2.5 mg....I had some melatonin so I can be able to sleep ... little I know I opened the door to hell the very next night I reinstated amitryptilline to10 mg then I was fine for a month  but I thought that burning feeling was because of the melatonin and then I after a month I was again at 2.5 mg I cutting the 10 mg pill in 4 small pieces it so I guess it was not really 2.5 mg since some of those were less or more ... since May 15 I was gone into swirl of symptoms from burning feet burning skin burning trunk and back itchy scalp and severe anxiety and incapacitating insomnia  I went though a battery of test from mri ultrasound Nerve conduction test all kind of autoimmune test let alone got problems and fast weightloss... but the problem of burning skin tingling stinging doesn’t seem to go away it lessened ain’t but I comes in waves days worse than others I wonder for how long what’s is the best treatment to alllievatr all this .//:I can not wear shoes anymore thin socks and flip flops.  And  the skin of my palms and soles became thin dry and super red my whole body skin backs flaky itchy tender to touch 

any similar experience 

Hi armide,

I have many of the same symptoms.

burning hands,feet,back,forearms,lower legs....also tingling and numbness in feet and legs.

also have trouble wearing shoes and socks at times,feet burn so bad.

itchy scalp,too.

I've been drug free 5 years.

armide

hey there 

may I ask you which medication were? you on 

direstraits
3 minutes ago, armide said:

hey there 

may I ask you which medication were? you on 

the last one was paxil

armide

Oh yeah I know that one quite well my father was on it for like 4 years it was quite difficult for him to come out  I had to sleep in the same room so I make sure he doesn’t hurt himself during violent nightmares  can’t recall much about the term of his symptoms but I guess it was a very hard medication to come off

my problem is that burning sensation that never ceases it comes in waves my shrink just put me on pristiq and Latuda to allievqte my anxiety and my severe insomnia but I haven’t started yet really scared to death  I am in zoplicone  and Xanax .25 mg whenever I am anxious 

how are you dealing with the burning and tingling stinging sensations if I may ask 

armide
On 5/22/2018 at 1:20 AM, TryingToHoldOn said:

Does anyone else have a burning face?  My seems to extend down from the back of my head over my forehead to my chin.  The burning areas move from my nose to my cheeks and up to my forehead.  Sometimes all those areas are affected along with feeling extreme tightness and numbness.  Does anyone else have this?

Is this a sign of atypical Trigeminal neuralgia?  It is so intense and causes a lot of agitation in the face.  I just want to rip my face off!  Can anyone else relate?

Hey there 

I have that too on my face mostly sometimes one cheek is hotter than other ...it circulates to the back of my. neck and my back it is extremely annoying get worse with exertion and anxiety 

direstraits

sometimes they're worse than other times...Epsom salts baths are soothing.

just pray it all goes away someday. 🙏

On 5/30/2019 at 2:34 PM, armide said:

how are you dealing with the burning and tingling stinging sensations if I may ask

hussy

I am in month 27 of withdrawal from 5 month effoxor use. I recently started to expereince extreme burning feet. and lot of fatigue .. I am unable to function as of the last 3 days. Its so horrible . How long will this take to improve

Frankgrimes
Posted (edited)
On 3/3/2016 at 7:46 AM, peggy said:

ha ha Fresh... my dog would NEVER get off my bed then - she would be snuffling at the bags..

i am positive now that the burning feet is a withdrawal effect for me and interestingly is one of the only physical one i get regularly - the other being muscle twitching as i am going off to sleep.. i took a 5% reduction the other day and two days later my feet are burning.  

@peggy Hi Did that burning eventually go away once you adjusted (in order to taper again)?  I switched name brand to generic lexapro and I got the burning.  I have never “seen it through” as I always end up having to reinstate.  Does it settle down?  Just want some hope.  Thanks!

Edited by ChessieCat
reduced font

armide
On 5/7/2019 at 11:40 PM, Frankgrimes said:

Do any of you have signs of the burning?  Are your hands or feet red?  I have burning from going off Paxil (but then reinstating) and then tapering zoloft (and then reinstating).  Also, have any of you reinstated with reduction in withdrawal symptoms??

Hi there do you still have red hand and feet I am going through the same it is killing me 

Erikka

I need some encouragement I’m about at my ropes end. I just started last Thursday getting the burning feeling on head and now throughout my body. This symptom will be what breaks me for sure. Any advice to relieve symptoms? 

armide
On 8/7/2019 at 7:59 PM, Erikka said:

I need some encouragement I’m about at my ropes end. I just started last Thursday getting the burning feeling on head and now throughout my body. This symptom will be what breaks me for sure. Any advice to relieve symptoms? 

When did you stop your ssri 

i got this burning which has been constant since May 2019 without interruption nothing relieves it except for which knocks me out then when I wake up the burning will be less until I start My day when I eat it gets worse specially carbohydrates or sugar or meat I lost 10 kGs in these 5 months i went though many test and health anxiety because of it still enduring 

I thnkk you to watch your diet and stress 

cool water bath are good for like an hour and then the burning wakes up again 

Erikka

Thanks armide! I have been off my SSRI for almost 11 months- I did do a 1x dose in May of 2019 and burning started at beginning of August and comes and goes. It’s no fun!