Whitaker and all, thank you

Jose

A few weeks ago I introduced myself to the community here.

I received very encouraging support from moderators and other members. I am truly grateful for that. There was one recommendation, however, from Rhi, who suggested me to read Robert Whitaker's "Anatomy of an epidemic".

I was going to send a message to @Rhi to thank her for this simple suggestion that has already had a profound impact on me, but chose rather to say thanks in public.

This book is a true eye opener a huge step up the ladder. I suspected for a long time that ssris could deteriorate the sufferer's condition in the long term. I came to the forums, suspicion started to take shape. But then this book, this book is the full landscape from the hill top. I have understood, and will understand much more. Everyone should read it to broaden their understanding of the depth and scale of the issue. And to be able to see or at least vision the light at the end of our tunnel, a way out of our living nightmares.

Thank you Robert Whitaker for writing it, thank you Rhi for spending a few seconds typing that message to me, thank you all administrators (Alto and all) for your endurance and care in this community.

Jose

1999-2004 citalopram 10 to 20mg with 2-3 withdrawal attempts.
2004 fluvoxamine for 4-5 months aprox. Changed to venlafaxine because of the headaches and dizziness.
2005-March 2014 venlafaxine usually starting on 150mg and coming down to 75 or 37.5. Several withdrawal attempts.
In March 2014 I stopped taking 37.5mg of venlafaxine without tapering.

Went through 5 months of confusion, anxiety, insomnia and desperation. From then I am very slowly recovering, on windows and waves.

Symptoms: muscle stiffness and aches, shortness of breath, abdominal pain, memory loss, inability to concentrate or think straight, difficulty to speak, difficulty to read (improving).

Taking omega3, magnesium, calcium, vitamin E and probiotics.

• Administrator

You're welcome, Jose.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy