Jump to content
Altostrata

Australia members, please check in here

Recommended Posts

TB1973

I most certainly will!

Thank you :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Cheeky

I will 100%

Share this post


Link to post
NobodySpecial

Checking in from Perth, WA!

Share this post


Link to post
sesamepearls

Hello from Sydney!

Share this post


Link to post
Kristine

Hello from Tasmania! :)

Share this post


Link to post
lucidityreturn

Hi from Sydney

Share this post


Link to post
ang

Hello Licidityreturn, and welcome.   This site is WONDERFUL,   someone on line most hours, and sufferers, help others along in their journey to health.  I can NOT BELIEVE I would every regain my brain and health, I HAVE thanks to the wonderful people on this site.  So welcome, I am in Great Southern Western Australia.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
bubbles

Hi everyone, Has anyone had any success finding a psychologist/mental health OT who is opposed to meds? My experience is that they're very medication-happy and unwilling to support a client without drugs. :(

 

Do you think it's a matter of finding a list of psychologists and ringing them up and interviewing them to find their opinions?

 

Bubbles

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
ZombieMode

Hi Bubbles,

 

I've had some success with this. Two psychiatrists are Dr Yolande Lucire (Edgecliffe NSW), who supported me at a tribunal hearing and ultimately set me free from psych drugs. Another who I have only read about is Dr Nial McLaren, QLD.

 

I recently started seeing a psychologist in Newcastle, NSW who is great and seems to care and understand. Not sure her honest views on the drugs though, I was told that psychologists put their bias' aside in their work. I'm yet to find out if she would prescribe.. as she was recommended to me for talk therapy.

 

As far as I know talk therapy is an actual speciality in psychology - which to me implies the non-use of drugs.

 

ACNEM general practitioners have been extremely helpful for me in my recovery, and in my experience were more than willing to assist me in my wishes to come off drugs.

 

https://www.acnem.org

 

I hope you can find someone close to you!

Share this post


Link to post
bubbles

Thanks ZombieMode, I thought I'd found one, but feedback from a former client put me off. :( It seems that most of them have bought into the disease model, where you have to take pills to fix the underlying problem.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Justcope

Hi! I’m in Sydney. 

Share this post


Link to post
JustwantmyShaneback

Hello, I am in Brisbane and still fairly new here trying to support my partner. I would appreciate getting in touch with anyone local.

Share this post


Link to post
Hopetobefree

Hi everyone, I live in Melbourne and would love to organise a meet up for those who are wanting some face to face support. Is there anyone interested? Or I could possibly come up to Sydney? I've just recently joined SA and I'm going through tough Lexapro withdrawals for 4 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
JustwantmyShaneback

Hopetobefree,

 

Do let me know if you are ever in Brisbane xo

Mel

Share this post


Link to post
Hopetobefree

Hi Mel, I will. I would love to be there right now just to escape the freezing cold Melbourne weather! It doesn't help that I'm also getting constant weird chill sensations randomly at times through my body. They could be another withdrawal symptom because I've never had them like this before. 

Share this post


Link to post
JustwantmyShaneback
19 hours ago, Hopetobefree said:

Hi Mel, I will. I would love to be there right now just to escape the freezing cold Melbourne weather! It doesn't help that I'm also getting constant weird chill sensations randomly at times through my body. They could be another withdrawal symptom because I've never had them like this before. 

I just absolutely love MEL & crisp cold winter! 

Share this post


Link to post
Jelz

Does anyone know how you can get a liquid formula of Zoloft in Australia?

my doctors are not helping. In fact they have not even heard of a liquid formula

Share this post


Link to post
bubbles

Hello @Jelz

 

I'm sorry I didn't see your message earlier. I have tried to find it but it doesn't seem to exist here. :( Options I've found are all from a compounding pharmacy - they can compound a liquid for you but check around as one said it would last a month and another said six months (due to different ingredients, I think); or compounding tablets into capsules of different doses. The second one is what I'm doing. Doc needs to write a script (umm, a private script? I think it's called that) and you take it in. I made some phone calls ahead of time to work out economical amounts.

 

I see that you ceased zoloft in July - how are you doing?

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat
10 hours ago, bubbles said:

I see that you ceased zoloft in July - how are you doing?

 

@Jelz:  To keep this thread on topic, please respond to bubbles' question in their Intro topic here: bubbles

 

Share this post


Link to post
bubbles

Hi ChessieCat

 

Normally I'd have asked that in Jelz' thread, but I see that there isn't one.

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat

Thanks bubbles, I hadn't realised.  @Jelz I've sent you a PM.

Share this post


Link to post
ZombieMode

Is there anyone at all out there who is either on a Community Treatment Order, or knows how to get free from one?

 

Please PM me :,\

Share this post


Link to post
ang

Not me. Thank goodness.  Good luck.  

 

Hello everyone in Australia and elsewhere.   Just a quick follow up as I am too busy finally enjoying life again to sign in very often. Good luck and prayers to you all. Hang in there life does get great again.  

 

Edited by ChessieCat
added update post, orig moved to ang's success topic

Share this post


Link to post
Ryder
7 hours ago, ang said:

Not me. Thank goodness.  Good luck.  

 

Hello everyone in Australia and elsewhere.   Just a quick follow up as I am too busy finally enjoying life again to sign in very often. Good luck and prayers to you all. Hang in there life does get great again.  

 

 

Hi ang,

 

JUst read your signature and was interested.

You stated in your last line that you left to work away from your home, did this help and do you think getting/keeping active earlier

would have enabled you to taper off seroquel easier with your mind engaged with the work and people around you?

 

Thanks,

Ryder.

Share this post


Link to post
bubbles
19 hours ago, ang said:

Hello everyone in Australia and elsewhere.   Just a quick follow up as I am too busy finally enjoying life again to sign in very often. Good luck and prayers to you all. Hang in there life does get great again.  

 

 

Glad to hear you're feeling well. Did you stay on your reinstated amount?

Share this post


Link to post
ang
13 hours ago, Ryder said:

 

Hi ang,

 

JUst read your signature and was interested.

You stated in your last line that you left to work away from your home, did this help and do you think getting/keeping active earlier

would have enabled you to taper off seroquel easier with your mind engaged with the work and people around you?

 

Thanks,

Ryder.

 

Share this post


Link to post
ang

Hi Ryder.  I was only well enough to work eight weeks.  It was long enough to prove to me that my house was so toxic it was killing me.  Finally got away fro the poisoning for good. Got brain back with b12 shots.  My health however is ruined. Heart and lung problems and more. Diagnosed CIRS.     I knew after 13 months of withdrawal problems there was another reason for my illness. Toxic mould. Wish me luck suing Homeswest for my now chronic ill health 

Share this post


Link to post
Ryder
1 hour ago, ang said:

Hi Ryder.  I was only well enough to work eight weeks.  It was long enough to prove to me that my house was so toxic it was killing me.  Finally got away fro the poisoning for good. Got brain back with b12 shots.  My health however is ruined. Heart and lung problems and more. Diagnosed CIRS.     I knew after 13 months of withdrawal problems there was another reason for my illness. Toxic mould. Wish me luck suing Homeswest for my now chronic ill health 

 

Hell if you can get thru withdrawals I wouldnt worry about a thing. Keep yo head up.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.