Hello from Brisbane  😚

Nevertoolate

Hello from Perth 🤗

hayduke

Hi all from NSW

bubbles

Hello new Aus members!

Crowman88

G'Day guys, I'm from Adelaide, South Australia! 

I need help in tapering/coming off Valium and Paxil. Some coping strategies, infornation, online counselling or Skype meetings would be much appreciated. I'm more than friendly and easy-going. I have come off Paxil, but suffering awful withdrawals.

Cheers! 😃

Crowman88
On 11/27/2016 at 12:25 PM, Buffy said:

Welcome :)

The more i learn of the australian mental health system, the more shocked i am that people promote australian health care as adequate.

Mental health in Australia is a very broken system, ruined further by greedy Governments who only care about lining their pockets, and can't see the issues unfolding in front of their own eyes.

hayduke

It's seriously broken.  Always acknowledged as massively underfunded yet never actually gets addressed properly.

Even if they did commit the cash to it it needs a serious rethink of philosophy and approaches.

Some outfits are up to date and doing work I see as helpful, but I've only found those privately so far.

Lloyd

The mental health system here is a joke. No follow up or active contact with you once your referred. The last psychiatrist i saw was so bad i never went back. Seemed to think all my problems stemmed from cannabis usage from when i was a teen and that withdrawal doesn't last long. When it comes to pharma drug induced problems there is almost zero help available unless you want more drugs.