Altostrata

Great Britain members, please check in here

ChessieCat

I'm posting this here on Kiki's behalf:

hi there, i know this may seem a bit random but does anyone know if there is a clinic which will diagnose dystonia. I am desperate for help, i think GPs have been behaving in a way as if for me to foget that I have it or for it to wear off. I feel desperate for help. I really do. My memory is so poor it is incredible. I am  in a desperate position. Please help, I cannot take this anymore.

Happycat

Hello :) :) :)

I am new to this website.

Is anybody on here from London? I would love to make some friends from London :)

Thanks

Hanako

Nelly

Hello I would be interested in connecting with anyone in the north wales area

joy2730

Hi, I am from Ripon/Northallerton area of North Yorkshire.

It would be good to hear of anyone from this area, one person has posted from Sunderland, I visit there now and then!

Bluebird2009

Northern Ireland

Lyssa

I'm quite near to London. It would be great to chat with anyone nearby :).

joy2730

Hi Marmite

I am interested in the Healey project.  Haven't got much time to type now, can you let me know what I need to do to participate.

Joy

Seriouslyscared

Live in Newcatle upon Tyne. I note that there's a person here from Sunderland. Any others in the area? Leaving Tyne and Wear is going to be difficult for the foreseeable future.

Purplerain

Hi all, I'm on the London/Surrey borders x

nz11

This is a gentle reminder urging all people of the motherland to please do the withdrawal survey. Everyone's voice is important but one more so than the UK citizens as it is you that they especially want to hear from. Please do the survey.

nz11

Come on you UK guys lets get survey wise it closes off in two days and you are being beaten by the rest of the world 4:1 in survey response completions.

i know you can do better than this.

nz11

Scorpio
On 24/01/2015 at 9:57 PM, dekiru said:

I'm interested!

I'm in the south. Just outside Portsmouth

I'm just outside Portsmouth, waterlooville. . 

Peculiar

Hi Im new here and from UK . South East , Kent.:)

Altostrata
On 9/28/2018 at 5:51 AM, Caspur said:

Hi ButterflyHope,

If you are in the UK, then yes it should be possible for you to get a liquid form of citilopram via your GP. The problem I've seen from others reporting is the cost. Some GPs will have one eye on their budgets. The liquid preps are expensive at £100-120 a 150ml bottle. My GP prescribed liquid venlafaxine for me with me even prompting him! That said, if there's any objections just make it clear that the NHS got you onto this drug so it has a moral obligation to help you get off it, whatever the cost!

The British National Formulary shows it is available as oral drops 40mg per ml of liquid; see link here.

https://bnf.nice.org.uk/medicinal-forms/citalopram.html

I'm sure it would be possible for the NHS to get it made up at a lower concentration which is probably what you need.

Good luck with your taper.

Caspur

Caspur

Hi all GB members,

Please can subscribers to this forum sign up to the email updates from the http://prescribeddrug.org/ site? There were only 222 people subscribed but some social media activity has pushed it up to 265+.. There are many thousands of people on this forum who will benefit from the work this organisation are doing. I do appreciate many people have their own struggles, but I'm sure the results of their work will have an impact outside the UK in the medium to long term. Lets show them there's a lot of interest in what they are doing 🙌

Many thanks

Caspur

Phoenix76

Hi, I'm in colchester, north Essex, and was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up for a coffee and a chat? I struggled to get clean of anti-depressants after taking Paxil for ten years. Coming off that drug the first time was one of the most awful experiences of my life (don't get me started on GPs). I finally got clean in 2012. Then I went back on them for a few months two years ago, but thankfully stopped. Now I'm struggling to help my mother get off Prozac. Ugghh, it never ends.

India

Hello Members,

Who would be interested in collaborating in starting a London Support Group for SSRI withdrawal?

Has anyone tried to do this before?

Ideas welcome.  I feel it might be more doable as a collective effort.

ChessieCat

FYI

On 12/30/2018 at 3:42 AM, eymen23 said:

Thankfully it looks like I may have solved my minor scale drama. I decided that if I could order a decent scale for next day delivery on amazon.co.uk (even if it wasn’t the Gemini-20), I’d go for it. 

Anyways, after doing a more in-depth search for over an hour, I found and ordered the Gemini-20 scale and I’ll have it tomorrow!

For anybody reading this from the U.K. who wants the scales often recommended here on SA and quickly, search in amazon.co.uk for ‘AWS American Weigh Scales’ and select the milligram option when the search results appear. 

ChessieCat
7 hours ago, Orangeblossom77 said:

For those in the UK- you can get free prescriptions via an NHS card (now a letter) if you are on a low

income and claiming certain benefits. My GP also gives two months supply of meds, this may be helpful 

as you only have to pay one prescription charge, I understand. Then I suppose if you are taking small amounts

of the meds you could buy fillable capsules from Amazon and make more doses as well. I am unsure about 

private prescription charges however.

More info here on the NHS free health costs https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/help-with-health-costs/get-help-with-prescription-costs/

Orangeblossom77

Hi, I'm new in Bath, SW.

Kronos18

Hi.I’m in UK, London.

ChasingRainbows

Another from London here. SW to be precise. Would love to join a support group to meet others on a similar journey. 

ChessieCat
6 hours ago, ChasingRainbows said:

Would love to join a support group to meet others on a similar journey. 

peer-support-meet-up-groups

ChasingRainbows

Anyone from London, UK? 

LivR

Hi, 

I live in Hertfordshire! It would be wonderful if people in this group could complete my survey on antidepressants and withdrawal. It's for a masters journalism project, which is looking at the difficulties people face when they come off antidepressants and the alternative treatments available to them, i.e. talking therapies, cognitive hypnotherapy etc. All results are anonymous and much appreciated!

Thanks very much

uk-survey-for-those-that-have-taken-antidepressants-in-the-uk

sunnysideup69
On 11/1/2018 at 7:26 PM, India said:

Hello Members,

Who would be interested in collaborating in starting a London Support Group for SSRI withdrawal?

Has anyone tried to do this before?

Ideas welcome.  I feel it might be more doable as a collective effort.

Hello there India, wondering if this got started at all. If so, would be interested,

Best regards.

India
On 5/10/2019 at 2:03 PM, LivR said:

Hi, 

I live in Hertfordshire! It would be wonderful if people in this group could complete my survey on antidepressants and withdrawal. It's for a masters journalism project, which is looking at the difficulties people face when they come off antidepressants and the alternative treatments available to them, i.e. talking therapies, cognitive hypnotherapy etc. All results are anonymous and much appreciated!

Thanks very much

uk-survey-for-those-that-have-taken-antidepressants-in-the-uk

I will 

@Ruthmcg We could start it informally. Like a meet-up in a coffee shop once a month.  I’ve been quite unwell with a mix of health issues so this month is out . I called up MIND today.. asked about any support groups or chance of a future group . Reply : contact your gp or pharmacist!! The usual. I feel we need someone strong to run it. It’s incredibly difficult when you are fragile to think of trying to get it together.

sunnysideup69

@India that's a good idea.....I am really up for meeting up informally.

Altostrata

UK members -- Emergency! We need testimonials from UK people who have experienced antidepressant withdrawal syndrome.

I need this immediately, to communicate to Royal College of Psychiatrists, who are revising their clinician guidelines for next week.

It would be best if you had been taking only one antidepressant, no complicated polypharmacy, for a relatively straightforward case history.

Please write up 2-3 paragraphs summarizing your drug history, how you tapered, and withdrawal symptoms. You may use a pseudonym, but include your e-mail, as RCPsych may wish to contact you for more information to write up your case.

Please send it to me in a pm. If you do this, please be aware you are giving your permission, for publication by the RCPsych, with your identity masked,.

Altostrata

The UK advocates have enough stories for now, thank you to all who responded.

Harriet8

Hi, I live in Brighton (although currently staying with parents in Luxembourg because unable to care for myself due to condition).  Housebound, so v tricky to meet up.  But really glad to post here.  Hoping, hoping, hoping there's a way through.  Things so uncertain just now, could find myself based in London for a while, or back at home in Brighton; or in Luxembourg..... 

Anybody here have any experience of psychiatrists who are understanding, informed about this stuff?  I am pursuing possible appointment with a Dr Benito (recommendation from this website).  She's in London.  I think she helped someone on here with a taper.  I have complex array of symptoms, have taken many many meds, and currently on 4 and not stable.  So am deeply afraid of being deemed "beyond help" and receiving that message again, and suggesting a see a neurologist or....  

Purplerain
On 5/14/2019 at 4:40 PM, Ruthmcg said:

@India that's a good idea.....I am really up for meeting up informally.

Count me in as well! x

ChasingRainbows

@IndiaI would love to meet up also. I can give all interested parties my Whatsapp/Viber and we can come to mutual time and date. 

Prince1924

Hi,

I live in Edinburgh, bonny Scotland.

Just wondering if any SA members are meeting up here?