Altostrata

Great Britain members, please check in here

Ooj64

Hi

i live in Cambridge. Keen to meet up or chat to anyone going through withdrawal from Seroxtat. 

• Like 1

Ooj64

I have been slowly reducing seroxtat over the last year. I’ve reduced from 50mg to 10mg and then finally last week I dropped from 10 to nothing - I’m thinking I may have been too hasty! I’m getting lots of brain zapping which I am coping with but then in the evenings and overnight I am having random panic attack’s which are terrifying. Has anyone else been through something similar?

kiki2015

I'm also interested in participating. I live in London.. I have Tardive dystonia. I have self diagnosed myself. I'm sure it's permanent. I 've tried 5 times or more to come off medications and always resisted it. 

Nelly

Hello 

I live in north wales x

Heal95

Hi I’m from the East Midlands 

I would like to meet up with others going through this 

kiki2015

Any psychiatrists in London, the UK who will diagnose tardive dystonia?

Hi I've been on this forum for a while. I'm looking for a neurologist or psychiatrist who will diagnosed tardive dystonia/dyskenesia. Please can someone help me?

ChessieCat

alexrosear
On 6/13/2019 at 6:14 PM, ChasingRainbows said:

@IndiaI would love to meet up also. I can give all interested parties my Whatsapp/Viber and we can come to mutual time and date. 

On 6/6/2019 at 9:51 AM, Purplerain said:

Count me in as well! x

On 5/14/2019 at 4:40 PM, Ruthmcg said:

@India that's a good idea.....I am really up for meeting up informally.

On 5/11/2019 at 9:03 AM, Ruthmcg said:

Hello there India, wondering if this got started at all. If so, would be interested,

Best regards.

On 2/13/2019 at 12:22 AM, Kronos18 said:

Hi.I’m in UK, London.

Forgive me if mistaken, but it seems as though nothing has come of this?

If so, please PM me your phone number and I can create a Whatsapp group to arrange a meeting on ?

alexrosear
On 2/27/2017 at 2:03 AM, Happycat said:

Hello :) :):)

I am new to this website.

Is anybody on here from London? I would love to make some friends from London :)

Thanks

Hanako

On 6/13/2019 at 6:14 PM, ChasingRainbows said:

@IndiaI would love to meet up also. I can give all interested parties my Whatsapp/Viber and we can come to mutual time and date. 

On 6/6/2019 at 9:51 AM, Purplerain said:

Count me in as well! x

On 5/14/2019 at 4:40 PM, Ruthmcg said:

@India that's a good idea.....I am really up for meeting up informally.

On 5/14/2019 at 3:56 PM, India said:

I will 

@Ruthmcg We could start it informally. Like a meet-up in a coffee shop once a month.  I’ve been quite unwell with a mix of health issues so this month is out . I called up MIND today.. asked about any support groups or chance of a future group . Reply : contact your gp or pharmacist!! The usual. I feel we need someone strong to run it. It’s incredibly difficult when you are fragile to think of trying to get it together.

On 2/24/2019 at 5:22 AM, ChasingRainbows said:

Anyone from London, UK? 

Created this for all interested parties 

India
On 10/3/2019 at 2:09 PM, alexrosear said:

I’d love for there to be a London group but I don’t have the strength to run it. I feel like it needs to be someone in later recovery and perhaps in collaboration so as to ease the burden. 

With this much pain, there needs to be a strong container.

What do you think? @kiki2015

@Ruthmcg @ChasingRainbows @Purplerain@Happycat

India
On 10/3/2019 at 2:09 PM, alexrosear said:

@alexrosear i’d love for there to be a London group but I don’t have the strength to run it. I feel like it needs to be someone in later recovery and perhaps in collaboration. 

With this much pain, there needs to be a strong container.

Here is the first one recently set up in Worcester. Maybe someone could contact group leader? Maybe he has suggestions.

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/regional/17947350.support-group-set-worcester-help-people-get-off-addictive-prescription-medication/?ref=rss

Ian Singleton runs one at The Tranquilliser Project in Bristol.

India

Also, might be worth contacting James @

http://www.letstalkwithdrawal.com/about-me/

He’s interviewed quite a few WD sufferers.

There is a Facebook group. If you start the group maybe it could be put on the group’d  notice board. 

Nelly

Hello 

is there anyone from North Wales/ Cheshire/ Shropshire who would be interested in setting up a group/meeting up? X

India

@Nelly good luck. The more face to face groups the better! 

@alexrosear Also, I wonder if The Philadelphia Association of Hampstead might be interested in hosting or providing guidance on a group. They have charity status. It was founded by R.D.Laing in the 60s. He was one of the critical or anti-psychiatrists along with Szasz.

https://www.philadelphia-association.com/

DeterminedAnna

Liquid Seroxat shortage in the UK until January 2020:

https://psnc.org.uk/our-news/seroxat-paroxetine-20mg-10ml-oral-solution-out-of-stock-until-january-2020/

Sorry if this has already been shared, but thought it might be important to people in the UK using liquid Seroxat to taper.

Only found this out on Friday (22 November) after a frustrating experience with my local, regular (Well) pharmacy whose staff are clueless about antidepressant withdrawal and why it's vital to not stop abruptly. Tried two independent pharmacies immediately after – no luck – and then a LloydsPharmacy which, without much confidence, said they might be able to get me my prescription by Monday (25 November).

After crashing in January having got down to 5.96mg after 20mg for 17 years, I am only just stabilising, 11 months later, having updosed to 7.72mg in May. Friday's discovery that I might be thrown back into withdrawal sent me into panic that I've not had for months. Is it possible to be traumatised by withdrawal?

Anyway, I ordered this repeat prescription from my GP AFTER this nationwide alert and my GP didn't inform me of the shortage. My GP should be very aware of this because I've been in and out of local mental healthcare this year thanks to Seroxat withdrawal, and leaving me without liquid Seroxat will inevitably be more troublesome (and therefore costly to local NHS) than sorting my prescription proactively.

Luckily, on returning home I realised I have two spare bottles of liquid Seroxat that I kept when my GP mistakenly prescribed too much in the past.

My advice – when possible, get yourself some backup bottles for these situations (when it's available again, try to get an extra bottle from your GP). Yes, you can make liquid from Seroxat tablets, but be aware that changes to formulation and dosing can have effects, so personally I try to stick with stable routines.

If you're due to get a liquid Seroxat prescription before January, try to do so in person, with plenty of time before you run out of your current bottle, and show your GP the above link if necessary.

UPDATE 25 NOVEMBER 2019: further to the above, my local LloydsPharmacy can't get hold of liquid Seroxat. Local mental health team suggested I switch over to 10mg tablets in case the shortage continues (I'm still on 7.72mg). After months of explaining how sensitive I am to dose changes, they clearly still don't get it – and how reluctant I am to increase my dose and backtrack on my holding for nearly seven months, especially as it's only been in the last month that I've seen a return to relative normality. Think it might be time to revisit this... 
Edited by DeterminedAnna