Altostrata

Texas members, please check in here

Altostrata

Please post below if you live in Texas.

I am thinking that connecting our members geographically will enable

• Face-to-face meetings or phone contacts for those of you who wish to meet
  • Support groups
  • Sharing information about doctors, clinics, compounding pharmacies, etc.
  • Organizing to educate physicians, hospitals, and university professors
  • Organizing to contact members of local and national government
  • Research by Texas researchers

Even if you don't wish to do any of the above, if you are in Texas, please check in here.

Please also click the Follow This Topic button at the top right so you will receive notices about others posting here.

AND -- if you've haven't introduced yourself to the rest of the community yet, please go to our Introductions and Updates forum and start a topic for yourself. You can post updates to your Intro topic to track your progress.

Edited by Altostrata
updated

lundeliz

This sounds great! Im a Texan.

Designerguru

Me, too!! I'm in a Houston suburb!! Sounds awesome, Alto!!

Down to 18.75 mg from 150 mg Effexor & doing a lot better than when I found this site in February.

Kudos to Alto & all the mods.

Anne

alexjuice

I live in Texas. SW Austin area, near the Y at Oak Hill. Where I live is important since getting around the city has never been more difficult due to all the newcomers overwhelming the infrastructure and making old timers like me very crabby.

Altostrata

alexjuice

I am interested in meeting face to face with anyone in the Austin TX area to discuss recovery strategies and for reciprocal hope, optimism and encouragement. Let's make a great future here in Central Texas!

Littleredhead

I live in S.W. Texas, Houston area.  

jpollei

I live in Austin, TX.

AnotherAnon

Just now seeing this thread. I live in Austin, would love to meetup for "reciprocal hope".

alexjuice

I am in Austin also and interested in having a post-psych-surviving meetup here sometime in the near future. I think it'd be great to meet some people who get it here in central Texas.

LucyJed

Dallas Texas. Withdrawl from SSRI. Support

HeatherAshley

Conroe, TX :)

Beeba

I'm in San Marcos, TX!  

Craig

I'm in Austin Texas and I am desperate to talk to anyone who knows about this stuff.  I want to talk or meet ASAP!  Let's support each other!!!

retexan599

My story is in my introduction thread, but just FYI, I live in Southwest Houston, TX.  

John 

Craig

I am in Austin also and interested in having a post-psych-surviving meetup here sometime in the near future. I think it'd be great to meet some people who get it here in central Texas.

Hi I'm in Austin and Im one month into my taper and I would love to have someone to talk to but all I get on this site are crickets.   Is anyone interested in providing supports and swapping info?

Craig

I'm in San Marcos, TX!  

How are you doing?  Im in Austin and really starting to feel it too.  Do you feel better?

LucyJed

Hey Craig

I'm in Dallas

How are you doing this week?

LJ

Beeba

I'm in San Marcos, TX.

LucyJed

Hey Beeba

I'm in Dallas but from SA

How r you doing?

LJ

Hellbutrin

I'm getting desperate. I can't stand feeling like this anymore. I feel like my brain is attacking itself and it's not getting any better. It's already been 9 months for me since my C/T and I haven't made ANY improvement. 

Is anyone from the Dallas, Texas area that can offer some advice on a doctor that I can go see that understands withdrawal? 

The only thing keeping me from trying to reinstate is the fear that it could make me worse. 

potions

Hey Hellbutrin.

I don't know any doctors or psychiatrists from that area who understand AD withdrawal. The most well known doctor is Healy; maybe you could contact him or set something up.

At 9-12 months off sertraline, I was in hell. Total anhedonia, extreme fatigue and akathisia, horrid unbearable anxiety, extreme insomnia even with benadryl and other sleep aids, severe depression etc. It was unbearable. My intro topic began when I was 10.5 months off, and boy was I suffering. I also felt like I had gone backwards actually, and didn't feel like I had made any progress at all at that point.

Since then, I've been progressively getting better. Anhedonia comes and goes, emotions come and go, akathisia completely subsided, etc. I still have some pretty horrid symptoms at 19.5 months off, but I am significantly better than I was 9 months ago. Maybe your windows will start suddenly. Please hang in there. I feel as though my healing started at 11 or so months.

Bandboy

From Dallas, TX

W2zc2PPDd

I'm in Houston. I'm not comfortable giving out my phone number online but I might be comfortable with being Facebook friends or email penpals.

roasten
Posted (edited)

Did you find a doctor? I'm also in Dallas and need help with this drug. I'm having some pretty serious withdrawal side effects and don't know what to do. Thanks and I hope you're feeling better.

Edited by Altostrata
removed mod note

Bandboy

To all you Dallas participants, I would be grateful for references to pdocs who understand tapering. 

Thanks, 

Bandboy

LilBit

I am in Baytown TX but am willing to travel anywhere in TX to see a doctor who understands tapering and WD.  Thanks

roasten

I'm looking for any doctors, nutritionists, naturopaths, etc. in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area that understand discontinuation syndrome.

LucyJed

Having suffered for several years with withdrawal I’ve found almost zero Drs or natural dr types who truly understand.  Read the Ashton Manual if you haven’t already...

The best you can do is talk to Baylissa Fredrick at Recovery Road

she is online and provides phone consulting and live webinars.

A low carb keto type diet.  No sugar, no alcohol, no caffeine , light exercise, low stress, nurturing, meditation, sleep, prayer etc.

only supplements I can take are melatonin and some magnesium.

be prepared as hardly anyone will understand - it’s shocking.

one therapist that is an ex drug counselor helps me. His name is Steve Tomutsa ‭(510) 343-7541‬

hes in Irving.

good luck

LJ

MRothbard

In denton texas. I would really like to meet with a group or individual. Or maybe have an accountability partner in this.