The movie "Numb"

Bellisimo

have anyone seen this movie?

i cant find if someone already posted this

http://www.numbdocumentary.com/Numb_Documentary/Home.html

2007 - 2013: was on citalopram (tried to quit a few times, never worked, always went back on. max dose 40mg)

2012-2013: was tapering my citalopram all down to 2,5 mg then quit.
2013/aug: Took  my last pill 

W/D hit me bad after a few weeks off my medicine.

2014/August: 12 months off (much improved)

2015/April: 20months off. ( much improved, still some symtoms comes in waves, but not so intense.)

2015/june: 22months off. FELT different than before, all shakings suddenly stopped, feel much better. a fantastic feeling!

2016/Feb : 2 years and 6 months off, END of my suffering. I feel perfectly fine and back to normal. 
2018/Oct: Iam still feeling great. It is hard to believe my own story when I read back, what I went through!

I would love to feel numb at this point. Haven't seen the documentary. Would like to.

Been on many and various AD's since 92. Began Lexapro, a life saver, in 08. Began taper Aug 13 - Oct 13. Terrible time with the withdrawal.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

NUMB the movie: documentary on SSRI withdrawal ...

The filmmaker, Phil Lawrence, developed withdrawal syndrome off Paxil and went on Prozac https://seroxatsecrets.wordpress.com/2007/09/16/update-on-phil-lawrence-and-his-paxil-withdrawal-documentary/

Phil's blog, Uncomfortably Numb, has been removed.

Web site for the film: http://www.numbdocumentary.com/Numb_Documentary/Home.htmland a blog http://numbdocumentary.blogspot.com/ that hasn't been updated since 2010.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Fb page has entries 2012-2013:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Numb-Documentary/108614919168098?sk=timeline

One would guess he might have gone back to being numb on the ADs, unfortunately and stopped pursuing the project and pages. Very sad, it is so hard to rebuild a life after taking meds for so long.

He still has a video production company, though. Probably not too interested in fielding information requests on antidepressants. I guess you have to buy the DVD to see the movie but we all know how it ends.......

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Wait, so the the guy that made a documentary about withdrawal never actually managed to come off SSRIs?

December 2010: 10mg Citalopram

April 2011: 5mg for 2 weeks then cold turkey withdrawal - Extremely bad depression / no emotions

June 2011: Reinstated 10mg - After 3 weeks started getting impulsive suicidal thoughts

July 2011: Cold turkey - Withdrawal hell begins...

January 2021: Reinstated 0.1mg Citalopram as last resort

February 2021: 0.2mg Citalopram for 2 days had bad foggy head so went back down to 0.1mg

Upon reducing I experienced low mood, suicidal thoughts, burning up, low appetite, very bad insomnia, mild diarrhoea

22 Feb 2021: Stopped all Citalopram after panic / depression attack and crying similar to when I reinstated back in June 2011.

4 April 2022: Reinstated 0.1mg Citalopram - Anxiety + foggy head

5 April 2022: Stopped Citalopram - More lasting damage...

• Moderator Emeritus

I think it relates a lot to sustained focus, boy do I miss that.......past use of SSRI's and other psychoactives.   Same thing, I know like ADD.

I still feel able to visualize creatively........much less able to follow through with ideas though........focus messed up.......time perception a bit too.    Or maybe it's prioritizing........sometimes I think I am trying too hard to be doing my non-electives.......those things and people that just keep showing up and needing my attention.  Wait......those are my electives.  But one can't ever put the self care program in the background.

I sure hope he didn't go back on medication as voiced above.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Wait, so the the guy that made a documentary about withdrawal never actually managed to come off SSRIs?

No, his withdrawal symptoms caused too much disruption in his life and he started taking Prozac on the advice of his doctor. See:  https://seroxatsecrets.wordpress.com/2007/09/16/update-on-phil-lawrence-and-his-paxil-withdrawal-documentary/

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy