Claudius

Claudius Time for partial success story

Claudius

I wrote already a lot in this forum and others, and like many I was totally unaware of what was ahead of me when I quit Seroxat. Even after repeated attempts to quit, the dime did not fell and in September 2007, still ignorant about WD and tapering, I quit for the final time from 10 mg just before going on a holiday to Italy.

The holiday was about the best 2 weeks of my life, but one month after being home again the withdrawal hit me hard as ever. And that was the start of a long long road though Hell and beyond, in which I visited numerous therapists,  lost my job, tens of thousands of bugs and felt like worse than the living dead for almost 2 years.

But this is about succes stories... :)  The good news is that recovery started in the second year off, albeit slowly and bumpy whit long and nasty waves for another couple of years . Now after more than 6.5 years off I feel pretty much close to healed. Many symptoms are gone completely, I feel mentally pretty stable (not to confuse with very happy because I still have many things to worry about in life), a pretty active social life and embared for a 80% job for the first time in Februatry this year.

Unfortunately, my employer had to close their business recently so I have to hunt for a job again, but for many years this was really impossible. But I know that even further recovery will come and though it takes 7-8 years in total, we DO recover from this and we ARE able to built a new life. 

I will give an other update if even better news is available.

Rhiannon

Thanks for telling us Claudius, it's so wonderful to hear! It's been a long hard climb for you, but here you are! I'm so happy to hear it.

Jemima

Great good news, Claudius! I hope you find much satisfaction and happiness in your recovery.

Altostrata

Claudius! It's been such a long journey, so happy to hear you can say you're just about healed. Remember when this seemed impossible?

Petunia

This is such good news Claudius and thank you for taking the time to write about your success.  You are an inspiration and proof that recovery does happen, even if it takes several years.

WinningThrough

That's wonderful news, Claudius. Thank you for posting this.

nn123

Hi Claudius, thanks for posting this. How would you describe the progression of your recovery over the past few years? Slow and steady?

alex

Thak you for posting Claudius;I am happy for you, really.

Claudius

Thanks for your reactions. My progress over the last few years has been very slowly and still with the waves/windows pattern.

I feel emotionally pretty strong now, see some future (for a long time I did only see a very dark and black future) and see the light at the end of the tunnel.  But I say partial recovery, because the tinglings and electrical jolts are still there, but when they are on their low points, I feel able to funciton normally. So I still need more time (nobody knows how much more I guess) to feel healed completely.

nn123

Thanks for your reactions. My progress over the last few years has been very slowly and still with the waves/windows pattern.

I feel emotionally pretty strong now, see some future (for a long time I did only see a very dark and black future) and see the light at the end of the tunnel.  But I say partial recovery, because the tinglings and electrical jolts are still there, but when they are on their low points, I feel able to funciton normally. So I still need more time (nobody knows how much more I guess) to feel healed completely.

I'm happy to hear you are feeling stronger. Do you feel you've passed the plateau phase you were concerned about in January? How would you compare the way you feel now to the way you felt two years ago?

mammaP

Thank you for sharing this with us Claudius, I'm really happy for you and hope you will soon be completely recovered  :)

adrianctn

Hi Claudius,

How are you feeling now?

Wishing you the best,

Adrian

Claudius

One update 4 years later!

Can't believe this took so many years of my life, and finally I cane to a point that my horrible PAxil wd ride is something of the pasts now. I hardly read forums about the matter and have resumed my life. Though it was very hard ti find a job after being off regular work for about 8 years, I found a nice job in my former (ICT) area almost 2 years ago and I managed to keep it and even get good remarks. 

Still have some residual issues however, now more than 10 years after the last dose! I can handle overstimulation less well than before but it still improves albeit very slowly. And I hit my 50th year birthday recently and that has a hard impact on me. not having been able to start a family still bothers me a lot but that is not related to the WD but rather one of the reasons starting an SSRI... But I have a good social life and feel mentally stable.

Anyway, I want to make clear that healing continues also after 5-6 years or more and I want to tell you I am doing fairly well and consider the WD experiience as history.

All the best, Claudius

26952611_10215347934557426_3880312015128754388_o.jpg

deadbrain

Thank you.  May God bless you.  Btw u don't look 50. U look perhaps  in your thirties😉

Itzakadoozee

👍🏼

Madeleine

Looking good!  Your update is very much appreciated!

Best wishes and blessings,

M. 

coldturkmama

Awesome!!

so very happy for you!!

did the mental issues take as long to clear up? 

All the best!

Claudius
On 1/30/2018 at 3:46 AM, coldturkmama said:

Awesome!!

so very happy for you!!

did the mental issues take as long to clear up? 

All the best!

No, the mental issues were horrific for the first 2 years or so but after that I started to become mentally more stable.

I also followed therapy in those days, though this could not stop the WD induced racing and scary thoughts, it did help to come in terms woth my bullying past and some other old skeletons haning in my closet. From 2012 or so I was mentally healed though still felt an enormous hatred against Big Pharma and GSK in particular. I still detest those criminal organizations but do not think so much about the subject anymore...

coldturkmama
2 hours ago, Claudius said:

No, the mental issues were horrific for the first 2 years or so but after that I started to become mentally more stable.

I also followed therapy in those days, though this could not stop the WD induced racing and scary thoughts, it did help to come in terms woth my bullying past and some other old skeletons haning in my closet. From 2012 or so I was mentally healed though still felt an enormous hatred against Big Pharma and GSK in particular. I still detest those criminal organizations but do not think so much about the subject anymore...

:)

in total how many years did it take to say you are now healed from all of this?

im on year 4...,ugh

coldturkmama

I just wasn’t sure from what I read, if it was 6.5 or 6.5 + more 

So glad you came through the other side!

mustangwoman

I'm so happy for you!  Thank you for letting us know there is hope on the other side!

Claudius
On 2/4/2018 at 9:40 PM, coldturkmama said:

I just wasn’t sure from what I read, if it was 6.5 or 6.5 + more 

So glad you came through the other side!

At 6 years off I started to work for 80% but still had some pretty nasty residual issues. At 7 years off I felt better than at 6 years off and started hunting for work again. This was not easy and it was not before 2016 until I found my current job. I was 8 years off then.  Currently 9 years off, still some minor residual issues but I am confident that even further healing is possible and I am able to lead a normal working life now.

coldturkmama
7 hours ago, Claudius said:

At 6 years off I started to work for 80% but still had some pretty nasty residual issues. At 7 years off I felt better than at 6 years off and started hunting for work again. This was not easy and it was not before 2016 until I found my current job. I was 8 years off then.  Currently 9 years off, still some minor residual issues but I am confident that even further healing is possible and I am able to lead a normal working life now.

Thank you for that, it encourages me. :)

Thankful for your testimony. Glad you are doing so well!

MorganK

Thank you so much Claudius! I Was needing this today. Only a year in and every time I feel like I’m improving the symptoms hit again. Just gotta keep going ✊🏻

FarmGirlWorks
On 2/4/2018 at 10:33 AM, Claudius said:

From 2012 or so I was mentally healed though still felt an enormous hatred against Big Pharma and GSK in particular. I still detest those criminal organizations but do not think so much about the subject anymore...

Thanks for coming back with your story. I look forward to the day that I don't want to sue Pfizer...