SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Is it always going to be like this?

Nickie

A healthy body is a body in a very complex equilibrium . Anything that disrupts that equilibrium causes problems. SSRI s are a good example. Its sensible to be cautious.

There's an old saying a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, am reminded of that frequently when seeing many of the quasi scientific posts on this board. If there was a quick fix or a miracle cure it would have been found by now and I have NEVER heard of anyone being healed or obtaining significant symptomatic relief from taking anything .Difficult to accept but true

Paxil 10mg 21/2 years to June 2012 after a 2 month taper

It is mostly time that's the healer, but we can move healing along by taking care of ourselves. It's certainly better than the opposite -- getting in the way of our own healing, which is what most people do all the time. (I know I do.)

As dalsaan said, too many people come here with the mindset they will find the golden key to their condition, and with that one talisman, set everything right. This is the mindset that leads many of us to psychiatric drugs in the first place. It's also the mindset that leads people to read a topic on, for example, vitamin D, a generally beneficial vitamin, and decide to take a huge amount, making themselves sick, rather than test very small doses to begin with.

Or, if we suggest reinstatement of perhaps 2mg of a drug, they'll take 20mg -- because more is better, right? and they think it might be the golden key.

We see this over and over, despite patiently telling people over and over to be careful, to be mindful, to be patient, and not to expect to get fixed immediately.

But just to give an example. I heard over and over on here that it's not good to exercise strenuously, so I didn't. Then I found out by doing it in small amounts, under the right conditions and listening to my body...well, that was true sometimes, but not all the time. As a result, I have been able to very gradually increase time, intensity and distance in my exercise. That ability to exercise more and at a higher level has made a huge difference to my mood and outlook on my future, never mind what it's done for my body.

Let's look at your example. We warned that strenuous exercise may make symptoms worse. So you didn't dive into it -- as so many people here have -- and, when you were ready, you ramped up at your own pace. I count that as a success in taking care of yourself which, you may note, is a refrain the mods sing over and over.

We encourage people to seek any number of ways to subtly assist healing, and to do it in a way that they're not likely to hurt themselves. freespirit, I take exception to your characterization of all this caring, hard work as "demeaning."

Now, think carefully -- if you had the responsibility that a mod does, what would you be telling people about various remedies?

Thanks for your response Alto. I fully understand your point about being careful and and conservative in the approach to things, especially given the human nature response to believe if a little of something is good..then a whole lot more would be a whole lot better. I'm not suggesting you should recommend anything and everything.

However, and you may just find this to be semantics...but...not recommending versus telling people who are finding relief from something that there's no way it will work...or asserting that people who sell devices or essential oils are charlatans, are I think, 2 very different things.

I am not saying your hard work and attempts to keep people from falling off a cliff are demeaning. I think all of you have patience that is beyond belief..and not something I'd be able to muster anymore. I find myself unable to read some things on here, because it pushes my frustration over the edge. I think you're all amazing in being able to be there, in spite of people begging for help, then ignoring every single thing you tell them.

It is some of these aspects of human nature that made me stop wanting to work with people. People came to me, expecting I had the magic wand (I used to actually have one in my office, to make a point when people tried to put me in that position)...and I found for the most part, that clients were unwilling or unable to do much that supported what we were doing in the office...and nothing I said or did made a bit of difference in that regard. I came to see that my continuing to work like that, was in a way, both ineffective and unethical. I know many practitioners will take people's money and feel fine about it, but I didn't. I didn't want people making me responsible for their health and was tired of clients getting angry when the therapy didn't "fix" them....so I understand quite a bit about human nature and how frustrating the whole process can be. I'm sure practitioners have been frustrated with me over the years, as I tended to focus on one aspect of health and expect that to help all my problems. We all do what we can, when we can.

I didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest here...I do appreciate the hard work and dedication you bring.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

Freespirit,

I agree with you. As you know I advocate that people search for their 100 little things that support healing for them. However, I would say that posters here are often looking for the quick fix, the one thing that will bring them relief. The find your own path strategy takes discipline, courage, thoughtfulness, patience and the willingness to be responsible for your own health. If people don't have that and are throwing many different things at a destabilised nervous system, the results are disastrous.

We do encourage conservative trials of things, that's why we have a symptoms forum. I really like the contribution you are making to this in terms of supporting a focus on healing and living rather than fixing.

Dalsaan

We can't possibly know for another person what might or might not bring healing. It's pretty obvious from what has been tried on the board that what helps one person, makes another very ill. We are all different, with different needs, at different times.

Perhaps you don't recognize, but the mods carry a certain power or expectation of expertise. Some people will think, well the mods know what's right, and not try something that could be beneficial. I'm not advocating that people do a million disruptive things to their nervous systems either.

But just to give an example. I heard over and over on here that it's not good to exercise strenuously, so I didn't. Then I found out by doing it in small amounts, under the right conditions and listening to my body...well, that was true sometimes, but not all the time. As a result, I have been able to very gradually increase time, intensity and distance in my exercise. That ability to exercise more and at a higher level has made a huge difference to my mood and outlook on my future, never mind what it's done for my body.

I realize this discussion probably belongs on the what is healing thread...but since the comments have been what they have on this thread, I'm putting them here. I try to think what it's like for people on this thread who have reported improvement through the devices, or who are just trying them out. I don't see myself doing it, but I'm interested in healing through many forms...and why not this form too?

As a mod I am acutely aware of the power and expectations and you are right we can't possibly know what is right for each persons healing journey at that time - so we have two options - we provide no input at all or we go conservative with the start slow listen to your body line which is the mainstay of advice on this site.

When.i look through this thread on exercise - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/931-exercise-what-kind-and-when-is-it-too-much/page-4 the messages I see from mods are 1) exercise is beneficial, 2) start slow and listen to your body 3) if that goes ok you can work up to more strenuous exercise, 4) if you find it exacerbates withdraw a it is likely a cortisol reaction. Given that people can't know in advance the impact that exercise will have on them I think this is a very appropriate engagement and one that is very cognisant of power, expectations and responsibilities.

Dalsaan

Fair enough Dalsaan...I can't think of where I've seen other posts along the way, besides the exercise thread. But I remember a number of times where it's been emphasized that gentle exercise is best, and that anything more strenuous is not recommended. Perhaps it's good that I held myself back as long as I did...as I've had few problems with increasing symptoms..

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

For those of us who are trying 5 or 100 things, I find it demeaning to have mods keep saying that the one and only thing that heals is time. That everything from essential oils to acupuncture to meditation practices do not help, are unproven, or are simply distraction while "time" heals is a very limited view of what healing entails.

I'm sorry if you have felt demeaned by any comments I've made about time being the healer of withdrawal. Actually, I agree with you that the healing process is complex and there is much more to it than we understand.

The way I see it is that any non-drug treatment or activity which makes us feel better, even temporarily, for whatever reason, as long as there isn't an adverse reaction is helping the recovery process. When we are 'feeling' better, more relaxed and hopeful, the body is better able to do its repair work. Anything which decreases anxiety and turns off the fight/flight response is going to be helpful.

Unfortunately, I've yet to see any evidence of any one treatment or activity which accelerates the recovery of everyone who tries it. For every person who tries something, there are other people who find it makes them worse. So, as a mod, I have to be careful what I recommend and support because I don't want to lead anyone into doing something which is going to make them worse.

My own experience has been that my symptoms have been made worse by activities which others have found helpful, so I've had to be careful. With time, my nervous system has been calming down and I've been able to do some of the activities which previously made symptoms worse.

From what I've seen during my time as a member here, and I've done a lot of reading, is that the passing of time is the only common factor which I've noticed as people recover.

So my conclusion is that everything that helps, helps, but even if nothing helps, with time, we will recover anyway, unless there are other harmful factors which are preventing recovery.

Petunia,

I've never felt demeaned by the comments you've made about time being the healer. Because, I don't see you dismissing attempts of people to find other avenues of healing.

I can't imagine there would be any one thing that would help everyone...and what's on the board really exemplifies that. Each person has their own path, dependent on any number of factors, many of which we may never fully understand. And I can understand why you can't recommend things, not knowing if they might help or make matters worse.

For whatever reasons, maybe some people need to rest and withdraw from most any kind of activity in order to heal. But for some of us, that's a recipe for disaster. Though I may have sometimes overdone things like qi gong or exercise, the negative effects have been pretty short-lived. For me, sitting in my chair for long periods is the path to hell. That doesn't mean that I spend no time relaxing, because I do...but simply waiting for time to heal is not an option for me.

I know that some of this for me comes from losing so many people I cared about to death, including the years I spent doing hospice work. It's been especially heightened since my wife's death, and something I've lived with most of my life. Most people believe there is always tomorrow to do something..while I've seen over and over, the regrets dying people have for setting the most important things aside for another day or time...only to find that time has run out. In addition, I feel a certain sense of responsibility (not sure that's exactly the right word) to live my life well and as fully as I can. My wife died young, and here I am alive, and in Mary Oliver's words, "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" It matters to me in ways I cannot express that I not wait on what I really value. And while it does not mean being reckless with my mind/body, it does sometimes mean stretching beyond what I find comfortable.

Perhaps for some people on the board, finding this or that in the course of WD will not become a permanent part of their lives..it's more something they do while healing. But for me, I don't plan to ever return to the ways I used to live my life. These things are my life, not something to do to pass time or to fix a symptom. I know I keep repeating that and I've never found you to be someone that skated along the surface either...so I'm not saying them for your benefit, but for some of the mods who don't seem to appreciate that there's a difference in the intention.

Current Medications:

Mary Oliver

• Administrator

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

From Brassmonkey on the essential oils and brain injury thread:

"Essential Oils may make you feel a bit better if you have "normal" depression or anxiety, but will do nothing for the chemically induced feeling we experience here."

From Skyler's post on this thread above (regarding these devices):

"I don't think we should expose ourselves to treatments offered by people who are in all likelihood charlatans."

and from another post in same thread June 2015

"I used an alpha stim a few years ago.  It may have had another name, but it involved putting electrodes on my head to deliver an electrical current, the same as this does.  I had a light headed feeling that was actually rather pleasant, but no other benefits.  I turned the machine back in before the 3 mos. warranty was up, and was glad to have gotten my money back.  I don't see how it could help with withdrawal, or anything else for that matter.  Blue, I wouldn't go for this.. you would be wasting the money."

July 12, same thread:

"There is a placebo effect for some, but if you have real problems (which we do), this this is not going to help."

I'm sure this is going to make me very unpopular with mods and some of the members too. I know there are more things, but I am not in the space to keep searching through threads at the moment. I need to get off here and out into my life.

Current Medications:

Mary Oliver

• Administrator

Mods, take a look at freespirit's post and temper your comments accordingly.

Frankly, I think this is good sense from Skyler:

"I don't think we should expose ourselves to treatments offered by people who are in all likelihood charlatans."

As someone who seems always to be looking for "alternative" care, I could not agree more that one needs to carefully research anyone who claims to offer cures.

One aspect of care that requires a lot of work to counter is that people are always finding alternative treatments for "depression" all over the Web -- treating "depression" being a thriving industry in the alternative world, too -- and misunderstand that while such treatments might be at worst harmless for "depression," they may be harmful for people whose nervous systems are sensitized by withdrawal.

Dealing with withdrawal syndrome is very, very different from dealing with "depression." This is probably the only place in the world where you will find cautions about jumping into, say, St. John's Wort or 5-HTP to treat withdrawal symptoms.

If people want to participate in discussions about how such things might be miracle cures, there are many, many places on the Web where one might do so. We simply don't subscribe to that here.

If anyone finds their freedom to experiment with remedies to be hampered by participation here, you are welcome to exercise that freedom elsewhere. If you ignore our advice, hurt yourself, and come back here complaining about it, we will of course be patient with you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm always happy to have a conversation about moderation and productive/non productive approaches. I would note though, in the interest of fairness, that the comments used as examples where made before the posters became moderators (which again to be fair, is not obvious because when a member's status changes to moderator that becomes their status on every post they ever made).

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Personally, I think the moderators do a great job of cautioning people not to go overboard trying various remedies vs. giving things a shot in a cautious manner.  It is the best balancing act I have seen on various boards.

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

I don't think coconut oil gets a fair shake on SA. I few who have tried it has dramatic results (Fresh and I for example.)

I know some people have problems with it, but

I am dubious that coconut oil has any special properties, but it sure tastes good.

I'm not sure about coconut oil. It's quite the fad now. I've added some flaked coconut to my oatmeal in the morning for the purported benefits of lauric acid, etc.

However, I think Andrew Weil's opinion is probably right:

New View of Coconut Oil? - Ask Dr. Weil

Elsewhere, on the same day

I'm not sure about coconut oil. It's quite the fad now. I've added some flaked coconut to my oatmeal in the morning for the purported benefits of lauric acid, etc.

However, I think Andrew Weil's opinion is probably right:

New View of Coconut Oil? - Ask Dr. Weil

Weil's article was biased. He didn't want to find any benefit, it seemed.  I went to some trouble to address it point by point in the same thread. Why, Wiley Weil?

Some people have allergic (histamine) reactions to coconut or coconut oil.

My experience with coconut oil: Feeling pretty good, I tried a Thai restaurant in an out-of-the-way neighborhood. Family-run, seemed fairly authentic. Got a coconut curry, tasted fine. Hour or so later, huge bloating and then, as you put it, alex, a potent response. No innard churning after that -- there was nothing to churn with. Googled and found out, yep, coconut oil does do that for some people. But -- it's delicious and maybe (in smaller quantities) it's just the thing to set your digestion right!

[excerpt from Annie's long post] The web came up with the Ketogenic diet. I decided to try it and cut out all sugar and all carbs and added healthy fats such as lots of coconut oil, nuts, and more eggs. Within a few days I felt better than I have in soooo long. I have energy, I am sleeping great, barely any anxiety when I wake, my mind feels clear and the head pressure is so minimal. I have not idea if this is because of cutting out sugar and carbs and upping my fat intake, but I am sticking with it for now. I feel to good to chance going back to sugar and bread and other starches. I was eating healthy prior, but I would still eat some carbs.

That is an amazing story. Thanks for the information, Annie. [more about tapering followed]

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

I know that a lot of people end up looking for the quick fix, but even that can be seen as an attempt to end suffering. It becomes misguided at times or perhaps doesn't take in the larger view. But a step can be a step.

It was a couple of really lousy therapy experiences and an awful time at a meditation retreat that got me started on new ways of healing. I hit a kind of bottom, because what I'd tried in the past was no longer working, or in the case of therapy, had never really worked. I know this happened before WD, but it was a part of what that sent me on the path to opening to the new things, which included getting off meds.

Do I wish that it didn't take my wife's death, the lousy experiences above, and becoming so unhealthy that I was on a collision course with death to open me to healing in a different way? You bet...but the reality is, it did take a lot of what might be considered bad choices to lead me where I needed to go.

To me, looking only at symptom relief as a sign of healing (or not) is what the Buddha described as "looking at the sky through a straw and believing that what are are seeing is the sky". It's only a tiny speck of the infinite possibilities.

What Dalsaan, if you'd been cautioned against doing stand up comedy, because it might disrupt your nervous system? For me, it would probably be akin to drinking a half dozen bottles of wine...but for you, it brings joy, and maybe a few symptoms to go along with it. But the balance of joy or connection outweighs the symptoms (which I assume might happen at times).

That's what's true for me about riding my bike. I do get symptoms, such as I did a couple of days ago. I rode later in the day, knowing it might well affect my sleep...but the joy of being outside, connecting with nature, and feeling the strength in my body was well worth it. I did have a sweaty, disrupted sleep....but I really didn't mind. There were times though, when I would have minded that. But now, it was more or less handled by a 20 minute nap in the afternoon and taking a day off riding yesterday.

I'll repeat that I'm not against suggesting people take things slowly and carefully. That's deeply wise, especially in the state many people find themselves when they arrive on the board. However, perhaps there comes a time when it's just as wise, further along the road, to challenge the nervous system and learn to deal with that too. I found that living in a careful little bubble, and trying hard not evoke any symptoms was deeply depressing. I was questioning chiropractic, because it does stir things up to various degrees. But overall, I feel more energy and have a deep sense of letting go in my body as a result of the sessions. I felt worse for a few days after acupuncture, but have now had 3 weeks of normal digestion. The path to healing is rarely any straight line, where things go from bad to wonderful..and in all the healing I've done in the past, things sometimes get worse at times, before they get better.

Healing and curing can be 2 very different things. I saw in my hospice work for example, many people who healed profoundly, then went on to die. That was certainly true for my wife; there were life-long patterns of emotional suffering that were healed before she left. Her healing deeply affected not just me, but the people who were supporting us through that journey.

When we only look at symptoms as a sign of healing or not, we can find ourselves very controlled by them. It can be paralyzing. Do I dare try a supplement or a yoga class or stepping outside my door? I consider carefully anything I do, but what I sometimes do others might consider reckless or it might prove reckless for them. To me, I'm not willing to live my life by trying to avoid suffering, though I try not to add to the suffering I already have.

When in the midst of the deepest suffering, it's often impossible to even entertain these kinds of ideas. But it's been my intention from the outset of this withdrawal journey that it serve awakening. It's the same intention I had over my wife's death. It's taken me longer in WD to open to what might be good about what I've been through, what might serve me opening more to what's true and what deeply matters. For me, this is what healing points towards...though I'm learning  more about more to surrender and not know what healing is or where it might lead.

I'll leave this with a Franz Kafka quote: "You can hold yourself back from the sufferings of the world, that is something you are free to do and it accords with your nature, but perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could avoid."

Current Medications:

Mary Oliver

• Administrator

freespirit, your complaint is well-taken. I think the whole staff will be more mindful of how they caution people to take care of themselves.

We do not have a policy of flatly discouraging people to do anything, except become the victims of scams.

However, not only do we expend a tremendous amount of time and energy (I know I do) encouraging people to listen to their bodies, carefully test remedies, and do things to the limit of their abilities, we go to the effort of posting many topics such as

How much should I push myself? Good sense from Baylissa

Exercise: What kind and when is it too much?

and so forth.

So I think a blanket accusation that we forbid people to do things that might help them is going a little too far. Maybe you're pushing the point to prove your argument?

Ultimately, we do the best we can do. If you find the quality of support here lacking, you have other options.

• Moderator Emeritus

On a related note, I just purchased a breathing exerciser for $20.00 because there have been anecdotal reports of it improving sleep apnea.   To be honest, I don't have much hope but what the heck?   I am pretty desperate.   If it had cost more money, I probably would have passed.

My heart goes out to everyone struggling so much.  I understand the searching for the magical solution routine.

Please keep me posted, as I travel, I'm catching myself, not asleep, not awake, but unable to keep my throat clear.  I feel it shut, I feel sore from snoring.  My resistance to the CPAP is developing into stubbornness!

ANYTHING I can do to avoid CPAP sounds good, so please report, on your thread, on mine......

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

On a related note, I just purchased a breathing exerciser for $20.00 because there have been anecdotal reports of it improving sleep apnea.   To be honest, I don't have much hope but what the heck?   I am pretty desperate.   If it had cost more money, I probably would have passed.

My heart goes out to everyone struggling so much.  I understand the searching for the magical solution routine.

Please keep me posted, as I travel, I'm catching myself, not asleep, not awake, but unable to keep my throat clear.  I feel it shut, I feel sore from snoring.  My resistance to the CPAP is developing into stubbornness!

ANYTHING I can do to avoid CPAP sounds good, so please report, on your thread, on mine......

JC,

I am too tired to find either one of our threads so I hope it is ok to post here.   

Well, after getting the latest results of sleep study back that shows a moderate apnea that is close to the severe range, I gotta either stick with pap therapy or pursue some alternative treatment.   I even had a few apneas that were close to 2 minutes.   Using the breathing exerciser definitely helps with cardiovascular endurance so I will continue to use it but for now, I am not counting on it being able to get rid of the apnea.

If you are determined not to use the pap machine, then find an alternative method like a dental device.   But don't ignore the problem or things will get worse like they did with me.

How we heal: not engaging or reading threads with as much sniping as this oh my goodness!

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

I apologize if I've offended anyone from putting my ideas forward. It wasn't my intention to snipe. It's part of my nature to see where there are limitations and push the boundaries. My experience in the past has been to believe that I can't be part of a community, because of this, and a whole host of other reasons. I'm trying something different here, which is to express something, rather than just bolt..as I normally do. If I've been less than skillful in doing that, I'm sorry.

I like this community and it's been one of very few places I've felt some sense of belonging. There's a lot of wisdom from both mods and members here. I appreciate all the different ways that people provide a piece of the larger puzzle.

CW...I too hope you can find a way to remain a part of the community...and at the same time, if leaving is what supports you best, I'll be behind you in doing that. Take care of yourself in whatever way serves you.

Current Medications:

Mary Oliver

How we heal: not engaging or reading threads with as much sniping as this oh my goodness!

i know people who read but not write much on board, i know people who write much, i know people who avoid forums, people who are angry of their state...

any of these attitude give results, those who avoid are still very sick...as those who write...

my opinion is: if you desire write, it give you interest, a little pleasure in the hell, then write your opinion...

if it is hurting you to read, do not read, stay away but let the other write...

it is same as look TV hard things, often the first years we are so sensitive that looking some movie etc give us pain, but let the other who it not give pain to look hard shows,

the "normal" is to be able to look hard things, life is hard things... but actually we have brain too twisted...

being now 6.5 years off, i can say the big healer is 95 % if not more the time, and many old long termer speak about time being the most important...

but if someone says taking a plant helps him, he can take it, it is his brain and not mine, each makes the best he thinks for himself, and i take no plants, maybe i am totally wrong but do not know ...

as psychiatrist are unable to help us but only to drug us more, we have to make it ourself, each thinking he knows better than the neighbour, but withdrawal is the master, the boss, he put us in our hole to close us our mouth...

when looking on this board, plants or not, healing takes months, years and more...

for anxiety 

12 years paxil - cold turkey 1,5 month - switch celexa 1 year taper; total 13 years on brain meds 

67 years old - 9 years  med free

in protracted withdrawal

rigidity standing and walking, dryness gougerot-szoegren, sleep deteriorate,

function as have a lack of nerves, improving have been very little 

• Moderator Emeritus

Am I thick?  I interpreted this thread - with only a few exceptions - as discussion.  In discussion, there are often disagreements.  Sometimes we never sway the other, and agree to disagree.  Sometimes we walk away.  But sometimes (and this is the hope here) we think about what we've heard and look at ourselves, our "style" of communication, of relating, of being and see if there is room for correction.

One of the hardest things to learn in karate is how to take correction.  When the Master yells at you, "NO NO glide your feet, twist your hips!" he is yelling because he needs you to do it NOW, but what he is telling you is VITAL to your practice.  If you take it personally, and sulk and cry, it will escalate, you will collapse in a heap and leave the class never to return.  If you realize, however, it was your body he was correcting, and not your Spirit - not your personality - then you glide your feet, you move your hips and eventually awareness dawns that this is a better way.

Granted, some Masters have ego trips that are ugly and personal.  But even in most of those instances, if the student takes the corrections, the student improves.

We are all students, we all can learn from each other.  

What I see here - and all over the site - is a sharing of experiences.  Some stuff works here or there.  Sometimes there is a parallel in circumstances that makes one of us think:  oh, this helped me, maybe it will help you.  But if that person says, "NO I don't want to do that," or even, "Tried that, didn't work" - it is vital to our growth to not take it personally, say "thank you," and move on.

When Free said, "maybe there is real healing going on," I agree.  My point about "trying things can distract us while the time passes, and we learn and grow," was a pitch to the skeptical.  More like this:  At least, in trying things, we are passing the time.  But I do believe in real healing, in real changes, in energy exchanges between people and power in words, herbs, lights, sounds, rituals and belief.  But that's me.  I wouldn't dream of telling someone else where to find their power.

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

Please ignore my comment, I do not wish to create ill feeling here.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• Moderator Emeritus

I apologize if I've offended anyone from putting my ideas forward. It wasn't my intention to snipe. It's part of my nature to see where there are limitations and push the boundaries. My experience in the past has been to believe that I can't be part of a community, because of this, and a whole host of other reasons. I'm trying something different here, which is to express something, rather than just bolt..as I normally do. If I've been less than skillful in doing that, I'm sorry.

I like this community and it's been one of very few places I've felt some sense of belonging. There's a lot of wisdom from both mods and members here. I appreciate all the different ways that people provide a piece of the larger puzzle.

CW...I too hope you can find a way to remain a part of the community...and at the same time, if leaving is what supports you best, I'll be behind you in doing that. Take care of yourself in whatever way serves you.

I haven't been offended by anything you have said and I'm glad you expressed your concerns rather than bolting

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Administrator

To add to what JanCarol said, trying things can give us a sense of empowerment. I believe autonomy also is important.

But we have a dual responsibility, when someone is pondering trying something, we are duty-bound to point out the pitfalls. We don't want people to make themselves worse, becoming frustrated or despairing -- if they can help it.

Giving information as well as support is our function here. Sometimes the information is not as encouraging as the recipient might want it to be (cf the "golden key" problem). But I feel we would be remiss if we did not point out this or that works for some but not for others, and has risks.

The rest of the Internet is full of all kinds of crackpot advice about remedies, which people bring here all the time. It's a lot of work to counter that information, it would be easier if we didn't, but the overall quality of discussion here would decline.

• Moderator Emeritus

JC,

I am too tired to find either one of our threads so I hope it is ok to post here.   

Well, after getting the latest results of sleep study back that shows a moderate apnea that is close to the severe range, I gotta either stick with pap therapy or pursue some alternative treatment.   I even had a few apneas that were close to 2 minutes.   Using the breathing exerciser definitely helps with cardiovascular endurance so I will continue to use it but for now, I am not counting on it being able to get rid of the apnea.

If you are determined not to use the pap machine, then find an alternative method like a dental device.   But don't ignore the problem or things will get worse like they did with me.

Thanks CS.  Yeah, when I get my dental splint remade (I've brux'd it so much that it is cracked - but then - so are my teeth when I don't use it!) I am considering an upgrade to an apnea splint.

I can't really ignore it.  Sleep is the thing which is most sensitive as far as my moods go.  I'm in "adjustment mode" - also known as "sleep dep mode" or "travel mode."  This is a good thing, but man am I grumpy right now.  I've gone from 8-9 hours a night to 6 hours a night, after a 36 hour stretch with just 1-2 (the long flights).  This will rectify my delayed cycle sleep for awhile, but man am I grumpy!  (did I say that?)  

Thank you, this is about healing, I hope it's okay to have a little side discussion here (I quit now, I promise)

Good to hear JC.   

Edited by Petunia
removed unnecessary long quote

• 1 month later...

I haven't been able to realize any windows or waves yet. I have some days where I feel better for an hour or two, and then go back to feeling bad again. Is that a window?

AD History
Zoloft (Sertraline) 4/07 - 7/09, Celexa (Citalopram) 7/09 - 10/09 , Zoloft (Sertraline) 11/09 - 4/10 , Pristiq (Desvenlafaxine) 5/10 - 4/15 , Effexor (venlafaxine) 5/15 (2 week taper)

Taper 
05/2015 - Effexor (venlafaxine) 75mg  7 days, Effexor (venlafaxine) 37.5mg 7 days.

Reinstatement  Effexor (venlafaxine)
05/21/2016 37.5mg 06/01/2016 18.75mg

• Administrator

That is a window.

• 1 year later...

If we are among the lucky who make it through post-acute withdrawal, are we "out of the woods", or are our problems just a misstep away?  

I have been holding out hope for years that someday I'd "heal" and "get on with my life".  I won't recap everything here since I have an ongoing thread that I've dedicated to my experience.  I will say, however, that I have had some extreme reactions to various medications that resolved, in large part, with time.  

Recently, my entire understanding of my situation and progress has taken a less optimistic turn.  I took a supplement that caused a return of many of the symptoms that I was experiencing earlier.  I read of a man that had been clean of benzodiazapines for seven years only to have had a return of post-acute withdrawal symptoms as a result of drinking too much coffee (link at end).

Have any of you thought that you were "healed", only to realize that you are not?  Does anyone know of people that healed after PAWS (Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome) who have actually STAYED healed?

I'm hoping to hear some good news.

https://www.madinamerica.com/2013/10/setbacks/

various SSRI for years

20 mg Lyrica 2010

30 mg to 0 mg Prozac 2012

Reinstate 20 mg Prozac 2012

Drop to 19 mg Prozac 2013

Reinstate 20 mg Prozac 1 month later (2013)

Gradual decrease of Prozac dosage starting in late summer of 2015, currently at 11.2 mg/day

use of vitamin D3, fish oil, and magnesium at various times

• 1 month later...

I was hoping to get some responses from those that experiended a sensitive nervous system and have healed from it.

How long did it take to heal?

I can't drink caffeine without my body freaking out, can't spend time in the sun without it draining every ounce of energy in my body within just 20 min, can't eat large quantities of sugar like my friends, can't work out without it stressing my body out too much, can't take most supplements, etc. 

2009 - 10/2014: 40MG Citalopram

10/2014: Started taper by liquid titration by about 5% every few weeks (1000 times harder than Benzo taper)

1/26/17: 3.5 MG

3/12/2017: 2.9 MG

12/06/2017: Finished my taper

12/24/2018: took a amino acid called L-Theanine in May, which made my symptoms  far worse and 7 months later, I'm still feeling the negative effects. My symptoms are about the same as they were when I finished my taper a year ago. 

2009 - 10/2012: 2 MG of Klonopin 

10/2012: Hit tolerance and began taper

12/2013: Finished liquid titration taper (less than 10% every few weeks)

Experienced protracted withdrawal and was about 80% healed by 10/14 when I started my citalopram taper. 

anyone with experience have any answers? 

10/2014: Started taper by liquid titration by about 5% every few weeks (1000 times harder than Benzo taper)

12/24/2018: took a amino acid called L-Theanine in May, which made my symptoms  far worse and 7 months later, I'm still feeling the negative effects. My symptoms are about the same as they were when I finished my taper a year ago. 

Experienced protracted withdrawal and was about 80% healed by 10/14 when I started my citalopram taper. 

Sorry you are suffering like this, I have asked this question myself and no one can give an exact time. It is very difficult what you are suffering, believe me I know. I'm reacting to all meds, supplements and foods and can't get answers anywhere and my Gp doesn't believe so it very difficult. Hopefully someone will pop up soon with answers for you. Take care

Prozac for 18years with break in 1999 for pregnancy. Started to feel unwell with numerous problems 2015 and think I was in a tolerance to drug. Started to come off May 2016 and by June 2016 wasn't able to tolerate any medications at all. Was on Lansoprazole as and when need from 2001 but haven't had to take and wldnt have been able to take since June 2016

GP gave sertraline 25mg 6/04/17 loss of appetite, gut pain and then following morning whole body shaking and vomiting. Stopped tablet.

I was hoping to get some responses from those that experiended a sensitive nervous system and have healed from it.

How long did it take to heal?

I can't drink caffeine without my body freaking out, can't spend time in the sun without it draining every ounce of energy in my body within just 20 min, can't eat large quantities of sugar like my friends, can't work out without it stressing my body out too much, can't take most supplements, etc. 

I am so sorry that you are going through this.  I tapered off of Lexapro for a total of 1 year (I have been fully off of SSRIs for nearly 3 years), and it was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life.  I can completely understand the sensitivities. The only advice I have is to be really easy on yourself and try to moderate any chemicals you may be putting in your body.  Even now, I still experience sensitivities and brain zaps, but things WILL gradually get better!  Omega 3 supplements have been quite helpful for me, but I know that everyone recovers differently. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Everyone is different, so even if someone could answer your question, its no guarantee you would experience the same. I remember reading somewhere, maybe here, that after you are fully recovered and generally symptom free, you can remain sensitive and vulnerable to stress and various substances for about 2 years. But that's not to say everyone will experience this, its just a general time frame I think.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Thank you both for your support! One of the hardest things I've ever had to do too. I've been through this journey with benzos already and started to feel much better after a year, but just wasn't sure if it could vary greatly with SSRIs. Before benzos I had the whole alcoholism journey too....journey after journey...gotta stay resilient and positive. Fish oil has been helping me some, although whenever I take it I can't go on the computer or else it accelerates the sensitivity I have to it....crazy stuff medication does to us. 

Thanks Petunia, that's what I was looking for! thanks! 

• 11 months later...
On 27/12/2014 at 6:18 PM, aberdeen said:

Je vais beaucoup mieux, BEAUCOUP ... depuis qu'Effexor est sorti, plus j'ai expérimenté avec 3 autres ISRS et j'approche de la fin d'un cône de Paxil aussi ... alors j'ai créé beaucoup de chaos pour mon pauvre cerveau et aujourd'hui je vais tellement mieux. J'ai l'anhédonie la plupart du temps, et des vagues de symptômes assez légers ici et là ... mais rien comparé à où j'étais. Mon sommeil va bien et je fais les tâches de la vie quotidienne avec presque plus d'anxiété. L'anxiété était hideuse pour la première année ou deux. Ça s'ameliore. Voir ma signature pour plus de détails, mais oui ça va mieux!

Congratulations,you give me hope

Mars 1997- juillet 1997 Anfranil 25 mg, Tranxène 5 mg, Librium 10 mg, sulpiride 50 mg (juillet 1997)

Oct 1997-nov 1998 Anfranil 25mg, Tranxène5mg (rétabli ces deux médicaments seulement)

Nov 1998-mar 2000 Drugs off ( tapered with my psychiatrist help)

Avril 2000-juin 2001 Anfranil 25mg, Tranxène5mg (réinstatement these only drugs after 18 months off)

jul 2001-sep 2010 Prozac 20mg, Tranxène 5mg (passé de l'anafranil 25 à Prozac 20mg depuis juillet 2001)

jun 2007- jan 2010 Tapered Tranxène 5mg ( quick tapered  it while steel on Prozac 20 mg(les choses se passaient bien, pas de retraits)

sep 2010-mai 2011 Prozac 20mg conique (les choses se passaient bien sans retrait)

mai2011-mar 2012 Dugs gratuits (les choses étaient bien, pas de retraits)

mars 2012 rétabli Prozac 20mg (too late reinstatement = adverse reactions ) 

mar 2012 -apr 2016 prozac 20 mg on / off plusieurs jours cold turkeyed ( going on it back & forth )  et réintégration (effets indésirables et embrasement, neurotoxicity ) 

avril 2016-2018 lexapro 10mg on / off depuis sep 2017 lexapro tapering (effets indésirables et embrasement)

• 1 month later...

I think I read somewhere that the withdrawal symptoms can get worse over time. I don't remember where I read it. I just want to know why I'm getting worse. 

Thank you 

1996 Aurorix, Zoloft, Serzone, Lithium and Aropax

1997 Luvox. 1998 Prozac. 2000 Zyprexa with Prozac

June 2000 Cipramil  October 2000 Prozac again

2001 Sinequan with Risperdal

2002 Cipramil. 2009 Stillnox. 2010 Imovane

2016 February 24th 50mg Luvox and 25mg Largactil. Stopped Largactil 2 days later, back on Imovane

August 2016 125mg Luvox. November 100mg Luvox, December 75mg Luvox.

March 2017 50mg Luvox, August 25mg Luvox. September 10mg Lexapro, then 20mg ,October back down to 10mg Lexapro

December 20th 20mg Cipramil

2018 January 9th 15mg Cipramil, January 12th 10mg Cipramil. January 20th 5mg Cipramil, February 4th 2.5mg. June 25th 2.4mg, September 17th 2.3mg

On 4/30/2018 at 8:13 AM, mariella said:

I think I read somewhere that the withdrawal symptoms can get worse over time. I don't remember where I read it. I just want to know why I'm getting worse. 

Thank you 

God, I really hope not. I can't handle getting worse than I already am. 

1. Started Wellbutrin 75 mg IR the end of 2015.
  2. Tried quitting cold turkey in June 30th- July 3rd 2017.
  3. Had severe withdrawals.
  4. Was placed on Wellbutrin 100mg SR so I could taper without withdrawal.
  5. Stabilized on 100mg SR for most of the month of July.
  6. Started tapering on July 17th,  2017.
  7. Completed taper on August 8th, 2017.
  8. Currently experiencing severe withdrawal.
  • Symptoms- Currently experiencing anhedonia, depersonalization/derealization, concentration/memory issues, chronic congestion, chronic dry eyes, dry skin, dislocated TMJ joint from teeth grinding during C/T withdrawal, waves of depression, anxiety, nausea, morning cortisol spikes, insomnia, agitation, food sensitivities, no tolerance for caffeine and chronic fatigue, burning muscle pain in upper and lower back and occasional tinninitus.
  • Supplements- Omega-3 fish oil supplement twice daily, 100 mg of magnesium once daily. 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy