alldaisy: Zyprexa withdrawal - severe insomnia and lack of appetite

alldaisy

• Moderator Emeritus

The new drug is "invega", 6 mg every morning. Really, I cannot tell the reason why I was put in additional drug.  Maybe, it was for the same stupid reason I was put in psycho drugs years ago, but to be honest, It was not necessary this time. I am kind of tired to fight with my doctors and request that they put me out of meds. They are not listening, they do what they want and when they want and the the way they want.

Invega (paliperidone) is an antipsychotic   http://www.drugs.com/invega.html

alldaisy, you don't have to take a drug you don't want to take just because your doctor tells you to, its your body and your life.  Why did your doctor start you on this drug, you seemed to be doing better? Didn't they give you a reason?  How long have you been taking it for?

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alldaisy

• Altostrata

• Blackstar

• Petunia

Top Posters In This Topic

The new drug is "invega", 6 mg every morning. Really, I cannot tell the reason why I was put in additional drug.  Maybe, it was for the same stupid reason I was put in psycho drugs years ago, but to be honest, It was not necessary this time. I am kind of tired to fight with my doctors and request that they put me out of meds. They are not listening, they do what they want and when they want and the the way they want.

Invega (paliperidone) is an antipsychotic   http://www.drugs.com/invega.html

alldaisy, you don't have to take a drug you don't want to take just because your doctor tells you to, its your body and your life.  Why did your doctor start you on this drug, you seemed to be doing better? Didn't they give you a reason?  How long have you been taking it for?

Hi Petu,

Please, I need your help or advice..

They did not tell me the reason why they prescribed this new medication. I am tired, really tired, and at this moment, I am almost crying. I have been taking this drug for ~ 8 days, I have gained 6 pounds in this short time. I want to stop taking this medication. I am feeling miserable, even worst than before. I do not understand these doctors. If they want me to stop breathing, they can feel proud of their job, very good job indeed.  :(

Zyprexa 15 mg  for 5 months  in 2010. I quit cold turkey /Zyprexa 5 mg from sept 2011 to sept 2012. I quit cold turkey

Lamictal and Geodon for around 6 months (from around sept 2012 to feb 2013)

Trazodone/ Klonopin 0.5 mg / 1 mg /Quetiapine  and gabapentin 600 mg/ Risperidone and gabapentin 600 mg

Gabapentin 1200 mg  around feb 2014 to  june 2014/ Gabapentin 900 mg july 2014 to December 2014

Invega 6 mg dec 2014 (for 8 days) / Gabapentin 600 mg

Invega 6 mg April 2015 / Gabapentin 900 mg

Invega 3 mg May 2015 / Gabapentin 600 mg

Since May 25th Gabapentin 600 mg

July 24 Gabapentin 400 mg August 18 Gabapentin 300 mg

Currently taking Invega 6 mg and Venlafaxine 150 mg. 2018

2019. I took invega 3 mg for two months. I stop taking medication two days ago (11/13) I am doing ok.

In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: It goes on.

• Moderator Emeritus

Alldaisy you do not have to take anything you don't want to, if it makes you so sick you can stop it right away

as you have only taken it for a few days. You can tell your doctor politely but firmly that you tried it and had 

intolerable side effects, and that you do not want to try any more but will stick with the gabapentin for now.

It isn't worth risking your health just to keep the doctor happy.  As Petu said, it is your body! 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Alldaisy you do not have to take anything you don't want to, if it makes you so sick you can stop it right away

as you have only taken it for a few days. You can tell your doctor politely but firmly that you tried it and had 

intolerable side effects, and that you do not want to try any more but will stick with the gabapentin for now.

It isn't worth risking your health just to keep the doctor happy.  As Petu said, it is your body! 

Hi mammaP,

After 6 years fighting to be healthy again, I just got to the point of "whatever", this time I did not complain for the new medication. I did not do it, because I truly trusted my primary doctor, I believed in him. I could take the medication with my eyes closed because of him. Too bad, that this new medication was out of plan for me, too bad that I did not expected it, too bad that this new medication did not improve anything in me, just added another motive to feel bad. It is funny, how doctors play with us, they feel powerful, I guess, since we are in unfavorable position (anyone who was discredited and treated for a mental health issue) we loss all credibility. No one, no a single person believe in us again. Today I am sad and mad, I am feeling so betrayed. I can watch my doctor face, she telling me, "I want you to feel well" "this medication is not going to affect your weight" "you can always call me" is an irony, it is offensive. It is painful. 

Mammap, I will follow your advice, you are right, it is my body, I know very well my body and my mind. I have not lie for a single second, I have been totally honest. I already took the decision of discontinue the new medication. I was on this new pill for less than 9 days. I will continue taking the gabapentin. On Monday, If I get lucky, I will call my psychologist and let her know about my decision. 

I would love to understand why these things happens. There are thousands of people like us on this forum, all of us looking for advice, complaining about medications and side effects, trying to survive. I am sure there are even more out there that do not even know about this forum or are so lost that cannot even use a forum like this to look for help. 

There are days, days like today that I feel totally alone. My family, if I can call family at what I have know, do not understand a single word of this. For them medication is the solution and they just do not care about my truth. My doctors, well, they have their beautiful job, office, life and salary. If my family does not care, they care even less. If I am alive or dead, do not make any difference for them or their perfect life. More than a new medication, I need to believe again, I need to feel that wonderful sensation, that life it is real, it is worthy. That people is not as despicable as they seem to be. I would love to have an exact word to describe my feelings, but I do not believe there is any. All my live I have been a fighter, I escape from the communism to ending sick in the country of my dreams. My soul has been tear apart. I am just screaming for help, for a little positive sign. I deserve so much to feel well again, to be happy. 

Well, enough for today, I am going to leave it in here, better for me to keep my mouth close. I do not want to offend or take my madness against people that are not the responsable of my pain and sadness. People that take time to read and write me some lines, helping me keep in the fight, even so it is a lost fight. 

Zyprexa 15 mg  for 5 months  in 2010. I quit cold turkey /Zyprexa 5 mg from sept 2011 to sept 2012. I quit cold turkey

Trazodone/ Klonopin 0.5 mg / 1 mg /Quetiapine  and gabapentin 600 mg/ Risperidone and gabapentin 600 mg

Gabapentin 1200 mg  around feb 2014 to  june 2014/ Gabapentin 900 mg july 2014 to December 2014

2019. I took invega 3 mg for two months. I stop taking medication two days ago (11/13) I am doing ok.

It is not a lost fight.

You went through hell getting off meds.

It is ultimately your choice what you put in your body. Period. No one can make you.

Even if you have to fake feeling well when going to get your script for the gabapentrin, then do it. You oftentimes cannot be honest with these people without having pills thrown at you.

It's your body, your choice, and you are the one to deal with the aftermath.

It's all up to YOU

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

It is not a lost fight.

You went through hell getting off meds.

It is ultimately your choice what you put in your body. Period. No one can make you.

Even if you have to fake feeling well when going to get your script for the gabapentrin, then do it. You oftentimes cannot be honest with these people without having pills thrown at you.

It's your body, your choice, and you are the one to deal with the aftermath.

It's all up to YOU

Hi JDM,

That's the funny part of this story, yes, I am sad and mad, but when I go to the outside world, I do not look like that. I treat most of the time people right and I smile at them. Yes, I am totally fake on this regards, but I consider that no one has to live or suffer with the pain I am carrying inside me. When I go to the doctors, most of the times I am calm, balanced and I smile too. Then why the new medication? 

The result to the abuse of power and broken institutions is: a woman living with a man that in the past yell at her for any stupid reason, a man that refuse to give her the divorce, a man that is telling her that she is sick, that she has to take medication to be happy again, a man that is reminder her that she does not have any thing, that she cannot live alone because others doctors told him that she is delusional and in constant fear. I understand him, I am able to put myself in his skin, but he is not able to put himself on my side of the story. This woman instead of being fired from her job was harassed, they wanted her to renounce to her job, the reason: her English was not so good for a customer service position. This woman was harassed at the University, where she was trying to make her dream true, have a career, friends gave her others reports and used her. She was given assignments that she could not do alone, but they leave her the full responsibility to make her life even more miserable. She was followed and harassed at the street and public places. Her private conversations where used again her. Now, this woman is a sick person in the eyes of her family and friends. This woman lose her credibility, her marry, her friends, her family, her dreams, her career, moral, set of values, the love of her life, and this woman is still smiling at people and trying to adapt to the harsh situations. This woman went to FBI to denounce all those people who hurt her without limit and the result is that this woman was put on more medication because she is out of her mind. I am a victim, I was hurt, hurt, hurt and hurt a lot, because of that I am paying bills and taking medications too. Tell me this is not an injustice. Tell me that I am wrong and crazy. I do not know how I am still alive, truly, well I know, I am alive because I have two children and I do not want to create more pain in them that the pain they already lived, when her strong and fighter mom was cut in thousand of pieces by people without moral and respect for human. People that I do not want fired from their jobs, the only thing I want now is a job, or two or three, a real job, cleaning floors from sunday to sunday, from day to night, whatever, I need money to get divorce, to move out my house, to help my children more, I deserve it. Am I asking too much? See this woman now and what is less in her, try to picture my present and my pain, it is too much ask that the people who hurt me to give me a real job?

Today I am zero "invega"...I am going to stick to gabapentin and reduce the dosage little by little. 

I'm glad you got off the med

Labeling yourself as a victim is not beneficial in the long run from my experience. I'm so sorry for your loss and your pain.

But, you have come though a lot, and you will continue to persevere.

My story is rather awful, I think all of us here have some pretty rough rides. But, I'm trying to look forward. Forgetting what is behind, straining toward what is ahead.

I wish you peace, that you may be in health, sooner rather than later.

You are very brave. Don't forget that.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

I'm glad you got off the med

Labeling yourself as a victim is not beneficial in the long run from my experience. I'm so sorry for your loss and your pain.

But, you have come though a lot, and you will continue to persevere.

My story is rather awful, I think all of us here have some pretty rough rides. But, I'm trying to look forward. Forgetting what is behind, straining toward what is ahead.

I wish you peace, that you may be in health, sooner rather than later.

You are very brave. Don't forget that.

Thanks jdm for your words of encouragement and good wishes. 

You are right, label myself as a victim does not help. But it is what I am. Yes, I made mistakes too, but I was set. My story is longer that what I have described in one paragraph. But I was call "dull" one, I do not want to be label as a "dull" twice. 

Trust me that I try every single day to leave the past behind, but It is hard with the constant reminder that I have at home. They do not have idea of what I went through. It is hard to hear my still husband enumerating in front of my children why he is worry for me and why he considers that I have to be on medication. 

I do not know if a person so sick as I was described could write, speak and explain herself the way I do, probably yes. I believe that must be a difference between sanity and insanity, any good doctor or rational person should be able to perceive and discern that difference, even it is small and almost imperceptible. My actual husband is not able to see the difference and this make my road to recovery more hardest.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year for you and your family jdm. Thanks again for your words.

• Moderator Emeritus

You are right, label myself as a victim does not help. But it is what I am.

I agree with you alldaisy that you have been treated unfairly, you have been victimized by other people, they have treated you in a way you did not deserve to be treated.  But the actions of other people don't define who you are, you can choose how you see yourself.  You could just as easily decide to see yourself as a strong, capable woman with self respect who takes care of herself the best she can in difficult circumstances.

I do not know if a person so sick as I was described could write, speak and explain herself the way I do, probably yes. I believe that must be a difference between sanity and insanity, any good doctor or rational person should be able to perceive and discern that difference, even it is small and almost imperceptible. My actual husband is not able to see the difference and this make my road to recovery more hardest.

I think you write and explain things very well, you sound perfectly sane to me.  I don't know why your doctor thinks you need to be on medication and I don't know why your husband can't see clearly either.  But the important thing is that you know your own reality.  Only you know what is true for you and you need to hold onto that tightly.

Your husband may come around eventually if you start living from your inner strength and from what you know to be true. You have already started doing this by stopping the drug you didn't want to take.  Keep going, you are in control of your own life, others can only control you if you let them.

Like MammaP said, you can tell other people, politely, calmly but firmly what you will and will not do.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Like MammaP said, you can tell other people, politely, calmly but firmly what you will and will not do.

Thanks Petu for your feedback. 

About your statement above, I would like to add some comments. I know very well how to treat people right, to speak calmly and politely. This never was a problem for me, it is not my style to offend or mistreat people. I admit that in some occasions, I have exploded, I have said sorry for that, because on those moments, it is not the person who I am really am talking. That person, is daisy, tired of so many injustices, that person, is daisy, a woman that have been treated that way for many years. I am not making an excuse, we never should lose our control. But I am really tired Petu, you do not have idea how I am really feeling, how many scars I am carrying. Anyway, thanks for your advice.

About the medication, no, I do not know why my doctors insist in putting me on medication. About my still husband, I really do not plan to make him believe in me or understand me. My marry is over, no now, has been over for many years. The day he decided to betray me, the day he decided to believe more in the other woman than in me, that day he buried our relation. I wish him well, I am happy that he changed for better. I forgave what he did to me, but I do not love him anymore. I never ever will keep a marriage base on convenience, economical dependency, children or society...the only way to stay marry, it is to stay in love. Respect for me is something that cannot be broken in a marry, I cannot forget completely the lies or the betrayal. My glass of water just overflowed the limit. 

I also would like to add, I am a strong, capable woman with self respect who takes care of myself, that never was a problem for me either, but what was out there hurting me was an army. What they did to me, destroyed my marry, my life, affect my parents, my children. You do not have idea how the outside world was with me to cover what they did wrong. 

• Moderator Emeritus

You are a very strong woman Alldaisy, and have coped with a lot of abuse. I know some women personally who have been

abused emotionally and are going through the same as you are now. I hope that one day you will be able to find your way out

and have peace in your own home. Your children will know the person you really are and love you whatever their father says.

You are very brave and will get through this, my heart goes out to you. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

You are a very strong woman Alldaisy, and have coped with a lot of abuse. I know some women personally who have been

abused emotionally and are going through the same as you are now. I hope that one day you will be able to find your way out

and have peace in your own home. Your children will know the person you really are and love you whatever their father says.

You are very brave and will get through this, my heart goes out to you. 

Thanks mammap,

My home is not a home anymore, it is hard to describe what I have now. But at least, I am living with less yelling or screaming for any stupid reason, what it is good and something positive, no just for me, for my children fundamentally. But of course this kind of more "peaceful" state was reached, thanks to what they did to me, I am like a zombie in my house. I do not take any decision, I am silence most of the time, and I try to tolerate whatever critics come from him, critics that are like a rain sometimes, I do not judge him for that, seeing my world and the person I have become in front of everybody eyes, he is kind of right thinking like that. They destroyed a mom and improved a dad, wonderful, what a great psychologists. But thanks anyway, at least now that my children are older they are having a better dad. Let's no count the injustices, the mom tears and sadness and all they have lost, all the time lost. They grow up mammap, I was not me during those years, I lost that time. Who is going to give me those years of children back?

Sorry if sometimes I am hard with people, but anything written or say by me it is small if I compare what they did to me with my hard words. But I believe in fate, in god and I will continue believing in justice. Maybe someday, all this become just part of my past and I find happiness again. 

Thanks you all for being there for me. 

I have a question, maybe you could tell me or have an idea what can be wrong with me or my brain. It is something that bother me and I do not have a logic explanation or I have been able to find a logic explanation yet. 

I read a lot, but I am not retaining information, at least I am not memorizing well, I do not feel my brain working at the same level it was working before I got sick. Sometimes, I forget names, places and topics I just read. However if I see them again, I know that I have already read it or see it, but then I forget again. Also, I feel my mind empty, like blank, like I have nothing there, like I do not know anything or about anything. This last issue has been like that for a quite long time, years, many years, even before I got sick. However, I can retain well faces expressions and conversations, like in a photograph. I was thinking that maybe I had so kind of autistic mind, but I have not been like this my whole life and I have social skill, well, I get lost easy, no idea where are the north, south, west or east, I got disoriented on traffic. I asked already my doctor, but he has not given me a final diagnostic, maybe he still need more time to find out what it is wrong with me. 

A detail, that maybe help to narrow what is causing me this. When I felt in love, my motivation grew and my memory improved, but it was for a very brief period of time. Maybe when we are in love, the brain structure changes, maybe the brain during that period of time "of being in love" release chemicals that improve memory. No idea. 

Can be this a result of the medication I have been in? if it is, is this temporary? can I recover my memory?

• Administrator

Are you still taking gabapentin and Invega, alldaisy?

Yes, this could be a side effect of the drugs, or of going off them. If it's from going off them, it will gradually get better. In the meantime, get in the habit of taking notes.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Are you still taking gabapentin and Invega, alldaisy?

Yes, this could be a side effect of the drugs, or of going off them. If it's from going off them, it will gradually get better. In the meantime, get in the habit of taking notes.

Hi Altostrata, 

I  have recovered some of my memory at the point it was before my illness, I am not so critical now with this issue. However that sensation that my brain is blank, that there is nothing there, it was really aggravated. I used to write really bad in English, bad grammar and sentence structure, but my I had good spelling, now I am worst than before, I cannot even remember words that I know really well. Also, I read, read, read, I do not learn. It is frustrating for me, because I want to learn. I was able to learn no easy subjects before my illness. This is really sad for me. My brain is like garbage. I want to learn, I need to learn, I need it so much. 

I am still taking gabapentin at night, my doctor told me that she will reduce the dosage little by little. I am not taking invega, I started gaining a lot of weight I was just taking the new drug for less than 9 days, I stopped it without asking my doctor. I wish this is not a problem. I have not noticed any negative change. 

I just here to wish you all a Happy New Year!! I wish this 2015 become a more healthier year for all. And for all of you working here as a volunteer, helping us copying with the side effects of these psychotropic drugs, thanks again for your effort and dedication. 

• Administrator

Thank you, alldaisy.

Your English writing is quite good!

The brain fogginess might be from the gabapentin. Please consider reducing that very gradually, see Tips on tapering Neurontin (gabapentin)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you, alldaisy.

Your English writing is quite good!

The brain fogginess might be from the gabapentin. Please consider reducing that very gradually, see Tips on tapering Neurontin (gabapentin)

Thanks Altostrata,

I followed your recommendation, I reduced the dosage of gabapentin, I am feeling better. I will keep on the new dosage for sometime before try a new reduction. 

Hey Daisy, how's it going? I joined the forum because I was reading this thread. I just want you to know you're not alone. Not that it's any consolation but I'm in the exact same boat. Or life raft is more like it. I too have been chemically altered by the evil drug Olanzapine.

I was on it for several months and then basically kicked it cold turkey because it just felt like complete turmoil inside. I ended up back in the hospital due to the severe anxiety the next day and they put me back on it. I tried to get off it many times before finally kicking it again except I ended up back in the psychiatrists office balling my eyes out cuz I hadn't slept and well, you know the feeling.

So she put me on quetiapine, which I desperately took. It puts me to sleep but my chemistry is still way off. It is also not good for the body and I started having kidney pain. My family doctor tried to tell me that it's back pain from not moving much. What an ignorant jack off. I've had kidney stones before and was in the midst of paramedic school when I ended up in the hospital so I know the difference between back pain and flank pain.

I also recently started on duloxetine because it helped me before. But ever since zyprexa, my body's regulatory systems are dysregulated and Im having paradoxical reactions to medications. Zopiclone did jack **** for my insomnia, and in fact perked me up. It used to knock me out.

So two days ago I decided again "**** it" I can't take this poison. I'm now two days off the quetiapine and the duloxetine. Again a paradoxical reaction, I've had NO brain zaps from stopping the duloxetine which is downright spooky. I've never had a problem quitting antidepressants but there are ALWAYS brain shivers when quitting an SNRI so something weeird is definitely going on. I also had a case of aseptic bursitis in my elbow two weeks ago. I thought it was an infection and so did two doctors, until I had it drained (it swelled up in a matter of hours) and sent to a lab which confirmed no infection.

So quetiapine and duloxetine in my body seems to cause inflammation for no good reason. Of course I haven't slept a wink since Wednesday night. I will not put these poisons in my body. I hope I can make it without. On Monday I'm seeing the psychitrist. They will hate that I stopped my medicine but they can go **** themselves. If I absolutely can't sleep I will try a different medicine. I'm thinking mirtazapine but who knows how my body will react, given its dysregulated state.

Oh and my last blood tests showed high LDL cholesterol only to have the doc say "we have a dietitian". **** you. They also gave me a new diagnosis of borderline personality traits because my emotions now swing. Everything to them is "the condition" and can't possibly be these disgusting chemicals they call second generation antipsychotics. I've been suicidal for so long and today I had a revelation. No way I'm killing myself.

My body and mind is the result of a billion years of beautiful evolution and my parents brought me up into it. I'll suffer in this excruciating delirium till I die as I'm no longer afraid of death. But no way I'm blowing these beautiful brains out. I'll go back to the stars one day and won't have to put up with suffering. But I'll enjoy every damn moment as much as I can till then. That's the vow I made todat. I hope you're doing better. I literally feel your pain as I lay in bed knowing I won't sleep tonight, and if I do you know what kind of sleep it will be.

Edited by JanCarol
Paragraph breaks for ease of reading

Oh and surprise surprise, my flank pain is gone since I haven't had the seroquel. But I have a headache, which I had before with quitting duloxetine. So at least that's normal.

Oh and surprise surprise, my flank pain is gone since I haven't had the seroquel. But I have a headache, which I had before with quitting duloxetine. So at least that's normal.

Hi Blackstar,

I did not mention that I had back pain, but  I did, my body ached completely, I never thought It could be related to the medications I was taking. I lived with the pain for very long period of time, I worried, but I did not tell anybody about that. I learned to lived with the pain. But one day, the pain disappeared. Like you, I was and I have been, in and out of many medications. I have struggle with the side effects. 

I do not know what to tell you about the medications, which one is the best or which one will help you. I am not a doctor and as my doctor told me, you cannot decide what you put in or out of your body, you are not a doctor, you have not study many years like me, you do not have a license. She was very mad with me, because I decided to stop the medication.  She kind of blackmail me again. Well, I am just taking one medication. And I am feeling just fine. I do not know if in the future I will have another psychotic crisis, crying spell, or what, but I am trying to put all those chemicals out my body. 

I am glad that you have a positive attitude and have decided to kick out the suicidal thoughts, good for you.  I have had period of time of do not want to live more. I have wished I could have a miracle pill or something, then take that and stop all this suffering. I believe no one want to die, but life sometimes is really a pain, a pain that go beyond physical, it is a pain no one can measure. 

In my case, I am sleeping just fine, sometimes I have some nightmares or dreams, but at least I am sleeping now. 

I wish you well. Take care!

• 3 weeks later...

I was not able to sleep when I was psycothic  for weeks 

I dont know how I resisted   I got zero sleep that was horrible 

my problem was regulated with valium till I finally was able to sleep

Now I dont take any meds for sleep healing in that department comes with time

I took zyprexa like you I did not have sleep disturbances later on

zyprexa affects other areas in my case I dont know I am scare of meds like zyprexa and injected neuroleptics

lets see what happens 

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.

Hi alldaisy,

Goodness gracious me i have never heard of invega so did a google and this is what i found:

Paliperidone (Trade name invega) is used to treat mania and at lower doses as maintenance for bipolar disorder. It is also used for schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder.

You know in wdl we want to run around like a headless chicken trying to get answers ...this is a dangerous time in many ways because we are vunerable to fall for anything and run to anyone and everyone. Why not make sa your first point of call. Before you take something you really must check in with the experts here because this appears to be an atrocious drug to be given. Sounds to me like you have described your wdl symptoms and your doc has now herded you into a new drug pasture. The problem is imo in wdl a person will tick all the boxes for every jolly psych disorder there is thats how ugly wdl is and what it does to us . I just fume at the way everything ends up in the pharma fishing dragnet  that rhymes with my-molar! Doctors are clueless, alldaisy you really should check in here even before you even decide to go to the doc. You are putting too much trust in them imo

alldaisy.....as my doctor told me, you cannot decide what you put in or out of your body, you are not a doctor, you have not study many years like me, you do not have a license. She was very mad with me, because I decided to stop the medication.  She kind of blackmail me again. Well, I am just taking one medication.

Quite simply your doctor is acting unethically that is all i can say. And its not acceptable..

Dont continue to contribute to their annuity to perpetuity. Who knows what prescribing pharma bonuses they are getting. Its time to take your doctor off the pedestal of hero status . I can still remember the day i came to my senses and on that day my doctor went from hero to subzero ...this shift in mindset needs to be made ...some have trouble making this shift ...Why not take responsibility for your health before you swallow pharma propaganda and pills. Bet your doc would never think of trying some of his own med.

Yes i know people here are not doctors blah blah blah but who ya gonna believe someone with letters after their name on a narcistic power trip or the thousands of people here who have an experience and have actually ...unlike your doctor ...taken this stuff. Lets remember 'someone with an experience is never at the mercy of someone with an opinion!'

Anyway well done on saying NO ...it is your right.

I am trying to put all those chemicals out my body.

You are onto it! Good for you. You can do it.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Blackstar, I was so much laughing how you "kicked" Olansapin cold turkey.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

nz11,

With all your respect, I do not believe my doctor is acting the way she is acting because a pharma bonus or anything like that. I know her very well, she is just playing her part, trying to convince me to take medication. I know I am not easy, then she try with the power she has to put pressure on me and make me take the pills. I do not believe either she is being unethical, she is just using her power and trying all her know tricks.

Remember, they are doctors and we are patients with a mental health diagnostics that put us at the bottom on pyramid. And, yes, I truly trust my doctors, even If I do not agree with them. Now, I am making an experiment,  I cleaning my body of psychotropic drugs, let's see if I can show them, they are wrong and show them that all my crazy thoughts were the result of past stress and traumatic events and no a real medical condition. 

I notice in your signature that you took psycho-drugs for almost 10 years. Why did you wait so long to stop taking medication?  How are you feeling now? Are you totally recovery?

I wish you well. If I can do it, you can do it too. Let's get our life back. 

I notice in your signature that you took psycho-drugs for almost 10 years. Why did you wait so long to stop taking medication?

You are right i did and you are asking a question that i still ask myself every day.

You may not believe this but i had no idea what i was taking. Yes i am an ignoramus totally! I believe though that i was being held in a deep state of drug induced anosognosia.

I had never had any psych issues in my life got a sore hand asked for advice was told here take some effexor it will heal it i said is it safe because having never smoked or drunk or taken illegal things ever i did not want to compromise my health told yes it is safe and not addictive. I was not told anything more.

I ct later and started to for the first time in my life expereince a distress i had never had before i went to doc and said something is wrong with me i dont know what it is ...was given paxil no discussion and sent home.assured it was safe and not addictive. Where the 10  yrs went i dont know but with several failed attempts to quit a learned helplessness set in. My doctor just left me there and kept renewing scripts and said nothing ever. I was a drug addict by stealth my worst nightmare had come true.

One day i came to my senses.

NO one should be putting pressure on anyone to take drugs whether legal or illegal and why is it not ok to perturb normal brain function with illegal drugs but totally ok to perturb brain function with legal drugs. Something is not right here.Both cases are hitting a wristwatch with a sledgehammer. Is she informing you of all the side effects? Because you are entitled to know that...its your right. Would your doctor be happy to try some of her own medicine you could ask her...her reply would be very revealing and indicate her true feelings on its safety.

No i am not totally recovered.

Here is a very good piece of advise you can take it or leave it:

It is far better to be off wishing you were on, than on wishing you were off !

"I truly trust my doctors "

Then why are you here.

I wish you well.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Hi nz11, 

"I truly trust my doctors "

Then why are you here.

I have many reasons why I chose this forum, why I am here: 

My life have not being easy, and if you read my story, you will find out that I was hurt in many ways. Now, I am not working, I do not have family, friends or co-workers. This forum is human support for me. I read people stories and I can arrive to my own conclusions. Sometimes, people take time to write me and give me their opinion, and I feel less alone, less isolated, for those briefs seconds I start feeling better.

We all have gone through out different paths, but we all have something in common, time lose and side effect struggles. You was living a nightmare for like 10 years, well,  I have been in this situation for like 6 years and still no complete recovery. My life is a complete disaster, but I do not want to take my madness against my doctors or pharmaceuticals, even so, sometimes I consider they are so kind responsable. To be honest, I know if I focus my attention on the wrong side I will never ever get the way out. I can complain sometimes, get mad with them, but at the end, I know that doing that will no change my psychic or emotional status.

Yes, even if I criticize my doctors, I still trust them. Why? maybe because I am better than them, or maybe because I am a perfect idiot to after 6 years of sadness, isolation and struggles continue believing in them. I do not know why. Or maybe I am in love with my doctor because he is the only one listening to me. Or maybe because I am truly better than 6 years ago when I had a break down and emotional crisis.  Or maybe it is just a human survival tool, we need to believe there is a cure, that we will get better, that our doctors are truly there to help us heal. No idea why. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried  cognitive behavioral therapy or perhaps acupunture

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.

Have you tried  cognitive behavioral therapy or perhaps acupunture

I have not tried acupuncture. And, yes, I believe my doctor used CBT. I am better now, thanks for the suggestions.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't realize people had replied for some reason. I don't recall getting an email. Either that or Im just so mindless these days.

Martina23, I'm glad you got a chuckle out of my comment!

Alldaisy, thanks for the reply. I have managed to go off all medication. I made my doctor give me mirtazapine, which I used to help me sleep for a couple weeks and then stopped that too. I'm at least able to fall asleep now, although it's still erratic and difficult and I wake up and fall asleep at odd times and the quality of sleep is not good. I still have flank/back pain. I still feel like ****, and have no motivation and desire for anything. And while I did seem to have a revelation about the suicidal thoughts, they do still come back and many times I wish I had a gun, or something to just take me out. I'll keep trying though. I've signed up to go back to school in May and that should be Interesting to see if I make it. I hope you and everyone else on here is doing better.

• Administrator

Hello, Blackstar. Please start an Introductions topic for yourself so more can see your interesting story.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Back on April, I was put on "abilify" 10 mg. Since I started gaining weight, the dosage was reduce to 5 mg. And then switch to "invega" 3 mg. I took "invega" for approximately 20 days. I decided to stop it since I have gained a lot of weight and I have been with a lot of breast discomfort. I took my last dosage this past Monday. Do you know how long does invega stay in the system after it has been discontinued?  I have not experience any withdraw symptoms yet, but I am afraid that they will appear any time soon.

It'll take about 7 days for oral paliperidone to completely clear from your blood.  But that doesn't mean that you won't get withdrawal symptoms after that point.  Nor does it mean that it's completely out of your system (like fatty tissues) which may take longer.  

Having said that, it also doesn't mean that you will get withdrawal symptoms.  Only time will tell.  Take care of yourself.  

Thanks Backstair, I hope you are doing better. 

Now with the info you provide on mind, better for me if I call my doctor to let her know that I quit the medication. I quit it without her consent. 

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

alldaisy, how are you doing now?

Hi Altostrata,

Thanks for asking. I am not completely recovery or feeling well. I still have the lack of appetite and sleepy feeling. I wake up sometimes with morning sickness (nauseas). I eat because I have to,  I drink water because I have to, no because I want or I feel hungry or thirsty. My sleeping pattern is "more stable" 5 or 6 hours a day. However, it take me for ever to sleep (about two -three hours after I take the medication). My pdoc have started reducing the dosage of gabapentin, to put me free of drug. But after reducing the dosage from 600 mg to 300 mg, I have started experiencing some bad nights. I will hold the new dosage for a while before trying a new dosage reduction. 

I wish you all here are doing better and feeling better.