Hopeful

Occasional neuromuscular symptoms: Tics, twitches, fasciculations, spasms, cramps, restless legs

Fresh

Hi Katie , welcome to the site.

Can you tell us a bit more about the sensations that "feel as if all my muscles are moving all the time , from my feet to my head"  ?

Did you have this on your previous dose of 4.7mg?   Or in the past?

This topic may be moved to the Introduction section , where it will your personal thread.

Good to have you here ,  Fresh

hopeforthefuture

Yes, this all sounds too familiar. Pain across the shoulders and pins and needles in the feet, shins, hands, and forearms for me.  Before Paxil, I was healthy, strong, and never experienced anything like the pain I live with every day and night. Before finding this site, I had no idea these sx’s could be related to SSRI w/d and complained to my family MD, who ordered blood work (everything came back neg) and an MRI (to rule out MS) which of course was negative as well. I have been living with these sx's for so long (as I have tried and failed to quit Paxil so many times in the last few years) they're just a part of my life. Like KatieB, I feel old - but DETERMINED to get off of this drug.

katieb

Hi Fresh .The sensation is very weird.I have experienced a mild version if youlike before but only in my head.It felt like everything inside was pulsing and fluttering.This was approx 3 months ago.The latest one which has come along with the pain is or feels the same but everywhere in my body and much stronger

I had a bath one evening trying to soak my aching body and went to lie down in bed hoping to be relaxed

Not so.I felt as if some one was underneath the bed pushing up and all over my body it was so strong I was convinced the bed was moving ,but my husband was lying next to me and felt nothing.

katieb

Hope for the future...I sympathise with you.I never had so much pain since being on this drug.Im a 46 year old woman and feel twice that age most of the time.I really do hope that there is hope for the future.

katieb

I am now taking 1.58ml which equals 3.15 mg of paroxatine liquid.This is my second week of this from dropping from 1.6ml which I stayed on for about 7 weeks because I had to make a trip overseas to see family and didn't want to drop before I went.Each drop I usually stay for 4 weeks depending on how I feel. I would like to maybe cut the amount of weeks but I'm not too sure.

Fresh

Thanks Katie.    I'm wondering if you're describing low-grade akathisia.    People describe it as  a jitteriness under the skin , like pulsing or fluttering. A low-grade

electrical current coursing through the head or body.  When I had it , I felt my feet were "dancing on the inside".

It is a recognized symptom of withdrawal here on SA.    For this reason , I'd be inclined to hold each cut for longer , rather than rushing through them.  Decreasing

quicker is more likely to precipitate the development of akathisia , if it's already started.

Try taking magnesium , and/or adding Epsom salts to your bath.

Look around in "Symptoms and Self Care"    for more suggestions.

:)

dalsaan

Hi Katieb

Welcome to the site. Sorry you are in such pain but glad you found us and have already been provided some support

You'll find we are a friendly helpful bunch

Can I ask that you start a thread for yourself in the intro section. We all have one that we use to record our journey, ask questions, look for reassurance etc. your intro thread also allows for ongoing interaction

Cheers

Dalsaan

peggy

hi katie - i had instense shoulder and neck pain like you describe, but mine ended up being a frozen shoulder.  do you have a full range of motion in your shoulder or is it reducing?

katieb

I don't think it's a frozen shoulder.It switches from both shoulders with burning pain.Also I have a constant aching in my left arm .????

Jaywill

I am 31 months off Paxil after taking it for 12 years. I had serious muscle pain, weakness, tingling, twitches and tremors until about 6 months ago. They thought I had MS but MRI ruled that out. Most of those issues are gone but now dealing with major chemical sensitivity and just feel sick all the time. I pray one day I will heal. Hope you feel better soon!

Bellisimo

Please can anyone tell me if they have had muscle and shoulder pain as a withdrawal symptoms. IT is a painful burning and aching pain with muscle tightness also across my neck.THis keeps me away at night to the point of no sleep and then exhausted in the day only to be kept awake all night the next night.I have had this now for a month with no relief.I am currently on 3 mg of paroxatine (very long and slow withdrawl)Also I have a strange feeling g as if all my muscles in my body are moving all the time from my feet to my head.Im hoping that this will go away.

Katieb

I was suffering ALOT from burning neck/shoulder pain .. my muscles were very stiff, bascially cramping and i would get lots of lockness in my limbago and upper back (like neck) .. its painful and really scary, I havent had burning neck/shoulder now for around 8 months amnd im so thankful for that! I had them for a few months, and they got much much worse after someone would give me a neck massage , the massage would trigger this alot.. now days when i get massage it helps to relax my muscles.

Bellisimo

I found out that ice or wet towels helped me ease the burning feeling and pain. I had a period when i had wet towels over my whole body haha

I couldnt tolerate heat at all by then and still in a wave im very sensitive to heat.

IndigoEarthling

Lifting weights helped me with the pain- it was bad in my back, firearms, thighs and butt for about 3 months. 9 months later I still get back pain and some random knee pain. Tiger balm patches also worked wonders. It will get better- I remember all those terrible nights waking up in pain. You just have to stick it out...

Lexy

I just read another thread where someone says that people who have physiological symptoms as well as phychological ones are the hardest ones to recover from ad wds...???

I am still tapering and have many physical symptoms (joint pain, muscle aches, tiredness, etc) as well as psychological (mood swings, Irritability, intrusive thoughts). Can this be true?

Please let me know if anyone has recovered who have had many physical problems.

btdt

attachicon.gifAboutClay Brochure.pdf

I already take magnesium 800 mg before bed, and vit C 3000 .

Have you tried clay as a detox? http://www.aboutclay.com I noticed a difference in brain fog within 6 hours after my first dose of edible Zeolite clay which is also good for treating radioation exposure which is happeing to all of us from Fukushima. Bentonite clay & iodine too. http://www.fukushimafacts.com see also http://www.greenclays.com/ & for Euorpe http://www.zeolith-bentonit-versand.de/en/?___from_store=de Bicarbonate of soda is very good de-tox, also safe replacement of mercury fillings by advance dentist, filtering your water, & using non-fluoride toothpaste will ease the burden of toxicity. http://drsircus.com/

Hi Temperance... I have tried most things but not clay cause i read something about it long ago I did not like it takes the good out of your body .... minerals or something like that... I was wondering if you have tried it if you have could you do an update please 

Meimeiquest

TMJ tightness is one of my bad places. I have been grinding my teeth in my sleep and recently broke a crown. Now using a mouth guard from Walmart while sleeping and it seems to be helping me sleep better and less tension in that area.

brassmonkey

btdt-- clay will not detox a drug modified brain, but it will draw a lot of the nutrients and minerals out of your body and make a sensitive person even sicker.  Our brains and bodies are in such a state of chaos that the last thing we need to be doing to them is forcing chemicals in and out of them willie nillie.  In the case of radiation poisoning the clay draws out the dead cells and associated chemicals so the body may repair it self faster, likewise in cases of chemical toxicity, but at the same time it draws out the nutrients and minerals that the body needs to run and repair itself.  So it is a two edged sword it may help you get better, but it will make you sick at the same time.  Clay is one of those things that people think, "because it is natural it is safe" when in fact it needs to be used with great care, for short periods of time and with great caution.  Personally I would avoid this and any other form detox, they are treatments that we just don't need while in WD.

Lovofsun

Guys I'm suffering pretty bad at the mo... My legs are in constant pain and when I try to relax my muscles twitch like crazy!

I went to the doctors and he said take a mag supplement and it should help.... Well I have been on the mag for a while and it's not getting better! Paracetamol don't work and I'm a it scared to try ibuprofen....

Is this wd symptoms or is it something more scary!

Cheers guys god bless

DLB

That is most defiantly symptoms. Had it too, as many others have.

RubyTuesday

have it myself, all the time. pain, twitching, together, separately, legs, arms, you name it. minor pains & spasms, major spasms. little twitches, big twitches, in between.

fortunately I can tolerate Aleve. or Tylenol.

one thing I am noticing is helpful (with anxiety, sorry, switching topic mid-sentence) is micro-movements. like wiggling my toes, massaging my fingers.

RubyTuesday

when I get pain and twitching combined, self-massage helps a lot.

also something my son taught me for major muscle spasms in the legs, also known as charlie horses (?)

lie flat on floor, press feet hard into wall.

katieb

Yep.Ruby Tuesday I have all those symptoms too.3 months now .????

katieb

I have it too lovofsun so I'm guessing it's withdrawl.One of my worst symptoms .I'm not good with pain

Wondering

So sorry you are going through that. I massage my legs and arms with Arnica gel (natural product)knocks out my leg pain but yours sound pretty intense. I haven't had the twitching so don't know if it would help with that or not. Hope you can find some help. I used to have Restless Legs Syndrome and that uncontrollable jumping legs was really miserable, yours is so much worse. Wondering

mammaP

It is a symptom of withdrawal but I also suffered with it as a side effect of effexor, it's very uncomfortable and the spasms are so painful. 

I take magnesium but double the recommended daily amount at night and it helps some. And epsom salts baths, they are amazing but I put 

3-4 cups full in the bath, 20 minutes soak and I can feel the tension ebbing away. 

Frustrated

yup I get the twitching, burning, pain, pin pricks, numbness.  You name it.  Been going on for 6 months now.  Terrible.  Funny I found Jigsaw magnesium helped but something in it amps up my mental ninjas so I can't take it.  I think maybe the malic acid was helping along with the magnesium.  Gonna buy malic acid and see.  Sorry you are suffering from this as well.

Lovofsun

I haven't found anything that helps yet other then sleep (when I can) the twitching is relentless put the pain comes and goes, worse with exercise atm....

I am of to get all my vitamins and minerals check next week as the doc things my potassium levels may be low due to me being coeliac

Frustrated

Please keep in mind that doctors only test your blood magnesium, potassium ,calcium etc. only 1 percent of the magnesium in your body is actually in your blood. You could test in normal range and still be deficient. Your body will do whatever it has to to keep normal mineral levels in your blood so you don't die. I would try the magnesium anyway. I notice that the glycinate and malate forms works well. The others upset me and cause GI issues.

Petunia

Lovosun, how much magnesium are you taking and what kind?

WinningThrough

It is a symptom of withdrawal but I also suffered with it as a side effect of effexor, it's very uncomfortable and the spasms are so painful. 

I take magnesium but double the recommended daily amount at night and it helps some. And epsom salts baths, they are amazing but I put 

3-4 cups full in the bath, 20 minutes soak and I can feel the tension ebbing away.

Hi mammaP. I just wondered, how much magnesium are you taking? My magnesium tablets are 250mg and I seem to do better on 500mg than on 250mg but I wonder if this is a bit high? I wondered how many mg you take? Thanks.

mammaP

Hi mammaP. I just wondered, how much magnesium are you taking? My magnesium tablets are 250mg and I seem to do better on 500mg than on 250mg but I wonder if this is a bit high? I wondered how many mg you take? Thanks

These are the ones I take, the recommended dose is 2 capsules daily, I take 4 at night.  I am a bit confused by the mgs as there are 2.

100 and 555 so I've taken a photo of the bottle, maybe it makes sense to others!

43c27ca3-1a9d-477c-aeae-5243fc575eb5.jpg 

WinningThrough

Thanks mammaP. I think your dose is 100mg which you're taking 4 of so 400mg. It has 25% of daily dose next to the 100mg so I think this must be the dose.

Lovofsun

I'm on 400mg the problem is there the type that causes the poops :(

Laura1981

Hi all, 

did anybody else get painful legs in withdrawal? I think it's the veins, but I'm not sure. 

Could that be my blood sugar being off? Or just the fact that I'm sitting on the couch more? 

It really hurts and I'm worried that it's something that I should be addressing. My doctor obviously stopped listening to me.

Thanks a bunch, 

Laura

freespirit

Hi Laura,

Yes, I've felt increased pressure in the veins in my legs..which has caused pain. In one leg, I've developed varicose veins..that I never had before wd. I read somewhere it's another symptom that is sometimes related to coming off the meds. I've had more pain in general in my legs too, which is not related to activity..but just comes and goes.

Laura1981

Thanks Freespirit!

Uuuuf, I don't want varicose veins.. I better get those special stockings. I think this withdrawal aged my by 40 years....