chicken

☼ chicken: help I'm scared mirtazapine Remeron

downtongirl

Hey Chicken...been reading your posts...very interesting story you have.  I am happy you were able to get off of the remeron.  How are you doing now?  Are you only on the nortryptiline or are you still on the tranxene and zyprexa too?

Sarabera

Hi Chicken, also want to see how you are doing--hope all is well. I finally got a chance to see your thread, and it's amazing how much has changed (tone in your threads, etc..) as you've gone through this. I haven't started my taper yet as I'm just now starting to feel stable with my sleeping issues. Glad I never took Remeron!

chicken

Hey Chicken...been reading your posts...very interesting story you have.  I am happy you were able to get off of the remeron.  How are you doing now?  Are you only on the nortryptiline or are you still on the tranxene and zyprexa too?

Hi Down,

Sorry for my delay in replying.

I'm doing well now, keeping my fingers crossed. I am only on the nortriptiline now. I'm off of the tranxene and zyprexa.

chicken

Hi Chicken, also want to see how you are doing--hope all is well. I finally got a chance to see your thread, and it's amazing how much has changed (tone in your threads, etc..) as you've gone through this. I haven't started my taper yet as I'm just now starting to feel stable with my sleeping issues. Glad I never took Remeron!

Sarabera,

Just go really slow and you will do fine. I'm glad you never took Remeron too. I've tapered everything much better than Remeron.

Sarabera

So you are on only 1.4 mg Pamelor now? that sounds really low, are you close to the end?!

I actually developed a mild benzodiazephine dependence in January, but I'm pretty much off that (just crumbs now). Hope to tackle amitryptiline soon. I'm still nervous about bad sleep, but at least I'm getting some.

Sarah

Hopefull

Hi Chicken,

So glad that you are doing well! You are almost there.

I am really happy for you.

Best wishes, Hopefull.

chicken

So you are on only 1.4 mg Pamelor now? that sounds really low, are you close to the end?!

I actually developed a mild benzodiazephine dependence in January, but I'm pretty much off that (just crumbs now). Hope to tackle amitryptiline soon. I'm still nervous about bad sleep, but at least I'm getting some.

Sarah

Sarah,

Yes I'm getting close to the end but in a way I'm not because I'm waiting a month between drops. So it will still take awhile. I originally dropped every two weeks until I hit around 1.6. Had a few nights of breakthrough anxiety so I slowed it way down. So far so good, so slow is the way to go when you get down to the low doses.

chicken

Hi Chicken,

So glad that you are doing well! You are almost there.

I am really happy for you.

Best wishes, Hopefull.

Thanks Hopefull.

chicken

Haven't post an update since Feb.

I will drop the nortriptyline down do 1.2 mg tonight

I'm currently at 1.3 mg and doing month holds. So far so good.

I've been off the benzo for 19 mos and the zyprexa 16 mos.

I just keep praying things go well. I believe going slowly is the key.

Interviewed for a different job at my company this month. I don't think I will get it. Looks like I need to go back to school. I'm looking into some classes maybe this summer or fall. I'm praying nothing withdrawal related happens as I don't want my brain to konk out during school.

The year hasn't gone well in other ways. Jan 4, a lady ran a stop sign and totaled one of my classic cars, had to go to the hospital, no severe injuries though. Saw a chiropractor for 3 or 4 weeks for muscle pain, manged to avoid drugs. Got sick with sinus in Jan, but managed to avoid antibiotics. Rear end gave out in my truck, had to spend $1100 to get it fixed. Had chest pains last month and went to the emergency thinking it was my heart. Cardiologist never figured out what it was but the pain went away. Walked in the house last month and the chair was starting to go up in flames. My mom had gone in another room after throwing a match in the trash can. If I hadn't walked in at the right time, I guess the house would have burned down. A week ago got in to dispute with a coworker about job related stuff, had to meet with the boss. I had stress over that but got it solved.  Got a speeding ticket last week, now have to get a lawyer and pay fines. This week, saw the dentist and he says I need a crown put on my tooth.  Anyway after all this stress I managed to NOT have any anxiety, unbelievable. Can't say what will happen in the future. But thank the Lord I'm still holding.

I hope everyone gets well soon. I don't spend as much time here anymore but I do check in and read some of the posts.

I think the best thing I've learned here, is SLOW. Trusting in the Lord Jesus has also helped me. Wishing everyone the best.

Sarabera

Hey chicken, great to hear that you are doing so well, especially with all that stress!! geez louise. I was basically forced to C/T the amitryptiline, figured out it was causing severe insomnia (paradoxical). I reinstated just a tiny amount to settle my stomach, but otherwise I'm doing quite well. Sleep is very uneven but getting better. Hopefully we will both be off all drugs soon! '

Sarah

chicken

Hey chicken, great to hear that you are doing so well, especially with all that stress!! geez louise. I was basically forced to C/T the amitryptiline, figured out it was causing severe insomnia (paradoxical). I reinstated just a tiny amount to settle my stomach, but otherwise I'm doing quite well. Sleep is very uneven but getting better. Hopefully we will both be off all drugs soon! '

Sarah

Sara,

I'm glad you're doing better. I find the tiny amount causes no side effects like the dry mouth etc. When I dropped below 10mg of the drug my dry mouth went away. After 5 cavities caused by it,  I and my dentist were SO glad. You're sleep should stabilize as you get used to the tiny amount.

nz11

All the best for the latest drop.

Gee the finish line is in sight for you. How wonderful .

chicken

All the best for the latest drop.

Gee the finish line is in sight for you. How wonderful .

Thanks NZ. My only concern is after I stop. Hopefully, going slow now will keep something from happening.  I really do believe that the magnesium helps keep my original anxiety under control. I do believe that had I known about magnesium years ago I would have never needed, or at least thought I needed a drug.

Hopefull

Ho Chicken,

You really have been through a lot lately.

Hang in there.

Thank you for stopping by my thread.

Best wishes, Hopefull.

chicken

Update.

REDUCED to 1 mg last night. So far so good. Not sure when I will stop maybe at .5 mg.

Altostrata

Well, this is great progress, chicken! Look at how far you've come.

chicken

Yes alto. It has been along journey. I'm doing a month hold at these low doses. That appears to work best.

chicken

Down to .9 mg. At least the end is in sight. Starting school next month. 45 and ready for a career change.

elbee

I just read the whole thread. Amazing. You are a different person today then when you first arrived to this forum. Congratulations :)

Altostrata

Hurray!

chicken

Thanks. I just hope nothing happens after I stop taking it. Still doing month holds. I may stop at .5 so a few more months to go.

Hopefull

Good on you Chicken! You have come very far! Best wishes, Hopefull.

herewego

Hi Chicken,

I am so happy to read your story with how far you have come. I am on zyprexa and was wondering how you tapered off of zyprexa lower than 2.5? Perhaps though with not being on it too long and having the Pamelor in your system you were able to do it more quickly - but I was curious.

downtongirl

Congratulations Chicken you have done so well....how much magnesium and what type do you take?  Did you ever try the inositol?

chicken

Hi downtongirl.

I've been off zyprexa and tranxene since Dec. 2014 I started tapering nortrip Jan 2015.

Everything is well for now. Keeping my fingers crossed for the time after I stop the med. I may stop when I hit .5. I'm at .8mg of nortrip now.

chicken

Congratulations Chicken you have done so well....how much magnesium and what type do you take?  Did you ever try the inositol?

Don't have the bottle in front of me but I think it is 250mg of mag citrate. I can only find the gel caps at Walgreens. I stocked up when they had a buy one get one free sale.

I haven't tried inositol. Since things are going well I probably will not unless something happens and I need it. I will keep it in mind as I've read good things about it.

chicken

Hi Chicken,

I am so happy to read your story with how far you have come. I am on zyprexa and was wondering how you tapered off of zyprexa lower than 2.5? Perhaps though with not being on it too long and having the Pamelor in your system you were able to do it more quickly - but I was curious.

I didn't taper the zyprexa properly according to this site. I dry cut it as best I could and so the dosages were not accurate. I halved the pill and then quartered it before I stopped taking it. I was only on it for a few months so that may have been the reason I had no problems stopping it. I've only taken APs twice and was on them for very short periods of time.

AD's have caused the most problems for me so I'm tapering them slowly.

chicken

Now down to .5 mg. The end is in sight.

brassmonkey

Way to go Chicken. It's getting really close now. Well done.

nz11

Good going chicken.

ChessieCat

Ooooo, how exciting for you!  Remember that the turtle won the race.

elbee

Congrats! I remember reading your first entries on here . . . you've come a long way :)

Hopefull

Way to go Chicken! Well done!

It has been a long road but you are almost there. Best wishes, Hopefull. :)

Altostrata

Hurray, chicken!

Just to be on the safe side -- step gradually off 0.5mg, okay?

chicken

Just popping in for an update. Now down to .3 mg. I have been symptom free for over a year. I did have a little nervousness due to virus last year. I will try to stop completely on or near .1 mg.

Hopefull

Hi Chicken,

It is always nice to hear from you! Glad that you are doing well.

:)