Punarbhava

Recommended books on antidepressant withdrawal

ChessieCat

For people who aren't able to either buy or borrow these books, some of the authors have YouTube videos which contain similar information.

Nevertoolate

https://nypost.com/2016/04/05/are-antidepressants-making-women-sicker/

An excerpt....All you have to do is spend a few minutes on SurvivingAntidepressants.orgBeyondMeds.com, or SSRIstories.org to appreciate that we have created a monster. Millions of men, women and children the world over are suffering side effects, including complicated withdrawal routinely dismissed by their prescribing clinicians. Contrary to what Big Pharma would have you believe, weaning off antidepressants is extremely difficult, so choosing to take them could be signing up for a lifetime of medication use that creates and sustains abnormal states in the brain and entire nervous system. As a clinician who once believed in these medications, I have been humbled by what they are capable of. In fact, even when I have tapered women off of Celexa at extremely low increments of .001mg a month, it can be hard to imagine another class of substances on Earth so potentially complicated to discontinue.

I think I need to stop reading these articles. 

I'm genuinely worried and scared I'll never recover completely from the long term effects of being on these for 30 odd years. 

I don't remember ever feeling this way before after coming off them the few other times I tried.

DrugfreeProf

If you have experienced improvement thus far, which it seems like you have, then you are likely to experience further improvement, according to what I've read by other heroes (aside from Kelly Brogan) and based on many, many people's experiences. Keep the faith! And yes, be careful what you read. 

Nevertoolate

Thank you. Yes some days it's hard to believe or keep the faith but we just have to keep pushing forward because there's definately no going back!! 

Nevertoolate
8 hours ago, DrugfreeProf said:

If you have experienced improvement thus far, which it seems like you have, then you are likely to experience further improvement, according to what I've read by other heroes (aside from Kelly Brogan) and based on many, many people's experiences. Keep the faith! And yes, be careful what you read. 

Can you expand on what you mean about Kelly Brogan please?

DrugfreeProf

Kelly Brogan is one of the few medical doctors brave enough to speak out against psych drugs.

Nevertoolate

Ah no worries. Thank you.