thisismyname: quit celexa C/T

thisismyname

Eventually Im planning on going off all of my drugs/herbs/vitamins. I figure if Im going to go off of my celexa in the future I may as well keep the anti anxiety drugs and herbs. Quitting adderall will be a battle for another day. After adderall is gone and the withdraws are no more, Buspar and vistaril will be a piece of cake.

Summer of 2007 started celexa at age 15.

December of 2013 MISDIAGNOSED with GERD and was perscribed ppi's.

Mid May 2014 went C/T(Stupidly) off of my 40MG of celexa due to an interaction to the ppi's. This interaction left my body damaged.

First of July of 2014 went back on my celexa at 5 mgs..

Currently adjusting to 5 mg's of Celexa.

Current meds: Adderall Xr 30 mg/ Celexa 5mg/ Buspar 15mg/ Vistaril 25mg/ Fish oil 1000mg/ B12 100mcg/ Mulit-vitamin.

Im pretty satisfied with the advice given to me from this site. Its a good thing I read about reinstatement before I jumped in head first. 5 mg's made me feel nuts for a few days, imagine if I restarted back on the 40?

No new side effects today.

Mid May 2014 went C/T(Stupidly) off of my 40MG of celexa due to an interaction to the ppi's. This interaction left my body damaged.

Current meds: Adderall Xr 30 mg/ Celexa 5mg/ Buspar 15mg/ Vistaril 25mg/ Fish oil 1000mg/ B12 100mcg/ Mulit-vitamin.

• Administrator

Good to hear, TIMN. Please keep us posted about how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Good to hear, TIMN. Please keep us posted about how you're doing.

B) TIMN. I like that! 

Btw. If you don't mind me asking, where is your withdrawal story? Im kind of curious.

This website saved me again.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/620-chamomile/

I was taking a herbal mix of L-theanine, Lemon balm, Lavender and Chamomile. I noticed that I was feeling discombobulated and depressed all of a  and my ed was getting worse again. I found out that Chamomile is a potent inhibitor of several digestive enzymes that metabolize drugs, I've stopped taking the mixture. Im just lucky that It only contained a very small amount of chamomile. 

"As indicated by these in vitro data, chamomile preparations contain constituents inhibiting the activities of major human drug metabolizing enzymes; interactions with drugs whose route of elimination is mainly via cytochromes (especially CYP1A2) are therefore possible."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16137701 

• Administrator

Good catch, please add to the chamomile topic here!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I got a new social worker. She seems to have her head on straight. She recently and successfully went off of her effexor capsules. I told her about the sexual issues that celexa gave me due to an interaction and she LISTENED. She even gave me frank advice, she didn't skirt around the topic or get nervous at all. Unlike my last social worker who minimized the significance that the sexual dysfunction had on me. He said that sexual function was "Secondary", the current social worker agreed that sexual function is important.

• Administrator

Well, that's good news. No reason to have people in your life who don't understand what you're going through.