Skylarblue75: new and really messed up

Skylarblue75

Just posting this is month 17 off my last a/d lexapro, no changes.

Spring of 1998 place on birth control pills for irregular bleeding, high testosterone and one ovarian cyst, stayed on until April 2004, told to take hormone holiday, conceived first son 4 months later-VERY BIG SUPRISE, was told wouldn't be able to have childern or would need reproductive doctor to help. Got pregnant again 2006 with second son easily, then was on/off birthcontrol again until October 2011, concieved 3rd son in October 2011(tried many times to get pregant again when 2nd child was close to 2yrs, hormone problems started again after 2nd child, along with thyroid enlargement.

Spring of 2001 celexa 10 mgs-rx'd by pcp for complaints of chronic fatigue, irritability and weight gain, stayed on until June 2005, switched to Lexapro 20mgs for PPD, stayed on Lexapro 6-7 months, couldn't afford to see psyh dr. and Lexapro, saw PCP switched back to 20mgs celexa in 2007, remained on until November 2011, was c/t off due to 3rd pregnancy, baby had umbilical cord defect, seemed ok during pregnancy, except for crying jags here and there. Our miracle baby was born July 20th 2012, healthy except with reflux. One month later the anxiety,restlessness,horrible crying, insomnia and the deepest depression ever. That started the psyh drug nightmare-benzo's,antidepressants, sleeping pills, mood stablizers. Nothing help made me worse, doctors just kept changing the meds frequently. 4 mental health hospitalizations, rapid detox off benzos Jan 2013, horrible withdrawal and still suffering withdrawal symptoms NO ONE BELIEVES ME, I feel like ive been on one consistant drug withdrawal for the past 2 years

January 2014 slow titrate up of lexapro to 20 mgs-horrible side effects!!, was just rapidly taper by current pysh off to pursade me to try an MAOI-no way!!! Was told should consider ECT

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skylarblue75

• btdt

• LoveandLight

• Muddles

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Skyler,

I'm sorry to hear, no changes.

Just keep on fighting,

Tgirl

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

June 2014 abilify 2.5 remeron wasn't working so abilify was then added

September 2014 woke up with anxiety x 100!!!!

Pdoc then took me from 45 to 7.5 within a month and took abilify from 2.5 to 0

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Vitamin d 5,000 iu taking for about 3 years

October 2014 added fish oil/omega 3 1000 mg per day

Levothyroxitine 100 10 years or so

Dec 2014 started tapering 10% every 10 days-no problems.

August 2015 down to 0.1 mg

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

you are not alone.....just had MRI because I am so dizzy I have convinced myself I have something wrong with my brain

its been 5 months for me can't imagine the torture you are having...I am so sorry

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft
skipped doses every other day for a year and started having anxiety again in March 2012
back on at 50mgs Dec 2013
started taper from benzos April 2014 per Heather Ashton method (c/o from kpin to diazepam)
March 2015 started 1.25mg lorazepam
Tapered off Zoloft in May off in 4 weeks...5 weeks later crashing AGAIN. Dr wanted to start Gabapentin tried it 7 days
Symptoms :burning eyes, anxiety, pounding heart, dizzy, strange head feeling, internal shaking, Overall UNWELL
Taking lorazepam 1.25mg daily

I just came across your thread.  It hits so close to home with kids and the "find the right drug" fiasco that I, too, went through over a few panic attacks and now I am a mess.  I just entered month 7 off and got worse.  You will get through this.  Hang in there and just do the best you can.  Fake smile with your kids if you have to.  I have the deep deep impending doom feeling everyday and some days it lifts a little.  The anxiety you talk about I have as well.  I have an internal energy that feels like it's trying to rip out of my body and don't trust myself to drive or go anywhere alone as I feel the end of the world is going to happen at any sec.  I describe it as being on death row and lining up to get the lethal injection....it's a gross feeling and for no reason.  It is just THERE.  Terrible!  I hope you don't have all of that.  I know we all have similar things, yet different.  WE WILL ALL GET THROUGH THIS!!!  STAY STRONG (AS YOU CAN)!!!!!

Dec 2014 I tried Zoloft 25mg for one week (adverse reaction - extreme anxiety and felt like I was on an amphetamine). Dr. said to quit cold turkey, so I not only quit Zoloft but also 2 weeks of Xanax .25mg -- extreme dizziness, hyperarousal and anxiety began! On Jan. 29, 2015 my psychiatrist put me on new stuff and this is how my next 2 months and 7 days looked like (I was having the same bad reactions to all of these):Effexor XR 37.5mg (3 days) - throwing up, heart palpations, night tremors/convulsions or something where whole body shakes for a second, Prozac 10mg (15 days), Prozac 20mg (7 days) - internal restlessness, electric current through body/brain (not zaps), agitation, intense fear and could no longer nap at this point (still can't today because of this), Lexapro 5mg (4 days) - same as Prozac, a horror show...extreme internal agitation, Lexapro 7.5mg (2 days), Lexapro 10mg (16 days), Zoloft 12.5mg (3 days)...she said try it again since my blood relative does well on it, Zoloft 25mg (7 days) - same as before and getting worse!! Zoloft 50mg (6 days), Zoloft 25mg (4 days and then came off cold turkey on April 8, 2015). I used Xanax .25mg about 7 times per month through all of this until June 30, 2015 (my last benzo dose). Extreme anxiety, nervous system traumatized, mental akathisia, anger triggered by nothing but the brain totally going off on its own, feeling of a pressurized electric current going through me like my brain and body are trying to explode, stress reaction x10000 to everything, waking in terror lasting all day, fear, very sensitive, brain can't keep up, don't know what to do with myself, feeling like everything is going too fast and I can't keep up, helium head, deep depression like something is ripping out my soul, out of my mind, can hardly drive or be alone, cognitive issues, simple tasks are so complex and straining, feel disturbed because the brain can't process anything right even though your brain tries so hard and it makes you go mad, episodes of deep anguish with a sick toxic poison feeling (like you have some unknown virus).

• 4 weeks later...

18 months off my last a/d lexapro today and on the 20th of this month will mark 4 years since I cold turkey from a 10 year usage of celexa. Still suffering.

Spring of 1998 place on birth control pills for irregular bleeding, high testosterone and one ovarian cyst, stayed on until April 2004, told to take hormone holiday, conceived first son 4 months later-VERY BIG SUPRISE, was told wouldn't be able to have childern or would need reproductive doctor to help. Got pregnant again 2006 with second son easily, then was on/off birthcontrol again until October 2011, concieved 3rd son in October 2011(tried many times to get pregant again when 2nd child was close to 2yrs, hormone problems started again after 2nd child, along with thyroid enlargement.

Spring of 2001 celexa 10 mgs-rx'd by pcp for complaints of chronic fatigue, irritability and weight gain, stayed on until June 2005, switched to Lexapro 20mgs for PPD, stayed on Lexapro 6-7 months, couldn't afford to see psyh dr. and Lexapro, saw PCP switched back to 20mgs celexa in 2007, remained on until November 2011, was c/t off due to 3rd pregnancy, baby had umbilical cord defect, seemed ok during pregnancy, except for crying jags here and there. Our miracle baby was born July 20th 2012, healthy except with reflux. One month later the anxiety,restlessness,horrible crying, insomnia and the deepest depression ever. That started the psyh drug nightmare-benzo's,antidepressants, sleeping pills, mood stablizers. Nothing help made me worse, doctors just kept changing the meds frequently. 4 mental health hospitalizations, rapid detox off benzos Jan 2013, horrible withdrawal and still suffering withdrawal symptoms NO ONE BELIEVES ME, I feel like ive been on one consistant drug withdrawal for the past 2 years

January 2014 slow titrate up of lexapro to 20 mgs-horrible side effects!!, was just rapidly taper by current pysh off to pursade me to try an MAOI-no way!!! Was told should consider ECT

I am also suffering, Skylarblue, so we are two :-)

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Skylar,

How are you ?  It's good to hear from you.

Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

It would be good if we knew a cure, something like if you do this or that then you will heal. Today in the morning I had the same stupid thoughts like every day, and I was telling myself I have to solve it in some way, but I dont know how. So I stayed stuck in the problem, and I am just pushing it before myself, that is a pity if I knew what to do I would tell also to you. But I dont know.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

I'm so sorry Skylar.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• 2 weeks later...

Today marks 4 years that I ct off 10 years use of celexa. I'm not coming on here much anymore because its triggering for me and I need to protect myself as much as possible. I thinks of everyone always and keep all of you in my prayers. Hopefully one day soon I can come back here and post a success story and give back in a positive manner.

• 3 weeks later...

19 months off my last a/d lexapro, still the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Merry Christmas, Skylar and a happy new year.

symptoms OCD

Thanks for the update skylar ... . Wishing you healing for 2016.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Skylarblue75, I pray that you get a break and improvements from your symptoms this coming year. I feel for you and know what you are going through. I wish you the best, ps22

Celexa 20mg 2008-2012 for Social Anxiety

Failed attempt to stop reinstated

1 year taper skipping doses

Celexa free 12/2013

1/2014-5/2014 took 5 htp every other day

Failed Reinstatement 5mg of Celexa on 12/2014 for 5 days only

• 1 month later...

Posting that I am 21 months off of my last a/d lexapro. Im only coming here to post that I'm not well, my symptoms remain and some have gotten worse. I'm just at the point were I'm ready to take the diagnosis of fibromyalgia/cfs/major depression with anxiety, that this is all in my head, that was slapped on me by the last endocrinologist back in August because I've lost all hope and can't cope anymore. my family wants some sort of diagnosis and keep pressuring me to seek treatment for my issues. I'm never symptoms free and remain sick. Hope everyone is well.

"I'm just at the point were I'm ready to take the diagnosis of fibromyalgia/cfs/major depression with anxiety"  

What difference does it make what they call it?  I know it makes a difference to other people who still believe in health care ect...but to us what difference does it make?  I had that dx since 1994 post prozac use and was treated with many other antidepressants some turned me into somebody else others made me crazy it was a mixed bag and all the while I looked to my family and loved ones like I was trying and poor me and the dx just kept coming and the drugs just kept coming and I kept constantly dancing trying to keep my head above water with drug reactions... how to dance with this reaction... is it a symptoms of yet another illness.. 

on and on and on it went till I basically fell apart and could not take any more drugs... had head drops and foot dragging and suffered thru cold turkey only now to end up with multiple chemical sensitivity... another bag of tricks and symptoms to adjust too just this time it is not a drug but perfumes and soaps and chemicals in normal living situations I have to avoid or be sick.  I am generally just not great all the time... and worse if pressed by life or chemicals that others find ok but are now toxic to me. 

We all know wd is up and down and I am sorry your in a down now... feeling like your in constant wd is normal considering you are in constant wd... it is a difficult thing to live thru.  Accepting a dx is not always the same thing as treating the issue diagnosed... is it?  How about none drug treatments?  

I don't really know what to say to you except that your the only one who can decide if you want more drugs to treat this accepted dx... they don't know what to do about that dx either... for me it lead to more drugs and more dx till I finally reached the daddy of them all ptsd - which in my way of thinking is just the mixed ball of wax of all the other dx at the same time not just anxiety or depression ect ect but all of them... I think that is where we end up after years of drugging if we are lucky it will not move on to Tilt ... mcs...ect... who the hell knows what is next. 

I know the pressure of wanting to be well for family and wanting to appease them by doing what the doc says... I did it.  I now wonder what would have happened if I didn't do it and we will never know. 

I don't have any answers only you do cause whatever you decide you have to life with... I just want you to know your not alone in this and as far as my reasoning goes these drugs in my case prozac  caused the cfs fibro... whatever name you want to give it.  

There is one article here about prozac and cfs/fibro I know cause I put it here... reasoning goes like this cfs caused by mitochondria damage prozac and a lot of other drugs cause mitochondria damage.  

All I was offered to treat it was more ads... which I took and anything else I have tried since has only caused reactions and not helped. 

your not alone it is complex for sure I am sorry for your suffering and I know it too. 

I wish you peace

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

• 1 month later...

Posting that I'm 22 months off lexapro I'm still sick. I recently went to my gp and saw a nurse practitioner. My BP is high still having a lot of symptoms still so she wants bloodwork and wants me to see a pulmonary/sleep doctor. It's difficult to come on here and read of so much suffering or read of people who are where I'm at and doing much better. I think of everyone often and keep all of you in my prayers.

I'm sorry Sky. Always wonder how you are doing. Really hope you can get some answers.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

bp sleep studies are common for those of us who have taken these drugs my bp has never returned to normal I run high but can't tolerate the drugs. ...sleep comes and goes. still 

I wonder why they bother to keep studying 

there are times we all need a break from sites like this take them as you need them

Had a car accident in 85
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, posting that I'm 23 months off, still sick. Sleep is not improving and either is my many symptoms. I got the results of my lab work, my am cortisol is still high and I'm in perimenopause and based on my ovarian hormone levels will be menopausal soon at the age of 40. Doctor wants to put me on bc pills and I really don't know what to do anymore. Supposedly my thyroid is fine despite the fact that my levels are still all over the place, i have pain in my neck where my thyroid is and constantly feel like when I eat food gets caught in my throat, hair continues to thin and can see my scalp, my nails are dry and peel, my skin is dry and itchy but I have acne and my weight is up and down and I'm not doing anything differently. Still have GI problems, I don't think I will ever have normal digestion or a normal bowel movement ever again. Still have frequent urination with increased thirst I still can't exercise, still walking around like a detached zombie with horrible brain fog and dizzy. The depression and anxiety continue with panic attacks that even occur if I dose off. Im still freezing cold all day and hot and sweating at night. I'm utterly exhausted but wired, miserable, in pain with muscle twitching tingling and numbness, crying still pretty much everyday at the drop of a hat. Still can't tolerate stress. Still have the mind racing with intrusive thoughts. Mood is horrible, raging tinnitus, Vision problems persist. Still have the shakes and jittery feeling, still feel restless and agitated. Still can't nap, Still sensitive to supplements, foods etc. I could go on and on been at this for a long time now. I don't know why I'm not making improvements. Soon to be 4 years of this crap, tired of feeling sick and insane. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you to those that have stopped by and took the time to read my updates and wish me well. I wish I could be supportive I'm so sorry!

Hello Skylar, I am also not often here anymore, but I read your post, so I tried to think about that a little. Sure there can be also some other causes but on the other hand you took Celexa for ten years, it is not so less and your last drug is only 23 months ago. On my mobile phone I dont see your signature therefore I dont know how long you took also Lexapro, but I assume also longer. Give it still a bit time, you can research also other illnesses, but I would not give up on it, it is possible that a turn comes now between 2 and 3 year.It is just my opinion, it was good to hear from you.

symptoms OCD

• 3 weeks later...

Nearing 24 months drug free, still the same. Thank you Martina and BTDT for taking the time to read my posts and offer support.

• 2 weeks later...

Officially 2 years off from my last a/d lexapro still sick and trying to deal and cope.

Well wishes to all

That is quite a milestone congratulations 2 years is a long time we should all get a reward for time served... a gold watch or something... I am sure the prize when it comes will be peace... it will be well savoured. 

I wish you peace

Had a car accident in 85

Skylar, did you check on diabetes? Just another idea, because by diabetes the people feel thirsty and urinate a lot and have a low mood. But this would be seen from your bloodwork, isnt it? But please dont be scared, it must not be, it is just another idea what can be checked.

symptoms OCD

• 3 years later...

Can you update us how you are?

December 2017- start 15mg mirtazapine

March 2018 - reduce from 15 to 7,5mg then after 2 weeks reduce tot 3,75mg

April 2018- going back to 7,5mg

July 2018-tapered 1mg off every 2 weeks.

September 2018- 4,5mg 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Skylarblue75: new and really messed up
  • 9 months later...

@Skylarblue75

Did your buzzing in head/ears resolve - Ive had in now for two months after stopping amitriptyline. It feels like very load electrical buzzing in my ears and head with intermittent tinnitus sounds in both ears. Im still taking mirtazapine and have horrible sleep problems. Could you please let me please know your experience. Thank you very much!

August 2020 - Mirtazapine 30, Clonazepam 0.5

September 2020 - Changed to Amitriptyline 100, Olanzapine 10, Clonazepam 0.5

Tapered to 0 by December 2020

February 2021 - Mirtazapine 15 - rapid taper after 14 days of use. 

Supplements: fish oil and magnesium 

• 1 year later...

Hi, @Skylarblue75,

from what I see You are no longer active, and for a long time, but maybe You will see this and tell us how are You doing, wishing You all the best!

V.

Duloxetine 2016/17 - 30/60mg/30mg, c/t, light WD.

Sertraline June 2019 50mg ADR

Clorazepate June 2019 20-15-10mg for 3 weeks then sparsely until 2022, 2 times per month max and very low dose (5mg)

Clorazepate Jan2022 10mg 5 days 2,5mg 2 days then off

Venlafaxine June 2019 75mg ADR, 17,5mg, titrated to 37,5mg

Venlafaxine Jan 2022 Covid, hard ADR on 37,5mg, reduced to 20mg ADR, tried ct, crash,

Venlafaxine 22Jan22 reinstated 9,4mg, too low/ 01Feb22- 12mg/ 12Feb- 11,25mg/ 16Feb- 11mg/ 20Feb- 10,8mg/ 24Feb22-10,575mg/ 16Mar22- 10,46mg/ 26Mar22- 10,35mg/ 26Apr22- 10mg/ 01Oct- 9,9mg/ 13Nov- 9,7mg

01Jan24-7,5mg

MAR24

Due to another sudden intolerance had to fast taper venlafaxine to 1,14mg 

Seems like all of this time I was in benzo withdrawal, because when I took it now in desperation to help it made me feel worse, tried reinstatement first 1mg, then 0,05mg both made me feel worse.