celexahell: Has Citalopram destroyed me in one week? Is this even possible?

celexahell

GiaK how do you define 100 procent recovered?

9/2013 to 1/2014 on zyprexa,

1/2014 to 3/2014 months on zoloft

cold turkeyd all meds but still suffering from anhedonia

01/2015 recovered, my old self is back

06/2015  better and stronger person 

manic episode and total relapse

actually I don't think in terms of recovery at all. Recovery implies going back to what one had before...I have no interest in that. 

I use the term recovered because that is what was being used here. I have no interest in recovery. 

I can tell you I am indeed being transformed however and that's the way I like it. 

Those who use the term recovery, I believe mean it to mean they have functioning like they had before they got sick. 

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

• Administrator

I would like to see this off-topic discussion in celexahell's topic move on to other places in the site, such as

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Recovery

"Is it always going to be like this?"

The importance of feeling good

Creating a new self after withdrawal

What does healing from withdrawal syndrome feel like?

btdt, we've discussed this before: Stop taking over other people's Introductions topics. This topic is for celexahell's musings and progress, not yours.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Do you get any sensations? I don't even get hungry or thirsty?! How weird is that!

Same here. Never hungry, thirsty, tired, or fully awake. Things don't quite taste or smell as rich either. Basically reality is completely destroyed in every sense of the word. I don't see myself making it to 30 at this rate. I'll feel bad for my family but they are the ones the recommended this crap and frankly there's no way one can live this way, emotionally void, slow, tired, and asexual. I wish I could be positive but there's nothing to be positive about. Six dumb pills of an unnecessary, haphazardly prescribed drug have destroyed the vivid person I once was, and I cannot and will not live like this.

You will recover - I believe this.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

You will recover - I believe this.

Thanks. What makes you believe this? I literally have no emotions anymore and feel horrible 24/7. Plus castration.

It will take time but have read people get over adverse reactions.

I was going to say you were unfortunate to have this reaction, but maybe we should turn it around.

Why don't we say you are fortunate? Fortunate to have had this reaction. Had you not, you may have been stuck on it for years...unable to get off and when you did suffered horrendous withdrawels on top of what you have now...for a long time.

I read a few posts about a lady who suffered from an adverse reaction after being on Prozac for a couple of months. She was recovered by 18 months.

This will be you! You're free from meds and on the to recovery. I can't wait to say that.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

And this lady had a lot of other side effects too.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Very well said Muddles!!

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

It will take time but have read people get over adverse reactions.

I was going to say you were unfortunate to have this reaction, but maybe we should turn it around.

Why don't we say you are fortunate? Fortunate to have had this reaction. Had you not, you may have been stuck on it for years...unable to get off and when you did suffered horrendous withdrawels on top of what you have now...for a long time.

I read a few posts about a lady who suffered from an adverse reaction after being on Prozac for a couple of months. She was recovered by 18 months.

This will be you! You're free from meds and on the to recovery. I can't wait to say that.

Please link me to the story. I literally have no emotions and feel castrated. I know everyone thinks they have it the worst but I really believe I do have it the worst. I am barely on this planet anymore.

I really believe I do have it the worst

You don't. Not by a long shot. By any chance have you read any other threads here? Any?

Muddles is attempting mightily to support you, everyone here is. Trying to help you change the channel. What are you doing to help your own recovery and support the ones that are trying to help you? Maybe you are doing it in PM's, I don't know. Have you read Muddles thread for instance?

Please put your drug history in your signature. Instructions are in the beginning of your thread.

Are you taking fish oil and magnesium? What are your daily activities, what are you doing to assist in your recovery?

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Believe me, you don't have it the worst.

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

Believe me, you don't have it the worst.

Maybe I don't, but feeling castrated, emotionally void, and practically mentally retarded; when I used to be absolute stud, and the most fluid intellectually capable person is just criminal.

• Moderator Emeritus

You don't. Not by a long shot. By any chance have you read any other threads here? Any?

Muddles is attempting mightily to support you, everyone here is. Trying to help you change the channel. What are you doing to help your own recovery and support the ones that are trying to help you? Maybe you are doing it in PM's, I don't know. Have you read Muddles thread for instance?

Please put your drug history in your signature. Instructions are in the beginning of your thread.

Are you taking fish oil and magnesium? What are your daily activities, what are you doing to assist in your recovery?

I'd be interested to hear the answers to these questions, they are more helpful (and more respectful of others) than the constant constructing yourself as the worst, permanently damaged etc.

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Yes I'm taking FO and Mag. I excercise at least three times a week and I've been improving my diet. I spend time with friends and listen to music as much as possible. Yet I feel absolutely dead all day, and castrated. What kind of life is this anyway?

• Moderator Emeritus

I excercise at least three times a week and I've been improving my diet. I spend time with friends and listen to music as much as possible. Yet I feel absolutely dead all day, and castrated. What kind of life is this anyway

I would say that is a very productive life.  You are able to exercise, listen to music and be with friends.  Do I take it you 

are able to go to work and function there too?   Be very thankful for the ability to do those things.  

Go to beyondmeds.com and see how Monica lived,  bedridden and unable to even brush her teeth. 

Emotional blunting and anhedonia are terrible, but you can function and exercise which will help you to

heal.  I do not know why you refuse to believe that you can get better. Google neuroplasticity and 

you will see that the brain can heal, even from physical damage.  

I'm sorry you are suffering but your recovery is in your hands. Time and patience are needed, you have time,

try and cultivate the patience. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Yet I feel absolutely dead all day, and castrated. What kind of life is this anyway?

This is your life, right now. We are trying to help you deal with it. We know it does not help your healing to keep posting the same thing day after day after day after day and we tell you so but it is not getting through to you. Every single person who reads your thread every day is going through the same struggle, oftentimes much worse than you. They (we) have life problems and other serious serious illnesses to boot. Yet all you can concentrate on is your castration which will reverse itself in time. In a long time, however,  which you are just making even longer by continuing to dwell on it. Do you know that now that it is apparent that you are sensitive to AD's that there are other things in life you need to watch out for? We're here to tell you about them so your life does not get worse.

We are here to support each other. So how about offering some of us some support? And while you are at it, put your drug and supplement history in your signature the next time you post. Your thread is 6 pages long already.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Yet I feel absolutely dead all day, and castrated. What kind of life is this anyway?

This is your life, right now. We are trying to help you deal with it. We know it does not help your healing to keep posting the same thing day after day after day after day and we tell you so but it is not getting through to you. Every single person who reads your thread every day is going through the same struggle, oftentimes much worse than you. They (we) have life problems and other serious serious illnesses to boot. Yet all you can concentrate on is your castration which will reverse itself in time. In a long time, however, which you are just making even longer by continuing to dwell on it. Do you know that now that it is apparent that you are sensitive to AD's that there are other things in life you need to watch out for? We're here to tell you about them so your life does not get worse.

We are here to support each other. So how about offering some of us some support? And while you are at it, put your drug and supplement history in your signature the next time you post. Your thread is 6 pages long already.

I know I need to "change the channel" but it is so incredibly difficult. The feeling of complete emptiness and loss, and that my entire inner world has been rendered void and null. With the feeling of emptiness comes apathy, like every single thing is pointless and life is aimless. Especially knowing how emotionally connected I used to be, and now being a mere shadow of that.

How long do you think it will take until I wake up one day and say, 'wow, I don't feel like a corpse today!'. It seems that improvements are so gradual and slow... it's honestly just insane that a few tiny pink pills can cause such devastating troubles for someone.

My brain literally does not work the same. I can literally feel the misfiring of the neurons.

:unsure:

Summer of 2007 started celexa at age 15.

December of 2013 MISDIAGNOSED with GERD and was perscribed ppi's.

Mid May 2014 went C/T(Stupidly) off of my 40MG of celexa due to an interaction to the ppi's. This interaction left my body damaged.

First of July of 2014 went back on my celexa at 5 mgs..

Currently adjusting to 5 mg's of Celexa.

Current meds: Adderall Xr 30 mg/ Celexa 5mg/ Buspar 15mg/ Vistaril 25mg/ Fish oil 1000mg/ B12 100mcg/ Mulit-vitamin.

i too would like to see a 100% recovery story.also saying that people who dont post here anymore because they are recovered is not rigt because they could also give up the fight commited suicide or be homeles and not being able to post here because its almost impossible to keep a job in this state

because they could also give up the fight commited suicide

Ok....so,are you going to give up, or are you going to fight for your recovery...???

Because if you are going to fight, you better change you channel and start looking, thinking for more positive things.

I am a 60 years old,jobless man;and I have been giving the good fight for 2 years now.

How old are you and how long have you been struggling??

ACCEPTANCE, PATIENCE,BALLS, and overall, and despite everything:GOOD ATTITUDE.

Are you able to do something so fundamental for your life as sleep?? I don`t.

Depression (even that induced by drugs) is insidious and sometimes manifests in a person's psyche by causing the sufferer to actively persist in the depressed state. Some will even develop a "loyalty" to their depression. This isn't to say they aren't suffering.

You may be "getting" something by staying depressed and feeding it with negativity. Perhaps reinforcing the depression allows you to maintain your (justified) anger at this wrong having been done to you, or "keeps you too sick to improve," thereby "proving" your hypothesis that no one ever really recovers, or recovers enough to have a life worth living. I did both of these things and occasionally still fall into those traps.

It does, as Alex frankly puts it, take balls to do the work to fight the symptoms, and to persist in that regard even when one doesn't really believe there's any point in so doing. Metaphorical balls, of course, because I accept that you have been chemically castrated. But then I'm a woman, so my balls are pretty euphemistic, too.

My unsolicited observations. Take what you like, and leave the rest.

04/2013 diagnoses: severe insomnia, major depressive disorder, anxiety disorder, agoraphobia. PTSD (my diagnosis)

Original scripts: 30 mg mirtazapine (Remeron) (1x day), 75 mg Bupropion HCL (Wellbutrin) (2x day), and 0.5 lorazepam (1x day or as needed)

05/05/14: Onset of acute Wellbutrin withdrawal symptoms after haphazard "taper" of 6-8 wks.

05/10/14: Joined this site.

05/11/14: Reinstated approx. 25 mg Wellbutrin (1x day)

05/14/14: Switched to 12.5 mg Wellbutrin (2x day)

06/28/14: Changed lorazepam dosing to .25 mg 2x a day - seems to be reducing anxiety flare-ups

07/28/14: Dosing Wellbutrin in a (home made) solution form 12.5 mg (2x day) 08/15/14: Remeron 28 25.2 22.7 20.5 18.5 16.7 15.1 13.6 mg (home made) solution

05/16/15: Have been dosing lorazepam at .5 mg in the morning, .25 mg in the afternoon, and .25 mg at bedtime. Anxiety has increased somewhat, possibly due to tolerance.

• Moderator Emeritus

This is your life, right now. We are trying to help you deal with it. We know it does not help your healing to keep posting the same thing day after day after day after day and we tell you so but it is not getting through to you. Every single person who reads your thread every day is going through the same struggle, oftentimes much worse than you. They (we) have life problems and other serious serious illnesses to boot. Yet all you can concentrate on is your castration which will reverse itself in time. In a long time, however, which you are just making even longer by continuing to dwell on it. Do you know that now that it is apparent that you are sensitive to AD's that there are other things in life you need to watch out for? We're here to tell you about them so your life does not get worse.

I know I need to "change the channel" but it is so incredibly difficult. The feeling of complete emptiness and loss, and that my entire inner world has been rendered void and null. With the feeling of emptiness comes apathy, like every single thing is pointless and life is aimless. Especially knowing how emotionally connected I used to be, and now being a mere shadow of that.

How long do you think it will take until I wake up one day and say, 'wow, I don't feel like a corpse today!'. It seems that improvements are so gradual and slow... it's honestly just insane that a few tiny pink pills can cause such devastating troubles for someone.

My brain literally does not work the same. I can literally feel the misfiring of the neurons.

So you acknowledge you need to change the channel and then you go on to do the exact same thing you've been advised not to do (by people who have been there and some a lot worse than you)

I will not be engaging with you or commenting on your thread any further. We have very little time and resources and can't use it providing feedback to someone who doesn't take it. I recommend you see a face to face counsellor to address your issues and your investment in them.

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Depression (even that induced by drugs) is insidious and sometimes manifests in a person's psyche by causing the sufferer to actively persist in the depressed state. Some will even develop a "loyalty" to their depression. This isn't to say they aren't suffering.

You may be "getting" something by staying depressed and feeding it with negativity. Perhaps reinforcing the depression allows you to maintain your (justified) anger at this wrong having been done to you, or "keeps you too sick to improve," thereby "proving" your hypothesis that no one ever really recovers, or recovers enough to have a life worth living. I did both of these things and occasionally still fall into those traps.

It does, as Alex frankly puts it, take balls to do the work to fight the symptoms, and to persist in that regard even when one doesn't really believe there's any point in so doing. Metaphorical balls, of course, because I accept that you have been chemically castrated. But then I'm a woman, so my balls are pretty euphemistic, too.

My unsolicited observations. Take what you like, and leave the rest.

So tell me what we're your initial symptoms and how did they resolve, over what time frame? That's nice you have accepted that my sexuality is ruined, because I certainly have not. Anther day, wasting away.

I can totally see why people end up killing people due to these pointless evil drugs. Not that I would ever do such a thing, but I can see how this non-existence encourages suicide or other destructive behaviors.

it would be a good deal because existing in this state is many times worse then prison

Its funny because in 5 years you'll more than likely be long recovered by then so...

2010 - citalopram 10mg 
2011 - 20-40mg, 1 month taper, PSSD & Anhedonia - Elavil 10mg during taper.
Clonazepam when needed after a month of daily use. 
2012 - Off Elavil - Zoloft (sertraline) 25mg - 50 mgs for 6 months + Buspar for a while. Pssd & anhedonia improved on zoloft, now has gotten a lot worse since a year off. 

Off all drugs since October 2012.

freedom after jail is 100% sure. recovery after withdrawal as far as i read is not 100% sure it will happen.

freedom after jail is 100% sure. recovery after withdrawal as far as i read is not 100% sure it will happen.

Exactly.

"Each thought that you have,creates your future.Think positive."

Not only the prison is bliss but also the isolation compared to this nightmare. Α prisoner can feel emotions by memories, he is able to relative to other prisoners etc., and even a big disaster is preferable than being emotionally dead! Personally, I believe , without exaggeration, is the worst thing that can happen to a human, losing all feelings and sexuality. People who never experienced it, can't understand how serious and horrible this condition is. Αlso, Knowing that no one ever will pay for this crime is also unbearable. IT ISN'T SOMETHING THAT GOD SENT TO US. Ιf you have a car or medical accident someone undertakes the responsibility (in most cases).Τhese stupid ''scientists" never warned us about the risks. If you go with  toothache they will prescribe you SSRI's . It's all about the money...

Εmotional anesthisia with PSSD is the absolute hell and I can understand you completely Celexahell.  Ι have exactly the same.

We need hold on. We can't let the drugs win, we have to keep telling them NO. There is hope...

4 times on SSRI'S in the past, I have never had such serious problems.

Septemper 2013-November 2013: Paxil (60mg)

After discontinuation (cold turkey):anhedonia, severe emotional anesthisia, severe PSSD.

xanax: daily use for 4.5 years at doses 0.5 mg -1.5mg.       taper september 2014 from 1.5mg.  

current dose: 0.87,5 mg.(8AM, 2PM, 8PM, 00-01AM)

I am feeling unwelcome here sorry if I took over you thread feels to me like all sorts of people are taking it over but that is just mho  I feel I have been here before in this situation.  Interesting.

peace to you :)

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

I cant stand to hear people laughing, Im so jealous because they can experience this emotion and I can not.

I've had EXACTLY the same feeling...and many other people around here.

It has gotten much better.As you start to feel better, and live your life again, that "difference" with other people fades away.

And then it comes back...

Maybe for you....very negative post; the last thing we need in this forum...

Peace to you too.

I am sorry you found my post negative it was not meant that way at all. 

peace to you too

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)