ricardo7

Ricardo: The perfect crime

ricardo7

Νο, Alto...only ECG. it happens in irrelevant moments. What can I do? I ve severe panic attack now.

Altostrata

Yes, an ECG records your heart rate. You might want to take your records from the hospital to a cardiologist.

Unfortunately, odd heart symptoms are possible in withdrawal syndrome. See if you can discuss this with your cardiologist.

isurvived8

Ricardo we have very similar stories.

Your adrenals and cortisol are key in cognition and sexual function.

Start taking your temperature. If its low, it could be metabolic from cortisol and thats from stress and low gaba.

Sorry hope you feel better

ricardo7

Ι have to say that I have an improvement as regards the anhedonia and emotional anesthesia. I can enjoy some things... the first thing I 've noticed was the "love" for my favorite team (for which I was fan). Α short time ago I didn't feel anything. Now I can feel

to an appreciable extent some feelings. Also, my libido in my brain is better ( I think it is related with anedonia), but physically is the same. I  have still this terrible genital anesthesia. The great problem now are the physical symptoms which are getting worse. Last year ago I was  thinking that nothing compares to anhedonia and PSSD but now I can say I prefer anhedonia from this unbeliavable dizziness and weakness. And my biggest fear is of course tachycardia...

isurvived8, you are right , AXIS system plays a major role for our problems. But, as Altostrata said in PSSD topic, the effects of psychiatric drugs are cumulative and it's almost impossible finding a distinct circuit. I see people in other forums who talk about a specific receptor (like 5ht1) as the main cause but finally I think it 's propably wrong approach.

isurvived8, did you have and genital anesthesia or only loss of libido? Are you recovered at thiis moment with hydrocortisone?Did you notice a major unexpected progress after taking hydrocortisone?

isurvived8

I was on xanax 3mg per day and effexor 150mg.

The xanax I think screwed up cortisol, and the effexor just finished the job.

I had very high cortisol after xanax then crashed during effexor withdrawal. Severe anhedonia, insomnia, sexual problems, numbness.

My emotions, energy and libido are normal since t3 and hydrocortisone. Sleep is back to normal, emotions and feelings are almost normal again, numbness goes when libido returns.

Do you get cold/hot flashes, tinnitus, vertigo?

I still get cold sometimes, and my ears are always ringing. Also, its been 2 years since xanax and im still dizzy sinetimes with head pressure.

Sorry your going through this.

oskcajga

Alto's correct, you need to get your ECG printout (or digital recording, I guess) and bring it to a doctor who can interpret it correctly.

Usually they'll diagnose you at the hospital (most doctors are trained in med school to read ECGs). 

What did they determine based on your ECG?

If nothing abnormal on your ECG then it's either anxiety or some sort of hormonal challenge.  If hormonal, a series of blood tests should suffice in exposing anything out of the ordinary.  You'll have to go to an endocrinologist for this.

To Isurvived8:

Taking exogenous hormones, especially steroid hormones, is terribly risky business.   It's analagous to taking a psych med - short term benefits long term adaptations that make things even harder.  There are some exceptions to this role, for example Hashimotos  Disease individuals basically NEED exogenous thyroid hormones to function. 

I've read anecdotal reports of people who take egogenous hormones for SSRI and psych med problems, and they get benefits for a while, and then no longer get these benefits - but are now stuck taking exogenous hormones.

Ever google testosterone withdrawals?  https://www.google.com/search?q=testosterone+withdrawals&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Nasty nasty stuff. 

General rule to people reading this thread:  Be careful with exogenous hormones of any kind - they are another massively overprescribed medication that makes Big Pharma and doctors very wealthy.  Sometimes they are necessary - but it's terribly risky otherwise.  Just because we have a hormonal deficiency does not mean that taking exogenous hormones are the answer.  Sometimes hormone levels can be out of whack for long periods of time and then just suddenly snap back to normality.

isurvived8

In my case, hormone therapy gave me my life back. I dont get them for no reason, my tsh was very high, and t3 was very low, with abnormal rt3 and cortisol levels. My life was very miserable.

I dont take testosterone. I take throid 3 Ive accepted ill be on them for life.

The hydrocortisone is a very small dose.

Yes, hormone therapy comes with risks.

In my case, the benefits outweigh the risks. Life as I knew it was over for a long time.

oskcajga

In my case, hormone therapy gave me my life back.

That sounds eerily similar to what people say when they're taking psychiatric medications.

Glad you feel better though.

iull1k

Ricardo, do you have skin decreased sensivity all over body? I barely feel when my girlfriend kiss me on the neck.

iull1k

It's not about withdrawal. There are guys who got Pssd with all symptomns from one pill and there are guys who was on ssri 5 times and got all this from last time. There are some serious disbalances.

oskcajga

You clearly didn't read that link I posted in full.

iull1k

Sorry , you are right. However, how we can fit this theory for guys who got PSSD from one pill or only after cessation. And why someone get this after 5 times on SSRI? Why someone report reversal with buspirone (5ht1a agonist) or with ghb/mdma. How dopamine can be related to c-fibers? And why some people have numb skin/genitals but don't have emotional anhedonia or brain fog? So much questions.

oskcajga

Sorry , you are right. However, how we can fit this theory for guys who got PSSD from one pill or only after cessation. And why someone get this after 5 times on SSRI?

I think that if you read that link and look around that website you'll be able to arrive at your own conclusions.

You should also read this post by Alto:  https://www.patientslikeme.com/members/34434/about_me

iull1k

I know anything that is on this site and not only this. I just asked your opinion.

oskcajga

My opinion is a cross between Alto's theory and Healy's theory - nerve damage + dysregulation.

It's very individual, from what I've read - some people have no problems with these drugs at all, while others get severely affected by just one or a few doses.

ricardo7

iull1K, I have a ton of symptoms. Yes I have and general decreased sensitivity but no so severe like in genitals.We can't find a cause and this is the most sad...there re a million of questions man. Withdrawl is a general and vague term for our problems. I prefer ''long lasting (permanent??) side effects". I ve noticed that people who have the most serious problems like mine they had many side effects while on drugs. I did have always sexual dysfunction (but no the symptom of genital anesthesia) while on SSRI and it was the main reason I stopped it considering it will pass 2-3 days after  the cessation like the previous 4 times.WRONG! it was getting worse and I developed genital anesthesia and emotional anesthesia. Now, after 2 tragic years, I ve even more serious and overwhelming symptoms. Unforunately, recovery for this damage is almost a miracle for me.

Alto is right: "the effects of psychiatric drugs are cumulative". Don't lose your time researching about dopamine receptors, serotonin and all these Fk@$@G things.The only sure thing for me is "epigenetic changes" in the brain.  You Know the sufferers from  Post Finasteride syndrome have EXACTLY the same sexual symptoms with us but the drug has nothing to do with serotonin receptors. if the damage is in AXIS system for example you have sexual dysfunction. if the damage is on dopamine receptors you 've again sexual dysfunction etc.It's like domino...Those who only speak about desensitization of 5ht1 receptor (in other related forums) and they are absolute about this are idiots.  

ricardo7

It s permanent damage. For sure...

ricardo7

so long...it s tragedy.  I wish nobody in the world live like this...

Cooper

I agree with you that there is definetly a problem with the HPTA axis becoming locked somehow, I read an interesting article about how steroid users apply a type of kick-start regime to encourage the natural levels of hormones after they have finished a cycle of steroids. Not advising that anyone try it, but an interesting read that may have some correlation to unlocking the HPTA

ricardo7

A knowledgable doctor, D Healy, opened the following site: http://withdrawal.rxisk.org/

From the articles, it seems that  he finally believes the withdrawl problems -and especially PSSD- have to do with a kind of peripheral neuropathy. This cause leads me to think that the problem is permanent...What are your thoughts about this? In any case, his articles are always discouraging...

ricardo7

Please help me! I just diagnosed from Hashimoto disease. Is it related with our issues?

ricardo7

There is no recovery. IT S ALL ******* LIES. I AM DESTROYED FOR EVER. **** BIG PHARMA **** PSYCHIATRISTS

potions

Ricardo, how are you doing now? Any improvements in your PSSD/emotional numbness? I sure hope you’re not still suffering so intensely..🖤

-potions