Ricardo: the perfect crime

ricardo7

Νο, Alto...only ECG. it happens in irrelevant moments. What can I do? I ve severe panic attack now.

4 times on SSRI'S in the past, I have never had such serious problems.

Septemper 2013-November 2013: Paxil (60mg)

After discontinuation (cold turkey):anhedonia, severe emotional anesthisia, severe PSSD.

xanax: daily use for 4.5 years at doses 0.5 mg -1.5mg.       taper september 2014 from 1.5mg.  

current dose: 0.87,5 mg.(8AM, 2PM, 8PM, 00-01AM)

• Administrator

Yes, an ECG records your heart rate. You might want to take your records from the hospital to a cardiologist.

Unfortunately, odd heart symptoms are possible in withdrawal syndrome. See if you can discuss this with your cardiologist.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Ricardo we have very similar stories.

Your adrenals and cortisol are key in cognition and sexual function.

Start taking your temperature. If its low, it could be metabolic from cortisol and thats from stress and low gaba.

Sorry hope you feel better

Effexor 150 mg 2012-2015(august)

Xanax 3mg 2010-2014(began wean late 2012)

Currently taking 20mg of hydrocortisone (10 mg 7am, 5mg 12pm 5 mg 4pm)

Ι have to say that I have an improvement as regards the anhedonia and emotional anesthesia. I can enjoy some things... the first thing I 've noticed was the "love" for my favorite team (for which I was fan). Α short time ago I didn't feel anything. Now I can feel

to an appreciable extent some feelings. Also, my libido in my brain is better ( I think it is related with anedonia), but physically is the same. I  have still this terrible genital anesthesia. The great problem now are the physical symptoms which are getting worse. Last year ago I was  thinking that nothing compares to anhedonia and PSSD but now I can say I prefer anhedonia from this unbeliavable dizziness and weakness. And my biggest fear is of course tachycardia...

isurvived8, you are right , AXIS system plays a major role for our problems. But, as Altostrata said in PSSD topic, the effects of psychiatric drugs are cumulative and it's almost impossible finding a distinct circuit. I see people in other forums who talk about a specific receptor (like 5ht1) as the main cause but finally I think it 's propably wrong approach.

isurvived8, did you have and genital anesthesia or only loss of libido? Are you recovered at thiis moment with hydrocortisone?Did you notice a major unexpected progress after taking hydrocortisone?

After discontinuation (cold turkey):anhedonia, severe emotional anesthisia, severe PSSD.

xanax: daily use for 4.5 years at doses 0.5 mg -1.5mg.       taper september 2014 from 1.5mg.  

I was on xanax 3mg per day and effexor 150mg.

The xanax I think screwed up cortisol, and the effexor just finished the job.

I had very high cortisol after xanax then crashed during effexor withdrawal. Severe anhedonia, insomnia, sexual problems, numbness.

My emotions, energy and libido are normal since t3 and hydrocortisone. Sleep is back to normal, emotions and feelings are almost normal again, numbness goes when libido returns.

Do you get cold/hot flashes, tinnitus, vertigo?

I still get cold sometimes, and my ears are always ringing. Also, its been 2 years since xanax and im still dizzy sinetimes with head pressure.

Sorry your going through this.

Alto's correct, you need to get your ECG printout (or digital recording, I guess) and bring it to a doctor who can interpret it correctly.

Usually they'll diagnose you at the hospital (most doctors are trained in med school to read ECGs). 

What did they determine based on your ECG?

If nothing abnormal on your ECG then it's either anxiety or some sort of hormonal challenge.  If hormonal, a series of blood tests should suffice in exposing anything out of the ordinary.  You'll have to go to an endocrinologist for this.

To Isurvived8:

Taking exogenous hormones, especially steroid hormones, is terribly risky business.   It's analagous to taking a psych med - short term benefits long term adaptations that make things even harder.  There are some exceptions to this role, for example Hashimotos  Disease individuals basically NEED exogenous thyroid hormones to function. 

I've read anecdotal reports of people who take egogenous hormones for SSRI and psych med problems, and they get benefits for a while, and then no longer get these benefits - but are now stuck taking exogenous hormones.

Ever google testosterone withdrawals?  https://www.google.com/search?q=testosterone+withdrawals&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Nasty nasty stuff. 

General rule to people reading this thread:  Be careful with exogenous hormones of any kind - they are another massively overprescribed medication that makes Big Pharma and doctors very wealthy.  Sometimes they are necessary - but it's terribly risky otherwise.  Just because we have a hormonal deficiency does not mean that taking exogenous hormones are the answer.  Sometimes hormone levels can be out of whack for long periods of time and then just suddenly snap back to normality.

In my case, hormone therapy gave me my life back. I dont get them for no reason, my tsh was very high, and t3 was very low, with abnormal rt3 and cortisol levels. My life was very miserable.

I dont take testosterone. I take throid 3 Ive accepted ill be on them for life.

The hydrocortisone is a very small dose.

Yes, hormone therapy comes with risks.

In my case, the benefits outweigh the risks. Life as I knew it was over for a long time.

In my case, hormone therapy gave me my life back.

That sounds eerily similar to what people say when they're taking psychiatric medications.

Glad you feel better though.

About me ------------------------ College student with a history of anxiety, excessive worrying and health anxiety.

April 2014 - May 2015----------    Prozac 20mg On and Off.  Second time on it I developed apathy, changes in personality, asexuality.

May 2015  -   July 2015-----------------  Tappering off prozac. Still no feelings,anhedonia, apathy, no libido, asexuality.

Current symptoms--------  pssd (asexuality in my case). Anxiety and depression developed some months afer stopping prozac, could have been caused by obsessing and beating myself up too much when I found myself unable to like girls again. The best thing to do with pssd (which in my case is asexuality) is accept it and move on.

Ricardo, do you have skin decreased sensivity all over body? I barely feel when my girlfriend kiss me on the neck.

Febr 2014 - May 2014 : 10mg Seroxat (Paroxetine)

May 2014 - April 2015 : 20mg Seroxat (Paroxetine)

April 2015 (Tapering monthly 15mg-10mg-7.5mg-5mg-3mg-0mg)

When tapered from 5mg to 3mg got PSSD (Genital anaesthesia,zero libido,erection problems, emotional anhedonia)

It's not about withdrawal. There are guys who got Pssd with all symptomns from one pill and there are guys who was on ssri 5 times and got all this from last time. There are some serious disbalances.

When tapered from 5mg to 3mg got PSSD (Genital anaesthesia,zero libido,erection problems, emotional anhedonia)

Sorry , you are right. However, how we can fit this theory for guys who got PSSD from one pill or only after cessation. And why someone get this after 5 times on SSRI? Why someone report reversal with buspirone (5ht1a agonist) or with ghb/mdma. How dopamine can be related to c-fibers? And why some people have numb skin/genitals but don't have emotional anhedonia or brain fog? So much questions.

I know anything that is on this site and not only this. I just asked your opinion.

My opinion is a cross between Alto's theory and Healy's theory - nerve damage + dysregulation.

It's very individual, from what I've read - some people have no problems with these drugs at all, while others get severely affected by just one or a few doses.

iull1K, I have a ton of symptoms. Yes I have and general decreased sensitivity but no so severe like in genitals.We can't find a cause and this is the most sad...there re a million of questions man. Withdrawl is a general and vague term for our problems. I prefer ''long lasting (permanent??) side effects". I ve noticed that people who have the most serious problems like mine they had many side effects while on drugs. I did have always sexual dysfunction (but no the symptom of genital anesthesia) while on SSRI and it was the main reason I stopped it considering it will pass 2-3 days after  the cessation like the previous 4 times.WRONG! it was getting worse and I developed genital anesthesia and emotional anesthesia. Now, after 2 tragic years, I ve even more serious and overwhelming symptoms. Unforunately, recovery for this damage is almost a miracle for me.

Alto is right: "the effects of psychiatric drugs are cumulative". Don't lose your time researching about dopamine receptors, serotonin and all these Fk@$@G things.The only sure thing for me is "epigenetic changes" in the brain.  You Know the sufferers from  Post Finasteride syndrome have EXACTLY the same sexual symptoms with us but the drug has nothing to do with serotonin receptors. if the damage is in AXIS system for example you have sexual dysfunction. if the damage is on dopamine receptors you 've again sexual dysfunction etc.It's like domino...Those who only speak about desensitization of 5ht1 receptor (in other related forums) and they are absolute about this are idiots.  

• 2 weeks later...

It s permanent damage. For sure...

• 2 weeks later...

so long...it s tragedy.  I wish nobody in the world live like this...

I agree with you that there is definetly a problem with the HPTA axis becoming locked somehow, I read an interesting article about how steroid users apply a type of kick-start regime to encourage the natural levels of hormones after they have finished a cycle of steroids. Not advising that anyone try it, but an interesting read that may have some correlation to unlocking the HPTA

Been on citalopram 40mg for 10 years then 25mg sertraline for just under a year

• 1 month later...

A knowledgable doctor, D Healy, opened the following site: http://withdrawal.rxisk.org/

From the articles, it seems that  he finally believes the withdrawl problems -and especially PSSD- have to do with a kind of peripheral neuropathy. This cause leads me to think that the problem is permanent...What are your thoughts about this? In any case, his articles are always discouraging...

• 2 weeks later...

Please help me! I just diagnosed from Hashimoto disease. Is it related with our issues?

• 8 months later...

There is no recovery. IT S ALL ******* LIES. I AM DESTROYED FOR EVER. **** BIG PHARMA **** PSYCHIATRISTS

• 1 year later...

Ricardo, how are you doing now? Any improvements in your PSSD/emotional numbness? I sure hope you’re not still suffering so intensely..🖤

-potions

Zoloft 50 mg from April 23, 2015 to August 28th, 2016 (1 year, 4 months).

4 week taper. Last dose on August 28, 2016

Mianserin 30 mg in an attempt to reverse PSSD from September 6th, 2017–around mid November 2017 after a few week taper. Did not fix PSSD

Currently taking: Melatonin and magnesium every night.

• 4 years later...

Ricardo, any update man? 

Aug 2020 - Feb 2022 on and off Lexapro 5 and 10mg,  Rapid taper

Nov 2021 - May 2022 on off Wellbutrin 100mg, 150mg, 75mg CT clindamycin cycle and also Plan B bc 1x 

Fall 2020- June 2022 - Xanax .5 PRN usually 4x a week, CT 

June 2022 - Z pack, Buspar 7.5 3 days

September 20-24th - low tryptophan diet and 20-30g beef gelatin powder

Oct 3- 16 - Xanax .5 for sleep each pm, 1 mg Ativan in ER, .25 Xanax —> .125–>0 

Oct 14-17Trazadone 50/75, Lunesta 3mg 

Oct 24-  start Belsomra, 4 days to20mg 

Nov 3-5 10mg Belsomra and 300mg Gabapentin 

Oct 13-Dec 1 Buspar 7.5 2x/day rapid taper over 2 weeks due to ADR 

Recent: Belsomra 20mg since 10/23/2022 to 15mg mid December for 2 nights —> 20mg —> 15 mg since 12/22/2022 —>14 mg compounded 02/11/2023 —> 15 mg 2/13 —> 10mg 2/22 —> 5mg 3/1 —> 0mg 3/8/2023 

Current:  Propanolol 20mg AM, 10mg 4pm, 20mg PM since 11/30/2022

• 1 month later...

Ricardo, how are you doing now?

Januar 2020- one week mirtazapine

June 2020- 3 pills of Fluoxetine

April 2021- July 2021 Zoloft (50mg) - I developed a mild form of pssd
Oktober 2021-February 2022 St. Johns Wort (900mg) - Sexual Dysfunction got gradually worse
April 2022 - 2 weeks Wellbutrin (150mg)

April 2022- July 2022 From time to time Promethazin and Tavor
Now I have full blown pssd (emotional anaesthesia and severe pssd)

• ChessieCat changed the title to Ricardo: the perfect crime