Marriages destroyed by SSRI SNRI - Topix

• Administrator

Hello, EagleDoc. We can't even guess at what's going on with someone who is not participating here herself, or what might happen in the future.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• btdt

• mylifeisback

• hurtspouse

• dozaec

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Helen Fisher these drugs kill you ability to stay in love and to fall in love... kill the sex drive ... ect she gets emails all the time... from folks who are having issues like this  She knows it now

These things and much of what you wrote resonate with me. I wish they didn't but they do. And of course there are the consequences of do those things we never thought (or dreamt) we'd do.    There

Posted Images

@EagleDoc I am so sorry for your continued anguish. The short answer is she stopped the meds too quickly and is likely still in withdrawal. Perhaps reading in the WD thread section will offer insight - you’ll recognize things in her that others share, and perhaps you’ll come across some much needed hope. This can go on for so long. Have you seen ANY windows where she is more herself? Can she identify at all that the drugs have caused any of her personality changes? Praying for your both. 

22 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Hello, EagleDoc. We can't even guess at what's going on with someone who is not participating here herself, or what might happen in the future.

Dear Altostrata. EagleDoc's partner is here. She posts under @ultimatumprisoncell.

• Administrator
11 hours ago, EagleDoc said:

@Altostrata  How can I edit this post?  She feels there are things that can identify her to people she knows.  @EagleDoc

I don't see any identifying information in that post that would be useful to someone who does not know who you are from your pseudonyms.

Please do not ask staff to take time to do things that are unnecessary, as volunteers, we want to spend our time helping people.

I have to ask both @EagleDoc and @ultimatumprisoncell to stop trying to involve SurvivingAntidepressants.org members and staff in your relationship difficulties. A lot of the communication between you in this topic belongs off-line, most appropriately in person.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

4 hours ago, Altostrata said:

I don't see any identifying information in that post that would be useful to someone who does not know who you are from your pseudonyms.

Please do not ask staff to take time to do things that are unnecessary, as volunteers, we want to spend our time helping people.

I have to ask both @EagleDoc and @ultimatumprisoncell to stop trying to involve SurvivingAntidepressants.org members and staff in your relationship difficulties. A lot of the communication between you in this topic belongs off-line, most appropriately in person.

This comment confuses me because given the subject of the thread this seems to be a completely appropriate use of this forum. The drugs have destroyed their relationship and they are trying to figure out what to do about it.This comment confuses me because given the subject of the thread this seems to be a completely appropriate use of this forum. The drugs have destroyed their relationship and they are trying to figure out what to do about it.

• Administrator
17 hours ago, Mermaid17 said:

This comment confuses me because given the subject of the thread this seems to be a completely appropriate use of this forum. The drugs have destroyed their relationship and they are trying to figure out what to do about it.

You are correct that this is the subject of the thread. However, please note that the staff never got involved in this until EagleDoc contacted us. EagleDoc and Ultimatumprisoncell have repeatedly taken up staff time in the past with their relationship issues and at times, overly dramatic posts. And once again, we are dealing with this. So it's not just this one post, but the history of these two members.

We are first and foremost a forum to help people taper off their drugs. And since neither Ultimatumprisoncell nor EagleDoc are currently posting to help Ultimtumprisoncell come off her drugs, it's a waste of staff time to continue to deal with this. Until Ultimateumprisoncell decides she wants to stop taking psych drugs and to stop drinking, there's nothing an online forum can do for them. It's beyond what any online forum can do. 

The staff needs to focus on the primary reason for the forum - helping people taper. These kinds of distractions make it more difficult for us to do this. 

At some point, some people need to seek support on the ground where they have complete privacy. 

Drug free May 22, 2015 after 30 years of neuroleptics, benzos, z-drugs, so-called "anti"-depressants, and amphetamines 

My Success Story:  Shep's Success: "Leaving Plato's Cave"

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good — need we ask anyone to tell us these things? ~ Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• 11 months later...
On 7/25/2018 at 2:41 AM, mammaP said:

Have you posted to Rxisk, or contacted Professor David Healey, Peter Breggin and Anne Blake-Tracey? They all campaign and are expert witnesses in court cases and campaign themselves for change.  

Are we all aware that Anne Blake-Tracey had her PhD revoked? 

GWU_Investigation_Ann_Tracy.pdf

Edited by manymoretodays
no edit

1980s: First diagnosed with depression. Treated with a tricyclic. 1988: Switched to Prozac 20 mg after triclyclic stopped working. 1990s to 2010: On and off Prozac. Increased dose led to side effects. 

2010: Work stress led to increased depression/anxiety. Tried several SSRIs but tolerated none of them. Put on Zyprexa. 

2011: Work burnout and breakdown. Hospitalized for suicidal depression. Switched to Seroquel. Prozac increased to 80 mg.

2017: Started psychotherapy. Helped a lot. Switched to Celexa 40 mg and lithium 300 mg. 

2019: Stopped Seroquel. Lost weight.

2020 June: Added Wellbutrin to try and correct sexual dysfunction. Could not tolerate Wellbutrin.

2020 July: Decreased Celexa to 30 mg in attempt to alleviate sexual dysfunction. Worked somewhat.

2020 August: Decreased Celexa to 20 mg. Sexual function improved but w/d effects started. 

2020 September: Maintaining Celexa at 20 mg. Experiencing w/d effects - fatigue, dysphoria, mood instability

2020 September 13: Increased Celexa to 30 mg due to w/d effects. Still on lithium 300 mg/day.

2020 October 3: Reduced Celexa to 27 mg. Started taper. 10% per month as recommended.

manymoretodays
On 10/2/2020 at 10:48 AM, Bruci said:

GWU_Investigation_Ann_Tracy.pdf 444.44 kB · 11 downloads

Thanks Bruci!  We are now.  I found this also:

https://www.educationdive.com/news/george-wythe-u-to-close-in-settlement-with-utah-officials/407801/

(2015, October 22)  And apparently she is one of 90, out of 286 degrees awarded there, that were deemed fraudulent.

This may well have affected her standing as an "expert witness"

Started with psycho meds circa 1988 I think 27 or 28 total.

AD's, antpsychotics, antiseizure mood stabilizers. Lithium, lamictal ,benzos, and stimulants. Some med. for narcolepsy once(Provigil,) Gabapentin........probably more.  Ask me?......I probably was on it.  Haphazard W/D's by Dr. recommend or uneducated self.

10/2014- off Lexapro--had been on highest dose 10 mg. then 5 mg. for a couple of years, went from 5 mg. to 3 mg. liquid and then CT in hospital(voluntary).  I got out of the hospital on a combination of low dose adderal salts x1/day and trileptal 150mg. x2/day.

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!

3/21/2016---I did some unwise updosing of trileptal/oxcarbazepine with some stressful stuff......doubled the above dose x2 during this last wave but began liquifying again and on approximately 68mg. starting today.  11/12//2016 24 mg. oxcarbazepine  12/9/2016 off oxcarbazepine/trileptal!!!! :) optimistic  2016 December 9- completely off all medications!!!!!

Omega3's,EPA +DHA= 1800 mg/day. Magnesium complex, orally, diluted in a liter of H2O(that I can shake up.....it usually dissolves more completely as the water gets down to room temperature) and/or Epsom salt baths prn.   Vit. C, D3, and E.  B12, melatonin tapered to 1mg., and bioidentical hormones sublingually.  Trace mineral drops.  L-lysine.  L-methylfolate=400 mcg plus daily spinach. Totally ready for a good long window to hit soon and getting better strings of full days and partial days along the way.  Definite improvement overall since I first arrived on the SA survivor ship.  Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays

11 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Thanks Bruci!  We are now.  I found this also:

https://www.educationdive.com/news/george-wythe-u-to-close-in-settlement-with-utah-officials/407801/

(2015, October 22)  And apparently she is one of 90, out of 286 degrees awarded there, that were deemed fraudulent.

This may well have affected her standing as an "expert witness"

Also, be aware of the Celexa withdrawal group on Facebook. Apparently, it was started by her and her followers and they follow her protocol. When I challenged the comment that antidepressants "never" prevent suicide (untrue) but rather cause them (true in a subset of patients), I was kicked off the list and blocked.  

1980s: First diagnosed with depression. Treated with a tricyclic. 1988: Switched to Prozac 20 mg after triclyclic stopped working. 1990s to 2010: On and off Prozac. Increased dose led to side effects. 

2010: Work stress led to increased depression/anxiety. Tried several SSRIs but tolerated none of them. Put on Zyprexa. 

2011: Work burnout and breakdown. Hospitalized for suicidal depression. Switched to Seroquel. Prozac increased to 80 mg.

2017: Started psychotherapy. Helped a lot. Switched to Celexa 40 mg and lithium 300 mg. 

2019: Stopped Seroquel. Lost weight.

2020 June: Added Wellbutrin to try and correct sexual dysfunction. Could not tolerate Wellbutrin.

2020 July: Decreased Celexa to 30 mg in attempt to alleviate sexual dysfunction. Worked somewhat.

2020 August: Decreased Celexa to 20 mg. Sexual function improved but w/d effects started. 

2020 September: Maintaining Celexa at 20 mg. Experiencing w/d effects - fatigue, dysphoria, mood instability

2020 September 13: Increased Celexa to 30 mg due to w/d effects. Still on lithium 300 mg/day.

2020 October 3: Reduced Celexa to 27 mg. Started taper. 10% per month as recommended.

ChessieCat
On 10/3/2020 at 2:48 AM, Bruci said:

talking-turkey-thanksgiving-and-antidepressants

NEW!!!              INTERVIEW with Altostrata, SA's founder               NEW!!! 

ADs:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after)

Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015  Current from 14 Nov 2020:  Pristiq 0.50 mg

My tapering program                                      My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

REMINDER TO SELF:  I don't need the drug now, but my still brain does.