btdt

Let them eat prozac...

btdt

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A campaign worker for President Bush (news - web sites) said on Thursday American workers unhappy with low-quality jobs should find new ones -- or pop a Prozac to make themselves feel better. 

'Why don't they get new jobs if they're unhappy -- or go on Prozac?'
said Susan Sheybani, an assistant to Bush campaign spokesman Terry Holt. 

The comment was apparently directed to a colleague who was transferring a phone call from a reporter asking about job quality, and who overheard the remark. 

When told the Prozac comment had been overheard, Sheybani said: 'Oh, I was just kidding.

Reminds me of beheaded French Queen Marie Antoinette 

famous words: "Let them eat cake" 

"Frivolous and extravagant, Marie Antoinette, queen of France and wife of Louis XVI, became the symbol of the people's hatred for the old regime during the French Revolution. According to legend, 
when informed that the poor people had no bread to eat, she responded, "Let them eat cake.”
 Her extravagance contributed only slightly to France's staggering debt, but her callous comment infuriated the french peoplewho made her a symbol of what was wrong with the Monarchy

Yes I know this is old but I never hear of it till today... I also read a post today  a comment actually that said this

psychiatry is "just a patsy".

the bigger story is the explanation/justification of inequality with innate, enduring psychological traits of individuals. american and british conservatives whole heartedly believe in this tansparently infantile model of society.

"there is no such thing as society..." said thatcher. and she meant it!

It has me thinking no I am not generally one who buys into conspiracy theories. 

However it does explain a lot... and I have noticed there is not much in the news about antidepressants anymore nothing that is not promoting them anyways. 

a link to the trials in the book "Let Them Eat Prozac"  by Healy ya the same one for those new to this.  One of the first books I read and if you missed reading it you missed a LOT! 

As it is part of how we got here. This is the blog of "let them eat prozac"

http://www.healyprozac.com/Trials/default.htm