The teen was not psychotic, but the antipsychotics were http://wp.me/p5nnb-baF

GiaK

By Russell Baugher

I woke up to two EMTs standing at the foot of my bed. My mother stood beside them. They told me kindly and respectfully that if I went willingly there would be no police involvement.

I quietly obliged.

They walked with me out of my bedroom, down the stairs, through the garage, and into the back of the ambulance. They told me to lie down on the stretcher. Next came the straps. The straps were a formality, they said. Standard procedure.  (read more here: http://beyondmeds.com/2014/07/20/the-teen-was-not-psychotic/

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

• Administrator

Brilliant article!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Very moving article.  Is it a common occurrence in the US to do strip searches on people in forced treatment?  I am not sure but I don't believe they do this where I live.

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

I don't think I was ever stripped searched but I'm guessing it's not super uncommon either...everything else that happened to me was utterly and completely dehumanizing...why not toss in a strip search too...

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

Very moving article.  Is it a common occurrence in the US to do strip searches on people in forced treatment?  I am not sure but I don't believe they do this where I live.

Judging by posts on I read on the Shrink Rap blog by people who are in psych hospitals, it seemed to be quite common.   But obviously, that doesn't prove anything.

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

I don't think I was ever stripped searched but I'm guessing it's not super uncommon either...everything else that happened to me was utterly and completely dehumanizing...why not toss in a strip search too...

So true...They probably do do this on the max security wards here, but I haven't heard of them doing it on regular wards with shorter hold durations.  Though they are getting worse over time so who knows, maybe it's strip searches for everyone.  From what I hear where I live some of them now are run very much like prisons, have cameras everywhere, armed guards, nothing to do, etc...which wasn't the case even less than ten years ago. 

Makes you think, if they implemented all this stuff in a business devoted to some other kind of health who would honestly show up?  So you go to your acupuncturist and you are greeted by an armed guard, told to strip while they watch, have all of your belongings ripped away from you, then informed that there are cameras everywhere...even in the bathroom.  Sounds like a business model that is sure to succeed.

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

Judging by posts on I read on the Shrink Rap blog by people who are in psych hospitals, it seemed to be quite common.   But obviously, that doesn't prove anything.

So very creepy. 

I was strip searched multiple times as a teen - in drug rehab! I was also strip searched as an adult in the psych hospital. Take in consideration that it has been more than 25-years since I've been hospitalized. I don't know of current standard procedures. 

Current:

Lorazapam2mg: 4/9/152mg - 1.5mg: already sick/nothing noticed. No changes in sleep noted after illness.  

Lamictal: 7/27/13 - 8/6/13: 400mg - 500mg(dr order) mouth sores, headache, cognitive/balance, heart palp...8/7/13 - 8/23/13: 500mg - 400mg; symptoms↓...10/10/13: 350mg; fever/flu-like <2-weeks...12/30/13: 325mg; fever/flu-like symptoms <1-week...2/10/17: 300mg; no significant changes noted. 

Discontinued:

Omeprazole: 09/2103 40mg...5/1/14: 20mg... 8/21/14 = 0

Wellbutrin: 11/22/13: 300mg – 225mg...12/6/13 delayed reaction- mood swings, weight↓, heart palp/chest pain, alerting...12/14/13: 187mg; physical symptoms↓, neuro emotions ↑, weight stable...12/20/13: 225mg; physical symptoms return, emotions stable <1-week, weight↓...4/21/14: 187mg; weight↑...5/17/14 (neurologist ordered discontinue asap):168mg; headache, mood swings, ↑weight, sleep flux...5/24/14: 150mg; headache, mood swings, ↓cognitive/balance...6/2/14: 112mg; see above, weight stable, <3-weeks... 6/28/14: 100mg; moody...7/25/14: 87.5mg; family troubles... 8/4/14: 75mg; headaches; moody... 8/9/1450mg headaches... 8/12/14: 37.5mg; 8/17/14: 25mg...8/26/14 = 0

Hydroxyzine; 10mg: 5/20/15 *prn 4/5 times then dc'd. Mood changes/rage 

Buspirone: 7.5mg: 5/20/15 *prn 4/5 times then dc'd. No changes.

So very creepy. 

Totally agree.   And even worse, many people on psych hospital are there due to trauma such as being raped.   Nothing like reliving the nightmare.   And even if you didn't experience trauma, being stripped search will cause it.

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

I was strip searched multiple times as a teen - in drug rehab! I was also strip searched as an adult in the psych hospital. Take in consideration that it has been more than 25-years since I've been hospitalized. I don't know of current standard procedures. 

I don't even know what to say, except that I'm so sorry that was done to you.

So very creepy. 

Totally agree.   And even worse, many people on psych hospital are there due to trauma such as being raped.   Nothing like reliving the nightmare.   And even if you didn't experience trauma, being stripped search will cause it.

Definitely. 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy