SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Beetlebabe Help! Trying To Wean Lexapro!

Beetlebabe

Hi,

I'm new to this site, and I am currently taking 20 mil of Lexapro and have been for several years. It's in tablet form. What is the best way to start coming off of this drug?

1987-1988 - severe depression after 4th child, was put on a med that has since discontinued, but worked (don't remember the name)

1993 - Zoloft, no success

1993 - 1999 - Prozac (with Zoloft for sleteping), stopped meds cause got pregnant, no extreme withdrawal, then after baby was born back on Prozac

1999 - quit Prozac, cold turkey, no withdrawal

2002 - Cymbalta, no success

2002 - present - Lexapro, 20 mil, Xanex, as needed for anxiety, Ambien, 12.5 mil, Quit Xanex a couple of months after starting Lexapro

2014 - stopped ambien

March 2015- started weaning off of Lexapro, ( down 15 from 20). 2 months in starting to experience withdrawal symptoms of depression, some anxiety and heart palpitations. General malaise. Going to try to continue w/o increasing

I'm still learning myself but just want you to know I'm in the fight with you...feel free to message me should you want to talk.

Best,

Pokiok

1995-Zoloft 100mg 

1996-Off Zoloft C/T

2000-Zoloft 100mg

2002-Off Zoloft after 50mg decrease then C/T

2006-Zoloft 50mg

2009- Off of everything except occasional Xanax as needed for anxiety

Fall 2009-Pregnant with extreme morning sickness, doc prescribed Zoloft again 50mg

Summer 2010-Zoloft and Klonopin for anxiety

Fall 2011-Quite Zoloft C/T had severe withdrawal, ended up on Lexapro

Fall 2011- Lexapro 20mg and Klonopin .5mg

May 2014-After weaning myself down to 5mg of Lexapro,I quit. I was fine for the first month 

August 4th-started back on 5mg of Lexapro, hoping to do a proper taper this time. Also on .5mg of Klonopin and .25mg of Xanax as needed.

Thank you pokiok! It's encouraging to know there are others experiencing the same thing. :)

1987-1988 - severe depression after 4th child, was put on a med that has since discontinued, but worked (don't remember the name)

1993 - 1999 - Prozac (with Zoloft for sleteping), stopped meds cause got pregnant, no extreme withdrawal, then after baby was born back on Prozac

2002 - present - Lexapro, 20 mil, Xanex, as needed for anxiety, Ambien, 12.5 mil, Quit Xanex a couple of months after starting Lexapro

2014 - stopped ambien

March 2015- started weaning off of Lexapro, ( down 15 from 20). 2 months in starting to experience withdrawal symptoms of depression, some anxiety and heart palpitations. General malaise. Going to try to continue w/o increasing

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA Dawn from another Lexapro victim.

It'seems that this drug has been in vogue for some time now so there are more and more of us here. 

I'm very happy for you that you found this site before starting the taper unlike many of, myself included, who came here in the horror of withdrawal after quitting what I thought was a mere 5 mgs. 

I see that you have already visited our thread on tapering Lexapro which contains great information and you filled in your drug history which is very helpful. 

As I just wrote to Pokiok, we can discontinue ADs a few times without problems but then our brain just gets too sensitised and can't bounce back. We just have to regrow a new brain as our moderator Rhi so beautifully describes. And we can regrow a new brain through a slow taper following the speed at which our brain adjusts to operating without the medication again.

Since benzos like Xanax and ambien which is similar to them create big problems too, it would be good if you could supply us with more details as to how many miligrams of Xanax you were taking and how often (mil is abbreviation for mililiters with which we measure liquids while you are probably talking about miligrams abbreviated mg or mgs).

Are you experiencing any symptoms now? When exactly did you stop Ambien and how? Are you still taking Xanax?

It would be good to wait with tapering Lexapro while all these changes with benzos settle.

During that time you can study the topics which are pinned down in tapering sections to learn more in preparation for your taper. And of course ask questions here and read stories from other people. But you are in a much better starting position as I said because you came here to prepare. I have no doubt you will make it and  you will find a lot of friendly support here in the process.

best,

bubble

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

PLEASE NOTE:  The post below was a duplicate intro by this member.  Only one Intro per member, okay? -Jemima

Hey Y'all,

I'm Beetlebabe and I have been a Lexapro user (20 mil), for over 10 years. After researching this drug and realizing that it has taken my brain hostage, I've decided that it's time to sever the relationship between my brain and this drug. While I know breaking up is hard to do, boy do I know, after reading several of the blogs in here......it is necessary so I can be me again!

If any of you have any good tips to share on what worked best for you, please post!

Thank you! :)

2014 - stopped ambien

Thank you Bubble!

I have contemplated taking the plunge into weaning before, but didn't cause I'm chicken; and now I'm glad I didn't. This website, I'm sure will be a lifesaver and encouragement as I start my journey.

In answer to your questions about Xanax and Ambien, I have not taken them for several months now. I was on 12.5 mil of Ambien and .5 mil of Xanex. I only took the Xanex until the Lexapro kicked in (about a month), then I just quit taking it because my body didn't seem to need it anymore. The anxiety subsided. I was taking it several times a day, as needed, which seemed to be all the time, so I was pretty much a zombie...no anxiety, tho. I was afraid of becoming addicted so I would cut the .5 mil pills into quarters and took it every 2-3 hours, kinda crazy, huh? I would not allow myself to take more then 2 whole pills a day, which is what was prescribed. When I quit taking it, I do not remember any withdrawal symptoms. I still have some, and will only take it if extremely necessary. Usually I can talk myself out of taking it.

As for the ambien, I just decided about 4 months ago that I didn't want to keep taking it because I still woke up at night and sometimes still took a while to go to sleep. The only thing I noticed when I stopped, which I guess you could call a withdrawal symptom, was I didn't sleep at all for the first few nights. So I researched it and read that that is common and the body should readjust on it's own and sleep should resume, which thankfully it did. So now I'm just wanting to get off of Lexapro, which I'm learning is a drug from hell. I'm angry that my doc did not disclose any of this to me, I don't know if at the time it would have made a difference as I was in a very bad place, but it would've been nice to know.

2014 - stopped ambien

Oops, I'm sorry I was not taking mil, I was taking and am taking mg for all my meds

2014 - stopped ambien

• Administrator

Welcome, Beetlebabe.

Well, you're familiar with our Lexapro tapering topic http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/406-tips-for-tapering-off-lexapro-escitalopram/

Where would you like to start? Lexapro comes in a liquid by prescription.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Altostrata

I'm going to see if my doc can give me a prescription for liquid Lexapro. If that doesn't work out, I saw a couple of pharmacies in my area that do compounding. I was taking it every other day for a while, but after reading everything about how important tapering is; I decided that I'm going to start taking it full strength again for a couple of months before I start cutting back, beginning at 10% of my current dose. Do you think a couple of months is long enough to get it fully into my system before tapering?

2014 - stopped ambien

That's a great question, going to follow this to see what is said as I just started back on 5mg of Lexapro and want to wait until I'm stable enough to try the taper...

Good luck!

1995-Zoloft 100mg 

1996-Off Zoloft C/T

2000-Zoloft 100mg

2006-Zoloft 50mg

Fall 2009-Pregnant with extreme morning sickness, doc prescribed Zoloft again 50mg

May 2014-After weaning myself down to 5mg of Lexapro,I quit. I was fine for the first month 

August 4th-started back on 5mg of Lexapro, hoping to do a proper taper this time. Also on .5mg of Klonopin and .25mg of Xanax as needed.

• Moderator Emeritus

I was taking it every other day for a while, but after reading everything about how important tapering is; I decided that I'm going to start taking it full strength again for a couple of months before I start cutting back, beginning at 10% of my current dose. Do you think a couple of months is long enough to get it fully into my system before tapering?

How long have you been taking it every other day?  How are you feeling?

Its important to be stable before beginning a taper, but getting to that point is different in each person.  If you are experiencing symptoms, then its probably best to wait a while longer.   If you have been alternating days and are now going to now change to a liquid, I would probably give it month and then see how you feel.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Ok, thank you, Petu. I did start to feel some symptoms of anxiety as well as some sleep interruptions. I think I'll take it full strength through September and then start tapering. Is there a difference in taking liquid verses pills?

2014 - stopped ambien

Good luck to you as well, Pokiok! :)

2014 - stopped ambien

• Moderator Emeritus

Is there a difference in taking liquid verses pills?

Some people do notice a difference when switching to liquid, I think it may be absorbed faster.  Most people adjust eventually. Rarely, some people can't tolerate the liquid and switch back to pills.  Everyone is different.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

Thanks!! :)

1995-Zoloft 100mg 

1996-Off Zoloft C/T

2000-Zoloft 100mg

2006-Zoloft 50mg

• 9 months later...

Weaning off of Lexapro, having withdrawal symptoms, feeling a little scared, please help.... Beetlebabe

Hi, I've been a member for almost a year but I didn't start weaning off of Lexapro until about 2 months ago. I was currently taking 20 mil, now I'm down to 15. My doc wanted me to start by halfing my original dose, but I expressed concerns about withdrawals from weaning too fast and she said that there wouldn't be many withdrawal side affects with Lexapro. It was then I knew that she didn't have a clue. I have been taking a 10 mil tab and halfing another 10, as precisely as I could, to take the 15 mil. I've been feeling pretty good for the last couple of months, however, recently, I've noticed some anxiety with slight depression that has lasted a couple of days. I was kind of surprised at this as I have been feeling ok.

It kind of scares me a little, I don't want to go backwards. My depression in the past has at times been almost debilitating, I don't won't to go back there, but I really want to come off of this med. I would welcome and love any insight or advice anyone may have. I'm glad I found this site a year ago. I'm sure I will need it!

2014 - stopped ambien

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome back Beetlebabe,

I joined your new thread with your original one, its one intro/update topic per member.

From what you have written it looks like you cut your lexapro dose from 20mg to 15mg about 2 months ago and are now experiencing some withdrawal symptoms. Some people seem to be able to come off these kinds of drugs fairly quickly without too much trouble, but others need to taper very slowly. Because you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms, it would seem that you are the kind that needs to take a cautious approach.

It can often take a few months before symptoms kick in.  You made a 25% cut. We suggest reducing by no more than 10% of the current dose every 4 weeks, this reduces the risk of withdrawal symptoms arising. Please read through this which will explain why:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

The way I see it is that you now have 2 options. You could hold at 15mg and wait out the symptoms, which will resolve eventually, then continue with a safe taper using the method we recommend.

Or you could updose slightly, perhaps go back up to 17 or 18mg and see if that helps. If you try this, it may still take a while for your symptoms to settle back down again, the reinstatement topic has some information about what you might expect:

About reinstating and stabilizing to stop withdrawal symptoms

Please see the Important Topics in Tapering for information about various ways to reduce your dose by small amounts.

Please would you update your signature. Do let us know what you decide.

Petunia.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Thank you Petunia for responding and for joining my thread with the original one, I didn't quite know how to do that. So, it is possible to feel ok for a couple of months and then experience withdrawals? I guess I'll try to see if I can wait it out, I only have pills and they are extended release, so I won't be able to dissolve them. I don't know how to go back up to 17, 18%. How do I update my signature? Thanks for all your help!

2014 - stopped ambien

Petunia,I figured out how to update my signature. It's amazing what a little reading can do. ;). Since the depression is not severe and I've not really experienced any more anxiety, I'm going to try to hang in at the 15 mg. After reading the links you provided, it looks like when I'm stable for a month, I can try to decrease again? At that time I need to try to see if I can get my meds compounded. I'm not quite sure how this works, I've noticed a couple of pharmacies that advertise compounding. Do I take my pills to them or do I need a new prescription? Since I don't have insurance, I'd rather save a financial step and keep from paying a $130.00 office visit just to get a new prescription and just take my pills to a pharmacy that will compound. Pardon my ignorance on this subject. . Any insight on this would greatly be appreciated! Good weaning, everyone!

2014 - stopped ambien

Wow! I've been reading another's member's journey and I have to tell you, being honest here, has anyone ever thought, what the heck?! It almost sounds better to just stay on the meds! Maybe it's just that I'm not ready to read some of these things yet. This is some scary stuff. I've been weaning for 2 months, and from what I understand the brain adjusts to the new dose in 4 days? Then why am I expieriencing some, I think of them as, "relapse" symptoms? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate this site and I know it has made the difference in a lot of folk's lives in whether to go on or not. Is there anyone here that has weaned very slowly that has minimal side affects, or is it inevitable that you are going to have them, and hold on cause they are going to be hell? I don't think my husband will be able to handle it. Which by the way, He doesn't know I'm weaning cause he will probably hit the roof. He has been through a lot with my depression, I don't think he will be able to understand why I'm choosing to do this; because the flip side of the coin for him was at the time I started AD's, I was pretty much nonfunctional with 4 kids to take care of and he was afraid to even leave me alone. To him, they are a life saver, it saved our marriage, and brought me back to the wife he knew and needed. Just venting, but would love some insight.

2014 - stopped ambien

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Beetlebabe, lots of people happily stay on the drugs rather than risk a 'relapse' which is actually withdrawal. The problem is that the drugs make people sick more than they help. I know lots of people who take them and say they can't come off because they will be worse yet they still suffer from depression and can't work or get out very much,have many side effects and take drugs for the side effects, and drugs for the side effects of the drugs for the side effects,  so they aren't really helping at all except to keep withdrawal away! Most people here came after a too fast taper or in withdrawal from cold turkey and their stories can be heartbreaking but withdrawal can be avoided with a slow taper. It can take years, but is worth the time and patience to get off without too much disruption. 

You are right to wait until you have been stable for at least 4 weeks before starting to taper again. It is possible to make a liquid from tablets, or you can get it in liquid form from the doctor.  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2693-how-to-make-a-liquid-from-tablets-or-capsules/

You have withdrawal symptoms because you have cut 25% and your brain is struggling to adjust to the lower dose, it can take a while to stabilise after a cut that is too big but it will settle down eventually.   

Many people find that fish oil and magnesium are helpful   

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

After weaning off of lexapro for approx 2 months, out of the blue I started having heart palpitations and anxiety. I had been experiencing slight depression a day or so before that. I was surprised that that happened and didn't relate it to withdrawal because there had been nothing specific prior to this. I was thinking about it and trying to decide if there was a trigger. The day I started feeling the paplatatioms and anxiety, my sister had sent me a text that my mom was having chest pains. My mom has been having poor health for a couple of years now, so while that concerned me, it wasn't as severe as previous issues. I felt totally calm when my sister told me and even after that. I was shocked when an hour or so later the palpations started and then the anxiety. No warning. I use essential oils, so I tried different ones and they helped ease the feelings. The next morning I awoke with the feeling of gloom, and couldn't shake it. I've been feeling that way upon awaking, this past Monday being the worst. It seems better. So, maybe all of this was brought on by the text about my mom?

2014 - stopped ambien

When the scary feelings hit, I was tempted to go back to my normal dose of lexapro. I was scared that that was the start of a downhill spiral. I can't go there. However, I'm holding steady at my current dose of 15, down from 20 and things seem to be better. I hope these withdrawal symptoms aren't the start of "more to come".

2014 - stopped ambien

I'm wondering when I would know if I'm stabilized on the current dose enough to decrease again. I'm still experiencing depression and a feeling of doom upon awakening, sometimes it gets better throughout the day. Should I wait until those feelings are gone before I decrease again, or is this as good as it's going to get and I should decrease anyway? When you stay on a dose until stable do you mean weeks, months? I guess I tapered too fast. If you read my sig, you will see I went from 20 to 15, which I guess is a 25% cut. What to do? Please help....

2014 - stopped ambien

• Administrator

Beetlebabe, you tapered too fast. This makes your nervous system vulnerable to stress.

You may wish to hold on tapering for a good while longer to let your nervous system settle down. Certainly don't lower your dosage further while there are anxiety-making events in your family.

It's possible going up a small amount in dosage might help you stabilize. I would try perhaps 16mg instead of 15mg if you decide to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you Alto! Will I know when it's time to decrease? Will I be symptom free? I'm willing to wait for as long as it takes. I don't want to decrease to soon. Anyone's input would be much appreciated!

2014 - stopped ambien

• Administrator

All we can do is hope to minimize withdrawal symptoms, there are no guarantees with these drugs.

You will know if you have stabilized. It may take some time, you might have waves and windows of symptoms for a while, see The Windows and Waves Pattern of Recovery

"There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still." Corrie Ten Boom said this. For those who might not know, she spent several years in a concentration camp during the holocaust.

So what am I whining about?

I am no where near suffering what many of you have and are, but I don't like waking up in fear. I don't want to be alone. I want my husband to come home from work and be with me, and he doesn't even know I'm weaning. He would hit the roof! I didn't want to fix myself breakfast this morning. But I did, cause I know I need to eat. I see things that need to be done. But I don't want to do them....I'm actually scared of housework....crazy, right? Still, I'm not as bad as I have been in the past. But will it get worse? I'm a big chicken, I'm a whimp! The days seem to get better as they progress, but will they continue to do so? I'm fearful I'm not going to be able to take care of my mother in law, who has onset Alzheimer's. I had depression so bad before drugs, that I was almost non functioning, I don't want to go there again....I can't. What caused it? Will it happen again? Just me ranting..... I'm gonna try to concentrate on Corrie Ten Boom's quote today.....

2014 - stopped ambien

wonderful post-I'm the same -not wanting to make breakfast but knowing I have to eat something...wishing my husband could be here all the time-sorry about your mother-in-law-that's a lot of stress-can you get help?

wishing you well xo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Thanks for responding DS! I guess I could ask for help from friends, but really don't want to do that cause they don't know about me and the drugs and wouldn't understand. Too much stress. I guess it's good I do have something that I have to make myself do. I don't have to do much, she's still pretty self sufficient. It's weird that I don't like to be by myself, I have two daughters that suffer from depression, and they'd rather hibernate and not see anybody...it affects people differently. It's a hellish......what? Disease? I certainly didn't do this to myself, don't know how I got here...I went to the hospital to have my fourth child and came home a totally different person. And that's when the "fun" began!

2014 - stopped ambien

I've been on the lower dose, 15 from 20 mg for about 2/1/2 months. A couple of weeks ago I started noticing withdrawal symptoms. Is it too late for me to go back up to my full dosage, stabilize, then start the slower taper? i know I've been advised to go up to 16 mg. I am totally confused by the tapering info. I've read it, but I still don't understand what to do. Advice needed please....

2014 - stopped ambien

• Administrator

What is confusing about a slight increase to 16mg?

Please re-read our Lexapro tapering topic http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/406-tips-for-tapering-off-lexapro-escitalopram/ You can make a liquid with water if you don't want to get the prescription liquid. This will help you take 16mg or taper.

Welcome, Beetlebabe.

Well, you're familiar with our Lexapro tapering topic http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/406-tips-for-tapering-off-lexapro-escitalopram/

Where would you like to start? Lexapro comes in a liquid by prescription.

• 2 weeks later...

I was doing good for about a week, not waking up anxious, then my hubby and I took an anniversary trip and since I've been back, I've been waking up feeling dread, anxious and depressed. This has been going on for about 2 weeks, some days worse than others. Is this normal? How ridiculous that I would feel this way after coming back from a trip! It's like I don't want to face reality, this is life. Why would that depress me?

2014 - stopped ambien

I got off Lexapro for good about four months ago. You can do this. I've been on and off it for ten years. Just listen to these people and go by how you feel, not so much by the calendar.

As requested. In the last 3 years to the best of my recollection I first dropped the max dose of Lamictal. Yes I just stopped it was doing absolutely nothing. Then I dropped Lexapro, that was even easier I had been on and off that a dozen times before. There were at least 2 odd off label attempts at anxiety that I won’t be able to remember. Then there was sweet/evil Seroquel. That was the last to go it’s been around 16 months.

Lithium, Prozac, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Celexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Luvox, Viibryd, Brintellix, Pristiq, Zoloft, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Geodon, Abilify, Latuda, Ritalin, Adderall, Valium, Clonazepam, Alprazolam, Propanalol, Spravato

• Administrator

Beetlebabe, you might take slightly more, say 16mg, and see if that helps. Very small increases can have a big effect.