SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ joy2730: withdrawing from citalopram, quetiapine

joy2730

My drop of 2 days ago has started to take effect.  I was totally exhausted yesterday and now today.  Have started to feel.cold and a bit dizzy with a headache and felt sick this morning but it is not too bad really.    

Clearly I am sensitive to citalopram but I also feel more alert.

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

6 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

My drop of 2 days ago has started to take effect.  I was totally exhausted yesterday and now today.  Have started to feel.cold and a bit dizzy with a headache and felt sick this morning but it is not too bad really.    

Joy

I'm sorry you are having side effects. Maybe take a Phenergran and crawl under a nice warm blanket.

But im glad you feel more alert.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

I am.under a duvet right now.  My phenergan make me drowsy so I am going to take a half tonight - but yes that will.be good.  I can't take one just now as I am.looking after my grand daughter.

These antidepressants really do affect me so strongly. 

Hope are you today Frogie?

Joy

16 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

I am.under a duvet right now.  My phenergan make me drowsy so I am going to take a half tonight - but yes that will.be good.  I can't take one just now as I am.looking after my grand daughter.

These antidepressants really do affect me so strongly. 

Hope are you today Frogie?

Joy

They make me drowsy too. Just take 1/2 and go to bed when you are done with your wonderful granddaughter.

I'm doing ok today thanks

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

1 hour ago, joy2730 said:

Joy

Hang in there Joy, and keep fighting! It will pass as I'm sure you already know. It's amazing that such a seemingly small drop can cause so many symptoms!

Praying the symptoms let up soon!

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

Off All SSRI Medications: Effexor 2010 one month
Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)
Current Symptoms: tinnitus, hearing loss in one ear, allergies

My Plan: Prayer, Scripture, Walk, Yoga, Encourage Others, Healthy Eating
Generic SSRI Withdrawal Symptom and Plan Checklists and Graph.xlsx

Current Supplements: Magnesium Threonate, Fish Oil, probiotic, B-12, C, D-3

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove
Current Essential Oil Blends: Brain Power, Clarity, Stress Away

2 hours ago, Dalalea said:

Hang in there Joy, and keep fighting! It will pass as I'm sure you already know. It's amazing that such a seemingly small drop can cause so many symptoms!

Praying the symptoms let up soon!

Dalalea

Yes Dalalea I was not this sensitive before but I have made many attempts to reduce before and messed up my taper every time.  I was relatively OK going from 30 to 20 it is after 20 I get symptoms.  I would love to get to 15 as my weight and mind are better at 15 but even that seems a long way away.

I will post tomorrow.  Yes my body noticed every little drop - I can't imagine a runny nose but I suppose the other symptoms could be psychological.  Also having a clearer mind is not psychological.   Later on after many weeks after a drop things usually suddenly get worse for me and apparently that is not common.  My doctor says each taper I try will be exactly the same.  The only reason I keep trying was because I got myself off diazepam with no support and no Internet and I tried a thousand times to give that up and eventually managed it and never looked back.

Joy

Good news today and yesterday - no withdrawal symptoms - I am not sleeping but that is not withdrawal - I am just full of thoughts about family matters.  Did my pilates spinning swimming and sauna last night but didn't push too hard.

Joy 

5 hours ago, joy2730 said:

Good news today and yesterday - no withdrawal symptoms - I am not sleeping but that is not withdrawal - I am just full of thoughts about family matters.  Did my pilates spinning swimming and sauna last night but didn't push too hard.

Joy 

Good news Joy.

And all that exercise. Awesome.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi

Good news I have no withdrawal symptoms right now and slept well last night.  I still feel I have paradoxical weight gain but I also know my eating is disorganised so I may not actually have paradoxical weight gain at all.

I have been having trouble with my family relationships the farm and my son taking over and had thought my husband and I might get divorced as we can't agree on certain matters.  However yesterday my husband and I  went to a funeral together and we had a lovely time together and I realised I love him a lot still  - but when we returned home to the farm the trouble just hit back in.

Joy

9 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

Hi

Good news I have no withdrawal symptoms right now and slept well last night.  I still feel I have paradoxical weight gain but I also know my eating is disorganised so I may not actually have paradoxical weight gain at all.

I have been having trouble with my family relationships the farm and my son taking over and had thought my husband and I might get divorced as we can't agree on certain matters.  However yesterday my husband and I  went to a funeral together and we had a lovely time together and I realised I love him a lot still  - but when we returned home to the farm the trouble just hit back in.

Joy

Joy,

I had to look up "paradoxical weight gain" as I didn't know what it was, but understand that it is associated with Citalopram dose reduction/increases. Very strange!

Escitalopram was terrible for weight gain, however, since reaching zero, we will see if the weight drops off??

Really sorry things are bad with your husband and son, and how ironic that a funeral seemed to bring you and your husband closer together??

Good news that your are symptom free at the moment!

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Yes I usually experience weight gain when reducing doses but there are obviously lots of other factors involved.

I had paradoxical weight gain when withdrawing from epilim - at one stage I gained 1 lb every week even though I was dieting.  Epilim is an anticonvulsant known as sodium valporate in the wider world.  I suppose it must have stopped eventually so I think that might be the way my metabolism responds.  When I got down to 15 mg I started to loose weight.

Apparently funerals are well.known for bringing people closer together - in the old days before good birth control apparently a lot of babies were conceived after a funeral!

I really hope you contine to do well at zero.  On this site people do report difficulties several months out but I must not encourage you to be anxious.  We must not engage in catastrophic thinking patterns - which I can be guilty of at times.

Keep posting JC  as people tend to stop after a whole. 

Joy

43 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

Hi

Joy

I'm glad you are feeling well.

It was nice to hear you and your husband got along. Too bad it went back to where you were.

I'm wishing the best for you!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Yes it is amazing - we basically still love each other - it is just that my son the farm money and land have come between us.

How are you doing Frogie?

Joy

8 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

Yes it is amazing - we basically still love each other - it is just that my son the farm money and land have come between us.

How are you doing Frogie?

Joy

That's too bad.

I'm a wreck this morning. The vet took Brownie off the veggies yesterday and put her on a high protein diet. She just threw that up.

She only throws up in the morning otherwise she's fine. I don't know what to do.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie 

Do you and Brownie share the same nausea problem right now?:excl:  Does Brownie catch up with her food later in the day - if she does try not to worry, if not just see the vet.  Dogs seem to be able to make themselves sick easily.  Our farm dog has gone scrawny at the moment, they are saying it is the stress of all the work she had at lambing time, her 'mummy' is my son's girlfriend, a veterinary nurse so Fly gets free veterinary care. I think she has worms has Brownie got worms, that can make dogs sick?

Brownie has had a settled period of late though, that is good.  I know you were very worried a while back.  This will increase your anxiety Frogie, oh dear.  Just love her to bits.

Joy

11 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

Hi Frogie 

Do you and Brownie share the same nausea problem right now?:excl:  Does Brownie catch up with her food later in the day - if she does try not to worry, if not just see the vet.  Dogs seem to be able to make themselves sick easily.  Our farm dog has gone scrawny at the moment, they are saying it is the stress of all the work she had at lambing time, her 'mummy' is my son's girlfriend, a veterinary nurse so Fly gets free veterinary care. I think she has worms has Brownie got worms, that can make dogs sick?

Brownie has had a settled period of late though, that is good.  I know you were very worried a while back.  This will increase your anxiety Frogie, oh dear.  Just love her to bits.

Joy

She only throws up after I feed her in the morning. We thought maybe it was her veggies, but she won't even eat a hamburger and that's her favorite. No she doesn't have worms. She has been eating fine at lunch and dinner. But I don't know about today yet. It's only 10:10am here. I guess I'll see if she eats while I'm gone.

I opened the front door and she ran barking.

I love her to bits. More than anyone could know.

I don't want to leave her for this appt. But I've waited 3 weeks for it.

Thanks for caring.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Quick update:

I am feeling well today, 6 days after my last drop, so it should be establishing itself now in my brain and body as a lower dose.  My mood is good and I have no physical symptoms, just a painful bunion that has suddenly flared up but I guess I can't put that down to withdrawal!  If only I could sail away like this to 15mg I would be very happy, but I do know that symptoms tend to be delayed.

It is beautiful sunny weather in Britain today, after a long period of wet and snowy weather and a late Spring.  The sun has caused the tadpoles to hatch, they always seem to need a sunny day to trigger their exit.

I hope everyone else is in a reasonable place.

Joy

No withdrawal symptoms today so that is good.  I just need to go slow - sleeping well despite social stressors.  I have heard from my daughter who is in the Lake District.  She is the main person in my life.

Joy

Still feeling well, a tiny amount of very occasional 'sideways dizziness' when walking, but I had that very bad when withdrawing from diazepam, so bad, once at work, someone thought I was going to fall over sideways and collapse, and once in a public library withdrawing from dothiepin I felt I was going up and down in a lift quite quickly.  So this is mild compared with previous experiences.

Another warm day in GB but with a pleasant breeze and not as much sun, but good and warm, and I am privileged enough to be able to enjoy it.

I am thinking that next Saturday I will go down to 19.2 mg, or does anything think that is too fast.  I am keeping my signature really simple so anyone can consider it quickly and accurately.

Joy

• Mentor

Joy,

You next proposed drop is 2.1%, so that's not a lot.  It's will also be two weeks from your last taper. Again not bad. You say you are feeling alright, except for the occasional 'sideways dizziness' when walking. I'm ultra conservative when it comes to tapering but being conservative is based on my own experience, not yours.  I personally would wait until the dizziness goes away and has been gone for a while. However, only you know what you are used to and how your body reacts.  It may be perfectly fine for you.  So for me it would be a wait, for you, well only you can decide that.  Just my opinion.  I'm thrilled that you are able to taper and over all are feeling pretty good. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

RS

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

• Mentor
On 4/16/2018 at 7:51 AM, joy2730 said:

Joy

Joy, I just saw this on your page.  Perhaps you might want to consider holding a little longer?  Again, just one person's opinion.  Whatever you do, I'm wishing you great success.  We all need it, don't we?

RS

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

Thank you RachelSusan I am sure you are right.  It is one of the mistakes I have often made in the past, leaping ahead just because I don't have any symptoms and then getting slaughtered by a deluge of symptoms.

I am at the point of listening to others, whereas previously I have always thought I knew best.

Joy

You are doing well Joy which is great news.

I agree with RS but I am over cautious!

Hope things continue to go well for you.

Love from Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

I am sure you are right Flowers.  I have charged ahead previously and then fallen - like the mythical icarus who flew too neat the sun and his wings melted.  I get carried away when I have a string of no.symptom days.

Areyou feeling very stressed Flowers.  I am beginning to think that health is our only real wealth.

Joy

1 hour ago, joy2730 said:

I am sure you are right Flowers.  I have charged ahead previously and then fallen - like the mythical icarus who flew too neat the sun and his wings melted.  I get carried away when I have a string of no.symptom days.

Areyou feeling very stressed Flowers.  I am beginning to think that health is our only real wealth.

Joy

I know we are our own worst enemy sometimes!   You will be OK, you recognised the potential outcome and acted upon it. 

I am a bit worried about having an anaesthetic. I am not sure how it will affect my CNS in WD after the op - if I need one!  I hate the idea of having anything like that going into my body but needs must!

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

If you have to have an anaesthetic you are meant to drink loads of water afterwards.

Yes I am definitely my own worst enemy - always trying too hard and failing.

Take real good care Flowers and thanks for the advice - it has really helped me

Joy

Thanks for the advice Joy and your good wishes.

Much appreciated.

Love from Flowers xxx

Feeling well today - dry wretching but it is all very much OK - at least my stomach is acknowledgin the change in dosage.

Just as well I didn't make a further drop as I very nearly dI'd as today I have a thumping headache and earache which I know are withdrawal symptoms so these need to go away also nausea especially in the mornings

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:26 AM, joy2730 said:

Joy 

Amazing Joy that you're doing all those physical activities - well done!

I hope to do all of those one day..............

Can empathise with the mind being full of thoughts about family matters (went through that for YEARS).  I hope you see the light about all this soon, the only thing that has helped me has been therapy.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Today I have a headache tinnitus ear ache and nausea so I am so glad I didn't make a cut this weekend.  But none of it is unbearable but it does mean I will be holding for longer.  I also feel tired and drained but that may not be withdrawl.   The rest definitely is though.

Joy

• Moderator Emeritus
19 hours ago, joy2730 said:

Today I have a headache tinnitus ear ache and nausea so I am so glad I didn't make a cut this weekend.  But none of it is unbearable but it does mean I will be holding for longer.  I also feel tired and drained but that may not be withdrawl.   The rest definitely is though.

Joy

Hi Joy, 

I totally agree with you. It’s a really, really good idea to do lots of long holds.

Sometimes even if you’re in a window it’s a good idea to hold even longer just to be able to have a bit of normality.

Im sooo glad your symptoms at the moment aren’t unbearable.

Sending u big hugs xxx

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Today the headache and earache has gone and the tinnitus is less.  Quite nauseous first thing but that has worn off.  So things are better today and I slept well despite other worries.  So it is holding a bit longer for me to allow any new symptoms to come through

Today I have made a small reduction as it seems to be going well at present.  I had a slight feeling of hotness last night and again this morning and some sweating but it is not bad at all, so hopefully things will continue to go well.  If I ever get to 19mg I am going to make a very long hold, as rushing ahead is my main problem. 

It is a beautiful day in Yorkshire today and the Tour de Yorkshire is underway.  This is a cycle race based on the Tour de France, it is a perfect day for standing watching it as it whizzes past your area.

Hope Flowers, Frogie and JC are well,

Joy

Good luck Joy! Glad you are getting some sun and maybe catch a glimpse of the Tour de Yorkshire.

Love from Flowers xxx

Hi Flowers

I got to see the race and took my 92 year old client with 2 types of dementia, double incontinence for 6 years, osteoporosis, under active thyroid and many other conditions and she loved being at the front of the crowd.  My client has taught me that life can be experienced as wonderful even if you have a lot going against you.  She doesn't talk much anymore, but loved the action and the crowds.  She has a true 'joire de vie' - it reminds me that I have a lot that is OK in my life.

How are you now Flowers, still waiting for surgery I guess?  That is a bit like being in no mans land.  I responded on someone else's post I think that I have not been able to move yet due to nothing being sorted re land and finances, and that all my family, my husband and I have had terrible rows and we have all had to go to various solicitors.  My husband hasn't seen my daughter or Esme for 8 weeks now and says he never wants to see them again.  All because he is favouring our son.  My daughter is heartbroken. My husband has pulled out of our August Minorca holiday with my daughter, son-in-law and Esme and myself so I have had to pay under occupancy.  I think this could signal the end of my 31 year marriage, but I am determined to get this sorted once and for all so that we can all get on with what is left of our lives.

If and when it gets sorted I am going to totally rethink my life.  The trouble has been coming for years.  When I leave the solicitor's, I feel really cut off from myself and reality, which is just stress really, and then I soon bounce back.  My daughter is the same, she has episodes of being grief stricken but then pulls round.

As a Yorkshire Dales' farmer he believes women and daughters are entitled to nothing and that my son is entitled to everything on the basis he is male.

Joy