andy: Hello tapering from Zyprexa

andy

Thanks Altostrata I will

I tried a sleep mask last night and got an extra hours sleep so I will be using it every night from now on,woke with a  bit of anxiety but it soon went once I got up and got going for the day

have a nice day everyone

2012 put on Citalopram and diazepam for 3 months for "depression" after filling in a 3 minute form at the doctors, had a massive reaction with panic attacks and extreme anxiety,never suffered panic attacks or anxiety before citalopram.Told to quit cold turkey which led to two hospital admissions during 2012/2013

December for 6 months Seroquel dosage adjusted up and down 50mg ,150mg ,100mg, caused severe tinnitus ,told to quit cold turkey

2013 January for 12 months Lorazapam given to me like sweets,told to quit cold turkey

2013 May Zoloft for 6 months ,told to quit cold turkey, reinstated 50mg tapered 2nd time over a month (to fast but I survived)messed up my sleep

Zyprexa April 2103 5mg until august 2014 ,dropped by doctor down to 2.5mg for one month went well but sleep was very poor for 3 weeks

End of 2015 I had to reinstate back up to 5mg due to constant insomnia that wouldnt go away Started a slow taper and found an understanding doctor who listened to me while I reduced
May 2016 drug free, sleeping and doing well in life again, it can be done http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12078-finally-off-zyprexa/

Slept well again last night the sleep mask is helping and i woke with only a tiny bit of anxiety,hopefully today at work will be anxiety free.I cant believe nearly three weeks has gone since i started this taper ,I now know why it is advised to hold for at least one month.Its not a long time in the grand scheme of things.

Have a good day everyone and keep plugging away

2012 put on Citalopram and diazepam for 3 months for "depression" after filling in a 3 minute form at the doctors, had a massive reaction with panic attacks and extreme anxiety,never suffered panic attacks or anxiety before citalopram.Told to quit cold turkey which led to two hospital admissions during 2012/2013

December for 6 months Seroquel dosage adjusted up and down 50mg ,150mg ,100mg, caused severe tinnitus ,told to quit cold turkey

2013 January for 12 months Lorazapam given to me like sweets,told to quit cold turkey

2013 May Zoloft for 6 months ,told to quit cold turkey, reinstated 50mg tapered 2nd time over a month (to fast but I survived)messed up my sleep

Zyprexa April 2103 5mg until august 2014 ,dropped by doctor down to 2.5mg for one month went well but sleep was very poor for 3 weeks

End of 2015 I had to reinstate back up to 5mg due to constant insomnia that wouldnt go away Started a slow taper and found an understanding doctor who listened to me while I reduced
May 2016 drug free, sleeping and doing well in life again, it can be done http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12078-finally-off-zyprexa/

• Administrator

Good to hear you're getting the hang of it, andy.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Slept till 7 this morning ,zero anxiety zero cortisol :)

Feel a bit fuzzy today though and can feel a bit of anxiety creeping in

All in I'm doing really well ,I just need to hold the taper and be patient it's easy to get carried away and want to rush things

Great news! Andy.

I hope to start my taper on this drug next month. The doc started me on the lowest dose 2.5mg. I've only been on it since Aug 5. You're post encourages me. I know you will make it. Hang in there!

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Great news! Andy.

I hope to start my taper on this drug next month. The doc started me on the lowest dose 2.5mg. I've only been on it since Aug 5. You're post encourages me. I know you will make it. Hang in there!

You will be fine,the difference from 2.5 to 5 mg is massive ,5 mg made me tired all day and knocked me flat out at night ,my mood was also very low all the time

Keep fighting chicken

Hi, Andy,

Just popping in to say hiya, and I'm glad that you seem to be (mostly) heading in the right direction in terms of symptoms. I realize that is all relative, and none of us ever really has it easy.

I love my sleep mask, too. Only started using it a few months ago, because of what I'd read here at SA - and then I remembered that my grandmother used one all the time. Meme knew best, I guess. :)

I, too, have to really fight the urge to push ahead on these tapers. I used to think that I had the patience of a saint - I guess with this taper process the universe has enrolled me in an upper-level course for having been so pleased with myself. :P

Say hello to Brum for me. I miss it. (But don't tell me any footy scores - we record the matches. :D )

04/2013 diagnoses: severe insomnia, major depressive disorder, anxiety disorder, agoraphobia. PTSD (my diagnosis)

Original scripts: 30 mg mirtazapine (Remeron) (1x day), 75 mg Bupropion HCL (Wellbutrin) (2x day), and 0.5 lorazepam (1x day or as needed)

05/05/14: Onset of acute Wellbutrin withdrawal symptoms after haphazard "taper" of 6-8 wks.

05/10/14: Joined this site.

05/11/14: Reinstated approx. 25 mg Wellbutrin (1x day)

05/14/14: Switched to 12.5 mg Wellbutrin (2x day)

06/28/14: Changed lorazepam dosing to .25 mg 2x a day - seems to be reducing anxiety flare-ups

07/28/14: Dosing Wellbutrin in a (home made) solution form 12.5 mg (2x day) 08/15/14: Remeron 28 25.2 22.7 20.5 18.5 16.7 15.1 13.6 mg (home made) solution

05/16/15: Have been dosing lorazepam at .5 mg in the morning, .25 mg in the afternoon, and .25 mg at bedtime. Anxiety has increased somewhat, possibly due to tolerance.

Hi, Andy,

Just popping in to say hiya, and I'm glad that you seem to be (mostly) heading in the right direction in terms of symptoms. I realize that is all relative, and none of us ever really has it easy.

I love my sleep mask, too. Only started using it a few months ago, because of what I'd read here at SA - and then I remembered that my grandmother used one all the time. Meme knew best, I guess. :)

I, too, have to really fight the urge to push ahead on these tapers. I used to think that I had the patience of a saint - I guess with this taper process the universe has enrolled me in an upper-level course for having been so pleased with myself. :P

Say hello to Brum for me. I miss it. (But don't tell me any footy scores - we record the matches. :D )

Hi mirp

20c and sunny here today,hope your feeling well

had a horrid day yesterday my anxiety was very high and i felt fuzzy ,my wife then broke the news to me that she has basically given up on me and feels nothing for me anymore.Ive taken it very badly and feel like taking a pill to make it all go away,I need her more than anything but she says the last two years have killed our marriage.I cant help being ill :(

Andy, I have just read through your thread and your latest post. My heart goes out to you. I wish I knew what to say. It breaks my heart when I read that people's partners and spouses turn on them because of this. I am desperately sorry and I hope it all resolves.

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

Andy, I have just read through your thread and your latest post. My heart goes out to you. I wish I knew what to say. It breaks my heart when I read that people's partners and spouses turn on them because of this. I am desperately sorry and I hope it all resolves.

I just have to keep swiming thats all you can do isnt it, thanks for your support

• Moderator Emeritus

Andy, I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this along with the withdrawal.  I also wish there was something helpful I could say.  But all I can do is say I know what you are going through because I've been let down by people at times when I've most needed them.  In hindsight, I can say its made me a stronger person, but at the time.... well, its such a painful experience.

At times like these, it reminds of those wedding vows, those ones about for better or worse, in sickness and in health.  It makes me wonder how many people actually mean them when they say them.  Does your wife know much about withdrawal and understand how difficult it is?  Perhaps the family and carers section of Recovery Road would help her understand.  Maybe she is confused and frustrated, not knowing how to help.

Of course you can't help getting sick and I don't think you should take the blame for something which isn't your fault.  This is just my opinion, and maybe I should keep it to myself, but I don't think marriages are 'killed' by situations or events, or the feelings aroused by them, but by the way people choose to act.  I hope you and your wife manage to work this out.

Please keep taking good care of yourself, you will get through this.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Thanks Petu she actually came to a few counselling meets with me when I was under the local mental health team,I still love her very deeply and will try and find a way to make this work

My wife is old school and very much in the camp of pull yourself together and stop over thinking things,if only it was that easy.I did remind her of our wedding vows which went down like a lead balloon ! I can however see her side of the story and can understand her frustration but these things dont heal quickly and ive told her that.Compared to 18 months ago when i was pacing up and down in a mental health ward I am a different person much more relaxed and getting it together.

I really dont know how but my mood is still positive and the withdrawal is going well ,my sleep has  been very good the last few nights which is a major plus for me.Anxiety is low and I am coping with my job which is very stressful and demanding. I have to continue to believe I can do this and recover 100% for me and my family

• Administrator

These are all good signs, andy.

Perhaps when your wife sees your new knowledge about how to take care of yourself and help yourself heal, she will feel differently.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for stopping by my thread and reassuring me, Andy. I'm sorry you're having a difficult day today. Even though I know you'll get through it and we know it will pass, bad days are still that: bad. Hopefully it's just a few bad hours and not an entire day, and when I check-in next I'll read that you're feeling better.

1988-2012: Prozac @ 60mg (with a few stops and starts)

Fall 2012: Returned to 40mg after discontinuing and horrid withdrawal 

Fall 2013: 40mg Fluoxetine, added 150mg Wellbutrin to treat fatigue 

Winter 2014: Attempting to taper both (too fast)

April 2014: 9mg Fluoxetine + 37.5 Wellbutrin 

Summer 2014: 8 mg Fluoxetine + 0 Wellbutrin (way too fast a drop)

Late summer/Early Fall 2014: Debilitating Withdrawal symptoms 

Fall 2014 - Wellbutrin successfully kicked to the curb but…

Oct- Dec 2014: Panicked reinstatement of Fluoxetine ->30mg - held for 5yrs

Jan 2021: taper to 20mg Fluoxetine  then tapering by 1mg every 2-3 months

Fall 2022 - held at 10mg->December 2022: 9mg->Feb 2023: 8mg ->March 2023: brassmonkey slide begins: 7.8mg -> 7.6 -> 7.4->2 week hold (April)->7.2->7mg->6.8->2 week hold->6.6-> 1-month hold ->(June)-6.5->4-week hold-> (July)-6.4 (discontinued brassmonkey slide and slowed taper)-> (Aug)-6.2->(Sept)-6.0->(Oct)-5.9->(Nov)-5.8->(Dec)-5.7->wave!->(Jan)-5.8->(Feb)-6mg and holding.

My 2014 withdrawal experience: https://rxisk.org/antidepressant-withdrawal-a-prozac-story/

Just checking in :)

Now down to 1.25mg will hold for a month

Sleep is very good,cortisol mornings are fading away almost gone,bit of anxiety and depression but no other withdrawal symptoms to report.My wife is now talking to me which gives me some hope for my marriage

I hope this thread helps others coming off zyprexa and anti psychotics

• Administrator

Thank you, andy. I hope when this is behind you, you will pay it forward and put a topic in Success Stories for yourself.

• Moderator Emeritus

Sounds good Andy, I'm glad things are improving for you.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

thanks Petu and Alto

A week at 1.25mg and no further withdrawal to speak of,sleep is still good which is one of the main markers for me.I still suffer from anxiety and some depression but its less and less.Once I am off the drug 100% I am going to seek out another CBT group and have another bash at tackling my anxiety

Please please please if you are tapering off an antipyschotic go slow hang in there and have faith,try cbt or mindfulness to get you through the really low point they both helped me enourmously

It can be done and you will feel better for it.

Hi Andy, I wonder if taking vitamin B6 at bedtime is causing some problem? I was told to be sure to take it before noon. Sorry if I'm being picky, but anyone tapering Zyprexa needs all the sleep help they can get, at least in my experience.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Hi Andy, I wonder if taking vitamin B6 at bedtime is causing some problem? I was told to be sure to take it before noon. Sorry if I'm being picky, but anyone tapering Zyprexa needs all the sleep help they can get, at least in my experience.

thats ok its good to hear any info that can help.zma is used by body builders at night for recovery after training,the b6 is included to help your body absorb the magnesium and zinc better 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZMA_(supplement)

I have to admit that I don't know much about any of that, except the B6 dose is much less than what I was prescribed, so hopefully it is not so stimulating.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

going through a very nasty wave of anxiety and negative thoughts today,no idea where its come from is it withdrawal or not im not sure ?

The weekend and last few days have been good so its rocked me a bit,not sure why but it helps to get it off my chest by posting on here 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Andy

and nice to hear from you. The worst (or one of the worst, since there are so many of them) bit about waves is their randomness and unpredictability. But we can try to adopt an atittude that increase in symptoms actually indicates that a lot of resetting and healing of our brain is happening in these moments.

It's a comforting perspective, don't you think?

How have things with your wife been? (I did some reading of your previous posts so noticed that...)

take care,

bubble

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

Hi Andy

and nice to hear from you. The worst (or one of the worst, since there are so many of them) bit about waves is their randomness and unpredictability. But we can try to adopt an atittude that increase in symptoms actually indicates that a lot of resetting and healing of our brain is happening in these moments.

It's a comforting perspective, don't you think?

How have things with your wife been? (I did some reading of your previous posts so noticed that...)

take care,

bubble

hi bubble ,i am trying hard not to try to hard with her and give her some space if this makes any sense,the result is we are getting on better

ok im with you i will reset and heal for the rest of today :)

your support is always well received and much appreciated

• Moderator Emeritus

That's a good attitude: I think the less resistance we put and more accepting we are, the sooner it will stop bugging us. 

I actually got that idea from The Power of Now and found it very useful. It's similar to swimming (preventing drowning): you come to surface if you just let go and stop resisting and struggling.

I guess that could also apply to the situation with your wife: less is more.

Oh, I'm so wise today, sorry ;) Very happy things are improving on that front.

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

looks like im in a pretty crappy wave here ,i woke several times in the night and stayed awake from 4am this morning riddled with anxiety

Bit of a pain this withdrawal malarky isnt it ! ,todays going to be one of those long days at work :(

So sorry andy. I hope this wave crashes to shore soon and you get a nice window.

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

Thanks WT ,I slept till 5.30 last night and feel good today ,these up and downs are a rollercoaster I think im loosing my marbles :)

I will continue to hold and try and stay calm

hope everyone is doing ok today

the last few days have been very up and down,sleep has been bad some nights good the next.Ive got some sort of stomach bug that isnt helping,last night i woke at 3.30 and couldnt get back to sleep.I have no trouble at all getting off to sleep just wake at stupid times in the night like my eyes are on stalks.

My anxiety is actually ok at the moment which really surprises me,the other thing I cant  get my head around is besides the horrible neuro emotions and insomnia I still feel better on a lower dose of drug.I guess I still feel like I am moving forward

Nobody said this would be easy and it isnt its bloody hard ,I find coping with my day job a terrible strain but I have to keep paying the bills.The lack of sleep creates anxiety and then i slip into depression

Hope everyone else are doing ok,sending healing vibes

• Administrator

Good to hear, andy, sounds like you're stabilizing.

Hi, Andy,

You were so kind and generous to reply to my post yesterday - given all you are dealing with. My heart goes out to you.

I think you show a wonderfully positive yet pragmatic attitude toward your recovery, and I think this will continue to serve you well. The wavey times are never easy (understatement!), no matter how much we wish we could simply will them away. Before this happened to  me (was done to, more like), I had a very strong will and was nearly always able to pull myself up by my bootstraps, as they say. (I suppose this could be some kind of karmic lesson for me. If so, I get it, I get it!)

I imagine this is what so perplexes and frustrates some of the people closest to us - they have trouble reconciling who we seem to have "become" with who we "were." Why can't we just "snap out of it?" If they find it frustrating, they should try living in our heads, eh?! I'm speaking generally, not specifically about your wife - though I do hope and pray that the two of you will be able to come through this together.

I believe there is wisdom in allowing your wife some time and space. In my experience, I have found that a measure of healthy, loving detachment can actually improve the quality of relationships.

I also want to acknowledge how far you have already come! Progress is so difficult to gauge sometimes, when the pace feels glacial, and in the midst of wavey times. From a mental ward 18 months ago to today holding down a stressful job and coping with all of life's challenges (large and small) during withdrawal is HUGE. [Where's the "applause" emoticon?]

I wonder, could the stomach bug be anything to do with withdrawl, or supplements? I think I'm beginning to notice a pattern of GI symptoms about five days after a dosage cut - anyway, just a thought.

Enough waffle from me.

Take care. Say hello to Brum for me.

04/2013 diagnoses: severe insomnia, major depressive disorder, anxiety disorder, agoraphobia. PTSD (my diagnosis)

Original scripts: 30 mg mirtazapine (Remeron) (1x day), 75 mg Bupropion HCL (Wellbutrin) (2x day), and 0.5 lorazepam (1x day or as needed)

05/05/14: Onset of acute Wellbutrin withdrawal symptoms after haphazard "taper" of 6-8 wks.

06/28/14: Changed lorazepam dosing to .25 mg 2x a day - seems to be reducing anxiety flare-ups

07/28/14: Dosing Wellbutrin in a (home made) solution form 12.5 mg (2x day) 08/15/14: Remeron 28 25.2 22.7 20.5 18.5 16.7 15.1 13.6 mg (home made) solution

05/16/15: Have been dosing lorazepam at .5 mg in the morning, .25 mg in the afternoon, and .25 mg at bedtime. Anxiety has increased somewhat, possibly due to tolerance.

HI Mirp

Its still sunny in Brum !

My stomach problems have turned out to be a kidney stone and bladder infection so im on antibiotics and need to go back to the hospital for a scan to see if ive passed it or not,I have been in a lot of pain since the weekend but holding up,Ive had one before and feel i passed it Saturday night,I hope so anyhow.Its distracted me from WD so not all bad :)

Last night for a bit of fun and also for my own inquisition I tried a sleep AP on my phone , I slept till 5.00 am but what was good is that is showed I got 4 good cycles of very deep sleep.This cut has been the worst regarding insomnia ive had bad sleep constantly since the drop but its nice to see its improved and im getting some decent rem.

Take care

Hey, Andy -

Sorry to learn about the kidney stone (ouch!) - and amazing, isn't it, when physcial pain provides an (almost) welcome distraction from the mental/emotional pain of WD - ugh! Hope you will be on the mend soon.

I haven't had many issues with insomnia (except for my initial "breakdown") - the Remerson I take is still very sedating. But quality of sleep (and potential insomnia from tapering) is a concern. I've used guided meditations for falling asleep but not an actual sleep app to gauge quality. Please share which app you are using, if you care to.

I read in Bubble's thread that you are in sales :o !!! That's a special gift. I couldn't imagine holding down a sales job back when I was 100% firing on all cylinders - I double-commend you for doing so while coping with WD.

Grey, cool, and rainy here. :( But we'll send it your way courtesy the jet stream. :P

Take good care of yourself - feel better soon!

here you go http://www.sleepcycle.com/ the alarm function is really good

keep your weather to yourself  :D

Been thinking about my sleep today and something I forgot to mention.When I was on 5mg olanzapine I started snoring in my sleep heavily.It drove my wife mad and gave me a sore throat,I'm surprised because now I'm nearly off the snoring has completely disappeared.

Weird or what !