SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Wildflower0214 Effexor WD and PTSD

Wildflower0214

The leg situation was so bad, coupled with cortisol mornings, that I went to the emergency room seeking relief. However, they treated me like a lunatic, though I was only (calmly) complaining of the leg pain and unbearable agitation, and almost had me committed to the psych ward. I escaped by swearing that I was not suicidal. I had said I wished I weren;t alive, and had to point out the distinction between that and wishing to kill oneself. I asked for a few Xanax and the counselor said, snottily, "Xanax? Why don't you just drink a glass of wine?" I said "You know, that's a good idea." And left. And drank a bottle of wine at 10 am.

Can I be a child for a sec? I HATE medical people. And I was raised by a doctor and a former nurse, whom I love.

WC

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wildflower0214

• luv2knit

• Pugknows

• btdt

Top Posters In This Topic

The leg situation was so bad, coupled with cortisol mornings, that I went to the emergency room seeking relief. However, they treated me like a lunatic, though I was only (calmly) complaining of the leg pain and unbearable agitation, and almost had me committed to the psych ward. I escaped by swearing that I was not suicidal. I had said I wished I weren;t alive, and had to point out the distinction between that and wishing to kill oneself. I asked for a few Xanax and the counselor said, snottily, "Xanax? Why don't you just drink a glass of wine?" I said "You know, that's a good idea." And left. And drank a bottle of wine at 10 am.

Can I be a child for a sec? I HATE medical people. And I was raised by a doctor and a former nurse, whom I love.

WC

Good grief! When did that happen?

I'm so sorry. Yes, I don't care for them either. My brother died due medical negligence. So I'm not a fan. They are callus and believe they know everything.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

WC

Good grief! When did that happen?

I'm so sorry. Yes, I don't care for them either. My brother died due medical negligence. So I'm not a fan. They are callus and believe they know everything.

Oh, and btw, went and got compression stockings which really helped the legs, but now I'm feeling speedy!!! Fantastic!

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Well, maybe it's the magnesium.

Body in hyper-arousal

Everytime I feel like I might drop off to sleep. I get an uncomfortable jolt.

Feels like one part of my brain is awake. The other exhausted.

Body will not calm down.

I did get some compression stockings which have alleviated my twitching I'm my legs. Thank you God! But now can't sleep. Literally, one part of brain feels jacked up, the other tired.

Question:

I know we all have waves. But, I have to say, my symptoms change so frequently, sometimes by outside sources (turkey food disaster) I go through several different ones everyday. Like this morning, anxious, laid in bed this afternoon, got up and sat outside, actually went to grocery store ( which this morning I would have never done) came home, started feeling a bit revved up and dizzy, took first warm tub bath, maybe I should not have done that, but now unable to fall asleep. Again.

I know no two waves are the same, well for me, no two hours are the same! Is this something others experience?

3:00 am here. No sleep.

Trying to figure out what is causing it.

Possible Reasons

1) just part of WD

2) The Ativan

3) The melatonin

4) The magnesium

Trying to back the ativan up in the day so I can decipher exactly what it is doing. Because as of right now, i take it with melatonin. So, I need to isolate the two from one another. If it's the magnesium, some of this "speedy" feeling should dissipate, since I'm discontinuing it.

I tend to think it may be the magnesium, because although I have had sleepless nights previously, I was really tired. And, tonight I'm not, and the only thing that changed was taking a hot bath for the first time during this, and taking magnesium last night.

I just don't want to taper melatonin if I don't have to, and I surely don't want to mess with the Ativan.

I don't think it wise to do anything until I can isolate the problem.

Forgive my incessant running off at the mouth. Not much to do in the middle if the night.

Another night. No sleep.

I feel like I'm on fire-cold at the same time

I am scared to death.

I don't know how to endure this

I know what you mean about on fire/cold. That's how my scalp feels 24/7, but especially mornings.

Though I hestitate to advocate a drug, have you explored good old Benadryl?

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

I get reactions to everything! Hypersensitive. Things are backfiring lately.

Have you tried reading yourself to sleep? I've been able to read again as of a few months ago, and when I find myself sleepless in bed, I read until I can't keep my eyes open. I know not everyone can concentrate like that these days. Other tricks I use are counting my blessings, small or few as they often seem. I learned that from Martha Stewart.

But the horrible thing is not knowing when and if this will end, right? I've been trying to liken it to a broken leg. Something that I'm sure will get better, even though it sucks badly now.

It's only recently that I have come to belief that I will probably be better eventually. The rate it's going, it feels like 2-3 years.

If only my head didn't feel pressured and cold/hot. That's a really, really difficult thing.

I feel terrible for you...I really know what you're feeling. We just have to believe our bodies can heal themselves.

And try, try, try to have fun. A little...even though nothing's fun anymore. I'm doing things I used to enjoy, and not enjoying them, but doing something is better than the alternative...

Well, I am now shaking like I have Parkinsons. My head is bobbing and muscle deep twitches all over. Im extremely sleep deprived. Im going to have to step in and do something. I cannot handle any medications, Im extremely sleep deprived. Losing my grip during parts of the day. Having very scary thoughts of sleep deprived despair

I have a neurofeedback appt tmm.

Pray for me.

• Moderator Emeritus

I can totally relate to the lack of sleep. I've had problems with insomnia that have crippled me

at times. I know too well that feeling when night after night there isn't even a moments sleep. 

Times like this are very hard to cope with and can be frightening.  

I stopped trying to sleep and now just go to bed and try to relax so that my body is resting. I try and 

think positive thoughts and became quite good at banishing negative thought when I am in bed. 

When negative thoughts came I consciously told my brain 'not in here, not in bed' . Even imagined

myself chasing them away with a broom.....seriously! The good thing is that it does pass and I can

then get 3 hours some nights. 4 is a luxury but I get by. Then I will get a few days where I need to sleep

several times a day for about 2 hours at a time. It is as if my body is trying to catch up. I don't worry

about it any more, the last few days have been quite bad and that sick to my stomach feeling is constant.

Feeling drunk and not in a good way is terrible. But I know it will ease up again. 

Withdrawal insomnia is unlike any other insomnia, and I've been an insomniac all my life!  

Sleep will come, and probably sooner if you can stop worrying so much about it, I know that is easier said

than done but worrying is not going to help, try and make your bed somewhere to relax and not worry about

things, including sleep. It will get better. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

I can totally relate to the lack of sleep. I've had problems with insomnia that have crippled me

at times. I know too well that feeling when night after night there isn't even a moments sleep. 

Times like this are very hard to cope with and can be frightening.  

I stopped trying to sleep and now just go to bed and try to relax so that my body is resting. I try and 

think positive thoughts and became quite good at banishing negative thought when I am in bed. 

When negative thoughts came I consciously told my brain 'not in here, not in bed' . Even imagined

myself chasing them away with a broom.....seriously! The good thing is that it does pass and I can

then get 3 hours some nights. 4 is a luxury but I get by. Then I will get a few days where I need to sleep

several times a day for about 2 hours at a time. It is as if my body is trying to catch up. I don't worry

about it any more, the last few days have been quite bad and that sick to my stomach feeling is constant.

Feeling drunk and not in a good way is terrible. But I know it will ease up again. 

Withdrawal insomnia is unlike any other insomnia, and I've been an insomniac all my life!  

Sleep will come, and probably sooner if you can stop worrying so much about it, I know that is easier said

than done but worrying is not going to help, try and make your bed somewhere to relax and not worry about

things, including sleep. It will get better. 

Thank you. I have just gotten pretty off, and the intrusive thoughts of all kinds of things is so hard to fight. The problem is, when I go three nights without any sleep at all, I get suicidal. I mean I dont want to, but I want to not be here. So, I have been barely getting two hours of sleep in the last two weeks, and thenhad about 6 nights completely no sleep. I feel like psychosis is around the corner, because I am clearly not thinking straight, and I need to protect myself. Everything I could take is causing me major problems, making it worse. So I have to try something.

Ok, now I cannot totally void my bladder.

Something has happened. A miracle really. I hadn't slept much for weeks, shaking, couldn't even urinate all the way, and I have been asking for friends to pray. They have been. Almost suddenly last night the shaking ceased and I could sleep a bit. God moved to help me. It is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Jesus!!! Thank you.

Thank heaven! I hope you can build on that little bit of sleep. After we come to believe we cannot sleep, it becomes a self-defeating cycle, as we all know. But with some success under your belt, it becomes easier and easier. WOW.

Neurofeedback and back to no sleep.

I'm about to just check into a hospital. I don't feel safe.

Sorry to hear you are suffering. I'm not sure what to advise but if you do go to hospital it would mean more meds.

I am thinking of you.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Sorry to hear you are suffering. I'm not sure what to advise but if you do go to hospital it would mean more meds.

I am thinking of you.

I don't know what to do. Has anyone ever been through this and it finally let up?

• Moderator Emeritus

It sounds like the neurofeedback may have been too stimulating, I'm not sure what that is.

When do you take ativan?  You could be having a paradoxical reaction to it, or getting interdose withdrawal.  Short acting benzos like ativan need to be taken throughout the day at regular intervals.  It peaks out in your bloodstream in less than three hours and then begins to fall. We find that with short acting benzos people can then get withdrawal symptoms as blood levels fall (anxiety, tremulousness, panic). This is called "interdose withdrawal", or rebound anxiety.  So this may be part of your problem.

You may want to consider talking to your doctor about trying a longer-acting benzo like diazepam or clonazepam and taking it regularly to keep blood levels even.  This would also need to be slowly tapered from when you are recovered from the effexor withdrawal.  Or perhaps updosing the Ativan and spreading it through the day/night.

The only other thing which may possibly help could be reinstatement of a small amount of effexor, but I personally wouldn't try it because you said you had an adverse reaction and it sounds like your nervous system is already in a sensitized state.

Lots of people have got through this acute stage of withdrawal.  I went through a period of getting no sleep, or very little.  It was very frightening and stressful, but by focusing on staying calm, resting and doing whatever I could to distract from the racing thoughts, I got through it and eventually some sleep started to happen. 

For me what helped was warm milk with a little honey.  Keeping my bedroom dimly lit with warm lighting at night, I found it comforting to have a small amount of light if I knew I was probably going to be awake. Keeping myself as physically comfortable as possible. I would listen to audiobooks or calming talks or documentaries on youtube through the night.  I tried to find things that were slightly boring, but with a pleasant human voice.  Sleep hypnosis was also very helpful.  There is a lot of it free on youtube.  My favorite channel is Jody Whiteley.  When I was going through this stage I hadn't found this site and didn't really know what was happening to me, so I had to figure it out by myself.

When the nervous system gets destabilized from withdrawal or too many drug changes and cold turkeys, it goes into a state of consistent flight/flight mode, and this makes it difficult to relax enough to be able to fall asleep and stay asleep.  But if you can keep yourself calm, eventually the nervous system starts to settle down again and you are able to sleep, at first a little, and then for longer.

It sounds like you got some sleep a day or two ago.  I'm wondering if perhaps you did something different which enabled you to feel calmer that night.

Of course if you are feeling unsafe and that you may do something to harm yourself, you need to find help and if that means you have to go to the hospital, then that's what you need to do.  That most likely will mean more medication though. 

Please start a topic for yourself in the benzo section if you want more help with changing ativan.

I wish there was an easy solution JDM, but you will get through this. As MammaP wrote, don't worry about not sleeping, focus on rest by creating a calm, pleasant atmosphere for yourself.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

If this started after taking mag try stopping it ... 

When I got to the crazy part of sleep deprivations I took 1/3 of benadryl I can't say how it will react on your... I don't know.  

The other thing I tried and found helpful was child gravol. it can't be used every day... or I didn't just once in a while... or that is how I used it

peace

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

Hi, thinking of you and wishing you were not suffering.

About hospital: Perhaps they will offer medications. Perhaps not.

But it ought to be safer than being at large with feelings of self-harm. We are not healthy people at present, and a complete rejection of all professional care might be too extreme for our current conditions.

You asked if people get through this. Yes, it seems so. I am markedly better than I was a year ago. It's very hard to endure the symptoms, though, and to live with my memories of all the things I did during the worst times. Mornings are the very worst.

Please keep putting one foot in front of the other. I wish I could send love rays via the internet...

WC

West coast,

Well, I have slept last night for five hours!!! Also, the burning on my skin has stopped as well as the skin crawly feeling, also my bladder seems to be functioning better. The only thing that has carried me is God. Seriously. No other way. Absolutely.

Thank you for your compassion. I hope u are well. Thank you for checking on me.

????

Looking at your signature, I realize how early you are in the process--still taking Effexor this summer.

I'm glad you have your faith throughout this ordeal. My prayers go out to you, and everyone else going through this. Operative words: going through. We will recover.

I'm really glad to hear that you SLEPT!

Now, are you ready to start physical exercise??? This is my current goal: daily outdoor exercise, either walking, cycling, or swimming. Enough to get tired early in the day might improve sleep, though late-day exercise can cause insomnia, so be careful. So far I am just talking about it, but I am not letting up on myself til I start doing it.

You know, I've been afraid to exercise really because I thought it may be overstimulting. So will have to think on it.

And, yes, I am very early on in WD. Unfortunately, my drug roller coaster ride down the rabbit hole started in February, so I'm 8 months into feeling crappy. However, healing began July 5th when I finally got off Effexor.

Grace has certainly carried me, and the faith of those who love me who believe for me when I couldn't. I've had to lean on their faith. The absolute love of God and knowing even if for brief moments that He has a plan for me and will bring me through. I pray for you as well, for all of us.

Your checking on me is kind and much appreciated. When I get in my own pain, it's hard for me to encourage others on here, my thread becomes just crying out. And I appreciate ur kindness.

How are u?

Good to hear. I have been thinking about you today.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Thank you. I appreciate it. I've read your thread and I think of you often. Thank you so much for checking on me. Means the world.

Where the gravel hit the road there is God :) thank God. :) 

This had been the bottom line for me often.  Even getting off the drugs all came down to that.. either my dead mother or God talking to me or a hallucination either way I am off. 

Glad you doing better peace :)

Had a car accident in 85
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

Where the gravel hit the road there is God :) thank God. :)

This had been the bottom line for me often. Even getting off the drugs all came down to that.. either my dead mother or God talking to me or a hallucination either way I am off.

Glad you doing better peace :)

Thank you for ur encouragement. I hope u are well. Yes, God has stepped in. He has all along the way, I just wasn't paying attention.

I am fighting a bug but ok hoping I don't need a doctor as more drugs just complicate my life even if they fix this they will cause something else I don't need glad to be of service  :) peace

Had a car accident in 85

Question. With me nothing is consistent.

During one day I can wake up feeling "high" as a kite, next hour I'm irritable, next hour im weepy, next hour I feel ok, next hour I'm mad and can't cry even if I wanted to, next hour I feel drunk etc.. This is the way my days go.

Anyone else like this?

I am fighting a bug but ok hoping I don't need a doctor as more drugs just complicate my life even if they fix this they will cause something else I don't need glad to be of service :) peace

Hope it goes away in its own. Will say a prayer ????

Also,

I am having times when my limbs get very heavy and I feel like half my head literally goes numb and stops functioning.

• Moderator Emeritus

Your brain and nervous system are healing, and that is why things change so much. 

Things will settle down eventually but meantime things will keep changing.  They will get less severe as time goes by 

and one day you will realise that things have changed for the better.  :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Your brain and nervous system are healing, and that is why things change so much.

Things will settle down eventually but meantime things will keep changing. They will get less severe as time goes by

and one day you will realise that things have changed for the better. :)

Thank you MammaP. Thanks for the input. Makes me feel better. I keep looking for a cause, but you know I don't think there is. I used to think it was food, but something could affect me one day one way and a week later, it doesn't affect me at all. So, almost better to not even bother trying to find a cause. Because, for the most part there isn't one. I thought once, that my brain must be healthy to be so actively trying to change so frequently. Maybe... ???? hope u are well, I need to catch up on your thread. I tend to hide out when I am having a hard time.

Be well.

Ended up with burny itchy rash from changing soap. This has never happened before

I have taken to using scent free soaps nature clean ...shampoo cleaning products ect 

even with them I get reactions I have not found one I don't react to in some way not yet. It does help with the scent sensitivity to not be bombarded daily with smells that make me sick.

Had a car accident in 85