SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Write Panorama about overprescription of psychiatric drugs

Muddles

Panorama did a documentary years ago on paxil.

It's a British TV current affairs programme.

I know that a lot of members on here are not from the UK but am asking if you could please consider emailing your stories on antidpressant dangers.

It is a big programme here and believe it would save many and possibly look into the ever increasing over-subscribed medication prescriptions. Also - the big withdrawel deliberating condition.

Please - the more emails they get, the more they would take note.

Dr Healy would surely get involved.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• Moderator Emeritus

I remember that documentary Muddles, it was the day I realised what had been

happening to me when I was actively suicidal and sectioned, I had been taking seroxat!

It was a lightbulb moment and I was utterly shocked but vindicated that it was the 

medication that made me so sick. Doctors had said I was delusional when I said they

made me sick and I was ok until I saw them! 

Link to the archived programme. It isn't available to watch unfortunately. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2003/05_may/11/panorama_seroxat.shtml

They cover many controversial things and Muddles is right, emails might  prompt them to investigate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5srnn91SY0N9QKFK6dk7Hk0/contact-us

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Please people! David Healy would definitely get involved. He's told me to let him know if I here anything back.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• 1 month later...

I am in defo

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!