Ssriwarrior

Can we talk about anger towards big pharma?

degen12

Big Pharma has been extremely deceptive and engaged in a massive campaign of fraud, there is no question about that in my mind. There should be consequences.

Having said that, medical doctors (and especially psychiatrists) are for the most part intelligent, highly educated, and _very_ well paid professionals who should know better than to prescribe like they have been. I have challenged people (my family) who defend psychiatrists, saying that the lot has been misled and they are not responsible. Information that would contradict what they have been told by Big Pharma has been available for some time. They are paid enough to know better. I will not give them a break.

Even articles in mainstream psychiatric journals agree that atypical antipsychotics are no better than perphenazine. Latuda, of course, is there new favourite pet, and it's the worst yet.

I spent a little time as a psychiatric inpatient recently and I was shocked at the treatment people received there. Even despite my own experience with psychiatry, I thought we had entered some kind of new age where the worst abuses were no longer possible. How I was wrong.

Mort81

May they all die and rot in hell! kidding no actually not kidding!

Junglechicken

My hubby reminded me that the daughter of a friend works as head of marketing for one of the pharma Giants.

Mort81

Geese she doesnt know the monster she works for .Or maybe she does. I have friends of people who work in the industry aswell. I think its probably just the people at the top who truly know the dangers. most of the workers probably have no clue and probably even take the stuff. 

Junglechicken

I don't know Mort if she realises or not.

She is on a huge wage packet and gets to work around the world etc., I am not sure where ethics sits on her radar.

Mort81

Probably doesnt know , 90% of society doesnt know.

sarabb

Hi. I have for a long time thinked about starting an organisation, a demonstration or something like that. Somebody who is with me?

btdt

What Doctors don't know about the drugs they prescribe .....

with more and more people stepping out and challenging the system like this doctor I would hope it would become more difficult not to know something.  It saddens me to hear the hosp are doing same old same old still...... 

he has a book too but I have not read it... I posted this before but here it is again for those who have not seen it... 

There are small bits of light shining through just not enough I guess. 

Junglechicken

Sarabb - count me in!

Hopefull

Everyday I regret my decision to try ad's.

Majority of doctors are ignorant fools, that have fooled me into believing that pills fix your problems.

zandro

I'm more angry towards doctors who don't explain what these pills do while you take and once you get off of them.

fema4psychiatrists

I wanted to look up the original dr who so proudly prescribed me ssri's and give her a piece of my mind.

Probably not a lot of use.

If I was generous I would say she was misguided and trying to help.

Cheers

Damien

They are lying saying they are experts. They should inform people that the manufacturers leaflet says not tested on children and adolescents in the long term and mention the trials only lasted 4-8 weeks.

not to mention its not the drug regulators that carry the trials out and report.

lied by saying they are experts in this evil matter. not to mention the other co-ercive lies to steal lives and keep a job. believing in it's good for humanity or not!

Sierraloha

Can we talk about why all of us here are not going into lawsuits against the pharm companies?  It's too bad we've been on different meds, otherwise we'd be able to go into a class action suit.

Actually, for those who HAVE been on the same meds… why don't we?

I agree. I've thought about this a lot. But I believe it would take a big group of us to do so. I've been prescribed a truck load of meds over the past 12 years, but i'm currently working on tapering off of lexapro, lamictal, clonazepam, and xanax. 

anonymous4317

Indigo , the ignorance is criminal neglect. How can they prescribe, and give dangerous advice such as infrequent dosage, when they have zero knowledge of the catastrophic effects??

If a Naturopath prescribed a product that caused patients to experience such catastrophic symptoms, they would be exposed in the Media, some current affair program, as a Chartatan, an irresponsible 'low life '. In Australia we see this all the time, how Natural therapists are 'Lynched by Media', courtesy of Gov and Pharma.

Society, throughout history, had this very misplaced 'respect' for physicians.

The problem is,...as individuals, in isolated protest, we are powerless to affect change.

ANGER as an outlet of 'pain' and frustration, can be therapeutic, but if it internalised, will just further poison our system.

Unless members in their individual countries, are prepared to 'come together' to compile their individual experiences and either expose it in the Media, or a class action, we may as well go forward with our healing with a calm acceptance of our situation, using our stories to help others, and contacting those Brilliant Researchers, and forward thinking Medicos out there who are fighting a the battle on our behalf.

I'm damned if I am going to let these Pharma/Physician Charlatans cause more damage to my brain by flooding my body with Anger causing cortisol, and other toxic neurochemicals. The Pen is a mighty sword.

This is what I feel too.

My grandpa, who is about to turn 90, just got prescribed an antidepressant. He's in physical pain after an unnecessary, optional surgery and currently recovering. The fact that a doctor would prescribe him an antidepressant now for his post-surgery mood infuriates me. Just gotta accept that this is happening all the time and hope to see some sort of progress in the future.

papaloapan

There’s not a word to describe the super huge anger that I have to all the people of the pharmaceutical companies. I can’t believe the enormous hell I’ve been through. I’ve lost 5 entire years of my life because of their drugs and probably other 3 years for coming off them. Also knowing that while I and many of us are living the deepest hell, people from big pharma are earning trillions of dollars (in a book I read that the pharmaceutical industry is a trillion-dollar industry). So unfair. That’s why I don’t believe in God.

I think I need a therapeutical way of expressing and getting all this anger out of me, I think it is not healthy to live with such anger inside my body. If anybody knows a therapeutical way, it would be good to know it, thank you

RandyJames

Here's my take on how the pharmaceutical companies will move forward with SSRIS and covering up the damage.  

There are just way too many people becoming vocal about their nightmares from these drugs for SSRI's to continue being prescribed indefinitely, mainly thanks to the internet.  The cat is at least partially out of the bag on this one and as more cases arise it will become too big of a deal to hide.  So many of the symptoms of WD and lasting side effects from these drugs can be attributed to depression and anxiety that they have been able to play the, "that's just their condition worsening,' card for too long.  If someone winds up with insomnia, confusion, muscle stiffness etc., they can just claim, "Oh, well those are all symptoms of anxiety."  If you wind up deeply depressed with brain fog, insomnia etc., "Oh, that's your depression returning," or, "Oh, that's your depression worsening and you need to raise the dose or switch meds." 

At this point there are just too many incidents for it to be ignored and too many Doctors even coming around; though not nearly enough.

Big Pharma and the medical industry will never acknowledge outright the damage they have caused to so many millions of people as they could not possibly absorb the massive lawsuits, rage and hopefully jail sentences.  They would be destroyed.  

What I believe they will do is begin at some point phasing back the prescriptions for these drugs and move newer treatments in.  SSRI's, and probably other classes as well will slowly become "obsolete" as they advertise how much more "effective" the newer treatments are.  It will seem like these older meds are not being prescribed anymore simply because better things have come along.  They probably will still use them here and there for certain "resistant" cases but not in mass as it is too hard to cover up the results when you have too many suffering from the same thing.  Over time there will be less victims shouting to be heard as there are less and less prescriptions being written for them.  This will result in less voices being demanded to be heard and less Doctors coming around because they will not be dealing with it as much and then hardly at all. 

This is how they can weasel their way through it.  Hopefully they wont.  They need to be held accountable for what they've done.