direstraits

☼ direstraits: Paxil withdrawal

Flowers

Hello DS.  So sorry that you are having so many horrible symptoms. 

None of us know how long waves will last and when you will start to feel better. I suppose what we have to hang onto is that in time we will feel better as has been proven by so many others. The worst thing is not knowing how long these bad periods will last. If only it was like a cold where you know you will get over it in a few days!

I recognise your symptoms and do understand how desperate they can make you feel.

I too know others who have never suffered taking AD's but who knows what the future holds for them. I certainly wouldn't wish this on them. 

If you can, just try to focus on how you will get better.

Sending you love and strength.

xxxx

direstraits

thanks, Ali and Flowers

I did get some relief today and was able to do alittle housework and sit out front in the sun for a while( after days of rain and gloom) so that felt nice..

sorry to sound so desperate but this really messes with your head and tries to take you to some awful places...I get such hateful thoughts sometimes that aren't who I really am...it's scary.

guess we just have to hold on til this horror show is over..xoxo

Flowers

I totally understand how you feel hateful thoughts and all!

I bet it was nice to feel the sun on your face.

xxx

direstraits

It's nice to be understood. :) 

manymoretodays

Yup.  Hugs from me too.  I can relate once again.......hit a bottom yesterday and it frightened me as I thought that was over.  I mean just in the emotional lows and all.  And you did housework!!!!!!!!!!  Yahoo.......come on over and do some of mine :) .  I try so hard to make that stuff, housework and all.......seem unimportant as far as priorities go.......but then it always gets to me.........I get a bit disgusted or overwhelmed by my guilt at not having a more perfect home and yard.  Pfffft.

It ain't ova til it's ova so I/we might as well make the best of it somehow or in the words of John Lennon....."Everything will be okay in the end.  If it's not okay, it's not the end."

Kindness and comfort sent and I will gladly receive some as well,

Love,

manymoretodays

direstraits

thanks,mmt

sending you love and hugs ...sorry you're suffering,too...don't worry about the housework,it's the least of our problems...trying to be functional,mentally and physically healthy people is what really matters right now.

I like what John said ...was devastated when he died..a big Beatles fan.

xoxo

direstraits

I'm still on the roller coaster ...2 1/2 years off yesterday...slept well last night but woke up feeling so weak ,feel like I can hardly talk or even breathe!...why?is it anxiety? anyone else feel like this?

even in the windows I always feel some weakness...blurry vision...numbness,tingling in feet...will it really ever all go away...

thankful for all the support here ...don't like to think where I'd be without it :o  :( 

be so glad when this hellish election is OVER! :angry:  :wacko: 

AliG

Hey DS.   You know, we have a fairly similar time frame and we have gone through a lot together . I'm one month behind you , I think I'm 2 yrs 5 mths off. The thing is after all the time I put in , I feel that I had a fairly sudden " catch up " with symptoms leaving towards the end , and I'm hoping you might too .

I feel it might be like tapering that if you just " hold " and wait that your system eventually " catches" up and then stabilizes with time . ( lots of it ).

I have weakness too but I don't really think about it. Blurry vision - tick , numbness- tick, tingling- tick. I don't even really consider these to be a problem now after what I have gone through.

Depression - gone .

SI - Gone.

Some sort of happiness back !  You will get there, D. It's only a matter of time.

Hugs,

Ali

direstraits

always make me feel hopeful,Ali...thank you.

so happy for all the progress you've made!

love,ds

AliG

D.  I hope you feel hopeful.  I'm only happy because I know now it's possible for everyone else , as well. That's the only reason I talk about it.

It will happen for you.

direstraits

thankful to be feeling pretty good today...was so worried yesterday.

so thankful for this site. It has gotten me through so much.

Happy Thanksgiving!

AliG

Happy Thanksgiving, D.  :)

direstraits

thanks Ali. xo

direstraits

so tired of this fatigue, don't know what to do ..and the messed up vision..gonna get it checked after the holidays..

so much I want to do and can't ..so frustrating :angry:  :( just no energy at all...anyone else like this?

maybe 3 years will be the turning point...really losing hope for ever recovering from this ....I'm terrified.

Flowers

Hi DS - please don't be terrified. Exhaustion must be so hard to live with but please try to never give up hope. Some people have been on the point of giving up and things have changed for them even after a long while of symptoms. You never know what is around the next corner.

Is everything OK with your thyroid? (levels)

Sending you a big hug

xxxxx

AliG

D. I have it too but it does start to get better, even though it's not ideal. I have accepted that we will possibly never be quite the same but we can come close.

Hugs.

direstraits

thanks for the posts,Flowers and Ali...

I'm hoping to feel better after the stress of the holidays is over.

It's been 9 months since my thyroid was tested ...was OK then but I've been gaining a little weight and I don't eat a lot...so frustrating.

yesterday felt pretty good w/ more energy ...today not as good but not too bad.went to Walmart and my eyes felt terrible in the fluorescent light. was glad to get out of there!

how did your trip go,Ali...did you go?  xoxo

AliG

Yes. I pushed myself and it was ok in the end.  It was nice to have a change of scene and I did end up enjoying it.  Thanks D.

direstraits

((((((hugs))))))

Flowers

Glad you had a good day yesterday DS. All we can do is take one day at a time. I bet Walmart was busy.

I think we will all feel better after Christmas - just too much pressure!

xxxx

direstraits

thanks,Flowers....xoxo

coldturkmama

You can have hypothyroidism without the blood test showing it. I have it and my blood work only shows it as slightly in the lower range of normal. thankfully my bil is a natural path and he figured it out based on other things plus we have a huge family history.

direstraits

Hi.coldturkmama...thanks for your post.

maybe I should see an endocrinoligist again,I dunno.

hope you're doing well...xo

Purplestars22

Hey Direstraits, hope your energy levels rise up soon. Hopefully the three year mark will bring you closer to feeling better and healing. Don't get discouraged you never know when you will turn a corner. I am going to reach my three year mark in three days on the 23rd. It feels so surreal but I'm hopeful things will get better for me. Warm wishes and happy holidays! Ps22

direstraits

Hi Purplestars,

thanks for your encouraging post ! I'm actually crying, I'm such a baby.

It all gets so old after a while,doesn't it but we keep plodding on.

congrats on 3 years!hope things really start to improve for you.

Happy Holidays! xo

Athena

My turn to come give you some support and courage on your thread.

I hope your holidays are as peaceful and joyful as can be!

Love,

Athena

direstraits

thanks so much,Athena !

I wish the same for you....xoxo

Purplestars22

Hey Direstraits, your so welcome sorry didn't mean to make you emotional. It sure does get old same thing day after day. I try to do an activity that I enjoy everyday and plan to write down something that I'am grateful about just to change my perspective about this ordeal of wd. Thanks, ps22

manymoretodays

Hi Dire.  Thankyou for the warm wishes on my introduction today.  And same for you and your loved ones.........it's amazing how little I am doing for these holidays this year but my heart and spirit are okay and mostly in the right place........where they should be.  I am so thankful that I don't have little ones or even a live in spouse type to pull it together for right now.......  I don't know.......good and bad either way I think as I do get the opportunity to get lost in my head maybe more frequently........thankful for my friend/helper/support for always checking in and on me and his acceptance........and mostly for his reminders that yah.......I am progressing in the right direction now.  Oh......so much better and different from last year at this time.

Feeling it all in my heart though......what the season is really about........and day light will start to get longer now.........yesterday was the winter solstice.  Phewww......we have all made it this far.........a bunch of miracles that we are!!

I just wanted to say that you ARE doing it.........the recovery healing path and all that comes with it.  You ARE! 

Yes, on the fatigue here at times too.  Today I ventured on out and then came home and crashed into a hard sleep for about 4 hours. 

Love, light, support from afar being sent........and I will even throw in one of these corny AA hugs too!

mmt

direstraits

thanks mmt...here's to longer days coming our way and hopefully much more healing.

watching this sweet tiny girl on Rachael Ray makes me think of my angel in heaven...the tears are flowing.

thanks for all the love and support from everyone...you keep me going....xoxo

AliG

D. It's that time of year. I understand. Let the tears flow . So very sorry.

Flowers

Thinking of you DS. 

xxxxx

direstraits

Thanks,Ali and Flowers...

Happy Holidays! xoxo

luv2knit

<3 <3

direstraits

hugs and love to you, luv.....miss you.

Athena

Hugs and hope from up north...

Hang in there, a new year will bring more healing.

Athena