direstraits

☼ direstraits: Paxil withdrawal

RachelSusan

Yes I can relate.  Like bugs crawling or a tingling?

direstraits

kinda like an itchy feeling but can't locate where it is.😖

8 hours ago, RachelSusan said:

Yes I can relate.  Like bugs crawling or a tingling?

direstraits

last night I had the worst burning skin and itching yet.

I thought I read bananas were supposed to help with this, I ate one a few hours before bed but seems like it had the opposite effect.

Carmie

I’m so sorry you’re suffering with burning and itching skin Direstraits, 

We won’t know ourselves when we no longer have withdrawals. I’m sorry the bananas made things worse. I stopped putting bananas in my smoothies because they are high in histamine and I would get symptoms from eating too many high histamine foods, including itchiness sometimes. I wonder if a low histamine diet might help you? I’m not sure, but it might be worth a try. 

Sending hugs🤗

direstraits

thanks for your reply, @Carmie

I didn't know that about bananas, I'll have to check out foods low in histamine, I had read that potassium was helpful for burning skin.

this is all so confusing.😧

I did sleep better last night but always seem to wake up to some anxiety and fatigue...look forward to the day I wake up feeling refreshed and calm!

big hugs back to you!🤗🤗

Carmie

Hi Direstraits, 

Hope you’re coping okay today. When I was having a lot of high histamine foods I got bad itching, mainly on my face and head. I also break out badly. I was having lots of smoothies with bananas in them. I love tuna, and I was having a lot of tuna too. When I got rid of these things the itching stopped. It can’t hurt to see if eating low histamine might help you. The medication I’m on affects the histamine receptors on low doses, thus the problems.

Glad you had a better night’s sleep. Yes, it’s horrible waking up in extreme anxiety. I don’t have a problem with that so much now, but when I was on high doses of Seroquel I would be shaken awake every morning. It was really scary. I remember not wanting to go to bed because I dreaded the mornings.

Take care, sending hugs🤗

direstraits
3 hours ago, Carmie said:

Hi Direstraits, 

Hope you’re coping okay today. When I was having a lot of high histamine foods I got bad itching, mainly on my face and head. I also break out badly. I was having lots of smoothies with bananas in them. I love tuna, and I was having a lot of tuna too. When I got rid of these things the itching stopped. It can’t hurt to see if eating low histamine might help you. The medication I’m on affects the histamine receptors on low doses, thus the problems.

Glad you had a better night’s sleep. Yes, it’s horrible waking up in extreme anxiety. I don’t have a problem with that so much now, but when I was on high doses of Seroquel I would be shaken awake every morning. It was really scary. I remember not wanting to go to bed because I dreaded the mornings.

Take care, sending hugs🤗

thanks, Carmie

pretty decent day,went for adrive then stopped for lunch at Nifty Fifties,(great milkshakes 😊)then walked around the mall for a bit to get alittle exercise.

I'll check out the links that ChessieCat sent me.

hope you're coping OK.❤️

Carmie
13 minutes ago, direstraits said:

thanks, Carmie

pretty decent day,went for adrive then stopped for lunch at Nifty Fifties,(great milkshakes 😊)then walked around the mall for a bit to get alittle exercise.

I'll check out the links that ChessieCat sent me.

hope you're coping OK.❤️

Glad you had a pretty decent day direstraits,

Chessiecat is a sweetie. I don’t know how to share links, and I only have my iPad. She’s a computer expert and can do pretty much anything. She began a tag team with me, she shares the links I ask her to. Very kind. 

I really hope the low histamine diet helps a bit, even if it reduces the symptoms a little it would be well worth it. Hope you have another decent day tomorrow 💚

direstraits
7 minutes ago, Carmie said:

Glad you had a pretty decent day direstraits,

Chessiecat is a sweetie. I don’t know how to share links, and I only have my iPad. She’s a computer expert and can do pretty much anything. She began a tag team with me, she shares the links I ask her to. Very kind. 

I really hope the low histamine diet helps a bit, even if it reduces the symptoms a little it would be well worth it. Hope you have another decent day tomorrow 💚

thanks,dear.

sending hugs 🤗

bheb

Hey direstraits, I relate to that feeling of wanting to rip your skin off. Itchy, bugs under the surface -- mine is all mixed into a general sense of agitation and restlessness. I'm sorry and hope it passes for you soon.

Yeah I don't know about bananas, histamines, etc. I haven't been able to figure out any kinds of produce/histamine-high food that are triggers. But that is definitely something worth looking into. 

direstraits
1 hour ago, bheb said:

Hey direstraits, I relate to that feeling of wanting to rip your skin off. Itchy, bugs under the surface -- mine is all mixed into a general sense of agitation and restlessness. I'm sorry and hope it passes for you soon.

Yeah I don't know about bananas, histamines, etc. I haven't been able to figure out any kinds of produce/histamine-high food that are triggers. But that is definitely something worth looking into. 

thanks for stopping by,bheb

yeah,I get the agitation and restlessness too at times,it's awful isn't it

I was just reading a list of high histamine foods and it's many of the things I like to eat.😟

it said bananas were a histamine liberating food whatever that is.

just wish I could go back in time and never started these blasted drugs.😪

bheb

I know, it sucks to feel like you’re walking on eggshells and have to closely monitor everything that goes into your body. But I guess at least this is a way we can take control.

Carmie

Hi direstraits, 

Hope you have a nice time at the beach this week.🌊🌊 Did you end up lowering the amount of high histamine foods you’ve been eating? 

Hope you’re coping okay, sending hugs🤗

Carmie

Hi Direstraits, 

Thanks for popping around to my thread. I’m sorry you didn’t get to the beach on Tuesday. How is your wave at the moment? Have you had any more windows?

It’s really warm here at the moment. Real beach weather.🌊🌊 I really hope I’m well enough to get to the beach n bbq day with my friends in a fortnight. It sounds like fun, I’ll watch the volleyball ( doubt I’ll have the strength to play, though you never now, might be able to play for a few minutes) n take my boogieboard and float in the water. The water is pretty calm where we are going. Another friend of mine wants to go on another beach holiday with me some time this year. We went to Surfers Paradise last year. Can’t afford it yet, I’ll have to start saving up the pennies.

Take care, sending hugs🤗

direstraits

thanks , Carmie

I can't seem to get out of this wave,get some brief windows then thrown back into it.😟

I still worry that I'll never recover from this and that I've been permanently damaged,I've never felt the same since this started.

I'm really losing hope ,maybe if I was younger I wouldn't feel so hopeless about all this,idk.

anyway, hope you get to the beach and have a wonderful time,dear friend.

hugs,ds❤️🌊

Carmie

Hi Direstraits, 

Just remember it took Alto about eight years to recover. It can take a long time, but you will eventually recover. It certainly doesn’t feel like that when going through waves, but you will get there. Don’t lose hope. 

Sending lots of hugs🤗🤗🤗

bubble
12 hours ago, direstraits said:

12 hours ago, direstraits said:

I can't seem to get out of this wave,get some brief windows then thrown back into it.😟

What helps me in frustrating times of stabilizing is to focus on windows, however brief, even if they are just a relief.

I do my best to disregard the rest as it is not the real me and keep my eyes firmly on those good moments. The fact they are here are a sure sign the tide has turned and you are on your way out of the tunnel. At least they are short and fleeting but gradually they become longer and longer. 

I recently watch a video somebody posted from a man who recovered and one of his advice was to connect with some sort of spirituality, something that is greater and goes beyond our current suffering. I was battling with severe battle fatigue and Shep reminded me of that. It helped me so much. In my case it's working on acceptance and mindfulness through listening to Tara Brach. A member in the success story spike about faith in Jesus, anything that makes sense for us.

Hope you see more improvements soon.

direstraits
11 hours ago, Carmie said:

Hi Direstraits, 

Just remember it took Alto about eight years to recover. It can take a long time, but you will eventually recover. It certainly doesn’t feel like that when going through waves, but you will get there. Don’t lose hope. 

Sending lots of hugs🤗🤗🤗

thanks,Carmie...hate to think of another 3 years of this but I've made it through almost 5 so I guess I can keep going if I know it will end at some point,what choice do we have?

think I'm a bit better today,see how it goes,gotta get in the shower and get outside for awhile,wish me luck.

much love,ds❤️

Hi @bubble

thanks for your post,really appreciate it.

I do try to practice acceptance and mindfulness ,sometimes easier than others.

I'm not very religious but I have to say I've never prayed more in my life since going through this!🙏

thanks for your support and encouragement,it means so much.

hope you're having a decent day.

xx

Carmie

Hi Direstraits, 

I really am sorry you’ve had protracted withdrawal so long. It may not take you another three years to stabilise though. None of us know how long it will take for our poor little brains to heal. Wouldn’t it be great if there was some kind of way of knowing when our withdrawals would end after we take that last bit of medication. Anyone got a time machine so we can go to the future? Back to the future!😁 Love that movie trilogy. 

I can’t remember exactly how long I’ve been tapering, but I’d say it’s around the same time you’ve been in protracted withdrawals. I’ve got a really long time still to go. I try hard to focus on just getting through each day as best I can. I can’t change the past, and worrying about the future doesn’t change anything either. We can only live each moment as it comes.

Hope you cope okay through yet another day, an hour at a time does it. I hope you manage to get to the beach again too🌊. It’s really hot here at the moment, great beach weather, but one must really slather on the sunscreen. Looking forward to a fun beach day on the 24th with friends. If I’m too sick to go at least having something to look forward to makes me happy. Been invited to a friend’s place for dinner this Saturday too, so that will be something nice to look forward to as well. Food and beach, so how can one not be happy having those things to look forward to.😁

Take care💚

powerback

You have some of my heart tonight D ,us long timers will get there eventually .

Today I actually felt human and could face the world ,I'm overwhelmed but ile ground myself and think long term .

❤️🙏.

Flowers

Thinking of you DS. It's been a long time I know to keep enduring these waves. You have come a long way though and done so well. One day can be so different to another as PB has mentioned.  I hope you get some good days soon.

Love and hugs

Flowers xxx

direstraits

thanks everyone for all your support and encouragement.❤️

@Carmie hope you can get out and enjoy yourself with friends. you're such an inspiration. xx

@powerback so glad u had a good day! you have my heart too. ❤️ take care.

@Flowers so nice to hear from you! how have u been? think of u often.xx

Flowers

Hi DS

I am up and down and struggling with back pain at the moment! Mentally OK though so it's not all bad.

Hugs  xxx

coldturkmama

Hey Dire 

just popping by to say hi and that I hope you are doing okay. I’m still dealing with it all as well. 5 years later and it just sucks. Hoping for better days ahead. For all of us!

direstraits
1 hour ago, coldturkmama said:

Hey Dire 

just popping by to say hi and that I hope you are doing okay. I’m still dealing with it all as well. 5 years later and it just sucks. Hoping for better days ahead. For all of us!

Hi coldturkmama!

I'm sorry you're still dealing with this torture,too after so long,it does suck,big time.

at least I was able to get out to dinner with my husband for Valentine's Day,so that was nice.

hopefully we're getting near the finish line!

hang in there.

hugs,ds

xx

coldturkmama

I sure hope so. I’d love to know an end date lol 

Carmie

Hi Direstraits, 

Just popping in to see how you’re doing.💚

direstraits
12 hours ago, Carmie said:

Hi Direstraits, 

Just popping in to see how you’re doing.💚

Hi Carmie,thanks for stopping by.

today was better than yesterday,thank God.

this has been a difficult month for me.there are a lot of things that happened in Feb. that make this a difficult time for me,don't know if that affects the WD?

hope you have a good day.

hugs,ds❤️

direstraits
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:15 PM, Flowers said:

Hi DS

I am up and down and struggling with back pain at the moment! Mentally OK though so it's not all bad.

Hugs  xxx

I get back pain,too,sorry you're struggling with that...glad you're OK mentally though!

take care,ds❤️

Carmie

I’m sorry you’ve had a rough month Direstraits, 

Yes, if you have a lot on and a lot of things to deal with it can certainly ramp up your system. Any type of stress, whether physical, emotional or mental can ramp up symptoms. Even too much excitement can make symptoms worse, Yes, even happy excitement. We need to try and calm down our nervous symptoms as much as we can. 

When you have a lot happening are you able to spend some time on your own, to give yourself a bit of self care? 

Hope your next month is a calmer month with not as much happening. I get invited to lots of things, sometimes I actually feel relieved when some things are cancelled. I don’t say yes to everything I’m invited to either. 

Take care💚

direstraits

Hi @Carmie

what I meant to say is things that happened in the past in this month make this a difficult time for me . I always appreciate your support though.💙

some good news,my husband got a new job,so grateful for that.😊

sending love and healing to all,ds

Carmie

Hi Direstraits, 

Glad to hear that your husband got a job, that’s really good news. 

Hope you’re coping okay. Yesterday I was watching funny acts on X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent. It was good to have a laugh, the acts are so entertaining, and hilarious. I’ll probably watch some more today. I think it’s important to find things that cheer us up, as this healing journey certainly isn’t a laughing matter.

I was supposed to go to the beach this Sunday with friends, but I’ve got a cold this week, lots of nose blowing.😁 I hope you’ve managed to get to the beach. 

Again, I’m very sorry you’ve had such a difficult month, I hope things get better, sending hugs🤗

direstraits
14 minutes ago, Carmie said:

Hi Direstraits, 

Glad to hear that your husband got a job, that’s really good news. 

Hope you’re coping okay. Yesterday I was watching funny acts on X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent. It was good to have a laugh, the acts are so entertaining, and hilarious. I’ll probably watch some more today. I think it’s important to find things that cheer us up, as this healing journey certainly isn’t a laughing matter.

I was supposed to go to the beach this Sunday with friends, but I’ve got a cold this week, lots of nose blowing.😁 I hope you’ve managed to get to the beach. 

Again, I’m very sorry you’ve had such a difficult month, I hope things get better, sending hugs🤗

sorry to hear you have a cold,I hate them...glad you're keeping yourself entertained though.

ashame you won't get to the beach but maybe when you feel better...I hope to get there when it's a little warmer.🌊

well, have some chicken soup and feel better soon!

big hugs,ds❤️🤗

Carmie

Can you bring me some chicken soup Direstraits 🍵🤣,

Apparently there’s a cyclone heading towards us, probably not beach weather soon. Take care💚